Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Desktop (Mac)

Discuss Spotify for Mac

Start a topic

Forum Posts

Jam now available on Desktop

Spotify is bringing Jam to the desktop app! 拾 ️ Now you can start or join a listening party with your friends, family, colleagues, and classmates, with the Spotify desktop app in addition to the mobile app. Although you can listen on your own, Jam in...

Start Jam Menu - Desktop App.png Queue Right Sidebar.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

New "Now Playing View" sidebar

Spotify is introducing a new "Now Playing View" sidebar in the desktop app and Web Player to go along with the recently released "Your Library" sidebar. The Now Playing View in the right sidebar shows the album art and info of the current song or pod...

• Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

New Your Library sidebar

Spotify is introducing a new Your Library sidebar in the desktop app and Web Player. The new Your Library sidebar is rolling out to all desktop users now, so you will be seeing it soon if you haven't already. The new Your Library sidebar improves nav...

Sidebar Tips.png Desktop Sidebar Compact View.png Compact Layout.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 3 likes

Solved!! Spotify free: Music stops on MAC

Edited: Thank you very much everyone for helping! Finally I managed to correct the error and the steps are those that DerpyNerd offered and highlighted as a solution. Hi! I have a MacBook Pro, and for a week now I have a problem with the desktop app....

• Casual Listener
  • bfteach
  • Regular
  • 19 replies
  • 1 likes
  • music stops
  • 19 replies
  • 1 likes

[Mac] Troubleshooting Spotify

Having trouble with Spotify on your Desktop app? Here’s what to try first. Search the Community Someone might have asked your question on the Community before. So type your issue into the search box and have a look. Tip: Don't forget to check our Spo...

• Spotify Legend
  • 0 replies
  • 34 likes
  • Mac
  • 0 replies
  • 34 likes

Is it possible to change 'Favorite Songs' back to 'Songs'?

The update doesn't really bother me that much but over half of my saved songs were lost when Spotify decided to make the change. Is there any way to either revert back to the old format or recover my songs? Thanks. PlanFree/Country U.S.DeviceMacbook ...

• The update doesn't really bother me that much but over half of my saved songs were lost when Spotify decided to make the change. Is there any way to either revert back to the old format or recover my...
  • Loxer
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution [Radio] Prevent Repeats

PlanPremiumCountry AustraliaDeviceMacbook Pro late 2016Operating SystemmacOS 10.13.6 My Question or Issue Radio songs repeat way too often, is there a way to fix this?

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country  Australia Device Macbook Pro late 2016 Operating System macOS 10.13.6   My Question or Issue  Radio songs repeat way too often, is there a way to fix th...
  • JonathanMa
  • Music Fan
  • 6 replies
  • 4 likes
  • 6 replies
  • 4 likes

Solved!! Sorting a playlist back to the Author's Default

I found some playlists I want to follow that have the beatport top 100 tracks for certain genres. When i was looking at the playlist to see how recently it had been updated I changed the sort to date. I realized later that the author had the playlist...

• I found some playlists I want to follow that have the beatport top 100 tracks for certain genres. When i was looking at the playlist to see how recently it had been updated I changed the sort to date...
  • Keanu_C
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

Why the cache Spotify app on OSX takes up 10G of space?

Whenever I restart my computer the ~Library/Caches/com.spotify.client takes up a small amount of space. By the end of my working day the said folder takes up 10GB of space! Why is this happening? Some smart garbage collection for this cache would hel...

Screen Shot 2018-08-10 at 10.49.50.png
  • Casual Listener
  • Whenever I restart my computer the ~Library/Caches/com.spotify.client takes up a small amount of space. By the end of my working day the said folder takes up 10GB of space! Why is this happening...
  • user-removed
  • Not applicable
  • 4 replies
  • 6 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 6 likes

iMac V10.13.4 Pathetically slow startup

PlanPremiumCountry UKDeviceiMac desktop v 10.13.4 High SierraOperating Systemv 10.13.4 High Sierra My Question or Issue Running Spotify via an app on the above desktop machine - everytime i start it up Spotify either takes at least 10 minutes to star...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country  UK Device iMac desktop v 10.13.4 High Sierra Operating System v 10.13.4 High Sierra   My Question or Issue  Running Spotify via an app on the above desk...
  • user-removed
  • Not applicable
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

library details

PlanFree/PremiumCountry DeviceMacbook My Question or Issue hi, this is probably very simple but need help....in my playlists on windows 10 laptop details show, SONG, ARTIST, ALBUM...great.....BUT on MACBBOOK (oldish)....it only shows SONG, ARTIST.......

• Plan Free/Premium Country   DeviceMacbook    My Question or Issue hi, this is probably very simple but need help....in my playlists on windows 10 laptop details show, SONG, ART...
  • user-removed
  • Not applicable
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

[Playlists] Spotify Mac Playlist Order Problem

PlanFreeCountryNZDeviceMacbook Pro late 2016Operating SystemmacOS Sierra 10.12.6 My Question or IssueOn Spotify for Mac the order of the songs in my playlists keep getting scrambled (This has happened, on seperate occasions, to two of my playlists) a...

•   Plan Free Country NZ Device Macbook Pro late 2016 Operating System macOS Sierra 10.12.6   My Question or Issue On Spotify for Mac the order of the songs in my playlists keep ge...
  • musicajet
  • Composer
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

[MacOs Mojave] Touch Bar support is gone.

PlanPremiumCountryPolandDeviceMacbook Pro 15 A1707 2017Operating System MacOS MojaveMy Question or Issue On new MacOS TouchBar support is gone and media controll buttons are not working.

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country Poland Device Macbook Pro 15 A1707 2017 Operating System  MacOS Mojave My Question or Issue  On new MacOS TouchBar support is gone and media controll buttons a...
  • JonyT
  • Casual Listener
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Autoplay/Radio Won't Turn off

PlanPremiumCountry DeviceMacBook Air Early 2015 Running High Sierra Operating System(iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.) My Question or IssueI can not turn the Autoplay off! Every time an album or playlist finishes, Spotify starts a new Radio Stat...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country   Device MacBook Air Early 2015 Running High Sierra  Operating System (iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.)   My Question or Issue I can not tur...
  • spankish
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes

Superuser Contribution Trouble syncing iTunes

I have a ton of music in my iTunes music library. I'd like to get it all into my Spotify library so I don't have to manually go through and add all the artists I like. It allegedly looks like an easy thing to do; there are several articles like this:...

• I have a ton of music in my iTunes music library.  I'd like to get it all  into my Spotify library so I don't have to manually go through and add all the artists I like.  It allegedly ...
  • SergioDavid
  • Roadie
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Save a video song?

On playlists song of the tracks have videos (ex: live version). I can't save any of those songs to a playlist. Why not?

• Casual Listener
  • On playlists song of the tracks have videos (ex: live version). I can't save any of those songs to a playlist. Why not? 
  • user-removed
  • Not applicable
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Is there any way to reverse marking a podcast as played?

PlanPremiumCountry United StatesDeviceMacbook Pro late 2016Operating SystemMacOS High Sierra My Question or Issue I accidentally marked an entire podcast playlist as played. I can no longer view the entire podcast and I cannot listen to it at all. Is...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country  United States Device Macbook Pro late 2016 Operating System MacOS High Sierra   My Question or Issue  I accidentally marked an entire podcast playlist a...
  • BiancaBunz
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Can't view followers

I can't view my followers on the desktop app for mac. Someone else's similar question was answered with this image:But my app only looks like this:Is this intentional or a glitch? How else can I view my followers?Thanks!

large.png Screen Shot 2018-07-27 at 3.02.07 PM.png
  • Casual Listener
  • I can't view my followers on the desktop app for mac. Someone else's similar question was answered with this image: But my app only looks like this: Is this intentional or a glitch? How else can I ...
  • h82y-14_n6iik
  • Casual Listener
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Saved Songs Sync/Update Issue

Plan: PremiumCountry: USA Device: Macbook Pro early 2015Operating System macOS High SierraSpotify Version: 1.0.86.337.ga8d5cef9 I've been recently experiencing saved songs disappearing. For instance, I would save a song and then a few hours later it ...

• Plan: Premium Country: USA  Device: Macbook Pro early 2015 Operating System macOS High Sierra Spotify Version: 1.0.86.337.ga8d5cef9   I've been recently&...
  • user-removed
  • Not applicable
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • bug
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

Solved!! Discover weekly disliked songs

PlanPremiumCountryUSA Operating SystemWindows 10 My Question or Issue My Discover Weekly was created with a song I had previously disliked. I thought that was the whole point of the dislike button. What gives?

• Plan Premium Country USA   Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue  My Discover Weekly was created with a song I had previously disliked.  I thought that was t...
  • user-removed
  • Not applicable
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Discover Weekly
    dislike
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Saved music doesn't show up on artist page

PlanPremiumCountryPhilippinesDevice iPhone/MacBook On artist pages, it doesn't seem that I have the albums saved, but they appear on my library as saved.

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country Philippines Device   iPhone/MacBook   On artist pages, it doesn't seem that I have the albums saved, but they appear on my library as saved.
  • Alfredo
  • Roadie
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

backward, pause/play and forward key problem on macOS

Plan: PremiumCountry: Czech republic Device: MacBook-Pro (13-inch, 2016)Operating System: macOS High Sierra (10.13.6)Spotify Desktop App: 1.0.86.337.ga8d5cef9 The music-controling keys (backward, pause/play and forward) on my keyboard seem to be igno...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan: Premium Country: Czech republic   Device: MacBook-Pro (13-inch, 2016) Operating System: macOS High Sierra (10.13.6) Spotify Desktop App: 1.0.86.337.ga8d5cef9   The mu...
  • valisjan95
  • Casual Listener
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Can't Download Spotify

PremiumAustralia Macbook Air 10.13.3 My Spotify always appeared offline and I could change this so I decided to reinstall the app but after I download the file from the Internet when I try open this file it come up with an Error, "download failed, tr...

• Premium Australia     Macbook Air   10.13.3  My Spotify always appeared offline and I could change this so I decided to reinstall the app but after I download the file from...
  • Loxer
  • Community Legend
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Radio and friend feed broken despite reinstall Mac OS

PlanFreeCountry USADeviceiMac 2014Operating SystemMac OSX High Sierra I've completely uninstalled Spotify several times trying to fix my issue, and had no luck. Every radio station I try to make shows "This radio station cannot be started" and trying...

• Regular
  • Plan Free Country  USA Device iMac 2014 Operating System Mac OSX High Sierra   I've completely uninstalled Spotify several times trying to fix my issue, and had no luck.  Ever...
  • lostoposum
  • Regular
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Mac
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Spotify non si apre più.

Buongiorno! Spotify non si apre più, mostra solo lo schermo completamente nero. Ho utilizzato Onyx per pulire il Mac. HO disinstallato e reinstallato Spotify ma il problema non si risolve.

• Regular
  •    Buongiorno! Spotify non si apre più, mostra solo lo schermo completamente nero. Ho utilizzato Onyx per pulire il Mac. HO disinstallato e reinstallato Spotify ma il problema non si risol...
  • gerry_mustazzu
  • Regular
  • 9 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 9 replies
  • 0 likes