Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Desktop (Mac)

Discuss Spotify for Mac

Start a topic

Forum Posts

Jam now available on Desktop

Spotify is bringing Jam to the desktop app! 拾 ️ Now you can start or join a listening party with your friends, family, colleagues, and classmates, with the Spotify desktop app in addition to the mobile app. Although you can listen on your own, Jam in...

Start Jam Menu - Desktop App.png Queue Right Sidebar.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

New "Now Playing View" sidebar

Spotify is introducing a new "Now Playing View" sidebar in the desktop app and Web Player to go along with the recently released "Your Library" sidebar. The Now Playing View in the right sidebar shows the album art and info of the current song or pod...

• Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

New Your Library sidebar

Spotify is introducing a new Your Library sidebar in the desktop app and Web Player. The new Your Library sidebar is rolling out to all desktop users now, so you will be seeing it soon if you haven't already. The new Your Library sidebar improves nav...

Sidebar Tips.png Desktop Sidebar Compact View.png Compact Layout.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 3 likes

Solved!! Spotify free: Music stops on MAC

Edited: Thank you very much everyone for helping! Finally I managed to correct the error and the steps are those that DerpyNerd offered and highlighted as a solution. Hi! I have a MacBook Pro, and for a week now I have a problem with the desktop app....

• Casual Listener
  • bfteach
  • Regular
  • 19 replies
  • 1 likes
  • music stops
  • 19 replies
  • 1 likes

[Mac] Troubleshooting Spotify

Having trouble with Spotify on your Desktop app? Here’s what to try first. Search the Community Someone might have asked your question on the Community before. So type your issue into the search box and have a look. Tip: Don't forget to check our Spo...

• Spotify Legend
  • 0 replies
  • 34 likes
  • Mac
  • 0 replies
  • 34 likes

Solved!! Spotify Playing Wrong Song on Desktop

PlanFreeCountryAustralia DeviceMacbook AirOperating SystemmacOS SierraMy Question or IssueThis problem has happened once before, a song I listen to heaps starts to play another song from the same album. For example, I was listening to 'Reborn' from K...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Free Country Australia  Device Macbook Air Operating System macOS Sierra My Question or Issue This problem has happened once before, a song I listen to heaps starts to play another...
  • ouenb
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Music in iTunes playlists

My Mac recently died on my unexpectedly, and all of my music that was saved on it was wiped out. I had to get a new computer, but I have no way of downloading my library back onto my computer (new Macs no longer have a disc drive, and I don't have an...

•   My Mac recently died on my unexpectedly, and all of my music that was saved on it was wiped out. I had to get a new computer, but I have no way of downloading my library back onto my computer...
  • Loxer
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Recover a playlist folder

PlanPremiumCountryUnited StatesDeviceMacBookOperating SystemiOS My Question or IssueI deleted a folder of playlists yesterday and realized today I wanted to take a look at them again, so I went in the "Recover playlists" section of my account as I of...

• Plan Premium Country United States Device MacBook Operating System iOS   My Question or Issue I deleted a folder of playlists yesterday and realized today I wanted to take a look at th...
  • Alfredo
  • Roadie
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

New Song Search Display

Is there a way to switch back to the old song search view?I frequently would search for a song then click the ... dots and choose add to queue. Now it's been redesigned and when I search for a song, I see the song but there's nothing to do except cli...

• Music Fan
  • Is there a way to switch back to the old song search view? I frequently would search for a song then click the ... dots and choose add to queue.   Now it's been redesigned and when I search...
  • Loxer
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! [Mac] Spotify crashes on launch - macOS 10.14 Mojave Beta 1

Spotify Mac app is crashing on launch. I tried reinstalling it which allowed it to open, but as soon as I tried to play anything it crashed then continued to crash any subsequent launch. I hope this is a quick fix as I can't listen to music at work n...

• Regular
  • Spotify Mac app is crashing on launch. I tried reinstalling it which allowed it to open, but as soon as I tried to play anything it crashed then continued to crash any subsequent launch. I hope this ...
  • mchandler
  • Regular
  • 31 replies
  • 12 likes
    Beta
    Crash
    macOS
    mojave
  • 31 replies
  • 12 likes

Sort list of playlists

Mac OS Desktop version 1.0.83.318 I have close to 40 different playlists in my library but they are in some random order. I would like to know if its possible to sort these by name or created date / last played date. My most used playlists are near t...

• Regular
  •   Mac OS Desktop version 1.0.83.318   I have close to 40 different playlists in my library but they are in some random order. I would like to know if its possible to sort these by n...
  • Loxer
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Playlist songs are randomly grayed out, despite being searchable/playable otherwise

PlanFamily PremiumCountryUSA Deviceimac 2017 (brand new)Operating Systemos 11My Question or Issue Transferred playlists over from apple music. They work fine on mobile but on the desktop app/web player my playlists are all grayed out. However, these ...

• Plan Family Premium Country USA  Device imac 2017 (brand new) Operating System os 11 My Question or Issue  Transferred playlists over from apple music. They work fine on mobil...
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes

Grey bar in full screen mode

I have a macbook pro, and whenever I use the spotify appn I downloaded in full screen mode, it has a grey bar at the top of the screen. It makes it difficult to see the song I am playing along with making it hard to see what I'm typing in the search ...

• I have a macbook pro, and whenever I use the spotify appn I downloaded in full screen mode, it has a grey bar at the top of the screen. It makes it difficult to see the song I am playing along with m...
  • emily227
  • Casual Listener
  • 8 replies
  • 8 likes
  • 8 replies
  • 8 likes

Grey bar on the top of the screen in mac full screen mode

This grey bar has been terrorising my spotify for the past year, i have been hoping that updates would fix this bug, but around 5 updates have come and gone and this problem is still here... please fix this asap, its getting increasingly annoying wit...

Screen Shot 2018-03-22 at 8.47.40 PM.png
  • This grey bar has been terrorising my spotify for the past year, i have been hoping that updates would fix this bug, but around 5 updates have come and gone and this problem is still here... please f...
  • emily227
  • Casual Listener
  • 3 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 2 likes

Solved!! Latest MacOS client crashes on start-up

PlanPremiumCountryAustraliaDeviceiMac (27-inch, Late 2009)Operating SystemMacOS 10.13.5 High Sierra My Question or IssueOn opening the app a window briefly appears but then disappears. This started happening in the last day or two, coincided with the...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country Australia Device iMac (27-inch, Late 2009) Operating System MacOS 10.13.5 High Sierra   My Question or Issue On opening the app a window briefly appears but t...
  • quantoid-au
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

I can't find Spotify Video in Malaysia on any device I try.

PlanPremiumCountryMalaysiaDeviceMacbook Pro late 2017Operating SystemMac os My Question or IssueI can't find Spotify Video in Malaysia on any device I try.

•   Plan Premium Country Malaysia Device Macbook Pro late 2017 Operating System Mac os   My Question or Issue I can't find Spotify Video in Malaysia on any device I try.
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Having problems with Volvo Sensus Spotify app upgrade

PlanPremiumCountry USADevice2018 Volvo XC60Operating SystemSensusMy Question or IssueYesterday I was notified by Sensus that there was an update available for the Spotify app. The upgrade notice said there were new features and fixes, etc. (I have ot...

• Regular
  • Plan Premium Country  USA Device 2018 Volvo XC60 Operating System Sensus My Question or Issue Yesterday I was notified by Sensus that there was an update available for the Spotify app. ...
  • 0 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 3 likes

collaborative playlist??

PlanPremiumCountry Canada Operating SystemOS 10 My Question or Issue I can't right click on a playlist and make it collaborative. I have been able to in the passed but can't now? can someone please guide me here? please and thanks. donal.

• Plan Premium Country  Canada   Operating System OS 10   My Question or Issue  I can't right click on a playlist and make it collaborative. I have been able to in the pass...
  • Loxer
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Limiter

1. Does Spotify have it's limiter on all the time or only while "volume normalization" is active?2. What is the ceiling level (dB) of the limiter?

• 1. Does Spotify have it's limiter on all the time or only while "volume normalization" is active? 2. What is the ceiling level (dB) of the limiter? 
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Spotify Frozen

Idrk what is happening with my spotify but it's frozen. Whenever I play a song, the tab doesn't change, and whenever I try to switch the song, pause or change the volume, it does nothing. I need help with this please. I already tried restarting my co...

• Casual Listener
  •     Idrk what is happening with my spotify but it's frozen. Whenever I play a song, the tab doesn't change, and whenever I try to switch the song, pause or change the volume, it does noth...
  • Alfredo
  • Roadie
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

"Show Desktop overlay when using media keys" bug

Hey the "Show Desktop overlay when using media keys" option is broken. I have it set to OFF which does nothing when Spotify opens. You have to go in, turn the option ON then OFF again for it to take effect, every single time you open Spotify. This ha...

• Casual Listener
  • Hey the "Show Desktop overlay when using media keys" option is broken. I have it set to OFF which does nothing when Spotify opens. You have to go in, turn the option ON then OFF again for it to take ...
  • spacecadet34
  • Casual Listener
  • 7 replies
  • 70 likes
  • 7 replies
  • 70 likes

Playback Stops Randombly

PlanPremiumCountry - USA DeviceMacBook Pro 2017Operating SystemMacOS High Sierra - 10.13.5 My Question or IssueWhen using the MacOS app, playback will randombly stop for no reason. I have to press play again to start playback.

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country - USA   Device MacBook Pro 2017 Operating System MacOS High Sierra - 10.13.5   My Question or Issue When using the MacOS app, playback will randombly stop for...
  • NeiParkerTX
  • Casual Listener
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

se detiene la canción a medias

Cuando escucho dos o tres canciones, se me detiene la reproducción de la canción. Tengo el Premium pagado y lo tengo en el iPad, móbil y al iMac y en todos los dispositivos ocurre el mismo problema.Alguna posible solución? Lo he reinstalado y sigue i...

• Cuando escucho dos o tres canciones, se me detiene la reproducción de la canción. Tengo el Premium pagado y lo tengo en el iPad, móbil y al iMac y en todos los dispositivos ocurre el mismo problema. ...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify on Mac keeps going offline even when my internet is fine

PremiumUS Device(Macbook Pro 2013)Operating SystemMac (10.13.3 Sierra) My Question or Issue Spotify keeps going in and out between online and offline (mostly offline) even though I'm in online mode and my internet works fine. I get error 4 occassiona...

•   Premium US   Device (Macbook Pro 2013) Operating System Mac (10.13.3 Sierra)   My Question or Issue  Spotify keeps going in and out between online and offline (mostly ...
  • 0 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 3 likes

Spotify taking 9GB of RAM

PlanFreeCountry UK DeviceMacbook Pro late 2013Operating SystemMac, Up to date. My Question or Issue Spotify consistently eats RAM. It reaches >9GB and my machine has run out of space for swap and grounds to a halt. It takes a day or so without a rest...

• Regular
  • Plan Free Country  UK   Device Macbook Pro late 2013 Operating System Mac, Up to date.  My Question or Issue  Spotify consistently eats RAM.  It reaches >9G...
  • jethrogillgren
  • Regular
  • 3 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 2 likes