Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Desktop (Mac)

Discuss Spotify for Mac

Start a topic

Forum Posts

Jam now available on Desktop

Spotify is bringing Jam to the desktop app! 拾 ️ Now you can start or join a listening party with your friends, family, colleagues, and classmates, with the Spotify desktop app in addition to the mobile app. Although you can listen on your own, Jam in...

Start Jam Menu - Desktop App.png Queue Right Sidebar.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

New "Now Playing View" sidebar

Spotify is introducing a new "Now Playing View" sidebar in the desktop app and Web Player to go along with the recently released "Your Library" sidebar. The Now Playing View in the right sidebar shows the album art and info of the current song or pod...

• Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

New Your Library sidebar

Spotify is introducing a new Your Library sidebar in the desktop app and Web Player. The new Your Library sidebar is rolling out to all desktop users now, so you will be seeing it soon if you haven't already. The new Your Library sidebar improves nav...

Sidebar Tips.png Desktop Sidebar Compact View.png Compact Layout.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 3 likes

Solved!! Spotify free: Music stops on MAC

Edited: Thank you very much everyone for helping! Finally I managed to correct the error and the steps are those that DerpyNerd offered and highlighted as a solution. Hi! I have a MacBook Pro, and for a week now I have a problem with the desktop app....

• Casual Listener
  • bfteach
  • Regular
  • 19 replies
  • 1 likes
  • music stops
  • 19 replies
  • 1 likes

[Mac] Troubleshooting Spotify

Having trouble with Spotify on your Desktop app? Here’s what to try first. Search the Community Someone might have asked your question on the Community before. So type your issue into the search box and have a look. Tip: Don't forget to check our Spo...

• Spotify Legend
  • 0 replies
  • 34 likes
  • Mac
  • 0 replies
  • 34 likes

Superuser Contribution How can I consistently rate songs to improve recommendation?

PremiumCanadaMacBook PromacOS 10 I am on my trial period for Premium. I am trying Spotify because of the reputation for giving good song recommendations. There is either an inconsistency or there is something I am doing wrong that someone can correct...

• Visitor
  • Premium Canada MacBook Pro macOS 10   I am on my trial period for Premium. I am trying Spotify because of the reputation for giving good song recommendations.    There is either...
  • rupert1020
  • Music Fan
  • 4 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 1 likes

Play/Pause keys not working on Mac

A brief description of the issue: After using youtube in any capacity, play/pause key ceases to function in Spotify without closing chromeSteps to reproduce the issue:Open Spotify and ChromeStart a playlistPlay and pause a youtube videoWhat steps you...

• Casual Listener
  • A brief description of the issue: After using youtube in any capacity, play/pause key ceases to function in Spotify without closing chrome Steps to reproduce the issue: Open Spotify and Chrome Sta...
  • marcaevans
  • Composer
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • macbook pro
    media keys
    Premium
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Some songs won't play

PlanPremiumPortugal DeviceMacbook Pro late 2012Operating SystemMacOS Mojave Sometimes I try to play songs and they won't play. The progress bar is there, I can "pause" the song but it's not playing anything. Plus, the artwork is black and has no info...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Portugal   Device Macbook Pro late 2012 Operating System MacOS Mojave   Sometimes I try to play songs and they won't play. The progress bar is there, I can "pause" the...
  • marcaevans
  • Composer
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

Connected to a device will switch during song

Hello! I've been having spotify issues for quite some time. It will log me out of my iPhone device, it will also switch songs/devices when I'm using my desktop with my Mac. How do I resolve this? Thanks

• Hello! I've been having spotify issues for quite some time. It will log me out of my iPhone device, it will also switch songs/devices when I'm using my desktop with my Mac. How do I resolve this? &n...
  • Bittencourt
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Cleared caches in attempt to fix Spotify issue and lost all songs that aren't local files

PlanFreeCountryCanadaDeviceMacBook Air My Question or IssueMy spotify was not letting me play certain artists so I was told to clear caches and redownload spotify. When I did this I lost all my songs on my playlists that weren't local files along wit...

• Visitor
  • Plan Free Country Canada Device MacBook Air   My Question or Issue My spotify was not letting me play certain artists so I was told to clear caches and redownload spotify. When I did thi...
  • Nico
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

search Artist - find artist - but where are the albums ?

Hey All, this has me stoked. Scenario: Search for Spin Doctors >> result list of albums they are featured on and about three other totally useless lists but NO artist albums ... this is really pissing me off ,.. bring it back for j sake ..

• Music Fan
  • Hey All, this has me stoked.   Scenario: Search for Spin Doctors >> result list of albums they are featured on and about three other totally useless lists but NO artist albums ... this i...
  • rupert1020
  • Music Fan
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

[Desktop] Should I give up paying for Premium? Desktop app keeps stoping !!

I'm on High Sierra (10.13.6) and all software is up to date. Spotify works fine, but, when I am away from the computer but still would like to listen to some music, it stops. Time varies, between 15 to 20 minutes. Sometimes I find the "Cannot play cu...

• Casual Listener
  • I'm on High Sierra (10.13.6) and all software is up to date. Spotify works fine, but, when I am away from the computer but still would like to listen to some music, it stops. Time varies, between 15 ...
  • Loxer
  • Community Legend
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Artists Missing from Artist Section

PlanPremiumCountryUSAOperating SystemiOS 10.13.6 My Question or IssueSince the most recent update, the artist tab in my library is empty. I still have all of my saved music in albums, but this is a far less convenient way to search my music. Is anyon...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country USA Operating System iOS 10.13.6   My Question or Issue Since the most recent update, the artist tab in my library is empty. I still have all of my saved music in al...
  • Peter
  • Spotify Legend
  • 5 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 5 replies
  • 3 likes

Superuser Contribution in the last two weeks spotify quits every time after 2-5 minutes

Planfamily PremiumCountryusDevice Macbook Pro late 2016Operating System10.12.6My Question or Issuein the last two weeks spotify started to quit after 2-5 minutes, it just get close with no messege or crash reporti reinstalld the latest versiondelete ...

• Plan family Premium Country us Device  Macbook Pro late 2016 Operating System 10.12.6 My Question or Issue in the last two weeks spotify started to quit after 2-5 minutes, it just get c...
  • Guido
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Can't find "My Songs" in Spotify for desktop

PlanPremiumCountryMéxicoDeviceiPhone 8, MAC Operating SystemiOS 10 My Question or IssueI've been having problems with Spotify Desktop for Mac, I haven't been able to hear to my song due to the fact I can't find them. When I enter to "My Songs" they a...

• Visitor
  • Plan Premium Country México Device iPhone 8, MAC  Operating System iOS 10   My Question or Issue I've been having problems with Spotify Desktop for Mac, I haven't been able to hea...
  • Loxer
  • Community Legend
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • can't find my songs
    Mac
    my songs
    spotify for desktop
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify crashing before I can even play a song

PlanPremiumCountryArgentinaDeviceMacbook Pro 2018 13-inchOperating SystemMacOS Mojave 10.14.3 My Question or IssueThe app crashes 5 seconds after it's launched. Things i've tried:1. Reinstalling the app completely2. Disabling Hardware acceleration3. ...

• Plan Premium Country Argentina Device Macbook Pro 2018 13-inch Operating System MacOS Mojave 10.14.3   My Question or Issue The app crashes 5 seconds after it's launched.   ...
  • Loxer
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • MacOS Mojave 10.14.3
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Unknown Kitchen Speaker shows up in Spotify Connect

I launched spotify on my macbook, I'm currently home where my only device is this laptop and my iPhone, suddenly my music stopped working at it's showin the green bar at the bottom with the text: Listening on Kitchen Speaker. I don't even have kitche...

• Visitor
  • I launched spotify on my macbook, I'm currently home where my only device is this laptop and my iPhone, suddenly my music stopped working at it's showin the green bar at the bottom with the text: Lis...
  • Loxer
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

Solved!! All songs stop playing after a few seconds in MacOs

I've been using spotify for Windows and Android for a while and everything worked almost perfectly, but recently i got a new Mac computer and one of the first things i did was to download spotify app, and since day one its one problem after the other...

• Casual Listener
  • I've been using spotify for Windows and Android for a while and everything worked almost perfectly, but recently i got a new Mac computer and one of the first things i did was to download spotify app...
  • gjhellmund
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Mac
    macbook
    macOS
    Venezuela
    VPN
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Oops something went wrong

I'm using a MacBook Pro (15-inch, 2018), ios version 10.14.3, web application on chrome. Every time i try and go to the home tab I get the error: 'oops something went wrong. reload'. Tried closing the tab and opening it again without success, clearin...

• I'm using a MacBook Pro (15-inch, 2018), ios version 10.14.3, web application on chrome.   Every time i try and go to the home tab I get the error: 'oops something went wrong. reload...
  • marcaevans
  • Composer
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify: why am I constantly failing your CAPTCHA tests

An issue with the forums. I am using my macbook. It usually takes several tries for me to pass the captcha! I swear on my life that I am a human and not a robot. Is this a bug? Or do I really act that much like a bot?

• Visitor
  •     An issue with the forums. I am using my macbook. It usually takes several tries for me to pass the captcha! I swear on my life that I am a human and not a robot. Is this a bug? Or do ...
  • marcaevans
  • Composer
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Can't change the playlist image.

PlanPremiumCountry DeviceMacbook Air Early 2015Operating SystemMac OS Mojave 10.14.2 My Question or Issue I can't change the image of my playlist on my spotify app. Here is the image i want to upload. I made it myself so there is no possibilites for ...

• Visitor
  • Plan Premium Country   Device Macbook Air Early 2015 Operating System Mac OS Mojave 10.14.2   My Question or Issue   I can't change the image of my playlist on my spotify ap...
  • marcaevans
  • Composer
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

How to play full Album in order ?

All I want to do is to play an album by Angus and Julia Stone (Memories of an old friend) from the first to the last song, in order. When I press the "PLAY" button next to the album cover image the Spotify app plays the first song from the Angus & Ju...

• Music Fan
  • All I want to do is to play an album by Angus and Julia Stone (Memories of an old friend) from the first to the last song, in order. When I press the "PLAY" button next to the album cover image the S...
  • rupert1020
  • Music Fan
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Desktop App (Mac) loads but no music is available

PlanPremiumCountryUSA DeviceMacbook Pro 2018)Operating System10.13.6 High Sierra My Question or IssueI use spotify at work and prefer to use the desktop app over the web client. I did not have the ability to use the mac app until I realized I could a...

Screen Shot 2019-03-15 at 1.30.02 PM.png Screen Shot 2019-03-15 at 1.56.33 PM.png
  • Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country USA   Device Macbook Pro 2018) Operating System 10.13.6 High Sierra   My Question or Issue I use spotify at work and prefer to use the desktop app over the w...
  • Scevey
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Friend Feed not loading (MacBook)

PlanPremiumCountrySwitzerlandDeviceMacBook Pro (13-inch, 2018, Four Thunderbolt 3 Ports)Operating SystemiOS 10.14.3 My Question or IssueSo I am following my friends via Spotify and they can see my activity but I can't see theirs. I already acivated t...

• Visitor
  • Plan Premium Country Switzerland Device MacBook Pro (13-inch, 2018, Four Thunderbolt 3 Ports) Operating System iOS 10.14.3   My Question or Issue So I am following my friends via Spoti...
  • Guido
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

Superuser Contribution Can't play any music

I'm using spotify on my windows10 Laptop and it can't play any music or find any music. I already tried to reinstall but it didn't help. The webPlayer finds and can show music but won't play anything either. PlanFreeCountryGermanyDeviceWindows 10

• Casual Listener
  • I'm using spotify on my windows10 Laptop and it can't play any music or find any music. I already tried to reinstall but it didn't help. The webPlayer finds and can show music but won't play anything...
  • Guido
  • Spotify Legend
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes