Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Desktop (Mac)

Discuss Spotify for Mac

Start a topic

Forum Posts

Jam now available on Desktop

Spotify is bringing Jam to the desktop app! 拾 ️ Now you can start or join a listening party with your friends, family, colleagues, and classmates, with the Spotify desktop app in addition to the mobile app. Although you can listen on your own, Jam in...

Start Jam Menu - Desktop App.png Queue Right Sidebar.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

New "Now Playing View" sidebar

Spotify is introducing a new "Now Playing View" sidebar in the desktop app and Web Player to go along with the recently released "Your Library" sidebar. The Now Playing View in the right sidebar shows the album art and info of the current song or pod...

• Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

New Your Library sidebar

Spotify is introducing a new Your Library sidebar in the desktop app and Web Player. The new Your Library sidebar is rolling out to all desktop users now, so you will be seeing it soon if you haven't already. The new Your Library sidebar improves nav...

Sidebar Tips.png Desktop Sidebar Compact View.png Compact Layout.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 3 likes

Solved!! Spotify free: Music stops on MAC

Edited: Thank you very much everyone for helping! Finally I managed to correct the error and the steps are those that DerpyNerd offered and highlighted as a solution. Hi! I have a MacBook Pro, and for a week now I have a problem with the desktop app....

• Casual Listener
  • bfteach
  • Regular
  • 19 replies
  • 1 likes
  • music stops
  • 19 replies
  • 1 likes

[Mac] Troubleshooting Spotify

Having trouble with Spotify on your Desktop app? Here’s what to try first. Search the Community Someone might have asked your question on the Community before. So type your issue into the search box and have a look. Tip: Don't forget to check our Spo...

• Spotify Legend
  • 0 replies
  • 35 likes
  • Mac
  • 0 replies
  • 35 likes

local files used to play, play on iphone, but can't play anymore on Mac

so here's why I just canceled my premium account...When I first installed spotify, it was fantastic, I importaed all my itune music... then recently some files disapeared from the playlists...while they are local files very much on my driveSo-I erase...

• so here's why I just canceled my premium account... When I first installed spotify, it was fantastic, I importaed all my itune music... then recently some files disapeared from the playlists...while...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

podcast not showing up

I submitted my podcast to Spotify for Podcasters (beta) the other day. I can see it when I go to my dashboard however when I click the episode it doesnt play and just says 'Analytics for this view are not currently available'.I have tried searching f...

• I submitted my podcast to Spotify for Podcasters (beta) the other day.  I can see it when I go to my dashboard however when I click the episode it doesnt play and just says 'Analytics for this v...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

spotify audio bug when playing other content on mac

PlanPremiumCountryUnited StatesDeviceMacbook Pro, 2017Operating SystemmacOS mojave My Question or Issuewhen playing songs on spotify and then switching to say chrome and trying to play youtube video, you generally pause spotify. but when i pause spot...

• Regular
  • Plan Premium Country United States Device Macbook Pro, 2017 Operating System macOS mojave   My Question or Issue when playing songs on spotify and then switching to say chrome and tryi...
  • ElainaD
  • Composer
  • 1 replies
  • 2 likes
  • audio bug
    chrome
    firefox
    Mac
    no audio
  • 1 replies
  • 2 likes

Empty playlists, songs won't play

PlanPremium DeviceMacbook ProOperating SystemiOS 10 (verion 10.14.4) My Question or IssuePlaylist (eg New Music Friday) are empty showing only the message "This playlist is currently empty"Some songs do play but others (most) won't.I have this issue ...

• Plan Premium   Device Macbook Pro Operating System iOS 10 (verion 10.14.4)   My Question or Issue Playlist (eg New Music Friday) are empty showing only the message "This playlist i...
  • Loxer
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Mac App doesn't play songs anymore - infinity loading

Since a few weeks I am struggling with the Spotify App for macOS. Everything started with once the song downloads had been done the symbol in the navigation bar showed still up as a circle with an arrow in it. Once I opened the playlist/folder on upp...

• Casual Listener
  • Since a few weeks I am struggling with the Spotify App for macOS. Everything started with once the song downloads had been done the symbol in the navigation bar showed still up as a circle with an ar...
  • sx5
  • Music Fan
  • 8 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 8 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify no reproduce canciones en MAC. SOLUCIONADO

Desde hace un tiempo Spotify no me reproduce canciones que no haya escuchado con anterioridad es decir, tan solo puedo escuchar canciones que ya haya reproducido pero, si inicio una nueva búsqueda de canción no se reproduce, todo se queda en blanco, ...

• Desde hace un tiempo Spotify no me reproduce canciones que no haya escuchado con anterioridad es decir, tan solo puedo escuchar canciones que ya haya reproducido pero, si inicio una nueva búsqueda de...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Can't play any track on Free account (works with Premium account though!)

My work Macbook Pro will no longer play any tracks on my free account (and I've tried loads). It shows as playing but the play bar doesn't move (stays at 0:00) and after a while I get a message saying: "Spotify can't play this right now. If you have ...

• Casual Listener
  • My work Macbook Pro will no longer play any tracks on my free account (and I've tried loads). It shows as playing but the play bar doesn't move (stays at 0:00) and after a while I get a message sayin...
  • Guido
  • Spotify Legend
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes

Superuser Contribution Logged into desktop with Facebook, but cannot find friends/username is numbers

Premium/USAiMac ProiOS 10.14 So I tried troubleshooting based on some suggestions I found here, I deactivated my Facebook, reset my password, logged out of Spotify and came back in. Still nothing. My issue is that everywhere it shows that I'm logged ...

• Casual Listener
  • Premium/USA iMac Pro iOS 10.14   So I tried troubleshooting based on some suggestions I found here, I deactivated my Facebook, reset my password, logged out of Spotify and came back in. Stil...
  • Guido
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Immediate Crash when updating to version 1.1.6.112 on Mojave

PlanPremiumCountryUsa DeviceiMac Late 2015Operating SystemOSX 10.14.4 Mojave My Question or IssueThe last stable release for me seems to be 1.1.5.153.gf614956d When Updating to 1.1.6.112 I get an immediate crash upon opening the app without any warni...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country Usa   Device iMac Late 2015 Operating System OSX 10.14.4 Mojave   My Question or Issue The last stable release for me seems to be 1.1.5.153.gf614956d &...
  • Guido
  • Spotify Legend
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Crash
    Desktop
    Mac
    mojave
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! What happened to the "Local Files" option under Your Library?

PlanPremiumCountryUnited StatesDeviceMacbook Pro Mid 2012Operating System10.14.4 My Question or IssueHow do I access my list of local files? The only options that show are Made For YouRecently PlayedSongsAlbumsArtistsStationsVideosPodcasts

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country United States Device Macbook Pro Mid 2012 Operating System 10.14.4   My Question or Issue How do I access my list of local files? The only options that show are &...
  • ElainaD
  • Composer
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution spotify mac client not loading content

Plan: premium Country: USA2016 IMac running latest OS When I launch the Spotify desktop software on my iMac the application seems to load normally, however, content pulled via the internet within the application (effectively everything you need) does...

• Regular
  • Plan: premium  Country: USA 2016 IMac running latest OS   When I launch the Spotify desktop software on my iMac the application seems to load normally, however, content pulled via the i...
  • Guido
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

what settings on my mac do I use to have it play all night? I turn on and it is off when I come back

PlanFree/PremiumCountry Device(iPhone 8, Samsung Galaxy 9, Macbook Pro late 2016)Operating System(iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.) My Question or Issue

• Plan Free/Premium Country   Device (iPhone 8, Samsung Galaxy 9, Macbook Pro late 2016) Operating System (iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.)   My Question or Issue  
  • Bethany_Dawn
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify app got erased from my mac and can`t install it again

PlanPREMIUMCountryMEXICODeviceIMACOperating Systemmac OS Mojave 10.14.4 My Question or Issuethe Spotify app just desapeared from my mac, I downloaded and installed it again, but the instalation does nothing, it just stays there for hours but doesn`t ...

• Regular
  • Plan PREMIUM Country MEXICO Device IMAC Operating System mac OS Mojave 10.14.4   My Question or Issue the Spotify app just desapeared from my mac, I downloaded and installed it again, ...
  • Loxer
  • Community Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify Not Connecting to Shazam

AccountFree DeviceiPhone 5S and Macbook Pro Mid 2012 iOS 12.2 and OS 10.14.4 Mohave My Issue:I recently found out I could connect my Shazam account with my Spotify account, and seeing as I have almost 4000 Shazams this made me very happy. However, wh...

• Account Free   Device iPhone 5S and Macbook Pro Mid 2012   iOS 12.2 and OS 10.14.4 Mohave   My Issue: I recently found out I could connect my Shazam account with my Spotify ac...
  • Loxer
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 2 likes

Unable to Play Saved Songs

PlanPremiumCountryUSADeviceMacbook Pro 2018 My Question or IssueWhen I click on "Songs" on my left sidebar to access my saved songs, I cannot see any of them. It shows a page that says, "Your favorite songs will appear here. Go to your browse page to...

• Plan Premium Country USA Device Macbook Pro 2018     My Question or Issue When I click on "Songs" on my left sidebar to access my saved songs, I cannot see any of them. It shows a ...
  • Loxer
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Song Disappears when I order Date Added

PlanPremiumCountryUnited States DeviceMacBook Pro late 2016Operating SystemiOS 10.14.4 My Question or IssueFor this playlist, there are 20 songs.If you look at the images, when I switch the ordering from custom to date added, some songs disappear and...

• Regular
  • Plan Premium Country United States   Device MacBook Pro late 2016 Operating System iOS 10.14.4   My Question or Issue For this playlist, there are 20 songs. If you look at the i...
  • Loxer
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! No album cover art is loading

PlanPremiumCountryGermany DeviceiMac (late 2006)Operating SystemMacOS 10.7 My Question or IssueI installed the desktop app and no album cover art is loading in the "album art corner" or on other lists like "albums". When I open a certain album or go ...

• Regular
  • Plan Premium Country Germany   Device iMac (late 2006) Operating System MacOS 10.7   My Question or Issue I installed the desktop app and no album cover art is loading in the "al...
  • pankratz
  • Regular
  • 8 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 8 replies
  • 0 likes

The Spotify Customer Support System Is A Joke

I have a problem with my Spotify that hasn't been resolved. I scroll through this forum and most other posts have the same problem. Loxer is the only person who seems to be trying to help and there is no way to contact Spotify directly. This is a jok...

• Regular
  • I have a problem with my Spotify that hasn't been resolved. I scroll through this forum and most other posts have the same problem. Loxer is the only person who seems to be trying to help and there i...
  • merlijnv2000
  • Composer
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

Trouble using app on multiple networks Macbook Pro

PlanPremiumCountryUSADeviceMacbook Pro Mid 2012Operating SystemiOS X My Question or IssueHi, I'm having an issue when trying to use app on our shop's wifi. When I first open the app it says it's offline (it's not in offline mode). I tried to uninstal...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country USA Device Macbook Pro Mid 2012 Operating System iOS X   My Question or Issue Hi, I'm having an issue when trying to use app on our shop's wifi. When I first open ...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Secret playlists are still public..."Make Secret" doesn't work

PlanFreeCountryUSADeviceMacBook Pro, Early 2015Operating SystemMac OS X 10.13.6 When I have a playlist open and click on the three dots icon next to the play button, and I select "Make Secret", then I check my profile in a web browser (https://open.s...

• Casual Listener
  • ...elect "Make Secret", then I check my profile in a web browser  (https://open.spotify.com/user/USERNAME), the playlist still shows up in the list of public playlists. This...is...not...cool!
  • Bittencourt
  • Spotify Star
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes