Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Desktop (Mac)

Discuss Spotify for Mac

Start a topic

Forum Posts

New "Now Playing View" sidebar

Spotify is introducing a new "Now Playing View" sidebar in the desktop app and Web Player to go along with the recently released "Your Library" sidebar. The Now Playing View in the right sidebar shows the album art and info of the current song or pod...

• Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

New Your Library sidebar

Spotify is introducing a new Your Library sidebar in the desktop app and Web Player. The new Your Library sidebar is rolling out to all desktop users now, so you will be seeing it soon if you haven't already. The new Your Library sidebar improves nav...

Sidebar Tips.png Desktop Sidebar Compact View.png Compact Layout.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 3 likes

Solved!! Spotify free: Music stops on MAC

Edited: Thank you very much everyone for helping! Finally I managed to correct the error and the steps are those that DerpyNerd offered and highlighted as a solution. Hi! I have a MacBook Pro, and for a week now I have a problem with the desktop app....

• Casual Listener
  • bfteach
  • Regular
  • 19 replies
  • 1 likes
  • music stops
  • 19 replies
  • 1 likes

[Mac] Troubleshooting Spotify

Having trouble with Spotify on your Desktop app? Here’s what to try first. Search the Community Someone might have asked your question on the Community before. So type your issue into the search box and have a look. Tip: Don't forget to check our Spo...

• Spotify Legend
  • 0 replies
  • 34 likes
  • Mac
  • 0 replies
  • 34 likes

New releases

Plan: PremiumCountry: Italy Device(iPhone XS Max, Apple Macbok Pro,)Operating System(iOS 12, Mac OS X Mojave.) Whenever I go to browse the new releases a lot of the artisits are italian.How do I stop this from happening? I livein Italy but I have no ...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan: Premium Country: Italy   Device (iPhone XS Max, Apple Macbok Pro,) Operating System (iOS 12,  Mac OS X Mojave.)   Whenever I go to browse the new releases a lot of t...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify can't play this right now. If you have the file on your computer you can import it.

PlanPremiumCountrySouth AfricaDevice(Macbook Pro late 2015)Operating System(OSX High Sierra) Good day - Trying Spotify for the first time, and the very first album I want to listen to I get the error message: Spotify can't play this right now. If you...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country South Africa Device (Macbook Pro late 2015) Operating System (OSX High Sierra)   Good day -    Trying Spotify for the first time, and the very first alb...
  • Nico
  • Community Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Login problem dektop mac

FamilyPremiumUSA MAc desktop 2015Operating System: IOS I keep trying to log in to the app on my desktop through facebook (my account is linked, i've never unlinked it) and my facebook account is open and logged in on chrome. When spotify trys to log ...

• Casual Listener
  • Family Premium USA     MAc desktop 2015 Operating System: IOS      I keep trying to log in to the app on my desktop through facebook (my account is linked, i've neve...
  • Nico
  • Community Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Login
    Login Errors
    Premium
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!!Superuser Contribution Discover Weekly: 2016-09-26

PlanPremiumCountryUSADeviceMacbook Air 2018Operating SystemMacOS Mojave My Question or IssueI've been slowly getting back into Spotify for the last month or two after not using it for a few years, but one thing that hasn't changed is my Discover Week...

• Music Fan
  • Plan Premium Country USA Device Macbook Air 2018 Operating System MacOS Mojave   My Question or Issue I've been slowly getting back into Spotify for the last month or two after not usi...
  • Palidino
  • Music Fan
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Does spotify download duplicate songs?

Does anyone know if spotify downloads duplicate songs?Like if I have two of the same song in different playlists and I download both playlist, is it going to download both songs?

• Casual Listener
  • Does anyone know if spotify downloads duplicate songs? Like if I have two of the same song in different playlists and I download both playlist, is it going to download both songs? 
  • landonharris88
  • Composer
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • duplicate
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

How do I control the volume in spotify with the volume buttons on my apple keyboard?

SetupiMac with spotify playing music on an external sound device (Beoplay speaker). The sound device has been connected via the "Connect to a device" button located bottom-right in next to the spotify volume control in the MacOSX spotify application....

• Regular
  • Setup iMac with spotify playing music on an external sound device (Beoplay speaker). The sound device has been connected via the "Connect to a device" button located bottom-right in next to the spot...
  • 0 replies
  • 32 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 32 likes

Solved!!Superuser Contribution Spotify charged twice in March

I just discovered that Spotify charged me twice in March...Once on 1st and then on 28th when I usually get charged.How could I get my money back from this extra payment or what should I do?

• Visitor
  • I just discovered that Spotify charged me twice in March... Once on 1st and then on 28th when I usually get charged. How could I get my money back from this extra payment or what should I do?
  • user-removed
  • Not applicable
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify connect not working right

PlanPremiumCountryUSA DeviceMac Pro and Android Pixel XL, Onkyo TX-NR777Operating SystemOSX 10.14.4, Android 9, Spotify Version1.1.4.197.g92d52c4f8.5.0.375 My Question or IssueWhat the H** is going on Spotify connect today (4/11) it is all jacked up ...

• Music Fan
  • Plan Premium Country USA   Device Mac Pro and Android Pixel XL, Onkyo TX-NR777 Operating System OSX 10.14.4,  Android 9,    Spotify Version 1.1.4.197.g92d52c4f 8.5.0.3...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

friends

maybe it was just a glitch sorted now.  

• maybe it was just a glitch sorted now.   
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Spotify not syncing songs on my mac

PlanPremium CountryIndia DeviceMacbook pro, early 2015 Operating SystemMacos 10.14.4 Mojave I am having this peculiar problem where songs that I save on my android phone aren't syncing to my mac; and even when I manually search that specific song and...

• Music Fan
  • Plan Premium   Country India   Device Macbook pro, early 2015   Operating System Macos 10.14.4 Mojave     I am having this peculiar problem where songs that I sa...
  • Guido
  • Spotify Legend
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Strange Sound Every Few Minutes

PlanPremium for Students CountryUSA DeviceMacbook Pro 2018 Operating SystemmacOS High Sierra 10.13.6 My Question or IssueGood afternoon,When I have been playing music after a few hours, a strange noise will begin and startle me. It only happens with ...

• Plan Premium for Students   Country USA   Device Macbook Pro 2018   Operating System macOS High Sierra 10.13.6   My Question or Issue Good afternoon, When I have bee...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify Connect not working on my laptop

PremiumUSA DeviceMacbook proOperating SystemMojave My Question or IssueSpotify Connect is working fine on my iPhone 7 but not on my macbook, can anyone help? ive attached the screenshots of both laptop and phoneand then when i try to play local files...

•   Premium USA   Device Macbook pro Operating System Mojave   My Question or Issue Spotify Connect is working fine on my iPhone 7 but not on my macbook,  can anyone help?...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Genres and moods tab blank

PlanPremiumCountry Device Operating System(iindows 10) My Question or Issueall the sections in the spotify app on windows are working fine with the exception of the genres and moods ( the one I use the most). It been happening for a while .

• Plan Premium Country   Device   Operating System (iindows 10)   My Question or Issue all the sections in the spotify app on windows are working fine with the exception of the...
  • Nico
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

album cover window missing

Plan - PremiumCountry - U.S. Device - Macbbok pro mid 2012Operating System - macOS Sierra My Question or Issue - The album art that is displayed next to the songs (picture included) when using the desktop app is gone. I accidentally clicked it away a...

• Plan - Premium Country - U.S.   Device - Macbbok pro mid 2012 Operating System - macOS Sierra   My Question or Issue - The album art that is displayed next to the songs (picture ...
  • 1stsymphony
  • 1 replies
  • 4 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 4 likes

How can I delete greyed out Local files?

Plan: PremiumCountry: Canada Device(MacBook Air, 2018)Operating System(macOS Mojave 10.14.4) My Question or Issue: I am having issues with trying to delete 2 greyed out, local files. They're really bugging me. When I double-click to play, it obviousl...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan: Premium Country: Canada   Device (MacBook Air, 2018) Operating System (macOS Mojave 10.14.4)   My Question or Issue:   I am having issues with trying to delete 2 g...
  • mishmqdsi
  • Casual Listener
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! spotify not working just a black screen

PlanPremium: canada Device(Macbook Pro late 2010 or something)Operating System(OSX) My Question or Issuespotify is not orking i just get a black screen. tried to do a clean install but the files i need are not on my computer (ive looked in libary > c...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium: canada   Device (Macbook Pro late 2010 or something) Operating System (OSX)   My Question or Issue spotify is not orking i just get a black screen. tried to do a clea...
  • Bittencourt
  • Spotify Star
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify changes song

I have Spotify without premium on Windows 10. Worked flawlessly untill today. I could not play a song. Either it said it could not play the song or just started change songs continuasly. I've tried to log out on all plattforms and I have unistalled a...

• Casual Listener
  • I have Spotify without premium on Windows 10. Worked flawlessly untill today. I could not play a song. Either it said it could not play the song or just started change songs continuasly. I've tried t...
  • Nico
  • Community Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Wrong Zone

Wrong Zone

• Casual Listener
  • Wrong Zone
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • fair
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Liked Songs playlist in MacOS desktop app

PlanPremiumCountryUSA DeviceMacbook Pro late 2018Operating SystemMacOS Mojave Hi Community,My mobile Android Spotify app created an autogenerated playlist 'Liked Songs'.But I can't find this playlist in my desktop app...

photo5273909142010047044.jpg
  • Regular
  • Plan Premium Country USA   Device Macbook Pro late 2018 Operating System MacOS Mojave   Hi Community, My mobile Android Spotify app created an autogenerated playlist 'Liked Son...
  • carpathianUA
  • Regular
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • macOS Mojave
    Playlist problem
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes