Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Desktop (Mac)

Discuss Spotify for Mac

Start a topic

Forum Posts

Jam now available on Desktop

Spotify is bringing Jam to the desktop app! 拾 ️ Now you can start or join a listening party with your friends, family, colleagues, and classmates, with the Spotify desktop app in addition to the mobile app. Although you can listen on your own, Jam in...

Start Jam Menu - Desktop App.png Queue Right Sidebar.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

New "Now Playing View" sidebar

Spotify is introducing a new "Now Playing View" sidebar in the desktop app and Web Player to go along with the recently released "Your Library" sidebar. The Now Playing View in the right sidebar shows the album art and info of the current song or pod...

• Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

New Your Library sidebar

Spotify is introducing a new Your Library sidebar in the desktop app and Web Player. The new Your Library sidebar is rolling out to all desktop users now, so you will be seeing it soon if you haven't already. The new Your Library sidebar improves nav...

Sidebar Tips.png Desktop Sidebar Compact View.png Compact Layout.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 3 likes

Solved!! Spotify free: Music stops on MAC

Edited: Thank you very much everyone for helping! Finally I managed to correct the error and the steps are those that DerpyNerd offered and highlighted as a solution. Hi! I have a MacBook Pro, and for a week now I have a problem with the desktop app....

• Casual Listener
  • bfteach
  • Regular
  • 19 replies
  • 1 likes
  • music stops
  • 19 replies
  • 1 likes

[Mac] Troubleshooting Spotify

Having trouble with Spotify on your Desktop app? Here’s what to try first. Search the Community Someone might have asked your question on the Community before. So type your issue into the search box and have a look. Tip: Don't forget to check our Spo...

• Spotify Legend
  • 0 replies
  • 34 likes
  • Mac
  • 0 replies
  • 34 likes

Solved!! Songs not Playing

When I play some songs on Spotify, it shows that it is playing in the songs menu. However, as you can see in the picture, on the bottom bar the album icon is empty, and the title and artist is not present, and no sound plays. Can anyone tell me what ...

Screen Shot 2019-02-03 at 10.53.17 PM.jpg
  • Casual Listener
  •   When I play some songs on Spotify, it shows that it is playing in the songs menu. However, as you can see in the picture, on the bottom bar the album icon is empty, and the title and artist i...
  • Bittencourt
  • Spotify Star
  • 11 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Mac Desktop App
    songs not playable
    Songs not playing
  • 11 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Can I listen to Spotify on my bluetooth speaker as well as my laptop at the same time

My Question or IssueCan I listen to Spotify on my bluetooth speaker as well as my laptop at the same time.I'm in the Study, the speaker is in the Lounge room. We are wanting the music to be heard there, but I also want to hear it here while I work. I...

• Casual Listener
  • My Question or Issue Can I listen to Spotify on my bluetooth speaker as well as my laptop at the same time. I'm in the Study, the speaker is in the Lounge room. We are wanting the music to be heard...
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 3 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 1 likes

Album cover art error

PlanPremiumCountryUKDeviceMacbook Pro My Question or Issue Hello, I installed the newest version of Spotify again but now it seems like the album cover art won't load and it appears like this. How can I fix it? Also most importantly, lots of songs wi...

•   Plan Premium Country UK Device Macbook Pro    My Question or Issue   Hello, I installed the newest version of Spotify again but now it seems like the album cover art w...
  • Loxer
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Losing local files

PlanPremiumCountryBelgiumDevice(Macbook Pro, iPhone SE)Operating System(latest) My Question or IssueSpotify keeps losing track of my imported local files. Local files (aspecially relatively recently added files I feel) are showing grey in my playlist...

• Casual Listener
  •   Plan Premium Country Belgium Device (Macbook Pro, iPhone SE) Operating System (latest)   My Question or Issue Spotify keeps losing track of my imported local files. Local files...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify not syncing songs on my mac

PlanPremium CountryIndia DeviceMacbook pro, early 2015 Operating SystemMacos 10.14.4 Mojave I am having this peculiar problem where songs that I save on my android phone aren't syncing to my mac; and even when I manually search that specific song and...

• Music Fan
  •   Plan Premium   Country India   Device Macbook pro, early 2015   Operating System Macos 10.14.4 Mojave     I am having this peculiar problem where songs t...
  • sx5
  • Music Fan
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

Daily Mix Change?

Plan: Premium FamilyCountry: US Device: iMac Late 2013Operating System: Mojave 10.14.3 Was there a change in how the Daily Mixes are built? Yesterday I had the usual continuous play with more loading as you listen, today they're all only 50 or so son...

• Visitor
  • Plan: Premium Family Country: US   Device: iMac Late 2013 Operating System: Mojave 10.14.3   Was there a change in how the Daily Mixes are built? Yesterday I had the usual contin...
  • Bittencourt
  • Spotify Star
  • 2 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 2 likes

friend list not working

My friend list that shows what people are listening too just stopped working, any ideas? I have logged out and in and reinstalled. Thanks!

• Casual Listener
  • My friend list that shows what people are listening too just stopped working, any ideas? I have logged out and in and reinstalled. Thanks!
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Cannot install Spotify

PlanPremiumCountry DeviceMacbook pro 2012 modelOperating System(MacOS Mojave 10.14.3) My Question or IssueCannot install Spotify after deleting the previous version, I cleared the cache and Application support folder -> Spotify. Even after that the i...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country   Device Macbook pro 2012 model Operating System (MacOS Mojave 10.14.3)   My Question or Issue Cannot install Spotify after deleting the previous version, I c...
  • abhishek1208
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Radio Thumbs Up/Thumbs Down missing

Plan: PremiumCountry: UKDevice: iMacOperating System: macOS 10.14.3 My Question or IssueThe thumbs up/thumbs down is missing from my Song Radio stations. I've tried reinstalling Spotify (including removing cache and support files) but they're still m...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan: Premium Country: UK Device: iMac Operating System: macOS 10.14.3   My Question or Issue The thumbs up/thumbs down is missing from my Song Radio stations. &n...
  • yourfriendjp
  • 7 replies
  • 5 likes
  • 7 replies
  • 5 likes

Playlist is missing most songs on my phone

PlanPremiumUSAiPhone 7, current iOS Some of my playlists that appear on my desktop Mac are only partially showing up on my iPhone. One playlist has 298 songs, but only 2 songs appear on my phone's Spotify. I chatted with customer support and they wer...

• Music Fan
  • Plan Premium USA iPhone 7, current iOS   Some of my playlists that appear on my desktop Mac are only partially showing up on my iPhone. One playlist has 298 songs, but only 2 songs appear o...
  • Bittencourt
  • Spotify Star
  • 11 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 11 replies
  • 0 likes

Podcast not "finishing" when done listening to them -

PlanPremiumCountryUSA Device(IMac 2013)Operating System(High Sierra) My Question or IssueSo I like to keep my podcast filter to "unplayed" for obvious reasons. But for some reason certain podcasts, like modern love, won't clear out. I've tried everyt...

•   Plan Premium Country USA   Device (IMac 2013) Operating System (High Sierra)   My Question or Issue So I like to keep my podcast filter to "unplayed"  for obvious re...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

How do I make a playlist of all the songs I've liked?

How do I make a playlist of all the songs i've LIKED - NOT all songs in my library - but only those I've liked by clicking the heart icon? tia PremiumMac desktop

• Regular
  • How do I make a playlist of all the songs i've LIKED - NOT all songs in my library - but only those I've liked by clicking the heart icon? tia   Premium Mac desktop
  • Bittencourt
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Lost albums and artists on multiple platforms

PlanStudent plan/premium CountryUSA DeviceCellphone, Windows Desktop, Mac Laptop, Web player Operating SystemGoogle pixel 2, Windows 10, iOS Mojave My Question or IssueSo I found multiple people with similar issues but none of their solutions worked ...

Screen Shot 2019-04-02 at 9.13.04 AM.png Screen Shot 2019-04-02 at 9.11.58 AM.png Screen Shot 2019-04-02 at 9.12.47 AM.png Screen Shot 2019-04-02 at 9.12.53 AM.png
  • Plan Student plan/premium   Country USA   Device Cellphone, Windows Desktop, Mac Laptop, Web player   Operating System Google pixel 2, Windows 10, iOS Mojave   My Ques...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Figuring out the name of the user having contributed to a playlist

PlanFree/PremiumCountrySwedenDeviceMacbook Pro 2015)Operating System(iOS 10)My Question or IssueHi, this is regarding a user no longer active but formerly a contributor (no longer a premium or a free user, well perhaps you are a free user "forever" f...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Free/Premium Country Sweden Device Macbook Pro 2015) Operating System (iOS 10) My Question or Issue Hi, this is regarding a user no longer active but formerly a contributor (no longer a...
  • Bittencourt
  • Spotify Star
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify makes my mac go slowly

PlanFree/PremiumCountrySpainDeviceMac mini 2014) i5 2.6ghzOperating SystemOS X 10.3 My Question or Issue When I open the spotify app in my mac mini, it make my OS goes slowly (all programs performance down, my cursor hangs, audio interruption...) and...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Free/Premium Country Spain Device Mac mini 2014)  i5 2.6ghz Operating System OS X 10.3   My Question or Issue   When I open the spotify app in my mac mini, it make my O...
  • kuik
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Some songs won't play

Macbook air, high sierra 10.13.6 I am on a Free plan however some songs even though they are listed as available and not greyed out are unable to be played. I looked up this issue and they said the solution was to download the application again fresh...

• Casual Listener
  • Macbook air, high sierra 10.13.6   I am on a Free plan however some songs even though they are listed as available and not greyed out are unable to be played. I looked up this issue and they s...
  • Athenamtp
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

how to sync downloaded spotify tracks to an old ipod?

Hi, I am trying to sync some download Spotify songs I have to an old ipod. I am Spotify premium and i'm using spotify on mac desktop. I never see a section called "devices" show up on the left of Spotify like people said it would. Let me know if you ...

• Hi, I am trying to sync some download Spotify songs I have to an old ipod. I am Spotify premium and i'm using spotify on mac desktop. I never see a section called "devices" show up on the left of Spo...
  • Nico
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Sometimes Songs will start at random points

I've had this happen on multiple Mac Computers. I've attached a screen recording of it happening.

• Regular
  • I've had this happen on multiple Mac Computers.    I've attached a screen recording of it happening. 
  • driven4rhythm
  • Regular
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Spotify Error 126 in Mac

PlanPremiumCountryMexico DeviceMacbookProOperating SystemMojave My Question or IssueSince some months ago I used Spotify on my Mac whitout any problem.However, since some days ago I can`t acces my account in my Mac.When I try to login an error appear...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country Mexico   Device MacbookPro Operating System Mojave   My Question or Issue Since some months ago I used Spotify on my Mac whitout any problem. However, since...
  • arktourusacr
  • Casual Listener
  • 8 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 8 replies
  • 1 likes

Spotify Connect Broken: Randomly Pausing (Yamaha AVR, Gramofon, Panasonic, Samsung and others...)

Edited 8 May 2018 (original post below). On ~3rd May Spotify Connect started randomly pausing (in my case on Yamaha hardware) on a range of devices - rendering their Spotify capbility unusuable. We've since established that this is a problem affectin...

• Gig Goer
  • Edited 8 May 2018 (original post below).   On ~3rd May Spotify Connect started randomly pausing (in my case on Yamaha hardware) on a range of devices - rendering their Spotify capbility unusua...
  • 1w1t4n
  • Regular
  • 271 replies
  • 48 likes
  • Connect
    Connect Yamaha 575
    Yamaha
  • 271 replies
  • 48 likes