Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Desktop (Mac)

Discuss Spotify for Mac

Start a topic

Forum Posts

Jam now available on Desktop

Spotify is bringing Jam to the desktop app! 拾 ️ Now you can start or join a listening party with your friends, family, colleagues, and classmates, with the Spotify desktop app in addition to the mobile app. Although you can listen on your own, Jam in...

Start Jam Menu - Desktop App.png Queue Right Sidebar.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

New "Now Playing View" sidebar

Spotify is introducing a new "Now Playing View" sidebar in the desktop app and Web Player to go along with the recently released "Your Library" sidebar. The Now Playing View in the right sidebar shows the album art and info of the current song or pod...

• Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

New Your Library sidebar

Spotify is introducing a new Your Library sidebar in the desktop app and Web Player. The new Your Library sidebar is rolling out to all desktop users now, so you will be seeing it soon if you haven't already. The new Your Library sidebar improves nav...

Sidebar Tips.png Desktop Sidebar Compact View.png Compact Layout.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 3 likes

Solved!! Spotify free: Music stops on MAC

Edited: Thank you very much everyone for helping! Finally I managed to correct the error and the steps are those that DerpyNerd offered and highlighted as a solution. Hi! I have a MacBook Pro, and for a week now I have a problem with the desktop app....

• Casual Listener
  • bfteach
  • Regular
  • 19 replies
  • 1 likes
  • music stops
  • 19 replies
  • 1 likes

[Mac] Troubleshooting Spotify

Having trouble with Spotify on your Desktop app? Here’s what to try first. Search the Community Someone might have asked your question on the Community before. So type your issue into the search box and have a look. Tip: Don't forget to check our Spo...

• Spotify Legend
  • 0 replies
  • 34 likes
  • Mac
  • 0 replies
  • 34 likes

Solved!! My local files are refusing to play/show up on my phone, even though they are on my computer. Help?

Alright, here's what's happening. My local files are refusing to play/show up on my phone, even though they are on my computer. Even though they actually play on my computer, they don't download, which I'm assuming is probably the root of the problem...

• Casual Listener
  • Alright, here's what's happening. My local files are refusing to play/show up on my phone, even though they are on my computer. Even though they actually play on my computer, they don't download...
  • catloverzonya
  • Casual Listener
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • local files
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Playlist Description

Hi,I have been unable to change my playlist description on my mac, desktop app for hours now and I desperately need to. Please help! I have Spotify for free and I'm in the US. Much is appreciated! Thank you so much!

•   Hi, I have been unable to change my playlist description on my mac, desktop app for hours now and I desperately need to. Please help! I have Spotify for free and I'm in the US. Much is ...
  • Loxer
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Error code 3 on Mac desctop

PlanPremiumCountry EnglandDeviceMacBook Pro 2018 new oneOperating SystemIOS X My Question or Issue: So, i recently bought the Premium plan for students, and i logged onto the desktop app for spotify on my mac and it worked perfectly until about a wee...

• Casual Listener
  •   Plan Premium Country  England Device MacBook Pro 2018 new one Operating System IOS X   My Question or Issue:   So, i recently bought the Premium plan for students, a...
  • Loxer
  • Community Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Songs not appearing

So I have Spotify Desktop version for Mac and I don't know when this started exactly but lately, every time I try to see the songs in my library it doesn't show at all. It says that my favourite songs will appear (but they never do) and keeps directi...

Screen Shot 2018-10-05 at 1.34.53 AM.jpg
  • Casual Listener
  • So I have Spotify Desktop version for Mac and I don't know when this started exactly but lately, every time I try to see the songs in my library it doesn't show at all. It says that my favourite song...
  • Loxer
  • Community Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Newest (updated?) versions of songs don't play on my Mac

PlanPremiumCountryUnited StatesDevice(MacBook Pro late-2013) My Question or IssueSo I've noticed songs which were initially released on Spotify and had new versions created and re-uploaded to Spotify (presumably to take the place of the original). Ho...

• Music Fan
  • Plan Premium Country United States Device (MacBook Pro late-2013)     My Question or Issue So I've noticed songs which were initially released on Spotify and had new versions ...
  • Loxer
  • Community Legend
  • 8 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 8 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Failed to upload image, please try again

I've been trying to give some new playlists covers for the past few days with no luck. I tried everything, and I've looked around for answers on the community as well. I've done everything recommended, like reinstalling spotify (done twice, with no l...

• I've been trying to give some new playlists covers for the past few days with no luck. I tried everything, and I've looked around for answers on the community as well. I've done everything recom...
  • Loxer
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 2 likes

Discover Weekly Playlist Not Updating

I recently got Spotify again around 3 weeks ago and I noticed that my discover weekly playlist had not been updated since 2016. I've checked on Monday for two weeks now and it still has not updated.

•   I recently got Spotify again around 3 weeks ago and I noticed that my discover weekly playlist had not been updated since 2016. I've checked on Monday for two weeks now and it still has ...
  • Loxer
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

[Playlists] See in which of my Playlists a Song is in

Premium user / France /MacbookPro mid-2012 / MacOS Sierra 10.12.6iPhone 6 / iOS 11.4.1 When I play a rather long track (10 minutes approximatly), Spotify does not play the next song when it's finished. I've noticed this happens on both the desktop an...

• Music Fan
  • Premium user  / France / MacbookPro mid-2012 / MacOS Sierra 10.12.6 iPhone 6 / iOS 11.4.1   When I play a rather long track (10 minutes approximatly), Spotify does not play the next son...
  • Loxer
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Can't play the current song on macOs Mojave 10.14

PlanPremiumCountry SwedenDeviceMacbook Pro late 2016Operating SystemmacOs 10.14 My Question or Issue The mac desktop app does not work for me any more. All I get is a "Can't play the current song".I've tried the following without success:1. Logout an...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country  Sweden Device Macbook Pro late 2016 Operating System macOs 10.14   My Question or Issue  The mac desktop app does not work for me any more. All I get is...
  • Loxer
  • Community Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Playlist Folder Open-Arrow Not working (Mac)

Spotify Version: 1.0.91.176.g78a5872a (Mac)OS: High Sierra Symptom:The arrow at the end of a playlist folder does not open the folder. Steps to Repeat:Rename a folder (it doesn't matter if you rename it, just trigger the edit function)Choose the arro...

• Community Legend
  • Spotify Version: 1.0.91.176.g78a5872a (Mac) OS: High Sierra   Symptom: The arrow at the end of a playlist folder does not open the folder.    Steps to Repeat: Rename a fold...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Lack of functionality editing Playlist content.

I really think Spotify should take a page for Native Instruments Traktor in how to organize a library; create and edit playlists. My 1st attempt at a playlist I just dumped a bunch of tracks I felt suitable for it. Turned out to be 8+ hours of music....

• Regular
  • I really think Spotify should take a page for Native Instruments Traktor in how to organize a library; create and edit playlists. My 1st attempt at a playlist I just dumped a bunch of tracks I felt s...
  • EthanMKLewis
  • Gig Goer
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Spotify Bug - offline mode does not allow Spotify to login when setup/backup from another macbook

PlanPremiumCountry AustraliaDeviceMacbook Pro 2017 15-inchOperating SystemmacOS Mojave and macOS High Sierra My Question or Issue I recently migrated from one of my Macbooks (which was destroyed in a fire) to my new Macbook Pro. Tried installing Spot...

Capture d’écran 2018-10-01 à 10.33.13 AM.png
  • Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country  Australia Device Macbook Pro 2017 15-inch Operating System macOS Mojave and macOS High Sierra  My Question or Issue  I recently migrated from one of my M...
  • rome3
  • Casual Listener
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

i just updated my premium membership to family

I just updated my premium membership to family and I was wondering if my library could be separate from my other family members so spotify could reccomend songs in discover weekly and release radar that are just my interests and not my whole families...

• Casual Listener
  • I  just updated my premium membership to family and I was wondering if my library could be separate from my other family members so spotify could reccomend songs in discover weekly and release r...
  • Loxer
  • Community Legend
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

Volume Slide Control stopped working

I am using the Spotify app on my Mac to play music through my Amazon Echo and the volume slide bar on the app (botton right) has stopped working all of a sudden. I have restarted everything. Thoughts?

• Casual Listener
  • I am using the Spotify app on my Mac to play music through my Amazon Echo and the volume slide bar on the app (botton right) has stopped working all of a sudden.  I have restarted everything.&nb...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify and Mission Control

The Spotify desktop app absolutely will not stay put on a particular desktop using Mission Control in OS X. It has a tendency to "relocate." For example, I have it pinned to Desktop 3. When I open the app, it goes there. After a while, though, it wil...

• The Spotify desktop app absolutely will not stay put on a particular desktop using Mission Control in OS X. It has a tendency to "relocate."  For example, I have it pinned to Desktop 3.  Wh...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify Bug - Search results title has wrongly URL Encoded string.

CountryPolandOperating SystemmacOS 10.14 Mojave My Question or IssueThe title in the search results for any of the categories: tracks, albums, artists is wrongly url encoed as in the screenshot.

• Regular
  •   Country Poland Operating System macOS 10.14 Mojave   My Question or Issue The title in the search results for any of the categories: tracks, albums, artists is wrongly url encoed a...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Mac Error 39

I've been trying to log into my spotify application on my mac for a couple days now. Whenever I try to log in it displays this message: A firewall may be blocking Spotify. Please update your firewall to allow Spotify. Additionally you could try chang...

•   I've been trying to log into my spotify application on my mac for a couple days now. Whenever I try to log in it displays this message: A firewall may be blocking Spotify. Please update your ...
  • rome3
  • Casual Listener
  • 3 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 1 likes

Spotify won't play certain local files

PlanPremiumCountry The NetherlandsDeviceMacbook Pro MAC OS high sierra and an Iphone 7Operating SystemMAC My Question or IssueSome time ago I noticed that Spotify did not play certain local files on my Iphone anymore. I have a couple of playlists tha...

• Plan Premium Country  The Netherlands Device Macbook Pro MAC OS high sierra and an Iphone 7 Operating System MAC   My Question or Issue Some time ago I noticed that Spotify did no...
  • Focusvity
  • Regular
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • local files
    Local files for Spotify Mobile
    local files on iphone
    local files sync mobile phone
    local files. playlist
    Spotify
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

error 37

PlanPremiumCountryUK DeviceImac 2011 running High Sierra My Question or IssueAt login from side bar icon get 'error 37' firewall issue etc (as attached) and haven't been able to login for several months ....will work on my ipad though (so the firewal...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country UK   Device Imac 2011 running High Sierra       My Question or Issue At login from side bar icon  get 'error 37' firewall issue etc  (as ...
  • Loxer
  • Community Legend
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

Crossfade happening even though disabled

PlanPremium (Family)CountryUK Device2017 Macbook ProOperating SystemMacOS 10.14 MojaveSpotify Version1.0.89.313.g34a58dea (Displayed from "About Spotify") I am currently listening to the "Nasty Bits" playlist within the "Electronic/Dance" genre and w...

• Plan Premium (Family) Country UK   Device 2017 Macbook Pro Operating System MacOS 10.14 Mojave Spotify Version 1.0.89.313.g34a58dea (Displayed from "About Spotify")   I am ...
  • YahTehgz
  • Composer
  • 1 replies
  • 3 likes
  • Crossfade
  • 1 replies
  • 3 likes