Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Desktop (Mac)

Discuss Spotify for Mac

Start a topic

Forum Posts

Solved!! Spotify free: Music stops on MAC

Edited: Thank you very much everyone for helping! Finally I managed to correct the error and the steps are those that DerpyNerd offered and highlighted as a solution. Hi! I have a MacBook Pro, and for a week now I have a problem with the desktop app....

• Casual Listener
  • dtulman14
  • Casual Listener
  • 15 replies
  • 1 likes
  • Error
    music stops
  • 15 replies
  • 1 likes

[Mac] Troubleshooting Spotify

Having trouble with Spotify on your Desktop app? Here’s what to try first. Search the Community Someone might have asked your question on the Community before. So type your issue into the search box and have a look. Tip: Don't forget to check our Spo...

• Spotify Legend
  • 0 replies
  • 34 likes
  • Mac
  • 0 replies
  • 34 likes

Touchbar Controls Gone

The macbook pro touchbar controls after the latest update are gone

• The macbook pro touchbar controls after the latest update are gone
  • ipuzunov
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

Spotify Frozen

Idrk what is happening with my spotify but it's frozen. Whenever I play a song, the tab doesn't change, and whenever I try to switch the song, pause or change the volume, it does nothing. I need help with this please. I already tried restarting my co...

• Casual Listener
  • Idrk what is happening with my spotify but it's frozen. Whenever I play a song, the tab doesn't change, and whenever I try to switch the song, pause or change the volume, it does nothing. I need help...
  • user-removed
  • Not applicable
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

album art

PlanFree/PremiumCountry My Question or Issue (mac) the album art next to the song title and artist isn't showing anymore, I wanted to make it bigger but is dissapeard A

• Plan Free/Premium Country       My Question or Issue  (mac) the album art next to the song title and artist isn't showing anymore, I wanted to make it bigger but is dissape...
  • verringer
  • Casual Listener
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes

spotify is frozon while downloading

PlanPremiumCountry CALIFORNIADeviceiPhone 10Operating SystemiOS 11 My Question or Issue

• Plan Premium Country  CALIFORNIA Device iPhone 10 Operating System iOS 11   My Question or Issue  
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

shuffle is broken

I am about to go back to torrenting. Fix shuffle or else. 

• Regular
  • I am about to go back to torrenting. Fix shuffle or else. 
  • carrotlime
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Time/Length of Playlist no longer shows

Time/Length of playlist no longer shows. This is a no brainer. This a very BASIC feature. I use this app for my job & need to know the length of my playlists. Please add this feature back. I contacted Spotify support team & was told to leave a compla...

• Time/Length of playlist no longer shows. This is a no brainer. This a very BASIC feature. I use this app for my job & need to know the length of my playlists.   Please add this feature bac...
  • 6i9r6-m7_gci
  • 1 replies
  • 18 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 18 likes

It won't let me play any music

When I clicked on the play button for the music it wouldn't play and it wouldn't do anything, I tried reloading the page thinking it was just a glitch or something but it didn't fix anything at all, nothing worked and I just made an account on Spotif...

• When I clicked on the play button for the music it wouldn't play and it wouldn't do anything, I tried reloading the page thinking it was just a glitch or something but it didn't fix anything at all, ...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! How to delete local files?

Hi, I'm using the Desktop version of Spotify on Macbook Pro with Premium in the US. I want to get rid of all my local files as I don't need or want them. I searched this topic and saw many people found a solution in going to the "Spotify" -> "Users" ...

• Casual Listener
  • Hi, I'm using the Desktop version of Spotify on Macbook Pro with Premium in the US. I want to get rid of all my local files as I don't need or want them.     I searched this topic an...
  • carolinegwils
  • Casual Listener
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Artist - Album title reversed when dragging album to create playlist

PlanUnlimitedDeviceMacbook Pro mid 2014Operating SystemMacOS 10.13.5 My Question or IssueI use playlists heavily as a way to manage albums. For every album that i listen to reguarly i create a new playlist by dragging the album cover to the sidebar. ...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Unlimited Device Macbook Pro mid 2014 Operating System MacOS 10.13.5   My Question or Issue I use playlists heavily as a way to manage albums. For every album that i listen to regua...
  • redrohX
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

Can't see artist followers

PlanPremiumCountry USDeviceMacbook ProOperating SystemmacOS High Sierra My Question or IssueOn my Mac I can no longer see how many followers an artist has. Not that big of a deal, but I liked being able to see how popular an artist was or seeing if t...

• Plan Premium Country  US Device Macbook Pro Operating System macOS High Sierra   My Question or Issue On my Mac I can no longer see how many followers an artist has. Not that big ...
  • Loxer
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

How many artists can you follow?

How many artists can you 'Follow'? I am following some artists that do not display in under my 'Library'.

• Music Fan
  • How many artists can you 'Follow'?   I am following some artists that do not display in under my 'Library'.   
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Can't Play the Current Song?

PlanPremium CountryUS but Currently in South Korea Device Macbook Pro My Question or Issue:So I'm studying in South Korea for three months and I have premium which means I shouldn't have a problem listening on my laptop, but almost every song lags an...

• Plan Premium   Country US but Currently in South Korea    Device   Macbook Pro   My Question or Issue: So I'm studying in South Korea for three months and I have p...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Can't see album artwork after latest update

PlanPremiumCountryCanadaDeviceMacBook Pro (Retina, 13-inch, Early 2015)Operating SystemMacOS 10.13.4My Question or IssueI just updated my spotify and now I can't see the album artwork in the bottom left corner while listening to music. I know it isn'...

• Music Fan
  • Plan Premium Country Canada Device MacBook Pro (Retina, 13-inch, Early 2015) Operating System MacOS 10.13.4 My Question or Issue I just updated my spotify and now I can't see the album ...
  • Quart
  • Casual Listener
  • 4 replies
  • 5 likes
  • album artwork gone
    Mac
  • 4 replies
  • 5 likes

Keeping Songs in Library but deleting local files

PlanPremiumCountrySingapore DeviceMacBook ProOperating SystemiOS 10.13.5 My Question or IssueI have been trying to figure out how how to delete the local files on my macbook but still keep the songs in my library (so that i can still stream music) ju...

• Plan Premium Country Singapore   Device MacBook Pro Operating System iOS 10.13.5   My Question or Issue I have been trying to figure out how how to delete the local files on my m...
  • Loxer
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! How to limit cache size?

Today I found an 8 GB cache folder (in /Library/Caches/com.spotify.client/Data) and deleted it. It seems that every time I listen to a song, it gets cached. I looked it up and found that setting the storage.size field in /Application Support/Spotify/...

• Today I found an 8 GB cache folder (in /Library/Caches/com.spotify.client/Data) and deleted it. It seems that every time I listen to a song, it gets cached. I looked it up and found that setting the ...
  • jjmadison
  • Casual Listener
  • 5 replies
  • 9 likes
  • 5 replies
  • 9 likes

Local files problem

I deleted some albums from my computer and iTunes that I had imported in my local files. Spotify also has those albums. However, after deleting the local files (which still show up on my local files, even though I have show songs from iTunes off in S...

• I deleted some albums from my computer and iTunes that I had imported in my local files. Spotify also has those albums. However, after deleting the local files (which still show up on my local files,...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Longtime Spotify Premium User - Friends activity no longer show ups on Mac Desktop Client

Apparently after a recent update to the Mac Desktop Client my Friends' Activity on the right hand sidebar no longer shows my friends activity at all! I have two friends in particular who I know for a fact listen to Spotify reliably on a daily basis. ...

• Roadie
  • Apparently after a recent update to the Mac Desktop Client my Friends' Activity on the right hand sidebar no longer shows my friends activity at all! I have two friends in particular who I know for a...
  • 2triky
  • Roadie
  • 9 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 9 replies
  • 1 likes

Spotify takes a long time to load next song.

This is related to the ‘Spotify Pausing On Chromecast Issues’ which the status has been changed to fixed. It seems like they have fixed the issue of the audio skipping… but now I get the three dot loading animation ( . . . ) whenever I go to the next...

• Casual Listener
  • This is related to the ‘Spotify Pausing On Chromecast Issues’ which the status has been changed to fixed.   It seems like they have fixed the issue of the audio skipping… but now I get the thr...
  • 0 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 2 likes

Sound quality degrades massively over time

PlanPremiumCountryUK DeviceMacbook early 2016)Operating SystemiOS 10.13.5 My Question or Issue: Hi, I have a sound degrading problem when streaming from the Spotify app on my MacBook. After opening the Spotify App and selecting a playlist to stream, ...

• Plan Premium Country UK  Device Macbook early 2016) Operating System iOS 10.13.5   My Question or Issue:   Hi, I have a sound degrading problem when streaming from the ...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes