Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Desktop (Mac)

Discuss Spotify for Mac

Start a topic

Forum Posts

Jam now available on Desktop

Spotify is bringing Jam to the desktop app! 拾 ️ Now you can start or join a listening party with your friends, family, colleagues, and classmates, with the Spotify desktop app in addition to the mobile app. Although you can listen on your own, Jam in...

Start Jam Menu - Desktop App.png Queue Right Sidebar.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

New "Now Playing View" sidebar

Spotify is introducing a new "Now Playing View" sidebar in the desktop app and Web Player to go along with the recently released "Your Library" sidebar. The Now Playing View in the right sidebar shows the album art and info of the current song or pod...

• Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

New Your Library sidebar

Spotify is introducing a new Your Library sidebar in the desktop app and Web Player. The new Your Library sidebar is rolling out to all desktop users now, so you will be seeing it soon if you haven't already. The new Your Library sidebar improves nav...

Sidebar Tips.png Desktop Sidebar Compact View.png Compact Layout.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 3 likes

Solved!! Spotify free: Music stops on MAC

Edited: Thank you very much everyone for helping! Finally I managed to correct the error and the steps are those that DerpyNerd offered and highlighted as a solution. Hi! I have a MacBook Pro, and for a week now I have a problem with the desktop app....

• Casual Listener
  • bfteach
  • Regular
  • 19 replies
  • 1 likes
  • music stops
  • 19 replies
  • 1 likes

[Mac] Troubleshooting Spotify

Having trouble with Spotify on your Desktop app? Here’s what to try first. Search the Community Someone might have asked your question on the Community before. So type your issue into the search box and have a look. Tip: Don't forget to check our Spo...

• Spotify Legend
  • 0 replies
  • 34 likes
  • Mac
  • 0 replies
  • 34 likes

Superuser Contribution Certain albums never play but still visible

Hey all I understand that certain tracks are unavailable in my country, but recently I've been finding albums that won't play, but aren't greyed out or hidden by the 'hide unplayable tracks' option. The rest of my music works normally, and I was even...

• Casual Listener
  • Hey all   I understand that certain tracks are unavailable in my country, but recently I've been finding albums that won't play, but aren't greyed out or hidden by the 'hide unplayable tracks'...
  • Guido
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! iPhone app has a Home selection. Where is this on Mac Desktop?

Premium Device(iPhone 5)Operating System(iOS 10) My iPhone app has a Home menu button on the left side next to Browse, Search, Radio, Your library. This Home menu button is very handy but cannot find on my MacBook Pro Spotify app. It has all the butt...

• Casual Listener
  •   Premium  Device (iPhone 5) Operating System (iOS 10)   My iPhone app has a Home menu button on the left side next to Browse, Search, Radio, Your library. This Home menu button...
  • Loxer
  • Community Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify on Desktop incredibly slow

PlanPremiumCountry Canada DeviceSamsung Galaxy 7 Operating SystemMac OS Sierra My Question or Issue Why is the desktop app for Mac so incredibly slow?? The app itself starts up no problem but when I try to search for anything it can take anywhere fro...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country Canada   Device Samsung Galaxy 7  Operating System Mac OS Sierra   My Question or Issue  Why is the desktop app for Mac so incredibly slow?? The app...
  • dduck
  • Regular
  • 11 replies
  • 14 likes
  • Desktop Player
    Mac
    slow speed
  • 11 replies
  • 14 likes

Being Online

My desktop spotify just keeps on saying im offline, but i am connected to an online wifi. I tried redownloading it, but it wouldnt work.PremiumUnited Kingdom Device: MacBook Pro My Question or Issue

• Casual Listener
  • My desktop spotify just keeps on saying im offline, but i am connected to an online wifi. I tried redownloading it, but it wouldnt work. Premium United Kingdom   Device: MacBook Pro   ...
  • Billy-J
  • Spotify Star
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

Error code:4 when i installed the full old version it worked, when i updated it. It broke again

PlanPremiumCountry DeviceDesktopOperating SystemWindows 10 My Question or Issue Unable to connect with wifi/

• Plan Premium Country   Device Desktop Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue  Unable to connect with wifi/
  • Loxer
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Annoying pop up... hoe to getb rid please

I'm on thev premium account and am in thev UKMacbook Pro 20128)OSX High Sierra Every so of the time Iget these annoying pop pups, what do they mean, howb vto get rid please, see attatched, thanksd

• Visitor
  • I'm on thev premium account and am in thev UK Macbook Pro 20128) OSX High Sierra   Every so of the time Iget these  annoying pop pups, what do they mean, howb vto get rid please, see ...
  • Loxer
  • Community Legend
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Slow connection between devices

Hello,I work on an iMac (High Sierra), and I also have a laptop running El Capitan. This laptop is connected to my speakers a few steps from my desk, so I open Spotify on both computers so they link and I can control it from my iMac.The problem is th...

•   Hello, I work on an iMac (High Sierra), and I also have a laptop running El Capitan. This laptop is connected to my speakers a few steps from my desk, so I open Spotify on both computers so ...
  • Loxer
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • devices latency link connection
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

"Create Similar Playlist" function adds duplicates of songs every time

Plan: PremiumCountry: US DeviceMacbook ProOperating SystemHigh Sierra My Issue I use the "create similar playlist" function often. Every time I do, there are duplicates of songs in the playlist. Typically only one or two songs will be in the playlist...

• Plan: Premium Country: US   Device Macbook Pro Operating System High Sierra   My Issue  I use the "create similar playlist" function often. Every time I do, there are dup...
  • Loxer
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 2 likes

[All Platforms] Explicit Filter

I figured out a way to get songs in radio edit without having to look it up. If you scroll to the bottom of an album you will see a button that says 1 other release click it and it will say the album again. Click that and boom a whole clean album. I ...

• Casual Listener
  • I figured out a way to get songs in radio edit without having to look it up. If you scroll to the bottom of an album you will see a button that says 1 other release click it and it will say the album...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify player in Slack is not recognizing that I'm logged in

PlanPremiumDeviceMacBook Pro 2017Operating SystemmacOS 10.13.5 My Question or IssueWhen I try to play songs that are posted in Slack channels, the Spotify player is not recognizing that I'm logged in and it's only playing a sample of the song. I've t...

• Plan Premium Device MacBook Pro 2017 Operating System macOS 10.13.5   My Question or Issue When I try to play songs that are posted in Slack channels, the Spotify player is not recognizi...
  • shotage
  • 2 replies
  • 30 likes
  • authentication
    Login
    Sample
    slack
  • 2 replies
  • 30 likes

High CPU usage on MacOS when playing from Playlist Folder

PlanPremiumCountryBelgium DeviceMacBook Pro Early 2015Operating SystemMacOS High Siera 10.13.6Spotify Desktop 1.0.85.257.g0f8531bd My Question or Issue I see high CPU usage during music streaming by Spotify. These CPU usages are up to 80% CPU. Strang...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country Belgium   Device MacBook Pro Early 2015 Operating System MacOS High Siera 10.13.6 Spotify Desktop 1.0.85.257.g0f8531bd   My Question or Issue  I s...
  • StijnM
  • Casual Listener
  • 12 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 12 replies
  • 0 likes

Friend feed is not working

PlanFreeCountry New ZealandDevice(Macbook pro, 13-inch, 2017)Operating System? unsure how to find this out ? My Question or Issue hello, my friend feed one day has just stopped working and have been trying to find a solution all week. i have tried re...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Free Country  New Zealand Device (Macbook pro, 13-inch, 2017) Operating System ? unsure how to find this out ?       My Question or Issue   hello, my f...
  • kat12378
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!!Superuser Contribution Sort deleted tracks within playlist

Does anyone know a way of sorting/ordering deleted tracks within a playlist? I can view them fine, but I have a playlist of 10,000 songs with 1 deleted song somewhere inside it! I'm just trying to find a way of viewing it quickly before I spend time ...

• Regular
  •   Does anyone know a way of sorting/ordering deleted tracks within a playlist? I can view them fine, but I have a playlist of 10,000 songs with 1 deleted song somewhere inside it! I'm just tryi...
  • AeroZ
  • Composer
  • 10 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 10 replies
  • 0 likes

Friend Feed won't Load

PlanFree/PremiumAustraliaDeviceLaptop - AcerOperating SystemWindows 10 My Question or Issue My friend feed does not work. It was working one day then the next it wasn't. I have tried reinstalling spotify with no luck. Many say to go to hosts files, w...

• Regular
  • Plan Free/PremiumAustralia Device Laptop - Acer Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue  My friend feed does not work. It was working one day then the next it wasn't. I h...
  • Loxer
  • Community Legend
  • 7 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 7 replies
  • 1 likes

Certain Songs from itunes won't transfer

Plan- StudentPremiumCountry: USA Device: MacOperating SystemProblem: Certain songs will not show up in local files from itunes. I have itunes selected as the local file destination and a couple of my songs are not in the local file library, others sh...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan- Student Premium Country: USA   Device: Mac Operating System Problem: Certain songs will not show up in local files from itunes.  I have itunes selected as the local file destina...
  • Loxer
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Pausing bug

Plan- Premium (Family)Country- USADevice- iMac 2017Operating System- macOS High Sierra 10.13.6- Spotify Desktop 1.0.88.353.g15c26ea1My Question or IssueWhen using the spotify desktop app (with headphones), sometimes when I pause playback using my key...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan - Premium (Family) Country - USA Device - iMac 2017 Operating System - macOS High Sierra 10.13.6 - Spotify Desktop 1.0.88.353.g15c26ea1 My Question or Issue When using the spotify...
  • lipeck
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes

Unavailable saved songs can be found through search

Hey everyone! Hope you're ejnoying this summer! I've noticed a strange thing with some saved songs I have. 12345I don't remember how I was able to put that song to play, as I can't know because the Radio Edit version is removed, but it showed that st...

img_0231_720.png screen_shot_2018-08-22_at_22.43.01_720.png screen_shot_2018-08-22_at_22.52.07_720.png screen_shot_2018-08-22_at_22.53.17_720.png
  • Community Legend
  • Hey everyone!   Hope you're ejnoying this summer!   I've noticed a strange thing with some saved songs I have.   1 2 3 4 5I don't remember how I was able to put that song t...
  • merlijnv2000
  • Composer
  • 3 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 1 likes

Opening Spotify Mutes Chrome

PlanPremiumCountryUSA Device2014 MacBook ProOperating SystemHigh Sierra My Question or Issue Every. Single. Time. I open Spotify or pause spotify, it mutes all audio for my bluetooth headphones (Bose QC35) in Chrome. I've checked System Preferences -...

•   Plan Premium Country USA   Device 2014 MacBook Pro Operating System High Sierra   My Question or Issue  Every. Single. Time. I open Spotify or pause spotify, it mute...
  • merlijnv2000
  • Composer
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Why doesn't a song URL open in the Spotify application for Mac?

Using version 10.13.5 OSX, opening a hyperlink to a song in Messages sends the user to the default browser to play the song. For me, it's often in an incognito Chrome window, so I'm rarely logged in. I end up just copying and pasting the URL into the...

• Using version 10.13.5 OSX, opening a hyperlink to a song in Messages sends the user to the default browser to play the song. For me, it's often in an incognito Chrome window, so I'm rarely logged in....
  • merlijnv2000
  • Composer
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Friend Feed

PlanFreeCountry DeviceMacBook Air early 2015Operating SystemHigh Sierra My Question or Issue My friend feed has not been loading, I had this problem for months. I've been searching for a solution but I can only find them for windows. I've tried resta...

• Visitor
  • Plan Free Country   Device MacBook Air early 2015 Operating System High Sierra   My Question or Issue  My friend feed has not been loading, I had this problem for months. I'v...
  • Loxer
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes