Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Desktop (Mac)

Discuss Spotify for Mac

Start a topic

Forum Posts

Jam now available on Desktop

Spotify is bringing Jam to the desktop app! 拾 ️ Now you can start or join a listening party with your friends, family, colleagues, and classmates, with the Spotify desktop app in addition to the mobile app. Although you can listen on your own, Jam in...

Start Jam Menu - Desktop App.png Queue Right Sidebar.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

New "Now Playing View" sidebar

Spotify is introducing a new "Now Playing View" sidebar in the desktop app and Web Player to go along with the recently released "Your Library" sidebar. The Now Playing View in the right sidebar shows the album art and info of the current song or pod...

• Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

New Your Library sidebar

Spotify is introducing a new Your Library sidebar in the desktop app and Web Player. The new Your Library sidebar is rolling out to all desktop users now, so you will be seeing it soon if you haven't already. The new Your Library sidebar improves nav...

Sidebar Tips.png Desktop Sidebar Compact View.png Compact Layout.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 3 likes

Solved!! Spotify free: Music stops on MAC

Edited: Thank you very much everyone for helping! Finally I managed to correct the error and the steps are those that DerpyNerd offered and highlighted as a solution. Hi! I have a MacBook Pro, and for a week now I have a problem with the desktop app....

• Casual Listener
  • bfteach
  • Regular
  • 19 replies
  • 1 likes
  • music stops
  • 19 replies
  • 1 likes

[Mac] Troubleshooting Spotify

Having trouble with Spotify on your Desktop app? Here’s what to try first. Search the Community Someone might have asked your question on the Community before. So type your issue into the search box and have a look. Tip: Don't forget to check our Spo...

• Spotify Legend
  • 0 replies
  • 34 likes
  • Mac
  • 0 replies
  • 34 likes

i cant see my playlist covers anymore and some albums and songs are not working

PlanPremiumuk Device Macbook Pro Operating System My Question or Issuehi I've been using spotfy since 2018 and all of a sudden i cant upload nor see other playlist covers even artists , i tried to clear caches files on spotfy reinstall spotfy and non...

• Plan Premium uk    Device  Macbook Pro  Operating System     My Question or Issue hi I've been using spotfy since 2018 and all of a sudden i cant upload nor se...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify Can't Play New Songs

My Spotify app on the mac will not play songs that I am newly adding to playlists. I tried a clean reinstall and this did not work. Also, I can't find the Spotify cache folder on the mac, not sure if this is related. Please help ASAP!

• Regular
  • My Spotify app on the mac will not play songs that I am newly adding to playlists. I tried a clean reinstall and this did not work. Also, I can't find the Spotify cache folder on the mac, not sure if...
  • Loxer
  • Community Legend
  • 10 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 10 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! error code 101 on Macbook, and I have tried everything nothing works please help

Plan - FreeCountry - Au Device - macbook pro late 2016 (iPhone 8, Samsung Galaxy 9, Macbook Pro late 2016)Operating System (iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.) My Question or Issue at first I had an issue of error code 4 and tried to fix it by loo...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan - Free Country - Au   Device - macbook pro late 2016  (iPhone 8, Samsung Galaxy 9, Macbook Pro late 2016) Operating System  (iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.)...
  • Loxer
  • Community Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Remove all albums from library

I have the family plan and the other day I noticed several people had joined my family without my consent. How that happened is probably an interesting question, but it's not my immediate issue. They added a bunch of albums to my library. I don't wan...

• Music Fan
  • I have the family plan and the other day I noticed several people had joined my family without my consent.   How that happened is probably an interesting question, but it's not my immediate is...
  • formido
  • Music Fan
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes

Share (30 seconds) new music preview

Hello, I'm a Premium user.Why when I share a new song (Facebook), won't it show me the preview (30 seconds)? If the song is old, there are no problems. Are there any limits? Can you tell me something?Thanks.(I have attached image)

• Casual Listener
  • Hello, I'm a Premium user. Why when I share a new song (Facebook), won't it show me the preview (30 seconds)? If the song is old, there are no problems. Are there any limits? Can you tell me som...
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes

Solved!! The album art is gone again in 2019?

Family PremiumUSA DeviceMacbook Pro 2017Operating SystemmacOS 10.14 Mojave The album art that usually shows up in the lower lefthand corner above the song title, artist, and etc. information has disappeared. I saw threads for this issue in 2018 but i...

• Family Premium USA   Device Macbook Pro 2017 Operating System macOS 10.14 Mojave   The album art that usually shows up in the lower lefthand corner above the song title, artist, and...
  • Loxer
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

Friend feed not showing

PlanPremiumCountry DeviceMacbook ProOperating SystemMacOS High Sierra Hi,I updated Spotify yesterday and since then my friend activity isn't showing up. I have loggest out and in, in additon to uninstalling and reinstalling the app, and the problem s...

• Visitor
  • Plan Premium Country   Device Macbook Pro Operating System MacOS High Sierra   Hi, I updated Spotify yesterday and since then my friend activity isn't showing up. I have loggest o...
  • Loxer
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Album/Song on spotify, but doesn't let you play it nor add to playlist

Family PlanPremiumUS Device(iPhone S, Macbook Pro late 2016)Operating System(iOS 10) I'm not sure if this is happening to any other album, but I can't only reach the Iron Man soundtrack album through the songs "**bleep** Kid" by DJ Boborobo and "Inst...

• Family Plan Premium US   Device (iPhone S,  Macbook Pro late 2016) Operating System (iOS 10)   I'm not sure if this is happening to any other album, but I can't only reach the...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Now Playing Incorrect Account

In the past couple days, in the Now Playing widget in my Notification Center, Spotify sometimes shows what my brother is listening to rather than what I am listening to. As a result, whenever I press the pause button on my keyboard, it pauses my brot...

• In the past couple days, in the Now Playing widget in my Notification Center, Spotify sometimes shows what my brother is listening to rather than what I am listening to. As a result, whenever I press...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify mobile app won't recognize Amazon Echo Dot

PlanFree/PremiumCountry USA DeviceGalaxy 8 Operating SystemAndroid Oreo My Question or IssueUntil yesterday morning, I could easily use my Galaxy S8 as a remote control. I could play Spotify (Premium) songs on my Echo Dot. The device was always seen....

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Free/Premium Country USA   Device Galaxy 8  Operating System Android Oreo   My Question or Issue Until yesterday morning, I could easily use my Galaxy S8 as a remot...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Amazon Echo Dot
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Why can't I dislike or like a song from Daily Mixes anymore?

Both on my iphone and mac, I can no longer like or dislike a song on my Daily Mix, which I had assumed created a better Daily Mix for me. Now, I only get the option to add to my library.

• Casual Listener
  • Both on my iphone and mac, I can no longer like or dislike a song on my Daily Mix, which I had assumed created a better Daily Mix for me.  Now, I only get the option to add to my library.
  • dandyhand
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Playlist description not updating

When I change the description of a playlist on the desktop app, the new description appears after I hit Save. However, when I close then relaunch the app, the playlist description reverts to the old one. Any help? Thanks!

• Visitor
  • When I change the description of a playlist on the desktop app, the new description appears after I hit Save. However, when I close then relaunch the app, the playlist description reverts to the old ...
  • Loxer
  • Community Legend
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes

Is it possible to access the song name of the currently playing song in the Mac app via Applescript?

Is it possible to access the song name of the currently playing song in the Mac app via Applescript? I would like to be able to copy the name of the currently playing song to my clipboard.

• Music Fan
  • Is it possible to access the song name of the currently playing song in the Mac app via Applescript? I would like to be able to copy the name of the currently playing song to my clipboard. 
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

How to search by year and artist (and more if you want)

Hey guys, Some don't know this but you can search anything you want including 2 or more things together here's how: Say first you want all the songs in the year 2019, well all you have to do is write year:2019 in the searchbar (without a space). Then...

Screen Shot 2019-04-22 at 2.21.16 AM.png Screen Shot 2019-04-22 at 2.21.29 AM.png Screen Shot 2019-04-22 at 2.21.48 AM.png Screen Shot 2019-04-22 at 2.21.55 AM.png
  • Casual Listener
  • Hey guys,   Some don't know this but you can search anything you want including 2 or more things together here's how:   Say first you want all the songs in the year 2019, well all you h...
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes

sovled

solved

• solved
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify Connect with Yamaha R-N301, "Spotify" input option disappears.

Hi,Spotify connect stops working on my Yamaha R-N301 after having used it once. If I pull the plug and plug it back in again, it works fine. But after having disconnected or turned off the reciever, i cannot reconnect and the "spotify" option complet...

• Hi, Spotify connect stops working on my Yamaha R-N301 after having used it once. If I pull the plug and plug it back in again, it works fine. But after having disconnected or turned off the reciever...
  • 0 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 2 likes

Killed: 9 error message on macOS 10.13.6

DeviceiMac Mid-2011Operating SystemmacOS High Sierra (10.13.6) My Question or IssueHi, I'm having difficulties installing Spotify on my Mac. I've downloaded the installer, but it won't open when I double-click on it. I've launched the installer throu...

• Device iMac Mid-2011 Operating System macOS High Sierra (10.13.6)   My Question or Issue Hi, I'm having difficulties installing Spotify on my Mac. I've downloaded the installer, but it won...
  • Loxer
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Liked from radio no longer add to the list

Plan FreeCountry USA All my devicesiPhone 10xMacPro OSX 10.14 My Question or IssueWhen I like a song it used to populate the Liked from Radio list automatically. This no longer happens. I've tested on iPhone and Mac.

• Plan Free Country USA   All my devices iPhone 10x MacPro OSX 10.14   My Question or Issue When I like a song it used to populate the Liked from Radio list automatically. This n...
  • user-removed
  • Not applicable
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

songs not streaming

Plan: PremiumCountry: India DeviceMacbook pro Early 2015 Operating SystemMacos Mojave 10.14.5 My Question or IssueI initially had an issue where songs that I saved on my android phone would not sync on my mac, and even if I searched for them manually...

• Music Fan
  •   Plan: Premium Country: India   Device Macbook pro Early 2015   Operating System Macos Mojave 10.14.5   My Question or Issue I initially had an issue where songs ...
  • Loxer
  • Community Legend
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Keyboard shortcut to quickly switch to a playlist

I wonder if there's a faster way to get to the playlist I want to listen to. I'm talking about playlists I am following already. It seems like I have these options:1) Scroll through the list until I find it2) Use global search, and click on the first...

• Regular
  • I wonder if there's a faster way to get to the playlist I want to listen to. I'm talking about playlists I am following already. It seems like I have these options: 1) Scroll through the list until ...
  • Loxer
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes