Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Desktop (Mac)

Discuss Spotify for Mac

Start a topic

Forum Posts

Jam now available on Desktop

Spotify is bringing Jam to the desktop app! 拾 ️ Now you can start or join a listening party with your friends, family, colleagues, and classmates, with the Spotify desktop app in addition to the mobile app. Although you can listen on your own, Jam in...

Start Jam Menu - Desktop App.png Queue Right Sidebar.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

New "Now Playing View" sidebar

Spotify is introducing a new "Now Playing View" sidebar in the desktop app and Web Player to go along with the recently released "Your Library" sidebar. The Now Playing View in the right sidebar shows the album art and info of the current song or pod...

• Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

New Your Library sidebar

Spotify is introducing a new Your Library sidebar in the desktop app and Web Player. The new Your Library sidebar is rolling out to all desktop users now, so you will be seeing it soon if you haven't already. The new Your Library sidebar improves nav...

Sidebar Tips.png Desktop Sidebar Compact View.png Compact Layout.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 3 likes

Solved!! Spotify free: Music stops on MAC

Edited: Thank you very much everyone for helping! Finally I managed to correct the error and the steps are those that DerpyNerd offered and highlighted as a solution. Hi! I have a MacBook Pro, and for a week now I have a problem with the desktop app....

• Casual Listener
  • bfteach
  • Regular
  • 19 replies
  • 1 likes
  • music stops
  • 19 replies
  • 1 likes

[Mac] Troubleshooting Spotify

Having trouble with Spotify on your Desktop app? Here’s what to try first. Search the Community Someone might have asked your question on the Community before. So type your issue into the search box and have a look. Tip: Don't forget to check our Spo...

• Spotify Legend
  • 0 replies
  • 35 likes
  • Mac
  • 0 replies
  • 35 likes

Delete content from LOCAL FILES

I imported music from my device to spotify (local files), but I want to remove them, how do I?

• I imported music from my device to spotify (local files), but I want to remove them, how do I?
  • user-removed
  • Not applicable
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Playlist images not showing on desktop

PlanPremiumCountry: United States Device(Macbook Pro mid 2015)Operating System(iOS 10.13.3) My Question or IssueI tried adding a photo to a playlist by clicking the playlist image. The photo appears when viewing on my phone, but the desktop version s...

one.png two.png
  • Plan Premium Country: United States   Device (Macbook Pro mid 2015) Operating System (iOS 10.13.3)   My Question or Issue I tried adding a photo to a playlist by clickin...
  • user-removed
  • Not applicable
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

my problem is fixed but idk how to delete this so

My friends can't see what I'm lisening to even though I keep turning on the "publish my activity on spotify" button in settings. When I close the app it resets to off. This same problem is happening to another one of my friends. We can both see our o...

• My friends can't see what I'm lisening to even though I keep turning on the "publish my activity on spotify" button in settings. When I close the app it resets to off. This same proble...
  • Loxer
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Bring Back Sorting in Search Results - 2018

PlanPremiumCountry USDeviceMacBook Pro (13-inch, 2017, Four Thunderbolt 3 Ports)Operating SystemHigh Sierra Version 10.13.6 My Question or IssueI was previously able to sort my search results when looking for song titles, which made it easy to find t...

• Regular
  • Plan Premium Country  US Device MacBook Pro (13-inch, 2017, Four Thunderbolt 3 Ports) Operating System High Sierra Version 10.13.6   My Question or Issue I was previously abl...
  • Loxer
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 6 likes
  • Search
    search results
    song search
    sorting
  • 1 replies
  • 6 likes

Can't Save Playlist on Artist Page

I'm trying to add a playlist to my verified artist account but when I go through the 'Spotify For Artists' page (I'm using Chrome on a Mac) and add the playlist, I get a confirmation popup that it's 'Saved' but it doesn't actually appear on my profil...

• I'm trying to add a playlist to my verified artist account but when I go through the 'Spotify For Artists' page (I'm using Chrome on a Mac) and add the playlist, I get a confirmation popup that it's ...
  • Loxer
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • chrome
    Mac
    Playlists
    Spotify for Artists
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Desktop player is getting hacked by another user

I'm in the middle of listening to a #ThrobackThursday song at work when the music cuts out and starts playing this random explicit rap music. I don't listen to rap. I go back to the playlist I was listening to when I get through half of another song ...

• I'm in the middle of listening to a #ThrobackThursday song at work when the music cuts out and starts playing this random explicit rap music. I don't listen to rap. I go back to the playlist I was li...
  • Mantisentil
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! I hit the download button on my iMac. where did it download to and can I delete the download without

PlanPremiumCountryUS DeviceimacOperating Systemos 10.11 My Question or IssueI hit the download button on my iMac. where did it download to and can I delete the download without it deleting my playlist

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country US   Device imac Operating System os 10.11   My Question or Issue I hit the download button on my iMac. where did it download to and can I delete the downloa...
  • spotyguy15
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Alphabetical sorting of playlists - after all this years still impossible?

PlanPremiumCountryUk DeviceMacbook ProOperating SystemYosemite Firstly, pleae do not delete this thread as has been done to my first one. I'm a PAYING CUSTOMER and I have a valide question/issue. Thank you. The following post is borne out of frustrat...

• Regular
  • Plan Premium Country Uk   Device Macbook Pro Operating System Yosemite   Firstly, pleae do not delete this thread as has been done to my first one. I'm a PAYING CUSTOMER an...
  • babble2fish
  • Casual Listener
  • 6 replies
  • 28 likes
  • 6 replies
  • 28 likes

Cannot install Spotify: Error code 17

My spotify stopped launching on my laptop a couple of days ago. After a while, I decided to look for a solution, and it seemed that unistalling it would be the best option, so I did it.Once I tried to download and install Spotify, it come up with an ...

• Casual Listener
  • My spotify stopped launching on my laptop a couple of days ago.  After a while, I decided to look for a solution, and it seemed that unistalling it would be the best option, so I did it. Once ...
  • Loxer
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • error17
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify constantly skipping to a different song after just a few seconds on macOS

Premium Plan, USA, MacOS Desktop App (same issue on two different system: 2017 iMac, and 2018 iMac Pro) For the past few weeks Spotify goes into fits where it plays 10-15 seconds of a song and then skips to a different song (not even in my playlist o...

• Premium Plan, USA, MacOS Desktop App (same issue on two different system: 2017 iMac, and 2018 iMac Pro)   For the past few weeks Spotify goes into fits where it plays 10-15 seconds of a song a...
  • Loxer
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • macOS
    skipping
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify Mac won't start on Sierra. I have uninstalled and reinstalled, still no worky on 1.X

I have followed the instructions many times for completely uninstalling, but I can't get it to launch. I can't seem to find any logs as to why it's crashing, but I am really frustrated as I can't listen to music as a paid member... PlanPremiumCountry...

• I have followed the instructions many times for completely uninstalling, but I can't get it to launch. I can't seem to find any logs as to why it's crashing, but I am really frustrated as I can't lis...
  • Loxer
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Add support for Google ChromeCast in MacOS app

My Question or IssueI'd like to be able to connect to my Chromecast enabled devices (Chromecast audio) directly through the MacOS app and not have to use the iOS app to do this.Currently, I can only see 'Spotify Connect' enabled devices in the 'Conne...

•   My Question or Issue I'd like to be able to connect to my Chromecast enabled devices (Chromecast audio) directly through the MacOS app and not have to use the iOS app to do this. Currentl...
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes

Mac desktop client showing password as username

Hello,I signed up for a free account, and when using the Mac desktop client (2015 Macbook Pro 15", High Sierra (10.13.6)), it displays my password where the username should be. Also, it does not accept my username when logging in; I must use my email...

• Hello, I signed up for a free account, and when using the Mac desktop client (2015 Macbook Pro 15", High Sierra (10.13.6)), it displays my password where the username should be.   Also, it...
  • user-removed
  • Not applicable
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

Whenever I click on an album it doesn't even load at all

PlanPremiumCountryAustraliaDeviceiMac (late 2015)Operating SystemOS Mojave My Question or IssueI've had this problem where about 80% of the time, I go to click on an album or even search something up, but the album or search result just won't load at...

• Plan Premium Country Australia Device iMac (late 2015) Operating System OS Mojave   My Question or Issue I've had this problem where about 80% of the time, I go to click on an album or...
  • Loxer
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Wrapped 2018 playlist not representative

PlanFreeCountryAustraliaDeviceiPhone 8, Macbook Air & IPad Air 2)Operating System(iOS 12) Hi Spotify,I didnt receive an email based on the 2018 wrapped stats. I have been a member of spotify for over a year but only verified today. I searched up the ...

Screen Shot 2018-12-16 at 4.38.57 pm.png
  • Visitor
  • Plan Free Country Australia Device iPhone 8, Macbook Air & IPad Air 2) Operating System (iOS 12)     Hi Spotify, I didnt receive an email based on the 2018 wrapped stats. I h...
  • landonharris88
  • Composer
  • 3 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 1 likes

strawberries and cigarettes - troye sivan/love, simon

hi so where did my top song of the year disappear to who do i contact? sges gone from everyones spotify but i can still play hder from my phone but not mine or anyone elses laptop/device. help. PlanPremiumCountry Netherlands ]

• Casual Listener
  • hi so where did my top song of the year disappear to who do i contact? sges gone from everyones spotify but i can still play hder from my phone but not mine or anyone elses laptop/device. help. ...
  • goodcliches
  • Casual Listener
  • 4 replies
  • 11 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 11 likes

Lower the ad volume

My Question or Issue Its a pretty awful strategy to annoy people into paying for your service. The ads are intentionally too loud for that purpose and you know that. Its ridiculous.

•   My Question or Issue  Its a pretty awful strategy to annoy people into paying for your service. The ads are intentionally too loud for that purpose and you know that. Its ridiculous.
  • Taitsu
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes

Superuser Contribution Chromecast not connecting

I've been able to connect to my chromecast devices through spotify connect in the past, but as of yesterday, I haven't been able to connect to any chromecast device. I've rebooted everything and tested other apps with the chromecasts, and they seemed...

• I've been able to connect to my chromecast devices through spotify connect in the past, but as of yesterday, I haven't been able to connect to any chromecast device. I've rebooted everything and...
  • Colin_S
  • Regular
  • 4 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 1 likes

Artist View Track Sort Order

Most of my music collection consists of orchestral music. A big issue is the order of movements are reversed. A symphony album will be sorted from IV - III - II - I. You do not listen to a symphony in reverse order for gods sake. There is no way to s...

Screen Shot 2018-12-15 at 10.43.49 AM.png
  •   Most of my music collection consists of orchestral music. A big issue is the order of movements are reversed. A symphony album will be sorted from IV - III - II - I. You do not listen to...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify sort by title/artist/album/time/popularity then playing a song not working

Plan: PremiumCountry:Australia Device:MacBook Air Early 2015Operating System:iOS 10 My Question or Issue: Hi,Whenever I sort an artist's Songs by either title, artist, album, time or popularity, and then I select a song, it does not play the correct ...

• Plan:  Premium Country: Australia  Device: MacBook Air Early 2015 Operating System: iOS 10   My Question or Issue:   Hi, Whenever I sort an artist's Songs by either ti...
  • coolpanama
  • Casual Listener
  • 7 replies
  • 6 likes
  • 7 replies
  • 6 likes