Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Desktop (Mac)

Discuss Spotify for Mac

Start a topic

Forum Posts

Jam now available on Desktop

Spotify is bringing Jam to the desktop app! 拾 ️ Now you can start or join a listening party with your friends, family, colleagues, and classmates, with the Spotify desktop app in addition to the mobile app. Although you can listen on your own, Jam in...

Start Jam Menu - Desktop App.png Queue Right Sidebar.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

New "Now Playing View" sidebar

Spotify is introducing a new "Now Playing View" sidebar in the desktop app and Web Player to go along with the recently released "Your Library" sidebar. The Now Playing View in the right sidebar shows the album art and info of the current song or pod...

• Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

New Your Library sidebar

Spotify is introducing a new Your Library sidebar in the desktop app and Web Player. The new Your Library sidebar is rolling out to all desktop users now, so you will be seeing it soon if you haven't already. The new Your Library sidebar improves nav...

Sidebar Tips.png Desktop Sidebar Compact View.png Compact Layout.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 3 likes

Solved!! Spotify free: Music stops on MAC

Edited: Thank you very much everyone for helping! Finally I managed to correct the error and the steps are those that DerpyNerd offered and highlighted as a solution. Hi! I have a MacBook Pro, and for a week now I have a problem with the desktop app....

• Casual Listener
  • bfteach
  • Regular
  • 19 replies
  • 1 likes
  • music stops
  • 19 replies
  • 1 likes

[Mac] Troubleshooting Spotify

Having trouble with Spotify on your Desktop app? Here’s what to try first. Search the Community Someone might have asked your question on the Community before. So type your issue into the search box and have a look. Tip: Don't forget to check our Spo...

• Spotify Legend
  • 0 replies
  • 35 likes
  • Mac
  • 0 replies
  • 35 likes

Show songs from iTunes

Hi, Spotify for Mac desktop, went in to settings and turned on "Show songs from iTunes". Nothing showing in the playlists. I read somewhere that Spotify is no longer having this great feature, but if that is the case then why is the option still in S...

• Roadie
  •     Hi, Spotify for Mac desktop, went in to settings and turned on "Show songs from iTunes". Nothing showing in the playlists.    I read somewhere that Spotify is no longer ha...
  • JDfunky
  • Roadie
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Wrong version of song playing

The BTS song IDOL has two versions, one of which features Nicki Minaj. But now when I try to play the Nicki Minaj version on spotify the original song plays? Which is weird because when the album came out a month ago the Nicki Minaj version played ju...

• The BTS song IDOL has two versions, one of which features Nicki Minaj. But now when I try to play the Nicki Minaj version on spotify the original song plays? Which is weird because when the album cam...
  • Guido
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Spotify randomly adding additional songs

PlanPremiumCountry U.S.DeviceMacbook ProOperating SystemiOS 10 My Question or Issue I just started having an issue tonight where if I search for an artist and add a song to my Starred playlist, Spotify will automatically add an additional song locate...

• Plan Premium Country  U.S. Device Macbook Pro Operating System iOS 10   My Question or Issue  I just started having an issue tonight where if I search for an artist and add a...
  • Guido
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Does this use core audio architecture

Does this app use the apple core audio archetecture for bit perfect playback? Currently using windows on my mac for gaming once I get a gaming pc built I want to swap my iMac back to Mac OS X and use it as a music PC because I heard that the sound ar...

• Casual Listener
  • Does this app use the apple core audio archetecture for bit perfect playback?  Currently using windows on my mac for gaming once I get a gaming pc built I want to swap my iMac back to Mac OS X a...
  • Guido
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Problem logging in Spotify apps on both phone and Mac

PlanFree/PremiumCountryVietnam Device(iPhone 5, Samsung Galaxy Note 4, Macbook Air Early-2014)Operating System(iOS 10, Android 6.0.1, macOS Sierra 10.12.3.) My Question or IssueI tried logging in via app first on iPhone a few months back, and it was ...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Free/Premium Country Vietnam   Device (iPhone 5, Samsung Galaxy Note 4, Macbook Air Early-2014) Operating System (iOS 10, Android 6.0.1, macOS Sierra 10.12.3.)   My Ques...
  • Loxer
  • Community Legend
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Artist playlist wrong -Michael Jackson

Hello, When you go to the Michael Jackson artist page, you will see that other artists like Drake's and Justin Timberlake's music comes up. If I go to the Michael Jackson page, it's because I want to listen to HIS music, not Drake's. Spotify should n...

• Regular
  • Hello,    When you go to the Michael Jackson artist page, you will see that other artists like Drake's and Justin Timberlake's music comes up. If I go to the Michael Jackson page, it's be...
  • Guido
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Play Queue is Broken {HELP}

ISSUE : My currently playing playlist is set to play "in order" as you can see from this screenshot. However, when I change songs to one down in the list somewhere, Spotify will play just that selected song, then start back at the top of the entire p...

Screen Shot 2018-09-20 at 5.42.17 PM.png play_queue_incorrect.png
  • Regular
  • ISSUE :  My currently playing playlist is set to play "in order" as you can see from this screenshot. However, when I change songs to one down in the list somewhere, Spotify will play just that...
  • cteffteff
  • Composer
  • 2 replies
  • 3 likes
  • broken
    bug
    bug report
    Play queue
    Reporting an issue
  • 2 replies
  • 3 likes

Superuser Contribution [BUG] New playlist name inconsistent between drag'n'drop and right-click menu

1.0.89.313.g34a58dea on macOS High Sierra with Premium account Right click an album, choose "Add to Playlist > New Playlist", and the new playlist will be named in this format: Artist Name – Album Name This is how Spotify has always named playlists c...

• 1.0.89.313.g34a58dea on macOS High Sierra with Premium account   Right click an album, choose "Add to Playlist > New Playlist", and the new playlist will be named in this format:   A...
  • Guido
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • bug
    bugs
    Desktop
    Mac
    macOS
    Playlists
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Randomly keeps playing this one specific playlist I'm not even following or listening to at all

I'm using Spotify on Macbook Air. I played one song on a playlist months ago but this playlist has been haunting me. Spotify will randomly play this specific playlist randomly. I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling my Spotify on my computer but it...

• Casual Listener
  • I'm using Spotify on Macbook Air.  I played one song on a playlist months ago but this playlist has been haunting me.  Spotify will randomly play this specific playlist randomly.  &nbs...
  • Guido
  • Spotify Legend
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

PlanFreeSouth Africa DeviceMacbook Pro late 2010Operating System(iOS Mavericks My Question or Issue I keeo getting the log in error due to firewall may be blocking Spotify or change proxy settings. This happened out of the blue, I did not change any ...

• Plan Free South Africa   Device Macbook Pro late 2010 Operating System (iOS Mavericks     My Question or Issue  I keeo getting the log in error due to firewall may...
  • Loxer
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

Solved!! Cmd + Esc shortcut doesn't work

Cmd + Esc Shortcut to maximize the window doesn't work on macOS. However, I click on the view menu on top and then click it, and it works. What is this anomalous behavior and is it just me? Premium FamilyCountry United states DeviceMac Operating Syst...

• Regular
  • Cmd + Esc Shortcut to maximize the window doesn't work on macOS. However, I click on the view menu on top and then click it, and it works. What is this anomalous behavior and is it just me?   ...
  • Loxer
  • Community Legend
  • 11 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 11 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Find playlist currently playing

PlanSpotify for StudentsCountryUSA DeviceMacBook Pro with Touchbar (late 2016/2017)Operating SystemmacOS High Sierra version 10.13.6 My Question or IssueI installed the last update and now I don't get the small album thumbnail of the song that is cur...

• Plan Spotify for Students Country USA   Device MacBook Pro with Touchbar (late 2016/2017) Operating System macOS High Sierra version 10.13.6   My Question or Issue I installed th...
  • Loxer
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

[Auto Startup] I need to disable it.

PlanFreeCountryTaiwanDeviceiMac (27-inch, Mid 2011)Operating SystemmacOS High Sierra My Question or Issue How do I disable Spotify auto startup when I login my computer? Please I need to disable it because my iMac crashes usally and Spotify needs to ...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Free Country Taiwan Device iMac (27-inch, Mid 2011) Operating System macOS High Sierra   My Question or Issue  How do I disable Spotify auto startup when I login my computer?...
  • AeroZ
  • Composer
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

[Desktop] Suggestion on HOW to bring back AUTOPLAY

This thread has gotten a lot of attention. Instead of bringing back autoplay, one idea would be that when a playlist is done playing, to jump immediately to the "Recommended Songs" section. The way Spotify worked a few weeks ago, it would autoplay fr...

• Regular
  •   This thread has gotten a lot of attention. Instead of bringing back autoplay, one idea would be that when a playlist is done playing, to jump immediately to the "Recommended Songs" section. T...
  • Loxer
  • Community Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

The repeat button is not working

Help 

• Casual Listener
  •   Help 
  • Loxer
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

Spotify LIES: Offline Songs Storage NOT in specified location!

I'm currently using the Mac Spotify app, running on OS X 10.9.5. I am a premium user with the family plan. Today, after discovering all of my offline content disappeared from my Mac, and that none of the playlists I had marked for download were marke...

• Music Fan
  • I'm currently using the Mac Spotify app, running on OS X 10.9.5. I am a premium user with the family plan.   Today, after discovering all of my offline content disappeared from my Mac, and tha...
  • douira
  • Roadie
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes
  • bugs
    Mac
    Offline Content
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes

Mac randomly starts Spotify connect even on other networks

PlanPremium DeviceSamsung Galaxy 8/Macbook Pro late 2016/Pioneer Speakers My Question or IssueWhen I am at work I keep my mac and phone randomly switches to play music at home, even if I am on totlay diffrent networks than the speaker. Why is this?

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium   Device Samsung Galaxy 8/Macbook Pro late 2016/Pioneer Speakers   My Question or Issue When I am at work I keep my mac and phone randomly switches to play music at home...
  • Loxer
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify app opens a black screen

PlanPremiumCountry United States DeviceMacBook Air Early 2015Operating System10.13.6 My Question or Issue Hello, I closed my Spotify app on my computer and changed my password. After I chnaged it, I went to reopen the app and it simply opened a black...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country  United States   Device MacBook Air Early 2015 Operating System 10.13.6   My Question or Issue     Hello, I closed my Spotify app on my comput...
  • Manoti
  • Casual Listener
  • 7 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 7 replies
  • 1 likes

Solved!! Spotify Crashs at Login

Hey there! For weeks, the desktop app on my mac crashes at login (Mac running 10.13.6). I have deleted the app numerous times, cleared the application support and cache folders and tried to update my Spotify version. Nothing. Every time I open the ap...

• Casual Listener
  •   Hey there! For weeks, the desktop app on my mac crashes at login (Mac running 10.13.6).    I have deleted the app numerous times, cleared the application support and cache folders...
  • skiibojosh
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Autoplay Doesn't Work Anymore

PlanPremiumCountryIndonesia DeviceMacBook Pro 2011Operating SystemOSX 10.10.5 My Question or IssueSince the last update/restart few days ago, Spotify autoplay doesn't work anymore. For me it's one of the most important feature on Spotify. I did try t...

• Regular
  • Plan Premium Country Indonesia  Device MacBook Pro 2011 Operating System OSX 10.10.5   My Question or Issue Since the last update/restart few days ago, Spotify autoplay doesn't&nb...
  • iwan_paul
  • Regular
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes