Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Desktop (Mac)

Discuss Spotify for Mac

Start a topic

Forum Posts

Jam now available on Desktop

Spotify is bringing Jam to the desktop app! 拾 ️ Now you can start or join a listening party with your friends, family, colleagues, and classmates, with the Spotify desktop app in addition to the mobile app. Although you can listen on your own, Jam in...

Start Jam Menu - Desktop App.png Queue Right Sidebar.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

New "Now Playing View" sidebar

Spotify is introducing a new "Now Playing View" sidebar in the desktop app and Web Player to go along with the recently released "Your Library" sidebar. The Now Playing View in the right sidebar shows the album art and info of the current song or pod...

• Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

New Your Library sidebar

Spotify is introducing a new Your Library sidebar in the desktop app and Web Player. The new Your Library sidebar is rolling out to all desktop users now, so you will be seeing it soon if you haven't already. The new Your Library sidebar improves nav...

Sidebar Tips.png Desktop Sidebar Compact View.png Compact Layout.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 3 likes

Solved!! Spotify free: Music stops on MAC

Edited: Thank you very much everyone for helping! Finally I managed to correct the error and the steps are those that DerpyNerd offered and highlighted as a solution. Hi! I have a MacBook Pro, and for a week now I have a problem with the desktop app....

• Casual Listener
  • bfteach
  • Regular
  • 19 replies
  • 1 likes
  • music stops
  • 19 replies
  • 1 likes

[Mac] Troubleshooting Spotify

Having trouble with Spotify on your Desktop app? Here’s what to try first. Search the Community Someone might have asked your question on the Community before. So type your issue into the search box and have a look. Tip: Don't forget to check our Spo...

• Spotify Legend
  • 0 replies
  • 35 likes
  • Mac
  • 0 replies
  • 35 likes

Bose SoundTouch unable to repeat 1

PlanPremiumCountryUS Device(iPhone 7+Operating Systemios My Question or Issuewhile playing through my Bose SoundTouch speaker I am unable to “repeat 1”. If I am playing directly through the iPhone this is not an issue.

•   Plan Premium Country US   Device (iPhone 7+ Operating System ios    My Question or Issue while playing through my Bose SoundTouch speaker I am unable to “repeat 1”. ...
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes
  • Bose
    Bose SoundTouch Spotify Connect
    Repeat-One
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes

App keeps going offline

Plan - PremiumCountry - US DeviceMacbook AirOperating SystemMojave My Question or IssueSpotify app keeps going offline for no reason. No issues with my WiFi

•     Plan - Premium Country - US   Device Macbook Air Operating System Mojave  My Question or Issue Spotify app keeps going offline for no reason. No issues with my ...
  • AcousticGrover
  • Gig Goer
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution All playlists with auto-generated titles have a "2" at the end

As title says, even though I have no existing playlists with those titles, if I make a playlist by adding a track to a "New Playlist" it will get an appropriate title with a 2 on the end, even though I have no other playlists with that title. I assum...

• Visitor
  • As title says, even though I have no existing playlists with those titles, if I make a playlist by adding a track to a "New Playlist" it will get an appropriate title with a 2 on the end, even though...
  • user-removed
  • Not applicable
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! playlist not in sync

PlanPremiumCountry: Netherlands DeviceIphone 7Operating System: iOS 12.1.4 My Question or IssueSo I put my playlist in 'recently added' but it isn't in sync with the same playlist on my mac

•   Plan Premium Country: Netherlands   Device Iphone 7 Operating System: iOS 12.1.4     My Question or Issue So I put my playlist in 'recently added' but it isn't in syn...
  • Bittencourt
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Album art not visible on mac desktop APP

Album art is not working on my mac desktop app, it works if i switch the desktop user to another.

• Album art is not working on my mac desktop app, it works if i switch the desktop user to another.
  • Bethany_Dawn
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!!Superuser Contribution Can't find a bunch of music

Hey guys, today I created a Spotify Free account with the intention to upgrade to Premium very soon, but before that, I wanted to move all of my music from Apple Music, so I started looking up each individual album. Over HALF the songs (about 30-ish)...

• Visitor
  •     Hey guys, today I created a Spotify Free account with the intention to upgrade to Premium very soon, but before that, I wanted to move all of my music from Apple Music, so I started l...
  • Peter
  • Spotify Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Username Numbers

PlanPremium My Question or IssueMy username is displayed in numbers as I de-activated my facebook account. I recently re-activated my facebook account but the username is still being displayed as numbers. Any idea how to revert it back to my name?

• Casual Listener
  •   Plan Premium   My Question or Issue My username is displayed in numbers as I de-activated my facebook account. I recently re-activated my facebook account but the username is st...
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Daily Mixes, Friend Feed, Radio not working on desktop (mac)

None of these three things work, they're still visable but clicking them just brings me to an error page. I've tried clearing my cache and restarting my computer multiple times but neither works!

• None of these three things work, they're still visable but clicking them just brings me to an error page. I've tried clearing my cache and restarting my computer multiple times but neither works!&nbs...
  • Loxer
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Friend Activity Feed STILL BROKEN

Some friends activity is showing and some are not. I've tried restarting my computer. I've tried a clean install of Spotify. I've also tried the terminal command line update and every other possible option explained on the forums. Nothing is working....

• Casual Listener
  • Some friends activity is showing and some are not.   I've tried restarting my computer. I've tried a clean install of Spotify. I've also tried the terminal command line update and every o...
  • Loxer
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Re-naming a playlist in 2019?

Device(Iphone X Max and MacAir )Operating System(iOS ) My Question or IssueHello, I recently got Spotify Premium for my Iphone Xmax and my MacAir Laptop. I want to rename some of the playlists (both what I created and what Spotify created). I have se...

•     Device (Iphone X Max and MacAir ) Operating System (iOS )   My Question or Issue Hello,   I recently got Spotify Premium for my Iphone Xmax and my MacAir Laptop.&nbs...
  • Loxer
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Recommendations not updating

PlanPremiumCountryUSA DeviceiPhone 7, MacBook ProOperating SystemiOS 12, macOS High Sierra My Question or IssueMy Discover Weekly playlist still updates I think, but the "Top recommendations" and "Because you listened to..." haven't updated in more t...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country USA   Device iPhone 7, MacBook Pro Operating System iOS 12, macOS High Sierra   My Question or Issue My Discover Weekly playlist still updates I think, but t...
  • mcatm15
  • Casual Listener
  • 4 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 1 likes

Website Not Opening

Plan: FreeCountry: IndiaDevice: MacBook AirOperating System: macOS Sierra version 10.12.6 Hi, When I try opening the Spotify website on Chrome, I receive an error:This site can’t provide a secure connection [ERR_SSL_PROTOCOL_ERROR]. I have tried all ...

• Plan: Free Country: India Device: MacBook Air Operating System: macOS Sierra version 10.12.6    Hi,  When I try opening the Spotify website on Chrome, I recei...
  • Loxer
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

[All Platforms] Updating Spotify Loses Playback State

PlanPremiumCountryCanada / Japan DeviceMacBook Pro (late 2013)Operating SystemmacOS Mojave (10.14.3) My Question or IssueSpotify used to retain the playback state. It offers this nice juicy "Update" button, but now it completely forgets the whole pla...

• Plan Premium Country Canada / Japan   Device MacBook Pro (late 2013) Operating System macOS Mojave (10.14.3)   My Question or Issue Spotify used to retain the playback st...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Can't play some certain songs on Mac

Plan: PremiumCountry: Taiwan Device: MacBook Air 2018Operating System: MacOS Mojave 10.14.3 My Question or Issue:Most songs are able to be played on my MacBook, but there are some certain songs, no matter how many times I tried, cannot be played on i...

•   Plan: Premium Country: Taiwan   Device: MacBook Air 2018 Operating System: MacOS Mojave 10.14.3   My Question or Issue: Most songs are able to be played on my MacBo...
  • KostadinIvanov
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

Spotify closes in Macbook Air Mojave 10.14.3

Plan PremiumCountry Italy Device Macbook Air Early 2014Operating System Mojave 10.14.3 My Question or IssueSince yesterday Spotify started to close after I used the Activity Manager to close forcedly certain processes (like Spotify and Spotify Helper...

• Plan Premium Country Italy  Device Macbook Air Early 2014 Operating System Mojave 10.14.3   My Question or Issue Since yesterday Spotify started to close&nbsp...
  • BikerChuck
  • Music Fan
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

Radio start after any song from my playlist

Plan:PremiumCountry:Poland DeviceMacbook Pro 2017Operating SystemOS X Radio starts to play after any song from a playlist ends.Autoplay is turned off. Please help.

•     Plan: Premium Country: Poland   Device Macbook Pro 2017 Operating System OS X   Radio starts to play after any song from a playlist ends. Autoplay is turned off. ...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Radio
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Playback skips when running in background

PlanPremiumCountry USADeviceMacbook early 2016Operating SystemMac OS 10.14 My Question or IssueSpotify playback skips when running in the background. When I switch back to Spotify app, playback resumes smoothly.

•   Plan Premium Country  USA Device Macbook early 2016 Operating System Mac OS 10.14   My Question or Issue Spotify playback skips when running in the background. When I...
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes

Account still free instead of premium

PlanPremiumCountryTurkey DeviceiPhone 7Operating System(iOS 10 My Question or Issue Although i have paid my money, my account is still free instead of premium I am waiting for your help

• Plan Premium Country Turkey   Device iPhone 7 Operating System (iOS 10   My Question or Issue   Although i have paid my money, my account is still free instead of prem...
  • Loxer
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Cannot see other sections until scrolling to the bottom of all albums?

PlanPremium CountryUS PlatformMac, and also web player My Issue In an Artist's page, under the "Album" section header, unless I keep scrolling until all the albums are loaded, I can't view the next sections such as "Singles and EPs", "Compilations" o...

• Plan Premium   Country US   Platform Mac, and also web player   My Issue   In an Artist's page, under the "Album" section header, unless I keep scrolling until all the ...
  • Loxer
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Spotify can't play this song right now

Plan: PremiumCountry: U.S. Device: Macbook Air 2016Operating System: MacOS Sierra I am trying to play a handful of songs, but they are balcked out on spotify and when I go to try and play them, I get the message "Spotify can't play this song right no...

• Regular
  • Plan: Premium Country: U.S.   Device: Macbook Air 2016 Operating System: MacOS Sierra    I am trying to play a handful of songs, but they are balcked out on spotify and when...
  • swall
  • Regular
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes