Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Desktop (Mac)

Discuss Spotify for Mac

Start a topic

Forum Posts

Jam now available on Desktop

Spotify is bringing Jam to the desktop app! 拾 ️ Now you can start or join a listening party with your friends, family, colleagues, and classmates, with the Spotify desktop app in addition to the mobile app. Although you can listen on your own, Jam in...

Start Jam Menu - Desktop App.png Queue Right Sidebar.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

New "Now Playing View" sidebar

Spotify is introducing a new "Now Playing View" sidebar in the desktop app and Web Player to go along with the recently released "Your Library" sidebar. The Now Playing View in the right sidebar shows the album art and info of the current song or pod...

• Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

New Your Library sidebar

Spotify is introducing a new Your Library sidebar in the desktop app and Web Player. The new Your Library sidebar is rolling out to all desktop users now, so you will be seeing it soon if you haven't already. The new Your Library sidebar improves nav...

Sidebar Tips.png Desktop Sidebar Compact View.png Compact Layout.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 3 likes

Solved!! Spotify free: Music stops on MAC

Edited: Thank you very much everyone for helping! Finally I managed to correct the error and the steps are those that DerpyNerd offered and highlighted as a solution. Hi! I have a MacBook Pro, and for a week now I have a problem with the desktop app....

• Casual Listener
  • bfteach
  • Regular
  • 19 replies
  • 1 likes
  • music stops
  • 19 replies
  • 1 likes

[Mac] Troubleshooting Spotify

Having trouble with Spotify on your Desktop app? Here’s what to try first. Search the Community Someone might have asked your question on the Community before. So type your issue into the search box and have a look. Tip: Don't forget to check our Spo...

• Spotify Legend
  • 0 replies
  • 35 likes
  • Mac
  • 0 replies
  • 35 likes

Playing through phone when its off

My desktop player keeps switching playback to my iphone so I did a reinstall as the help pages sugests when the problem continued I...Unplugged the Phone from USBDisconnected from WIFIDeleted the appTurned off the phone Yet the app is still "playing ...

• Casual Listener
  •   My desktop player keeps switching playback to my iphone so I did a reinstall as the help pages sugests when the problem continued I... Unplugged the Phone from USB Disconnected from WIFI D...
  • PremiumTony
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Explicit content unplayable?

I'm not sure why or how it has happened, but my desktop player has completely disabled the playability of songs with explicit content. To say this mildly, this is really horrible considering how my favourite songs just happens to include it I've trie...

• I'm not sure why or how it has happened, but my desktop player has completely disabled the playability of songs with explicit content. To say this mildly, this is really horrible considering how my f...
  • Loxer
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Installer corrupt for MacOS. Tried many times - same result

PlanFree/PremiumCountryUKOperating System(iOS 10.12.6) My Question or IssueDownloaded from official site install won't launch reporting installation is corrupt

• Plan Free/Premium Country UK Operating System (iOS 10.12.6)   My Question or Issue Downloaded from official site install won't launch reporting installation is corrupt
  • Loxer
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Music starts playing without my permission

PremiumSpainiMac (os 10.12.6) My Question or Issue While my computer is in sleeping mode it starts playing songs i have never listen too. This happened 3 times during the last days and i wasn't using spotify at any device at the moment, neither the c...

•   Premium Spain iMac (os 10.12.6)   My Question or Issue  While my computer is in sleeping mode it starts playing songs i have never listen too. This happened 3 times during the ...
  • Loxer
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

My songs empty on MacBook.

PlanPremiumCountry CanadaDeviceMacBook Air Operating SystemmacOS Mojave My Question or IssueRecently the Songs section of My Library is empty and tells me to go to browse to add songs and when I do that it remains empty. I have songs saved on my acco...

• Plan Premium Country  Canada Device MacBook Air  Operating System macOS Mojave   My Question or Issue Recently the Songs section of My Library is empty and tells me to go to ...
  • Loxer
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Overall Spotify is terrible

PlanPremiumCountry New ZealandDevice(iPhone 8, iPhone 5, MacbookPro 15" & Playstation4)Operating System(iOS 10,) My Question or Issue None responsive extremely slow and crashing app, playlists not loading, search not searching, songs pausing, skippin...

• Casual Listener
  •   Plan Premium Country  New Zealand Device (iPhone 8, iPhone 5, MacbookPro 15" & Playstation4) Operating System (iOS 10,)   My Question or Issue  None responsi...
  • the_vinyljunkie
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes

Recently Played Artists Does Not Update (Mac OS)

Plan - PremiumCountry - USA (California) Device(iPhone 7+, iPad Air 2, MacBook Pro mid 2014)Operating System(iOS 12.1, MacOS 10.13.6 High Sierra) My Question or Issue I use Spotify on my iPhone, iPad, and MacBook Pro (sometimes the web player as well...

Screen Shot 2018-11-22 at 02.25.12.png Screen Shot 2018-11-22 at 02.25.43.png
  • Casual Listener
  • Plan - Premium Country - USA (California)   Device (iPhone 7+, iPad Air 2, MacBook Pro mid 2014) Operating System (iOS 12.1, MacOS 10.13.6 High Sierra)   My Question or Issue &nbsp...
  • Jose_M
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • Account
    Premium
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

tag:new no longer as a valid search query?

PlanPremiumCountryUSADeviceMacBook Pro 2017 or 2018Operating SystemMacOS High Sierra10.13.5 My Question or IssueI'm no longer able to utilize the query of "tag:new" to get all of the new releases.

• Regular
  • Plan Premium Country USA Device MacBook Pro 2017 or 2018 Operating System MacOS High Sierra10.13.5   My Question or Issue I'm no longer able to utilize the query of "tag:new" to get al...
  • Krousk
  • Regular
  • 19 replies
  • 4 likes
  • 19 replies
  • 4 likes

Pre-Save Link for Fans

Hello! Since Spotify has allowed users to directly upload tracks to the platform and not through third parties (like Distrokid), we noticed that we cannot find a pre-save link to send to fans. Does someone know where this is within artists.spotify or...

• Casual Listener
  • Hello!   Since Spotify has allowed users to directly upload tracks to the platform and not through third parties (like Distrokid), we noticed that we cannot find a pre-save link to send to fan...
  • 0 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 3 likes

Não consigo efetuar o pagamento

Coloco os dados do endereço de cobrança, na hora de colocar os dados do cartão, ele volta para a página dos dados do endereço, e assim fica em um ciclo. Como posso resolver isso? (Obs: já tentei pelo celular, computador nas guias normal e anônima)

• Coloco os dados do endereço de cobrança, na hora de colocar os dados do cartão, ele volta para a página dos dados do endereço, e assim fica em um ciclo. Como posso resolver isso? (Obs: já tentei pelo...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

songs are not connecting to the album it is part of

I have downloaded songs for a greyed out album that I wanted to listen to. I have correctly named the song files to the album on spotify, but when I go to listen to the track it is not linked to the album. I then checked my local files and noticed th...

Screen Shot 2018-10-31 at 9.18.15 pm.png Screen Shot 2018-10-31 at 9.18.43 pm.png
  • Casual Listener
  • I have downloaded songs for a greyed out album that I wanted to listen to. I have correctly named the song files to the album on spotify, but when I go to listen to the track it is not linked to the ...
  • AeroZ
  • Composer
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes

Local Files total Duration is over inflated

Have this issue?I did. Here's how i fixed it. Rogue file entries in format ._xxxx appear, blowing out the duration count and killing the desktop app These Apple double files are created when these files were stored on a non Mac file system. In my cas...

LYNfVYM1.jpg
  • Regular
  • Have this issue? I did.  Here's how i fixed it.   Rogue file entries in format ._xxxx appear, blowing out the duration count and killing the desktop app   These Apple double ...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

MacBook Pro play/pause/skip buttons control iTunes after wakeup

PlanPremiumCountry BelgiumDeviceMacBook Pro 2017 13 inchOperating SystemMacOS Mojave My Question or Issue I often leave my computer to sleep with Spotify still open (and iTunes closed). When I wake the screen back up and press the "play" button on my...

•   Plan Premium Country  Belgium Device MacBook Pro 2017 13 inch Operating System MacOS Mojave   My Question or Issue   I often leave my computer to sleep with Spotify ...
  • Purevibe
  • Casual Listener
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

Solved!! Airplay on the Mac desktop app

PlanPremiumCountry BelgiumDeviceiMacOperating SystemMacOS 10.14.1 (18B75) My Question or Issue I would like to hav an airplay icon in the spotify-app itself.I know I can use airplay like this.But then are all the sounds of my mac send to my airplay s...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country  Belgium Device iMac Operating System MacOS 10.14.1 (18B75)   My Question or Issue  I would like to hav an airplay icon in the spotify-app itself. ...
  • gieljnssns
  • Casual Listener
  • 3 replies
  • 6 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 6 likes

[Desktop][Mac] Touch bar actions

Guys, it is possible to add a like/dislike button to the touchbar integration, i use it a lot

•   Guys, it is possible to add a like/dislike button to the touchbar integration, i use it a lot
  • Loxer
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Mac
    Touchbar
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

"Can't play the current song" Autoplay Issue

PlanPremiumUS DeviceMacbook Pro Operating SystemiOS High Sierra 10.13.6 My Question or IssueI'll be playing a playlist (either shuffled or not), and every other song (or even every song) it'll stop playing and display a "Can't play the current song" ...

• Plan Premium US   Device Macbook Pro    Operating System iOS High Sierra 10.13.6   My Question or Issue I'll be playing a playlist (either shuffled or not), and every o...
  • castilla8
  • 1 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 2 likes

macOS offline storage destination changing issue

Premium, Philippine, macOS 10.14.1 Problem here such. It is not possible to change the raspoloyeny Spotify folders (which to change in settings), I try to transfer it just to the second (multimedia) hard drive where all data have to remain. More prec...

• Premium, Philippine, macOS 10.14.1   Problem here such. It is not possible to change the raspoloyeny Spotify folders (which to change in settings), I try to transfer it just to the second (mu...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!!Superuser Contribution Daily Mix scrambled at each "love" or "dislike"

Hi all, Since a few days ago, any "Daily Mix" (I have 6 of them now) changes entirely (even the list of songs previously played, which is entirely odd and plainly wrong) at each "love" and "dislike". What is worse is that the underlying queue seems u...

• Gig Goer
  • Hi all,   Since a few days ago, any "Daily Mix" (I have 6 of them now) changes entirely (even the list of songs previously played, which is entirely odd and plainly wrong) at each "love" and "...
  • gioprimus
  • Gig Goer
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

cover art and friend feed issues

PlanFreeCountryNZDeviceMacbook 2017Operating SystemMacOS Mojave My Question or IssueThe cover art isn't showing and the friend feed is unavailable and always says "failed to load". I tried uninstalling and reinstalling the app - nothing changed. I al...

• Regular
  • Plan Free Country NZ Device Macbook 2017 Operating System MacOS Mojave   My Question or Issue The cover art isn't showing and the friend feed is unavailable and always says "failed to ...
  • Loxer
  • Community Legend
  • 9 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 9 replies
  • 0 likes

Merge iTunes local library with Spotify albums

I have a new Spotify premium subscription, so I may not have some of the terminology right - I'm still trying to figure out how things work. I have a large iTunes library on my computer; I have linked it to my Spotify library as Local Files. What I w...

• I have a new Spotify premium subscription, so I may not have some of the terminology right - I'm still trying to figure out how things work.   I have a large iTunes library on my computer; I h...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes