Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Desktop (Mac)

Discuss Spotify for Mac

Start a topic

Forum Posts

Jam now available on Desktop

Spotify is bringing Jam to the desktop app! 拾 ️ Now you can start or join a listening party with your friends, family, colleagues, and classmates, with the Spotify desktop app in addition to the mobile app. Although you can listen on your own, Jam in...

Start Jam Menu - Desktop App.png Queue Right Sidebar.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

New "Now Playing View" sidebar

Spotify is introducing a new "Now Playing View" sidebar in the desktop app and Web Player to go along with the recently released "Your Library" sidebar. The Now Playing View in the right sidebar shows the album art and info of the current song or pod...

• Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

New Your Library sidebar

Spotify is introducing a new Your Library sidebar in the desktop app and Web Player. The new Your Library sidebar is rolling out to all desktop users now, so you will be seeing it soon if you haven't already. The new Your Library sidebar improves nav...

Sidebar Tips.png Desktop Sidebar Compact View.png Compact Layout.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 3 likes

Solved!! Spotify free: Music stops on MAC

Edited: Thank you very much everyone for helping! Finally I managed to correct the error and the steps are those that DerpyNerd offered and highlighted as a solution. Hi! I have a MacBook Pro, and for a week now I have a problem with the desktop app....

• Casual Listener
  • bfteach
  • Regular
  • 19 replies
  • 1 likes
  • music stops
  • 19 replies
  • 1 likes

[Mac] Troubleshooting Spotify

Having trouble with Spotify on your Desktop app? Here’s what to try first. Search the Community Someone might have asked your question on the Community before. So type your issue into the search box and have a look. Tip: Don't forget to check our Spo...

• Spotify Legend
  • 0 replies
  • 34 likes
  • Mac
  • 0 replies
  • 34 likes

Solved!! Spotify doesn't show the icons of playlists and artists

PlanPremiumCountry The NetherlandsDeviceMacbookOperating SystemiOS Mojave My Question or IssueI have this problem for a few months now. There are no images appear when I want to browser or search for related artists. It's getting annoying becuase non...

• Casual Listener
  •   Plan Premium Country  The Netherlands Device Macbook Operating System iOS Mojave   My Question or Issue I have this problem for a few months now. There are no images appea...
  • Loxer
  • Community Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! App shows blank screens, stops playing, has to be force quit

PlanFreeCountryGermany DeviceMac Mini (Late 2012)Operating SystemmacOS 10.14.1 My Question or Issue Spotify shows blank screens/infinite loaders after 2-3 navigations. The app then also stops playing any music or ad (if it has to do a network request...

• Regular
  • Plan Free Country Germany   Device Mac Mini (Late 2012) Operating System macOS 10.14.1   My Question or Issue  Spotify shows blank screens/infinite loaders after 2-3 navigat...
  • Loxer
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • blank screen
    Force Quit
    infinite loader
    macOS
    macOS X
    osx
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

"This site can’t provide a secure connection"

Hey guys, So Ive been tryingt to access the spotify homepage from the Chrome server, and no matter what way I try to access it, it keeps popping up with message:Any help with how to get rid of this would be greatly appreciated; I have already tried t...

Screen Shot 2018-12-06 at 20.19.16.png
  • Hey guys,   So Ive been tryingt to access the spotify homepage from the Chrome server, and no matter what way I try to access it, it keeps popping up with message: Any help with how to ge...
  • Loxer
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

I can't go to artist page

PlanFree/PremiumCountryEcuadorDeviceMacbook Pro mid 2010Operating SystemmasOS High Sierra My Question or IssueI recently formated my mac and when reinstalling spotify and my music, on my local files I don't get the link to head over to the artist pag...

• Plan Free/Premium Country Ecuador Device Macbook Pro mid  2010 Operating System masOS High Sierra    My Question or Issue I recently formated my mac and when reinstallin...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Friends List Will Not Load

PlanPremiumCountry United StatesDevice(Mac Book Air Late 2016)Operating System(Mojave) My Question or Issue I have been unable to access my Facebook Friends list in the Find Friends. I have done all of the work around previously suggested on other th...

• Plan Premium Country  United States Device (Mac Book Air Late 2016) Operating System (Mojave)   My Question or Issue  I have been unable to access my Facebook Friends list in...
  • 0 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 2 likes

MÚSICA **bleep**-PASSA SOZINHA

PlanFree/PremiumCountry BrazilDeviceMacbook AirOperating System(iOS) My Question or Issue Instelei o aplicativo no meu computador e as músicas passam sozinhas.Já desinstalei e reeinstalei e nada mudou. Alguém pode ajudar?

• Plan Free/Premium Country  Brazil Device Macbook Air Operating System (iOS)   My Question or Issue   Instelei o aplicativo no meu computador e as músicas passam sozinhas. J...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Cannot sort songs on individual artist pages in "Your Music" .

PlanPremiumCountrySweden Device(PC, Macbook Pro)Operating System(iOS 10, Windows 10,etc.) My Question or IssueI am unable to sort the individual artistpages under "Artist" in "Your Music". For some reason on my PC and my Macbook the songs are sorted ...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country Sweden  Device (PC, Macbook Pro) Operating System (iOS 10, Windows 10,etc.)   My Question or Issue I am unable to sort the individual artistpages under "Artis...
  • Peter
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution playlist: can't find my music in local files although on hd

PlanFreeCountryAustria DeviceMacbook Pro mid 2015Operating SystemMacOS 10.12.6 My Question or Issue playlist: can't find my music in local files although on hd

• Visitor
  • Plan Free Country Austria   Device Macbook Pro mid 2015 Operating System MacOS 10.12.6   My Question or Issue  playlist: can't find my music in local files although on hd
  • Peter
  • Spotify Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!!Superuser Contribution 'Podcasts' tab keeps disappearing off Mac Desktop app

I haven't been having a good time - recently I went to go to my 'Podcasts' tab on the which is usually on the left-hand side under 'Your Library' but it had disappeared. I uninstalled Spotify, reinstalled it then loaded the program - it was magically...

• Casual Listener
  • I haven't been having a good time - recently I went to go to my 'Podcasts' tab on the which is usually on the left-hand side under 'Your Library' but it had disappeared.   I uninstalled S...
  • Peter
  • Spotify Legend
  • 4 replies
  • 2 likes
  • Dissapearing
    podcast
  • 4 replies
  • 2 likes

Superuser Contribution Can't add multiple tracks to playlist... well most of the time

PremiumCountry USDeviceMy MacOperating System My Question or IssueOk, ive made tons of playlists on this computer in the past but this is the first time ive noticed this issue and its incredibly aggrivating, I select multiple tracks and go to drag th...

•   Premium Country  US Device My Mac Operating System     My Question or Issue Ok, ive made tons of playlists on this computer in the past but this is the first time ive ...
  • Peter
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Playlist doesn't work

PlanPremiumCountryItalyDeviceIphone XOperating SystemOSX 10.14 Mojave - IOS 12.1 My Question or IssueHello,Today Spotify's playlist doesn't work. If i listen a song, the next isn't a regular in the list on playlist select. Not even that in the genera...

• Plan Premium Country Italy Device Iphone X Operating System OSX 10.14 Mojave -  IOS 12.1   My Question or Issue Hello, Today Spotify's playlist doesn't work. If i listen a song, ...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Can't disable autoplay!

PlanPremiumCountry NetherlandsDevice(Macbook Pro late 2016 - touchbar)Operating System(MacOS Sierra) My Question or Issue I disabled "Autoplay" in my settings, yet this has no effect. It keeps playing random songs after my playlist ends. This is beco...

• Plan Premium Country  Netherlands Device (Macbook Pro late 2016 - touchbar) Operating System (MacOS Sierra)   My Question or Issue  I disabled "Autoplay" in my settings, yet ...
  • landonharris88
  • Composer
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Certain song won't play on either Macbook or iPhone

PlanPremiumCountry DenmarkDevice(iPhone 6, Macbook Air 2017)Operating System(iOS 12.1, macOS mojave 10.14) My Question or IssueI've never been able to play "Without Me" by Halsey on either iPhone or on my Macbook app. On my Macbook the error message ...

• Plan Premium Country  Denmark Device (iPhone 6, Macbook Air 2017) Operating System (iOS 12.1, macOS mojave 10.14)   My Question or Issue I've never been able to play "Wi...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • problem with playing
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Are these Spotify cache files?

Premium user here on a Macbook Air. Is anyone getting folders created in their music directory, that have two-character names? For several months now, I keep finding these random folders, and I keep deleting them. Are these created by spotify? How do...

• Roadie
  • Premium user here on a Macbook Air.   Is anyone getting folders created in their music directory, that have two-character names? For several months now, I keep finding these random folders, an...
  • Keanu_C
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Mac
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

how do you block artist on spotify?

MY INFO:Plan: PremiumCountry: UKDevice: iPhone 8 Plus & Mac ProOperating System: iOS 10.13 I was on twitter and the topic of not being able to block artists came up on my timeline (PIC 1). this is an opition i've always wanted, as there are so many a...

• Casual Listener
  • MY INFO: Plan: Premium Country: UK Device: iPhone 8 Plus & Mac Pro Operating System: iOS 10.13   I was on twitter and the topic of not being able to block artists came up on ...
  • Keanu_C
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify (old) Can't be Deleted

I've installed Spotify Desktop on my iMac for about two months. I've just updated the Spotify this morning. Then, I got Spotify (old) in Trash when the new-updated installer was running. I'm trying to delete it, but it always returns a pop up like th...

Screenshot 2018-12-03 at 11.29.53.png
  • I've installed Spotify Desktop on my iMac for about two months. I've just updated the Spotify this morning. Then, I got Spotify (old) in Trash when the new-updated installer was running.   I'm...
  • Keanu_C
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Featured Podcasts list is empty after enlarge the window

PlanPremium CountryHong Kong DeviceMacbook 12 2016 Operating SystemMacOS 10.13.3 Spotify Version1.0.94.262.g3d5c231c What did I do?Enlarge the spotify window from 1024*957 to 1049*957 Before enlarge the window After enlarge the window

Screen Shot 2018-12-03 at 10.31.18 PM.png Screen Shot 2018-12-03 at 10.31.28 PM.png
  • Plan Premium   Country Hong Kong   Device Macbook 12 2016   Operating System MacOS 10.13.3    Spotify Version 1.0.94.262.g3d5c231c   What did I ...
  • Keanu_C
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Is the "downloaded" song deleted from my hard disk if I "remove" it from my library?

PlanPremium CountryCanada DeviceMacbook Pro, running Spotif app Operating SystemMac OS X My Question or IssueMy library has a few songs. The library is downloaded, no other song or playlist is downloaded. If I remove a song from my library, is the do...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium   Country Canada    Device Macbook Pro, running Spotif app   Operating System Mac OS X   My Question or Issue My library has a few songs. The librar...
  • Keanu_C
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • disk
    downloaded
    Mac
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify social is displaying songs I'm not playing

Plan: PremiumCountry: USA My Question or IssueI have been a premium Spotify user for over 8 years. Over this time, Spotify social has apparently been informing my friends that I have been listening to just one song - the suburbs by the Arcade Fire ov...

• Plan: Premium Country: USA   My Question or Issue I have been a premium Spotify user for over 8 years. Over this time, Spotify social has apparently been informing my friends that ...
  • TTilawok
  • Music Fan
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Discover weekly not updated

Hi I have been registered as a free user for years and not really used it. Switched from Apple Music to premium Spotify last week and have realised The discover weekly playlist hasn’t been updated since 2016! Here’s the playlist, what can I do to fix...

• Visitor
  • Hi I have been registered as a free user for years and not really used it. Switched from Apple Music to premium Spotify last week and have realised The discover weekly playlist hasn’t been updated si...
  • PigeonXtreme
  • Composer
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes