Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Desktop (Mac)

Discuss Spotify for Mac

Start a topic

Forum Posts

Jam now available on Desktop

Spotify is bringing Jam to the desktop app! 拾 ️ Now you can start or join a listening party with your friends, family, colleagues, and classmates, with the Spotify desktop app in addition to the mobile app. Although you can listen on your own, Jam in...

Start Jam Menu - Desktop App.png Queue Right Sidebar.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

New "Now Playing View" sidebar

Spotify is introducing a new "Now Playing View" sidebar in the desktop app and Web Player to go along with the recently released "Your Library" sidebar. The Now Playing View in the right sidebar shows the album art and info of the current song or pod...

• Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

New Your Library sidebar

Spotify is introducing a new Your Library sidebar in the desktop app and Web Player. The new Your Library sidebar is rolling out to all desktop users now, so you will be seeing it soon if you haven't already. The new Your Library sidebar improves nav...

Sidebar Tips.png Desktop Sidebar Compact View.png Compact Layout.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 3 likes

Solved!! Spotify free: Music stops on MAC

Edited: Thank you very much everyone for helping! Finally I managed to correct the error and the steps are those that DerpyNerd offered and highlighted as a solution. Hi! I have a MacBook Pro, and for a week now I have a problem with the desktop app....

• Casual Listener
  • bfteach
  • Regular
  • 19 replies
  • 1 likes
  • music stops
  • 19 replies
  • 1 likes

[Mac] Troubleshooting Spotify

Having trouble with Spotify on your Desktop app? Here’s what to try first. Search the Community Someone might have asked your question on the Community before. So type your issue into the search box and have a look. Tip: Don't forget to check our Spo...

• Spotify Legend
  • 0 replies
  • 34 likes
  • Mac
  • 0 replies
  • 34 likes

Solved!! Can't view my saved songs (Mac)

I need some help!!I've been having trouble with the Mac desktop version of Spotify for a while now, I can't seem to view my saved songs. I know I have saved songs as I can view them on the web and mobile version of Spotify. Whenever I try to view my ...

• I need some help!! I've been having trouble with the Mac desktop version of Spotify for a while now, I can't seem to view my saved songs. I know I have saved songs as I can view them on the web and ...
  • Loxer
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Mac
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Some friends are not showing up

Hello, Some of my FB friends are not showing up in my feed.I've read this issue was known in 2018 and solved since, but couldn't find more about how to solve this.I tried to uninstall / reinstall the app without success. Device : Macbook air retina 2...

• Hello,  Some of my FB friends are not showing up in my feed. I've read this issue was known in 2018 and solved since, but couldn't find more about how to solve this. I tried to uninstall / re...
  • leviE
  • Composer
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

I pay for premium, since the last update some songs won't play and my friends list disappeared.

PlanPremium for studentsCountryUSDeviceMacbook Operating System (iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.) My Question or Issue

• Plan Premium for students Country US Device Macbook  Operating System   (iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.)   My Question or Issue  
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Podcasts not marked as played

After listening to a podcast, it willnot be marked as played on Spotify or won’t allow me to listen to the final few seconds. Plan- StudentCountry- CanadaDevice- (iPhone X, Macbook Pro late 2012)

• After listening to a podcast, it will not be marked as played on Spotify or won’t allow me to listen to the final few seconds.    Plan- Student Country- Canada Device- (...
  • 0 replies
  • 4 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 4 likes

How can I mark songs in an album that I already added to my library?

Plan: FamilyPremiumSwitzerland Devices: Mac and android phone My Question or Issue: I find it really frustrating that I can't find a way to mark songs in an album that I already added to my library on Spotify. (Mac desktop version or android version)...

• Plan: Family Premium Switzerland   Devices: Mac and android phone   My Question or Issue:  I find it really frustrating that I can't find a way to mark songs in an album that I ...
  • 0 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 2 likes

Solved!! Playlist cover not loading only for certain playlists

Icons for two of my playlists suddenly stopped loading after i restarted the app today. Instead, the default music cover is showing. On web player icons are loading properly for both playlists, and I am not sure what exactly caused this. I have tried...

• Icons for two of my playlists suddenly stopped loading after i restarted the app today. Instead, the default music cover is showing. On web player icons are loading properly for both playlists, and...
  • Nico
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

I can't log in to spotify

I put my spotify into Offline mode on my mac and then logged out by mistake and now I can't log back in because its saying I'm offline (it's showing error code 11)

• I put my spotify into Offline mode on my mac and then logged out by mistake and now I can't log back in because its saying I'm offline (it's showing error code 11)  
  • Nico
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

New releases

Plan: PremiumCountry: Italy Device(iPhone XS Max, Apple Macbok Pro,)Operating System(iOS 12, Mac OS X Mojave.) Whenever I go to browse the new releases a lot of the artisits are italian.How do I stop this from happening? I livein Italy but I have no ...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan: Premium Country: Italy   Device (iPhone XS Max, Apple Macbok Pro,) Operating System (iOS 12,  Mac OS X Mojave.)   Whenever I go to browse the new releases a lot of t...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify can't play this right now. If you have the file on your computer you can import it.

PlanPremiumCountrySouth AfricaDevice(Macbook Pro late 2015)Operating System(OSX High Sierra) Good day - Trying Spotify for the first time, and the very first album I want to listen to I get the error message: Spotify can't play this right now. If you...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country South Africa Device (Macbook Pro late 2015) Operating System (OSX High Sierra)   Good day -    Trying Spotify for the first time, and the very first alb...
  • Nico
  • Community Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Login problem dektop mac

FamilyPremiumUSA MAc desktop 2015Operating System: IOS I keep trying to log in to the app on my desktop through facebook (my account is linked, i've never unlinked it) and my facebook account is open and logged in on chrome. When spotify trys to log ...

• Casual Listener
  • Family Premium USA     MAc desktop 2015 Operating System: IOS      I keep trying to log in to the app on my desktop through facebook (my account is linked, i've neve...
  • Nico
  • Community Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Login
    Login Errors
    Premium
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!!Superuser Contribution Discover Weekly: 2016-09-26

PlanPremiumCountryUSADeviceMacbook Air 2018Operating SystemMacOS Mojave My Question or IssueI've been slowly getting back into Spotify for the last month or two after not using it for a few years, but one thing that hasn't changed is my Discover Week...

• Music Fan
  • Plan Premium Country USA Device Macbook Air 2018 Operating System MacOS Mojave   My Question or Issue I've been slowly getting back into Spotify for the last month or two after not usi...
  • Palidino
  • Music Fan
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Does spotify download duplicate songs?

Does anyone know if spotify downloads duplicate songs?Like if I have two of the same song in different playlists and I download both playlist, is it going to download both songs?

• Casual Listener
  • Does anyone know if spotify downloads duplicate songs? Like if I have two of the same song in different playlists and I download both playlist, is it going to download both songs? 
  • landonharris88
  • Composer
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • duplicate
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

How do I control the volume in spotify with the volume buttons on my apple keyboard?

SetupiMac with spotify playing music on an external sound device (Beoplay speaker). The sound device has been connected via the "Connect to a device" button located bottom-right in next to the spotify volume control in the MacOSX spotify application....

• Regular
  • Setup iMac with spotify playing music on an external sound device (Beoplay speaker). The sound device has been connected via the "Connect to a device" button located bottom-right in next to the spot...
  • 0 replies
  • 32 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 32 likes

Solved!!Superuser Contribution Spotify charged twice in March

I just discovered that Spotify charged me twice in March...Once on 1st and then on 28th when I usually get charged.How could I get my money back from this extra payment or what should I do?

• Visitor
  • I just discovered that Spotify charged me twice in March... Once on 1st and then on 28th when I usually get charged. How could I get my money back from this extra payment or what should I do?
  • user-removed
  • Not applicable
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify connect not working right

PlanPremiumCountryUSA DeviceMac Pro and Android Pixel XL, Onkyo TX-NR777Operating SystemOSX 10.14.4, Android 9, Spotify Version1.1.4.197.g92d52c4f8.5.0.375 My Question or IssueWhat the H** is going on Spotify connect today (4/11) it is all jacked up ...

• Music Fan
  • Plan Premium Country USA   Device Mac Pro and Android Pixel XL, Onkyo TX-NR777 Operating System OSX 10.14.4,  Android 9,    Spotify Version 1.1.4.197.g92d52c4f 8.5.0.3...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

friends

maybe it was just a glitch sorted now.  

• maybe it was just a glitch sorted now.   
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Spotify not syncing songs on my mac

PlanPremium CountryIndia DeviceMacbook pro, early 2015 Operating SystemMacos 10.14.4 Mojave I am having this peculiar problem where songs that I save on my android phone aren't syncing to my mac; and even when I manually search that specific song and...

• Music Fan
  • Plan Premium   Country India   Device Macbook pro, early 2015   Operating System Macos 10.14.4 Mojave     I am having this peculiar problem where songs that I sa...
  • Guido
  • Spotify Legend
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Strange Sound Every Few Minutes

PlanPremium for Students CountryUSA DeviceMacbook Pro 2018 Operating SystemmacOS High Sierra 10.13.6 My Question or IssueGood afternoon,When I have been playing music after a few hours, a strange noise will begin and startle me. It only happens with ...

• Plan Premium for Students   Country USA   Device Macbook Pro 2018   Operating System macOS High Sierra 10.13.6   My Question or Issue Good afternoon, When I have bee...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify Connect not working on my laptop

PremiumUSA DeviceMacbook proOperating SystemMojave My Question or IssueSpotify Connect is working fine on my iPhone 7 but not on my macbook, can anyone help? ive attached the screenshots of both laptop and phoneand then when i try to play local files...

•   Premium USA   Device Macbook pro Operating System Mojave   My Question or Issue Spotify Connect is working fine on my iPhone 7 but not on my macbook,  can anyone help?...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes