Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Desktop (Mac)

Discuss Spotify for Mac

Start a topic

Forum Posts

Jam now available on Desktop

Spotify is bringing Jam to the desktop app! 拾 ️ Now you can start or join a listening party with your friends, family, colleagues, and classmates, with the Spotify desktop app in addition to the mobile app. Although you can listen on your own, Jam in...

Start Jam Menu - Desktop App.png Queue Right Sidebar.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

New "Now Playing View" sidebar

Spotify is introducing a new "Now Playing View" sidebar in the desktop app and Web Player to go along with the recently released "Your Library" sidebar. The Now Playing View in the right sidebar shows the album art and info of the current song or pod...

• Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

New Your Library sidebar

Spotify is introducing a new Your Library sidebar in the desktop app and Web Player. The new Your Library sidebar is rolling out to all desktop users now, so you will be seeing it soon if you haven't already. The new Your Library sidebar improves nav...

Sidebar Tips.png Desktop Sidebar Compact View.png Compact Layout.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 3 likes

Solved!! Spotify free: Music stops on MAC

Edited: Thank you very much everyone for helping! Finally I managed to correct the error and the steps are those that DerpyNerd offered and highlighted as a solution. Hi! I have a MacBook Pro, and for a week now I have a problem with the desktop app....

• Casual Listener
  • bfteach
  • Regular
  • 19 replies
  • 1 likes
  • music stops
  • 19 replies
  • 1 likes

[Mac] Troubleshooting Spotify

Having trouble with Spotify on your Desktop app? Here’s what to try first. Search the Community Someone might have asked your question on the Community before. So type your issue into the search box and have a look. Tip: Don't forget to check our Spo...

• Spotify Legend
  • 0 replies
  • 34 likes
  • Mac
  • 0 replies
  • 34 likes

Solved!! I can't upload a cover image for my playlists

My Question or IssueI have a MacBook Pro without a touch bar and Spotify won't let me upload images that are under 300 x 300. I have found heaps of photos above that measurement, but it still doesn't work. I've had Spotify for 3 years now, and on 3 d...

•   My Question or Issue I have a MacBook Pro without a touch bar and Spotify won't let me upload images that are under 300 x 300. I have found heaps of photos above that measurement, but it sti...
  • merlijnv2000
  • Composer
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Song not playing

Hi team, the following song is not playing on mac Desktop or Mobile app (ios) spotify:track:5NPadEsM9AGcDhk4QW6cUv All other songs in that artists album play back ok. Only the desktop app reports an error message.

• Casual Listener
  •   Hi team,   the following song is not playing on mac Desktop or Mobile app (ios)   spotify:track:5NPadEsM9AGcDhk4QW6cUv   All other songs in that artists album play back o...
  • matthiaszed
  • Casual Listener
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

[Desktop][Other] Fix the date shown on the podcast list

On the podcast lists, when you see all the podcasts the date gets cropped out, which doesn't allow me to see wich year was the podcast posted. It happen on PT-BR language, not sure if it happens on other languages as well.

• On the podcast lists, when you see all the podcasts the date gets cropped out, which doesn't allow me to see wich year was the podcast posted. It happen on PT-BR language, not sure if it happens on o...
  • 0 replies
  • 2 likes
  • Desktop
    Other
  • 0 replies
  • 2 likes

Song Grayed Out For No Reason, Despite Working Earlier

The past couple of days I've had Mariya Takeuchi's Plastic Love on repeat, or "Playing Games" by Miki J as Spotify lists it for some reason, and It's been working fine. But just now, the song grayed out and became unavailable for whatever reason, eve...

• Casual Listener
  • The past couple of days I've had Mariya Takeuchi's Plastic Love on repeat, or "Playing Games" by Miki J as Spotify lists it for some reason, and It's been working fine. But just now, the song grayed ...
  • Bittencourt
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Genre and mood artwork not showing

The Artwork on my computer is not showing up for genres/moods/playlists. It is not enjoyable to use this service without the graphics. Premium UK Device Mac Pro My Question or Issue

•   The Artwork on my computer is not showing up for genres/moods/playlists. It is not enjoyable to use this service without the graphics.  Premium  UK   Device Mac Pro &n...
  • Bittencourt
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! [Desktop] Can't play the current song

PlanPremium CountryUS DeviceMacbook Pro 2017 My Question or Issue Hi guys, like many others. I've gotten the notorious "Can't play the current song" message. I have tried reinstalling, turning off hardware acceleration, turning it back on. Etc you na...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium   Country US   Device Macbook Pro 2017     My Question or Issue  Hi guys, like many others. I've gotten the notorious "Can't play the current song" me...
  • JThanos
  • Regular
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

how to unblock a song

My Question or Issue How do you unblock a song that you blocked by mistake. This is extremely annoying. I picked up my device and my thumb hit that stupid block button by mistake now I cannot get back one of my favorite songs. Please fix this! I don'...

• Casual Listener
  •     My Question or Issue   How do you unblock a song that you blocked by mistake.  This is extremely annoying.  I picked up my device and my thumb hit that stupid block b...
  • Aquipjoe
  • Casual Listener
  • 3 replies
  • 15 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 15 likes

New playlists/folders disappear after a few seconds

PlanPremiumCountryBelgiumDeviceMacbook Pro Mid 2012 - iPhone 6S PlusOperating SystemMojave 10.14.2 - iOS 12.1.4Spotify Desktop 1.0.99.250.g936eab8d My Question or IssueSince a few days, I cannot create new playlists or folders anymore. In fact, I can...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country Belgium Device Macbook Pro Mid 2012 - iPhone 6S Plus Operating System Mojave 10.14.2 - iOS 12.1.4 Spotify Desktop 1.0.99.250.g936eab8d   My Question or Issue ...
  • phouba
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Current Song Album Art Missing

PlanPremiumCountry United StatesDeviceMacbook Pro 2018Operating SystemOS Mojave My Question or IssueThe album art of the current playing song would be in the bottom left hand corner, in the space between the playlists and the song title, is no longer...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country  United States Device Macbook Pro 2018 Operating System OS Mojave   My Question or Issue The album art of the current playing song would be in the bottom...
  • Corymichaelx
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Songs added "in 18 years" ??

My Spotify on my desktop is telling me that any song I add on my computer will be added in 18 years? Not sure why but it's kinda messing up my playlist order. If I add something from my phone it's fine, just not from my computer. Not sure what is goi...

• My Spotify on my desktop is telling me that any song I add on my computer will be added in 18 years? Not sure why but it's kinda messing up my playlist order. If I add something from my phone it's fi...
  • Loxer
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Current Song Album Art Missing

PlanPremiumCountry United StatesDeviceMacbook Pro 2018Operating SystemOS Mojave My Question or IssueThe album art of the current playing song would be in the bottom left hand corner, in the space between the playlists and the song title, is no longer...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country  United States Device Macbook Pro 2018 Operating System OS Mojave   My Question or Issue The album art of the current playing song would be in the bottom...
  • Loxer
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Please fix shuffle...

Plan: PremiumCountry: USA Device: Macbook Pro late 2017 I have thousands of song. I am a software engineer and listen to Spotify for something like 9-10 hours a day. Please fix your shuffle, it should work as advertised and intended. Playing the same...

• Plan: Premium Country: USA   Device: Macbook Pro late 2017     I have thousands of song. I am a software engineer and listen to Spotify for something like 9-10 ...
  • Mantisentil
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

New “Save to library” ‘heart’ icon; bottom of screen

Plan PremiumCountry U.S.DeviceiPadMy Question or Issue The “arrow” icon at the bottom of the screen which when selected shows the song time elapsed and fast-forward rewind options, has been replaced with a “Save to library” ‘heart’ icon on my ipads. ...

• Plan Premium Country U.S. Device iPad My Question or Issue   The “arrow” icon at the bottom of the screen which when selected shows the song time elapsed and fast-forward rewind o...
  • Eywa
  • Casual Listener
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

No more "check the updates" option in new macOS app

Hi.For the latest app version in macOS, "check the updates" option disappeared as you see on the screenshot below. Is this preparation for automatic background updates or a new bug ? Thanks.

Ekran Resmi 2019-02-06 12.58.05.png
  • Visitor
  •     Hi. For the latest app version in macOS, "check the updates" option disappeared as you see on the screenshot below. Is this preparation for automatic background updates or a new bug ...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Desktop
    Other
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Pause/Start Issuer

PlanPremiumCountryRomaniaDeviceMacBook ProOperating SystemMacOS 10.14.2 My Question or IssueI bought some wireless headphones(Jabra elite 45e) and i have the start/pause issue. I noticed that this is a common issue through the community and behaves s...

• Plan Premium Country Romania Device MacBook Pro Operating System MacOS 10.14.2   My Question or Issue I bought some wireless headphones(Jabra elite 45e) and i have the start/pause issu...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Podcast not found in search

Hello,I have recently submitted my Podcast (The Burn Up) and was previously able to find it when searching for the producer (Burn Up Media), but not when searching for it's title.Now that I have changed the producer (also to The Burn Up) I can no lon...

• Casual Listener
  •   Hello, I have recently submitted my Podcast (The Burn Up) and was previously able to find it when searching for the producer (Burn Up Media), but not when searching for it's title. Now that...
  • ardacebi
  • Composer
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • podcast
    Search
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Endless radio is not endless anymore

PlanPremiumCountryUS DeviceMacbook ProOperating SystemiOS 10 My Question or Issue I used to be able to right click on an artist, song, playlist, etc. and go to a radio station that loaded new songs indefinitely. Now when I do the same I get a "playli...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country US  Device Macbook Pro Operating System iOS 10   My Question or Issue  I used to be able to right click on an artist, song, playlist, etc. and go to a ra...
  • jdukatz
  • Casual Listener
  • 6 replies
  • 8 likes
  • 6 replies
  • 8 likes

Solved!! Remving from playlist

PlanPremiumCountryNetherlands DeviceiMac 2012Operating SystemHigh Sierra 10.13.6 My Question or IssueI have an issue removing songs from my playlist. When i remove the song it is gone from the playlist, but it still plays when i let spotify play the ...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country Netherlands  Device iMac 2012 Operating System High Sierra 10.13.6   My Question or Issue I have an issue removing songs from my playlist. When i remove the s...
  • willemvanarkel
  • Casual Listener
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Go to Playlist Radio function gone

This very useful feature:"You can also start Radio stations from elsewhere in the app. Just right-click a song, album, artist, or playlist, and select Go to (Song/Album/Artist/Playlist) Radio." The "Got to Playlist Radio" option is no longer there on...

• Casual Listener
  • This very useful feature: "You can also start Radio stations from elsewhere in the app. Just right-click a song, album, artist, or playlist, and select Go to (Song/Album/Artist/Playlist) Radio." &n...
  • Chanteur
  • Music Fan
  • 8 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 8 replies
  • 0 likes

Tracks disappearing from playlists

I have been compiling playlists of my best tracks for every year since my birth in 1961. However, I noticed that virtually all the tracks from my favourite band, Magazine, have disappeared. I assume that will have something to do with licensing. Shou...

• Regular
  •   I have been compiling playlists of my best tracks for every year since my birth in 1961.   However, I noticed that virtually all the tracks from my favourite band, Magazine, have disap...
  • Bittencourt
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes