Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Desktop (Mac)

Discuss Spotify for Mac

Start a topic

Forum Posts

Jam now available on Desktop

Spotify is bringing Jam to the desktop app! 拾 ️ Now you can start or join a listening party with your friends, family, colleagues, and classmates, with the Spotify desktop app in addition to the mobile app. Although you can listen on your own, Jam in...

Start Jam Menu - Desktop App.png Queue Right Sidebar.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

New "Now Playing View" sidebar

Spotify is introducing a new "Now Playing View" sidebar in the desktop app and Web Player to go along with the recently released "Your Library" sidebar. The Now Playing View in the right sidebar shows the album art and info of the current song or pod...

• Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

New Your Library sidebar

Spotify is introducing a new Your Library sidebar in the desktop app and Web Player. The new Your Library sidebar is rolling out to all desktop users now, so you will be seeing it soon if you haven't already. The new Your Library sidebar improves nav...

Sidebar Tips.png Desktop Sidebar Compact View.png Compact Layout.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 3 likes

Solved!! Spotify free: Music stops on MAC

Edited: Thank you very much everyone for helping! Finally I managed to correct the error and the steps are those that DerpyNerd offered and highlighted as a solution. Hi! I have a MacBook Pro, and for a week now I have a problem with the desktop app....

• Casual Listener
  • bfteach
  • Regular
  • 19 replies
  • 1 likes
  • music stops
  • 19 replies
  • 1 likes

[Mac] Troubleshooting Spotify

Having trouble with Spotify on your Desktop app? Here’s what to try first. Search the Community Someone might have asked your question on the Community before. So type your issue into the search box and have a look. Tip: Don't forget to check our Spo...

• Spotify Legend
  • 0 replies
  • 35 likes
  • Mac
  • 0 replies
  • 35 likes

Mac Album Art Disappearing

PlanPremium CountryAustralia DeviceMac 2013 Operating SystemMacOS High Sierra Version1.0.84.344 My Question or IssueA while ago I remember clicking on a button that said something along the lines of 'hide album art', but now I would really like that ...

• Plan Premium   Country Australia   Device Mac 2013   Operating System MacOS High Sierra   Version 1.0.84.344   My Question or Issue A while ago I remember cli...
  • Loxer
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Humble Pie album Rock On playing wrong tracks

PlanPremiumCountryNetherlandsDeviceMacbook Pro late 2016Operating SystemMacOS Sierra My Question or Issue Humble Pie ablum Rock On is playing a completely different artist. I would say issue started about 2 weeks ago. https://open.spotify.com/album/7...

• Casual Listener
  •   Plan Premium Country Netherlands Device Macbook Pro late 2016 Operating System MacOS Sierra   My Question or Issue   Humble Pie ablum Rock On is playing a completely diff...
  • osornios
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

"This song is not available" message appearing when it shouldn't

I'm a premium user, and in just the last few weeks I've noticed a lot of songs/albums that I think I should have access to keep giving me the "this song is not available" message. For example, Grizzly Bear's Yellow House, Cat Power's The Greatest, Th...

• I'm a premium user, and in just the last few weeks I've noticed a lot of songs/albums that I think I should have access to keep giving me the "this song is not available" message. For example, Grizzl...
  • osornios
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Other
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Use of Spotify logo for Artists on Spotify

Hi,I was just wondering if Artists who have albums available for streaming on Spotify are allowed to use the Spotify logo to promote their albums?For example can we make a music video with an opening credit that says something along the lines of "Now...

•     Hi, I was just wondering if Artists who have albums available for streaming on Spotify are allowed to use the Spotify logo to promote their albums? For example can we make a music v...
  • Alfredo
  • Roadie
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! album image in now playing bar disappeared?

I accidently clicked something in the bottom left hand corner of the screen, and now the album image in the now playing bar is gone. It only displays the song title and the artist. How do I get the album image back?

• Casual Listener
  • I accidently clicked something in the bottom left hand corner of the screen, and now the album image in the now playing bar is gone. It only displays the song title and the artist. How do I get ...
  • Loxer
  • Community Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Saved Song to Favorite Songs

Plan - PremiumUnitend KingdomMacOS I love how random users get selected for new features to test, however it would be nice to be informed of this beforehand. I don't agree with how saved songs has become favorite (favourite in the UK). I would rather...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan - Premium Unitend Kingdom MacOS   I love how random users get selected for new features to test, however it would be nice to be informed of this beforehand.   I don't agree ...
  • stopbuggingme10
  • 7 replies
  • 21 likes
  • Favorite Songs
    Feature
    Feedback
    saved songs
  • 7 replies
  • 21 likes

Playing song even after end

PlanFreeCountry SingaporeDeviceMacbook Pro late 2016Operating SystemMacOS High Sierra My Question or Issue After the end of a track, it continues playing the song again for awhile before moving on to the next song, e.g. Toxic-Britney Spears. It seems...

• Regular
  • Plan Free Country  Singapore Device Macbook Pro late 2016 Operating System MacOS High Sierra  My Question or Issue   After the end of a track, it continues playing the song a...
  • TechnoTew
  • Regular
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes

Videos in Browser inaudible when a song was paused

PlanPremium FamilyCountryGermanyDevicesMacbook Pro late 2014, Desktop PCOperating SystemMac OS High Sierra, Windows 10 My Question or IssueHello! Both on my Mac and my Windows the same problem. Videos in my browser are inaudbile, if I paused a song i...

•   Plan Premium Family Country Germany Devices Macbook Pro late 2014, Desktop PC Operating System Mac OS High Sierra, Windows 10   My Question or Issue Hello!   Both on my ...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! [Mac] App Crashing

PlanPremiumCountryUSA Device(Macbook Pro 2018)Operating System(macOS High Sierra ver. 10.13.5) The app itself opens just fine. The issue is that when I click to play a song the app crashes without any hesitation. It does not matter how many times I u...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country USA  Device (Macbook Pro 2018) Operating System (macOS High Sierra ver. 10.13.5)   The app itself opens just fine. The issue is that when I click to play ...
  • Loxer
  • Community Legend
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes

Unsave local files from My Music

PlanPremiumCountry United StatesDeviceMacBook 2012Operating SystemMacOS High Sierra My Question or Issue I don't know how to remove a song from my music tab. It is a local file, but is unplayable (grayed out). I have tried so many things to get rid o...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country  United States Device MacBook 2012 Operating System MacOS High Sierra   My Question or Issue  I don't know how to remove a song from my music tab. It is ...
  • mdewater
  • Community Legend
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

Copy Song Link blasts full volume previews of songs instead of interacting with desktop app

PlanPremium CountryUSA DeviceDesktop Application Operating SystemWindows 10 My Question or IssueI share tunes with workmates through Slack. I choose Share > Copy Song Link and send that through. This creates a preview pane of the song with a play but...

• Plan Premium   Country USA   Device Desktop Application   Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue I share tunes with workmates through Slack. I choose Shar...
  • halloocreeg
  • 1 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 3 likes

Solved!! Spotify crashes when I click on a playlist

Hello, I am a Spotify user on Macbook and am having problems with the app. Frequently, when I click on anything from playlists to songs listed under an artist's name, Spotify crashes on me and I have to load it up again. Uninstalling and reinstalling...

•   Hello, I am a Spotify user on Macbook and am having problems with the app. Frequently, when I click on anything from playlists to songs listed under an artist's name, Spotify crashes on me an...
  • Loxer
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

No Radio or Stations work on Mac OS

Rejoining Spotify and running into the dreaded no Radio or Stations. Neither will work on the desktop app on Mac OS (see below High Sierra version). Have tried all the usual approaches, login/out, reinstall Spotify application after deleting the libr...

• Casual Listener
  •     Rejoining Spotify and running into the dreaded no Radio or Stations. Neither will work on the desktop app on Mac OS (see below High Sierra version).   Have tried all the usual ...
  • TheHorsey
  • Casual Listener
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Radio
    stations
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Local Files Not Showing Up

PlanPremiumCountryUK DeviceMacbook AirOperating SystemmacOS High Sierra Version 10.13.5 My Question or Issue I can't get any files to show up in my local files tab at all. I have checked the local files section to check that the folder is in there, a...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country UK   Device Macbook Air Operating System macOS High Sierra Version 10.13.5   My Question or Issue  I can't get any files to show up in my local files ta...
  • Loxer
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! [Mac] UI bug

Plan: PremiumCountry: PortugalDevice: Macbook Pro early 2017Operating System: MacOS High Sierra My Question or IssueHello everyone, I'm not entirely sure this is a bug or a feature of the new version of Spotify, but I want to report this as I find it...

Captura de ecrã 2018-07-08, às 18.55.48.png Captura de ecrã 2018-07-08, às 18.55.38.png
  • Casual Listener
  • Plan: Premium Country: Portugal Device: Macbook Pro early 2017 Operating System: MacOS High Sierra   My Question or Issue Hello everyone,   I'm not entirely...
  • Loxer
  • Community Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Desktop not showing album covers

I tried to expand the little album art thing but it disappeared and now I can't see any of them, I tried resizing and still nothing

• Casual Listener
  •   I tried to expand the little album art thing but it disappeared and now I can't see any of them, I tried resizing and still nothing 
  • Loxer
  • Community Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify autoplay not working

PlanFree DeviceMacbook Pro early 2015 Operating SystemMacOS High Sierra My Question or Issue Basically as the title says, the autoplay is not working. I'll pick a song and it'll reach the end and all I hear is silence. I definitely have autoplay turn...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Free   Device Macbook Pro early 2015   Operating System MacOS High Sierra   My Question or Issue  Basically as the title says, the autoplay is not working. I'l...
  • magnamious
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 4 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 4 likes

Sidebar width changes when hovering playlists

PlanPremiumCountryEstoniaDeviceMacbook Pro late 2016Operating SystemHigh Sierra 10.13.3 My Question or IssueSidebar width changes when playlist is hovered and therefor whole view is pushed to the right causing weird jumps.Added a video to demonstrate...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country Estonia Device Macbook Pro late 2016 Operating System High Sierra 10.13.3   My Question or Issue Sidebar width changes when playlist is hovered and therefor w...
  • Loxer
  • Community Legend
  • 6 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 6 replies
  • 1 likes

Solved!! Can't see number of plays by hovering mouse over ratings bar

Macbook Air late 2016Version 10.10.5 Hi! I am a little confused because I just updated to the most recent version of Spotify on my MacBook Air, but for whatever reason I can't hover over the plays bar next to a song and see the number of plays anymor...

•   Macbook Air late 2016 Version 10.10.5   Hi! I am a little confused because I just updated to the most recent version of Spotify on my MacBook Air, but for whatever reason I can't hove...
  • Loxer
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Change font size on desktop application

I must have hit something strange, and now the font of everything within the Spotify application on my computer is very small. I tried to search online and in this forum and hitting "Control +" is not working for me. It's caused me to not want to use...

• I must have hit something strange, and now the font of everything within the Spotify application on my computer is very small. I tried to search online and in this forum and hitting "Control +" is no...
  • Loxer
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes