Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Desktop (Mac)

Discuss Spotify for Mac

Start a topic

Forum Posts

Jam now available on Desktop

Spotify is bringing Jam to the desktop app! 拾 ️ Now you can start or join a listening party with your friends, family, colleagues, and classmates, with the Spotify desktop app in addition to the mobile app. Although you can listen on your own, Jam in...

Start Jam Menu - Desktop App.png Queue Right Sidebar.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

New "Now Playing View" sidebar

Spotify is introducing a new "Now Playing View" sidebar in the desktop app and Web Player to go along with the recently released "Your Library" sidebar. The Now Playing View in the right sidebar shows the album art and info of the current song or pod...

• Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

New Your Library sidebar

Spotify is introducing a new Your Library sidebar in the desktop app and Web Player. The new Your Library sidebar is rolling out to all desktop users now, so you will be seeing it soon if you haven't already. The new Your Library sidebar improves nav...

Sidebar Tips.png Desktop Sidebar Compact View.png Compact Layout.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 3 likes

Solved!! Spotify free: Music stops on MAC

Edited: Thank you very much everyone for helping! Finally I managed to correct the error and the steps are those that DerpyNerd offered and highlighted as a solution. Hi! I have a MacBook Pro, and for a week now I have a problem with the desktop app....

• Casual Listener
  • bfteach
  • Regular
  • 19 replies
  • 1 likes
  • music stops
  • 19 replies
  • 1 likes

[Mac] Troubleshooting Spotify

Having trouble with Spotify on your Desktop app? Here’s what to try first. Search the Community Someone might have asked your question on the Community before. So type your issue into the search box and have a look. Tip: Don't forget to check our Spo...

• Spotify Legend
  • 0 replies
  • 34 likes
  • Mac
  • 0 replies
  • 34 likes

Extremley Loud Distorted Noise Through Speakers

Hello, I was listening to Spotify this morning through my laptop speakers and all of a sudden there was an extremley deafeningly loud distorted noise. It ended after I quit the spotify app, and no my speakers are destroyed. Has anyone had a similar s...

• Hello,   I was listening to Spotify this morning through my laptop speakers and all of a sudden there was an extremley deafeningly loud distorted noise. It ended after I quit the spotify app, ...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Changing Google Drive Folder

Plan - PremiumFree/PremiumCountry - USA Device(MacBook Air)Operating System(iOS 10) My Question or Issue Hello Spotify Community, I have connected my Spotify account to my google drive. And now I want to change it to another folder but the problem is...

• Casual Listener
  •     Plan - Premium Free/Premium Country - USA   Device (MacBook Air) Operating System (iOS 10)   My Question or Issue   Hello Spotify Community,   I have ...
  • AeroZ
  • Composer
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Friend Feed(Facebook)

Device(Macbook Pro 2016)Operating System(MacOS Mojave) My Question or IssueWhen I try to add new friends to the Friends Feed through facebook .... the loading window never ends. The wheel continues to run indefinitely. I've already tried to disconnec...

•   Device (Macbook Pro 2016) Operating System (MacOS Mojave)  My Question or Issue When I try to add new friends to the Friends Feed through facebook .... the loading window never ends...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

"Browse" page "Doesn't Exist"

PremiumUSAiMac 27in late 2013 macOS 10.14 I'm so tired of all this nonsense. I'm constantly having to mess with things to get my desktop app to work... excruciatingly slow loading times. Have to manually delete cache files so frequently, turned hardw...

Screen Shot 2018-11-06 at 5.26.46 PM.png
  • Regular
  • Premium USA iMac 27in late 2013 macOS 10.14   I'm so tired of all this nonsense. I'm constantly having to mess with things to get my desktop app to work... excruciatingly slow loading times....
  • AeroZ
  • Composer
  • 16 replies
  • 8 likes
  • broken
    Browse
    Page Doesn't Exist
  • 16 replies
  • 8 likes

Solved!! Can't Install Spotify

PlanPremiumCountryFrance (previously the USA) DeviceMac book pro late 2011Operating System(iOS 10.11.6) I addressed the issue somewhere else but I received no help really. I am trying to install the latest version of spotify but I keep getting the sa...

• Roadie
  •   Plan Premium Country France (previously the USA)   Device Mac book pro late 2011 Operating System (iOS 10.11.6)  I addressed the issue somewhere else but I received no help...
  • deadbeat_son
  • Casual Listener
  • 9 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 9 replies
  • 0 likes

Cant listen to track

PlanPremiumCountry SwitzerlandDeviceMacbook Pro 2017Operating SystemMojave My Question or Issue Since a few weeks i cant listen to https://open.spotify.com/track/26OAmzKhrseJKoe2f0ruuW?si=3Cn0Nn2gQzO5OfleXIq4LA before i was able to. What happened?

• Plan Premium Country  Switzerland Device Macbook Pro 2017 Operating System Mojave   My Question or Issue   Since a few weeks i cant listen to https://open.spotify.com/track/...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Using the Search field, then scrubbing audio, takes you back to Search Results

I noticed that when using the Search field, then going back to the song I am currently playing and scrubbing the audio bar, I am taken back to the Recent Searches view. Steps to Reproduce>Play a song>Click into the Search field>Click album art of cur...

• Regular
  • I noticed that when using the Search field, then going back to the song I am currently playing and scrubbing the audio bar, I am taken back to the Recent Searches view.   Steps to Reproduce &...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • album art
    scrubbing
    search results
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Cannot change Artcover on my Playlists anymore

PlanPremiumCountry FranceDeviceMacbook Pro late 2011Operating System(iOS X 10.11.6 My Question or Issue I can't change the artcover on my playlists. also none of the art is showing on the spotify app anymore (desktop), it's showing however fine on my...

• Roadie
  • Plan Premium Country  France Device Macbook Pro late 2011 Operating System (iOS X 10.11.6   My Question or Issue  I can't change the artcover on my playlists. also none of th...
  • AeroZ
  • Composer
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes

Recently Played

"Recently Played" page does not show anything. PlanPremiumCountryTurkey Device Macbook Pro mid2014Operating SystemMacOsMojave My Question or Issue

• Casual Listener
  • "Recently Played" page does not show anything.   Plan Premium Country Turkey   Device  Macbook Pro mid2014 Operating System MacOsMojave   My Question or Issue  
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Song shuffle no longer working

Premium, Family, UK, iPhone, Mac. The main way I like to listen to my music is to shuffle play across all the songs in my library. Just as iTunes, Apple Music etc has always let you do.This used to work fine in Spotify. It no longer works. If you sel...

• Music Fan
  • Premium, Family, UK, iPhone, Mac.   The main way I like to listen to my music is to shuffle play across all the songs in my library. Just as iTunes, Apple Music etc has always let you do. Thi...
  • alpatters
  • Music Fan
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Rearranging The Playlists Themselves

PlanPremiumCountryUSA DeviceiPhone 6Operating SystemiOS 10 I know how to rearrange songs "within" a playlist. But how do I rearrange the "actual playlists" themselves on iPhone? It should be as easy as rearraning the songs themselves, like grabbing t...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country USA   Device iPhone 6 Operating System iOS 10   I know how to rearrange songs "within" a playlist. But how do I rearrange the "actual playlists" themselves on...
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes

Can't connect to Facebook to find friends

PlanPremiumCountryUSA DeviceMacbook Pro 2017Operating SystemOS 10.14 My Question or IssueI recently deleted my old Spotify account because I'd created it through Facebook. I made a new one and attempted to reconnect my FB friends, but no friends will...

• Plan Premium Country USA  Device Macbook Pro 2017 Operating System OS 10.14   My Question or Issue I recently deleted my old Spotify account because I'd created it through Faceboo...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Pause/Play Hot Keys / Space Bar stopped working

Plan: PremiumCountry: USAOperating System: OSX Sierra My Question or IssueMy Hot Keys (pause/play/fw/bw) and Space Bar to pause/play music stopped working all of a sudden. To pause/play, I have to click on the actual button manually or go up to Playb...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan: Premium Country: USA Operating System: OSX Sierra   My Question or Issue My Hot Keys (pause/play/fw/bw) and Space Bar to pause/play music stopped working all of a sudden. To...
  • gusbus7
  • 3 replies
  • 1 likes
  • Desktop Player
    Mac Desktop App
    pause
    Play
    shortcuts
  • 3 replies
  • 1 likes

Show my current Top artists feature won't work!

PlanPremiumCountry TurkeyDevice(Macbook Pro late 2016)Operating System(Mojave 10.14.1) My Question or IssueFeature that shows your current Top artists that you listen to isn't working. I try to enable it but it's not working. It says it's open though...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country  Turkey Device (Macbook Pro late 2016) Operating System (Mojave 10.14.1)   My Question or Issue Feature that shows your current Top artists that you listen to...
  • 0 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 2 likes

my release radar and discover weekly are not updating

Hi, So my release radar and discover weekly are not updating (also not on my iphone). I have looked through the topics related to this theme and the following/unfollowing, closing/opening, updating spotify etc did not help. The playlist are: spotify:...

• Regular
  • Hi,   So my release radar and discover weekly are not updating (also not on my iphone). I have looked through the topics related to this theme and the following/unfollowing, closing/opening, u...
  • alinasaenko
  • Regular
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

the Spotify application is not responding

The App is not responding after a minute or two. The search function simply doesn't work. But overall, I must admit that I'm quite frustrated of not being able to simply chat/email/or call someone at Spotify directly for troobleshooting. I'm a Premiu...

• The App is not responding after a minute or two. The search function simply doesn't work.  But overall, I must admit that I'm quite frustrated of not being able to simply chat/email/or call som...
  • Loxer
  • Community Legend
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes

Error 17, Log in not possible.

PlanFree DeviceMac pro mid 2015Operating SystemOs Mojave 10.14 My Question or Issue I'm not able to log in on spotify. He say: Firewall trouble, error 17.At the moment i don't have any firewall active and i try to restart my mac and 2-3 times to dele...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Free   Device Mac pro mid 2015 Operating System Os Mojave 10.14   My Question or Issue  I'm not able to log in on spotify.  He say: Firewall trouble, error 17. At ...
  • Loxer
  • Community Legend
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes

Solved!! ERROR 17 then ERROR 4

PlanFree/PremiumCountry DeviceMacbook Pro late 2010Operating SystemiOS 10 My Question or Issue Hello, A few days ago, I went into my spotify and it came up with an error randomly of ERROR 17, saying to change my proxy settings or firewall settings. I...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Free/Premium Country   Device Macbook Pro late 2010 Operating System iOS 10   My Question or Issue  Hello,   A few days ago, I went into my spotify and it came up...
  • Loxer
  • Community Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Suggestion: In-App Bug Reporter

PlanPremiumCountryDeviceOperating System My Question or IssueWhy do I have to manually input all the information above? Give me an in-app bug reporter that can collect the information that's relevant to your investigations. This applies to your mobil...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country Device Operating System   My Question or Issue Why do I have to manually input all the information above? Give me an in-app bug reporter that can collect the informat...
  • Loxer
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes