Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Desktop (Mac)

Discuss Spotify for Mac

Start a topic

Forum Posts

Jam now available on Desktop

Spotify is bringing Jam to the desktop app! 拾 ️ Now you can start or join a listening party with your friends, family, colleagues, and classmates, with the Spotify desktop app in addition to the mobile app. Although you can listen on your own, Jam in...

Start Jam Menu - Desktop App.png Queue Right Sidebar.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

New "Now Playing View" sidebar

Spotify is introducing a new "Now Playing View" sidebar in the desktop app and Web Player to go along with the recently released "Your Library" sidebar. The Now Playing View in the right sidebar shows the album art and info of the current song or pod...

• Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

New Your Library sidebar

Spotify is introducing a new Your Library sidebar in the desktop app and Web Player. The new Your Library sidebar is rolling out to all desktop users now, so you will be seeing it soon if you haven't already. The new Your Library sidebar improves nav...

Sidebar Tips.png Desktop Sidebar Compact View.png Compact Layout.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 3 likes

Solved!! Spotify free: Music stops on MAC

Edited: Thank you very much everyone for helping! Finally I managed to correct the error and the steps are those that DerpyNerd offered and highlighted as a solution. Hi! I have a MacBook Pro, and for a week now I have a problem with the desktop app....

• Casual Listener
  • bfteach
  • Regular
  • 19 replies
  • 1 likes
  • music stops
  • 19 replies
  • 1 likes

[Mac] Troubleshooting Spotify

Having trouble with Spotify on your Desktop app? Here’s what to try first. Search the Community Someone might have asked your question on the Community before. So type your issue into the search box and have a look. Tip: Don't forget to check our Spo...

• Spotify Legend
  • 0 replies
  • 34 likes
  • Mac
  • 0 replies
  • 34 likes

Superuser Contribution Webplayer broken

Country NLDevice(webbrowser, Chrome)Operating System(Windows 10,etc.) My Question or Issue I'm getting a blanc screen when I hit play.no problem browsing. Play just doesn't work

chrome_2019-02-12_19-32-21.png
  • Regular
  •   Country  NL Device (webbrowser, Chrome) Operating System (Windows 10,etc.)   My Question or Issue  I'm getting a blanc screen when I hit play. no problem browsing....
  • Peter
  • Spotify Legend
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution How to play Spotify HomePod paired speakers on Mac

PlanPremiumCountryUSA Device(iMac late 2017)Operating System(iOS 10.14.3) My Question or Issue I cannot play Spotify on my paired Apple Homepods. It only allows me to play on one speaker at a time. However, I am able to play both Homepods from my iPh...

•   Plan Premium Country USA   Device (iMac late 2017) Operating System (iOS 10.14.3)   My Question or Issue   I cannot play Spotify on my paired Apple Homepods.  ...
  • Peter
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

Superuser Contribution Cannot view all discover weekly songs

Account type: PremiumDevice: MacBook Pro, 10.12.6 OSXSpotify app: 1.1.0.237.g378f6f25 Issue:I can't see my whole discover weekly playlist on the Mac desktop app. Sometimes it's 2 songs, this week it's 6. On the web player and on my iPhone app I can s...

• Casual Listener
  • Account type: Premium Device: MacBook Pro, 10.12.6 OSX Spotify app: 1.1.0.237.g378f6f25   Issue: I can't see my whole discover weekly playlist on the Mac desktop app. Sometimes it's 2 ...
  • Peter
  • Spotify Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Local files list is empty after update on 13th Feb 2019 - no iTunes songs showing anymore

PlanPremiumCountryUK DeviceMacbook Pro late 2012Operating SystemMojave 10.14.3 - all updates appliedLatest Spotify 1.1.0.237.g378f6f25,Latest iTunes 12.9.2.5 My Question or Issuedid some recent software / OS updates Local files in Spotify is showing ...

• Regular
  • Plan Premium Country UK   Device Macbook Pro late 2012 Operating System Mojave 10.14.3 - all updates applied Latest Spotify 1.1.0.237.g378f6f25, Latest iTunes 12.9.2.5     ...
  • Guido
  • Spotify Legend
  • 9 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 9 replies
  • 1 likes

Cannot start Spotify app

PlanPremiumCountry DeviceMacBook Pro 13 Late 2013Operating System10.14.3 My Question or IssueAfter updating to 10.14.3, I was unable to start the Spotify app anymore. Nothing happens onscreen when starting the app. I've tried a clean uninstall(using ...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country   Device MacBook Pro 13 Late 2013 Operating System 10.14.3   My Question or Issue After updating to 10.14.3, I was unable to start the Spotify app anymore. No...
  • ohmac
  • Casual Listener
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Discover Weekly Removes Queue Songs

When I listen to the "Your Discover Weekly" and I press "I don't like this song", Spotify does not move the next song in the "Your Discover Weekly" section. Instead, Spotify starts to play my Queue. When I realise Spotify has jumped to the incorrect ...

• Gig Goer
  • When I listen to the "Your Discover Weekly" and I press "I don't like this song", Spotify does not move the next song in the "Your Discover Weekly" section. Instead, Spotify starts to play my Queue. ...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Discoverweekly
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Loading issues with desktop app

PlanPremiumCountryUS DeviceiMacOperating SystemMacOS High Sierra 10.13.4 My Question or IssueI have been having ongoing loading issues with the desktop app for some time now. At best, it is extremely slow to load anytime I click a link, album or play...

spotify-blank.png spotify-dailymix.png
  • Regular
  • Plan Premium Country US  Device iMac Operating System MacOS High Sierra 10.13.4   My Question or Issue I have been having ongoing loading issues with the desktop app for some time...
  • ericamklein
  • Regular
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Friends list not showing

My list of friends at the sidebar isn't showing. it was working just fine yesterday and the majority of my friends went missing from the feature today. I've deleted and reinstalled the app, unfollow quit the app and followed again but nothing seems t...

• Casual Listener
  • My list of friends at the sidebar isn't showing. it was working just fine yesterday and the majority of my friends went missing from the feature today.  I've deleted and reinstalled the app, un...
  • Guido
  • Spotify Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 4 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 4 likes

Superuser Contribution We're not able to play this video in your country, so we STOP the whole playlist.

Hello!For quite a long time, I ran into a bug and decided to write about it.Recently, some spotify playlists start with an embed video (probably these are music videos). But 99% of these videos are not available for playback in my country.The problem...

• Hello! For quite a long time, I ran into a bug and decided to write about it. Recently, some spotify playlists start with an embed video (probably these are music videos). But 99% of these&nbsp...
  • Guido
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Unable to play songs

Plan- PremiumCountry- BelgiumDevice- Macbook Pro mid 2015Operating System- macOS Mojave: 10.14.3 Brief description of the issue:- Unable to play songsSteps to reproduce the issue:Open SpotifyTry to play songWhat steps you’ve tried already:- Different...

• Plan - Premium Country - Belgium Device - Macbook Pro mid 2015 Operating System - macOS Mojave: 10.14.3   Brief description of the issue: - Unable to play songs Steps to reproduce...
  • Mantisentil
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Theirs no music on my spotify

PlanPremiumUK Device(Macbook Pro late 2015)Operating System(macOS Mojave) My Question or Issuei cant play any music on spotify, so i uninstalled and reinstalled my spotify now all my music from my playlist is gone and i cant play anything (stream or ...

• Plan Premium UK   Device (Macbook Pro late 2015) Operating System (macOS Mojave)   My Question or Issue i cant play any music on spotify, so i uninstalled and reinstalled my spoti...
  • Mantisentil
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 2 likes

Saved music not showing in "Albums"

PlanPremiumCountryJust moved from the US to JP My Question or Issue So I've been using Spotify daily for about 2 years now, and I like using the "Albums" section of my library whenever I'm listening to music, creating playlists, etc. This is because ...

• Plan Premium Country Just moved from the US to JP   My Question or Issue   So I've been using Spotify daily for about 2 years now, and I like using the "Albums" section of my library...
  • Mantisentil
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Albums
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

My old password shows instead of my username on the top right

Plan: PremiumCountry: Australia Operating SystemMac OS High Sierra MacBook Air My Question or IssueHello, so since I've made my account my password has been showing up on the top right of my screen where the username should be. I don't like this as I...

• Plan: Premium Country: Australia   Operating System Mac OS High Sierra MacBook Air   My Question or Issue Hello, so since I've made my account my password has been showing up on...
  • Mantisentil
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Most of my albums are now empty, despite being available when I click on 'View full album'

Premium planLithuania DeviceMacbook Pro 2018macOS 10.14.3 and iOS 12.1.4 Hello, a week or two ago I ran into a problem which now has rendered most of my library useless. I listen to albums exclusively, so every album in my Album Library is supposed t...

• Premium plan Lithuania   Device Macbook Pro 2018 macOS 10.14.3 and iOS 12.1.4   Hello,   a week or two ago I ran into a problem which now has rendered most of my library usel...
  • Mantisentil
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Friend Feed Not Working

So on my Mac Book Pro (everything is up to date to include spotify) im having the issue where my friend feed just says "see what your friends are playing" "find friends". It is worth mentioning i do not have my facebook attached and never had it atta...

• Casual Listener
  • So on my Mac Book Pro (everything is up to date to include spotify) im having the issue where my friend feed just says "see what your friends are playing" "find friends". It is worth mentioning i do ...
  • Mantisentil
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 3 likes

Facebook Friends Connection Error

Plan: FreeCountry: United States Device: MacBook Pro 2018 My Question or Issue: I signed up to spotify using my facebook account. When I click "Find Friends" on the right sidebar, it will only show the buffering icon. ===============I have tried dele...

• Plan: Free Country: United States   Device:   MacBook Pro 2018   My Question or Issue:   I signed up to spotify using my facebook account.  When I click "Find F...
  • Mantisentil
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!!Superuser Contribution A few problems and missing features

My Question or IssueI'm a long time premium user on mac and iphone. Generally I love the service, but there are some significant issues that do make me sometimes wonder about other services. I've looked for a feedback forum, but don't see where to po...

• Music Fan
  •     My Question or Issue I'm a long time premium user on mac and iphone.   Generally I love the service, but there are some significant issues that do make me sometimes wonder abo...
  • Jemi
  • Spotify Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Radio failed to load and cover art not showing

I'm using spotify premium on my macbook air (macos mojave). My problem is that the cover arts are not showing for playlists, artists or albums at all. Only those of Daily Mixes are showing. The radio is also not working as it would just say failed to...

•   I'm using spotify premium on my macbook air (macos mojave).   My problem is that the cover arts are not showing for playlists, artists or albums at all. Only those of Daily Mixes are s...
  • Bittencourt
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify connected to unkown device

My account has somehow connected to an unknown device (screenshot attached). The Chrome webplayer is not my device as I play my music either on the Mac Desktop App or my iOS App. I tried logging out of everywhere and logging back in, but the issue pe...

Screenshot 2019-02-18 at 17.25.44.png
  • My account has somehow connected to an unknown device (screenshot attached). The Chrome webplayer is not my device as I play my music either on the Mac Desktop App or my iOS App. I tried logging out ...
  • Bittencourt
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Spotify isn't playing certain songs and albums

PlanPremiumDeviceMacbook Pro 2017Operating SystemiOS 10.14.2 My Question or Issue Every playlist created by spotify and saved album I've tried have worked so far, but some albums (for example Midnight by Set it off) and songs (for example Robin Hood ...

Screenshot 2019-02-03 at 16.38.18.png
  • Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Device Macbook Pro 2017 Operating System iOS 10.14.2   My Question or Issue  Every playlist created by spotify and saved album I've tried have worked so far, but some a...
  • kononeko_a
  • Casual Listener
  • 7 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 7 replies
  • 1 likes