Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Desktop (Mac)

Discuss Spotify for Mac

Start a topic

Forum Posts

Jam now available on Desktop

Spotify is bringing Jam to the desktop app! 拾 ️ Now you can start or join a listening party with your friends, family, colleagues, and classmates, with the Spotify desktop app in addition to the mobile app. Although you can listen on your own, Jam in...

Start Jam Menu - Desktop App.png Queue Right Sidebar.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

New "Now Playing View" sidebar

Spotify is introducing a new "Now Playing View" sidebar in the desktop app and Web Player to go along with the recently released "Your Library" sidebar. The Now Playing View in the right sidebar shows the album art and info of the current song or pod...

• Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

New Your Library sidebar

Spotify is introducing a new Your Library sidebar in the desktop app and Web Player. The new Your Library sidebar is rolling out to all desktop users now, so you will be seeing it soon if you haven't already. The new Your Library sidebar improves nav...

Sidebar Tips.png Desktop Sidebar Compact View.png Compact Layout.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 3 likes

Solved!! Spotify free: Music stops on MAC

Edited: Thank you very much everyone for helping! Finally I managed to correct the error and the steps are those that DerpyNerd offered and highlighted as a solution. Hi! I have a MacBook Pro, and for a week now I have a problem with the desktop app....

• Casual Listener
  • bfteach
  • Regular
  • 19 replies
  • 1 likes
  • music stops
  • 19 replies
  • 1 likes

[Mac] Troubleshooting Spotify

Having trouble with Spotify on your Desktop app? Here’s what to try first. Search the Community Someone might have asked your question on the Community before. So type your issue into the search box and have a look. Tip: Don't forget to check our Spo...

• Spotify Legend
  • 0 replies
  • 35 likes
  • Mac
  • 0 replies
  • 35 likes

Song in queue deleted when moving tracks

I've had this problem recurring for some time and it's incredibly frustrating. See the images below for an illustrated example. Steps to replicate:Set up a queue with at least two songs.Move a song in the queue to play next.Desired effect: The song s...

Skärmavbild 2019-05-20 kl. 10.02.05.png Skärmavbild 2019-05-20 kl. 10.02.13.png
  • Music Fan
  • I've had this problem recurring for some time and it's incredibly frustrating. See the images below for an illustrated example.   Steps to replicate: Set up a queue with at least two songs. ...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • queue
    song deleted
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Clicking on cover points to a different song

When I click on the cover (left bottom) I expect to get the location of the current song, in fact the app shows the list and hightlight one song, but is not the current song, so I need to scroll across the list to find the green-hightlighted one to l...

Screenshot 2019-05-17 at 13.21.18.png
  • When I click on the cover (left bottom) I expect to get the location of the current song, in fact the app shows the list and hightlight one song, but is not the current song, so I need to scroll acro...
  • Guido
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

Superuser Contribution Search issues

I'm currently having search issues on my desktop Mac. I've been trying to figure it out for an hour. This happens quite often, I'd say, at least, a couple of times per week. I go into the general search bar and no matter what I type in nothing comes ...

SearchIssue.png
  • I'm currently having search issues on my desktop Mac. I've been trying to figure it out for an hour. This happens quite often, I'd say, at least, a couple of times per week. I go into the general sea...
  • Peter
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify keeps playing on Sonos

Hi, When I play something in Spotify and try to listen on my bedroom Sonos 1 it stops playing in Spotify and starts playing through the Sonos app even if the Sonos app isn't open. Its always worked fine but this morning just started this annoying beh...

• Regular
  • Hi, When I play something in Spotify and try to listen on my bedroom Sonos 1 it stops playing in Spotify and starts playing through the Sonos app even if the Sonos app isn't open. Its always worked f...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Spotify can't play this Japanese artist right now while in Japan

Hey there! I live in Japan and am seeing A LOT of Japanese bands that are greyed out. This seems real crazy to me since these bands are literally from where my account is tied to. I did however just move here from Canada and was using a Canadian acco...

• Casual Listener
  • Hey there! I live in Japan and am seeing A LOT of Japanese bands that are greyed out. This seems real crazy to me since these bands are literally from where my account is tied to. I did however just ...
  • Katerina
  • Spotify Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Greyed out songs
    Japan
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Uploading a Playlist Photo isn't working?

So I was trying to upload a photo on one of my playlists on my MacBook, and it showed up that the photo needed to be at least 300x300, and that the photo I had selected was too small. However, my photo was 1000x1000, and other photos I tried between ...

• So I was trying to upload a photo on one of my playlists on my MacBook, and it showed up that the photo needed to be at least 300x300, and that the photo I had selected was too small. However, my pho...
  • Guido
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Problema condivisione 30 secondi su Facebook

PlanPremiumCountryItalyDeviceiMacOperating SystemMojave Richiesta agli utenti italiani, visto che con il resto del mondo mi è andata male.Ho un problema nel condividere su Facebook le anteprime dei brani (i trenta secondi che si possono sentire diret...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country Italy Device iMac Operating System Mojave   Richiesta agli utenti italiani, visto che con il resto del mondo mi è andata male. Ho un problema nel condividere su Fa...
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes

This queue thing - how annoying is it

Am I the only one who finds the queue functionality (or lack of it) on Spotify utterly infuriating. I have Googled it to try to clear it - I can find no blue dot! Clicking the last song doesn't do it! Can't I just turn the darn thing off? And what is...

• Casual Listener
  • Am I the only one who finds the queue functionality (or lack of it) on Spotify utterly infuriating. I have Googled it to try to clear it - I can find no blue dot! Clicking the last song doesn't do it...
  • 0 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 2 likes

Song stuck in library

PlanPremiumCountryNetherlandsDeviceDesktop/LaptopOperating SystemWindows 10 My Question or IssueOne of my favorite artists released a song about a month ago, initially this song was not available on Spotify. I found a playlist that had the song on it...

• Plan Premium Country Netherlands Device Desktop/Laptop Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue One of my favorite artists released a song about a month ago, initially this s...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify super slow to load on MacBook Pro

After several years suffering the *frustration of the very slow load time on my MacBook Pro 2012 Spotify now works like it should and I am very pleased with myself. "Why?" I hear you ask - well I installed a SSD is all. The MacBook is very happy and ...

• Casual Listener
  • After several years suffering the *frustration of the very slow load time on my MacBook Pro 2012 Spotify now works like it should and I am very pleased with myself. "Why?" I hear you ask - well I ins...
  • 0 replies
  • 2 likes
  • laggy
    Slow search results
    slow spotify
  • 0 replies
  • 2 likes

Superuser Contribution !Spotify can't play this right now!

Hi, I have got an issue with spotify mac app. I used it yesterday evening and didn't have any. But this morning I can not use that app to listen music. I have that for every song. And I tried to switch account, streaming setting, delete local files a...

• Casual Listener
  • Hi, I have got an issue with spotify mac app. I used it yesterday evening and didn't have any. But this morning I can not use that app to listen music. I have that for every song. And I tried to swit...
  • emreerisen
  • Casual Listener
  • 4 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 1 likes

Superuser Contribution Playlist picture sents back when I reopen the App

Plan: PremiumCountry: Switzerland Device: Macbook ProOperating System: macOS Mojave My Question or IssueThere was a different picture set to a playlist I made, even though I never change anything. I set a new password and logged out on all devices, b...

• Plan: Premium Country: Switzerland   Device: Macbook Pro Operating System: macOS Mojave   My Question or Issue There was a different picture set to a playlist I made, ...
  • Guido
  • Spotify Legend
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution "Spotify can't play this right now. If you have the file on your computer you can import it"

PlanPremiumCountryGermanyDeviceMacBook Pro 2017Operating SystemmacOS My Question or IssueEverytime I want to play a song the error "Spotify can't play this right now. If you have the file on your computer you can import it" appears. What can I do? Is...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country Germany Device MacBook Pro 2017 Operating System macOS   My Question or Issue Everytime I want to play a song the error "Spotify can't play this right now. If...
  • mbo2
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Search results issues!

Dear Spotify, So I am a big music nerd. I listen to playlists all day usually at work. So as of the last few weeks when i search for example INDIE. The results of playlists are being 'filtered' or only loading a certain ammount of results. Instead of...

• ...urated by Spotify itself is showing. But a HUGE chunk of user generated playlists or public playlists by users on the app or even mobile are missing. I searched for example pop. Only spotify content c...
  • user-removed
  • Not applicable
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

Music stops playing at 0:06

PlanFreeCountryUKDeviceMacbook Pro late 2018Operating SystemMacOS Mojave My Question or IssueMusic stops playing after 6 seconds of playback, why?

• Plan Free Country UK Device Macbook Pro late 2018 Operating System MacOS Mojave   My Question or Issue Music stops playing after 6 seconds of playback, why?  
  • chuckellen
  • Music Fan
  • 2 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 3 likes

Spotify shows all my local files

PlanPremium - Familiar CountrySpain DeviceMacbook Pro Retina 13'' 2015 - iPad Air 2 - iPhone 8 Plus Operating SystemmacOS Mojave 10.14.2 - iOS 12.2 - iOS 12.2 My Question or IssueI've always used my Mac for adding local files to my playlists and sync...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium - Familiar   Country Spain   Device Macbook Pro Retina 13'' 2015 - iPad Air 2 - iPhone 8 Plus   Operating System macOS Mojave 10.14.2 - iOS 12.2 - iOS 12.2 &nbs...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Spotify skips songs and will not play downloaded songs

PlanPremiumCountryNetherlandsDeviceiMac - Retina 5K, 27", Late 2015Operating SystemHigh Sierra 10.13.6 My Question or IssueSince updating to the last version of the Spotify Desktop app (1.1.5.153.gf614956d) I am unable to play songs. The app plays le...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country Netherlands Device iMac - Retina 5K, 27", Late 2015 Operating System High Sierra 10.13.6   My Question or Issue Since updating to the last version of the Spotify D...
  • Guido
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Spotify won't stop playing mysterious playlist

Plan: PremiumCountry: UK Devices: iPhone 8/ MAC iOS 10 My Question or Issue: Just got back from a work trip abroad where I used my spotify on various devices. Trying to use it at home today and something odd is happening. A mysterious playlist create...

• Plan: Premium Country: UK   Devices: iPhone 8/ MAC iOS 10   My Question or Issue:   Just got back from a work trip abroad where I used my spotify on various devices. T...
  • Guido
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Podcasts not loading

PlanPremiumCountryUS DeviceMacbook Pro late 2017Operating SystemMojave 10.14.4 Podcasts will not load. Attched is a screenshot.I've tried, restarting and logging out.

• Plan Premium Country US   Device Macbook Pro late 2017 Operating System Mojave 10.14.4   Podcasts will not load. Attched is a screenshot. I've tried, restarting and logging out. ...
  • Guido
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes