Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Desktop (Mac)

Discuss Spotify for Mac

Start a topic

Forum Posts

Jam now available on Desktop

Spotify is bringing Jam to the desktop app! 拾 ️ Now you can start or join a listening party with your friends, family, colleagues, and classmates, with the Spotify desktop app in addition to the mobile app. Although you can listen on your own, Jam in...

Start Jam Menu - Desktop App.png Queue Right Sidebar.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

New "Now Playing View" sidebar

Spotify is introducing a new "Now Playing View" sidebar in the desktop app and Web Player to go along with the recently released "Your Library" sidebar. The Now Playing View in the right sidebar shows the album art and info of the current song or pod...

• Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

New Your Library sidebar

Spotify is introducing a new Your Library sidebar in the desktop app and Web Player. The new Your Library sidebar is rolling out to all desktop users now, so you will be seeing it soon if you haven't already. The new Your Library sidebar improves nav...

Sidebar Tips.png Desktop Sidebar Compact View.png Compact Layout.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 3 likes

Solved!! Spotify free: Music stops on MAC

Edited: Thank you very much everyone for helping! Finally I managed to correct the error and the steps are those that DerpyNerd offered and highlighted as a solution. Hi! I have a MacBook Pro, and for a week now I have a problem with the desktop app....

• Casual Listener
  • bfteach
  • Regular
  • 19 replies
  • 1 likes
  • music stops
  • 19 replies
  • 1 likes

[Mac] Troubleshooting Spotify

Having trouble with Spotify on your Desktop app? Here’s what to try first. Search the Community Someone might have asked your question on the Community before. So type your issue into the search box and have a look. Tip: Don't forget to check our Spo...

• Spotify Legend
  • 0 replies
  • 34 likes
  • Mac
  • 0 replies
  • 34 likes

Solved!! Can't see album artwork after latest update

PlanPremiumCountryCanadaDeviceMacBook Pro (Retina, 13-inch, Early 2015)Operating SystemMacOS 10.13.4My Question or IssueI just updated my spotify and now I can't see the album artwork in the bottom left corner while listening to music. I know it isn'...

• Music Fan
  • Plan Premium Country Canada Device MacBook Pro (Retina, 13-inch, Early 2015) Operating System MacOS 10.13.4 My Question or Issue I just updated my spotify and now I can't see the album ...
  • Quart
  • Casual Listener
  • 4 replies
  • 5 likes
  • album artwork gone
    Mac
  • 4 replies
  • 5 likes

Keeping Songs in Library but deleting local files

PlanPremiumCountrySingapore DeviceMacBook ProOperating SystemiOS 10.13.5 My Question or IssueI have been trying to figure out how how to delete the local files on my macbook but still keep the songs in my library (so that i can still stream music) ju...

• Plan Premium Country Singapore   Device MacBook Pro Operating System iOS 10.13.5   My Question or Issue I have been trying to figure out how how to delete the local files on my m...
  • Loxer
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! How to limit cache size?

Today I found an 8 GB cache folder (in /Library/Caches/com.spotify.client/Data) and deleted it. It seems that every time I listen to a song, it gets cached. I looked it up and found that setting the storage.size field in /Application Support/Spotify/...

• Today I found an 8 GB cache folder (in /Library/Caches/com.spotify.client/Data) and deleted it. It seems that every time I listen to a song, it gets cached. I looked it up and found that setting the ...
  • jjmadison
  • Casual Listener
  • 5 replies
  • 10 likes
  • 5 replies
  • 10 likes

Local files problem

I deleted some albums from my computer and iTunes that I had imported in my local files. Spotify also has those albums. However, after deleting the local files (which still show up on my local files, even though I have show songs from iTunes off in S...

• I deleted some albums from my computer and iTunes that I had imported in my local files. Spotify also has those albums. However, after deleting the local files (which still show up on my local files,...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Longtime Spotify Premium User - Friends activity no longer show ups on Mac Desktop Client

Apparently after a recent update to the Mac Desktop Client my Friends' Activity on the right hand sidebar no longer shows my friends activity at all! I have two friends in particular who I know for a fact listen to Spotify reliably on a daily basis. ...

• Roadie
  • Apparently after a recent update to the Mac Desktop Client my Friends' Activity on the right hand sidebar no longer shows my friends activity at all! I have two friends in particular who I know for a...
  • 2triky
  • Roadie
  • 9 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 9 replies
  • 1 likes

Spotify takes a long time to load next song.

This is related to the ‘Spotify Pausing On Chromecast Issues’ which the status has been changed to fixed. It seems like they have fixed the issue of the audio skipping… but now I get the three dot loading animation ( . . . ) whenever I go to the next...

• Casual Listener
  • This is related to the ‘Spotify Pausing On Chromecast Issues’ which the status has been changed to fixed.   It seems like they have fixed the issue of the audio skipping… but now I get the thr...
  • 0 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 2 likes

Sound quality degrades massively over time

PlanPremiumCountryUK DeviceMacbook early 2016)Operating SystemiOS 10.13.5 My Question or Issue: Hi, I have a sound degrading problem when streaming from the Spotify app on my MacBook. After opening the Spotify App and selecting a playlist to stream, ...

• Plan Premium Country UK  Device Macbook early 2016) Operating System iOS 10.13.5   My Question or Issue:   Hi, I have a sound degrading problem when streaming from the ...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Saved Songs Not Showing up

My "Songs" not showing up. When I click on My Songs all I get is some image that says go to browse. This doesnt happen on my iPhone just my MAC and all my playlists are fine.Un-Installing, Re-Installing Spotify, Logging Out and Restarting my MAC have...

• Visitor
  •      My "Songs" not showing up.  When I click on My Songs all I get is some image that says go to browse.  This doesnt happen on my iPhone just my MAC and all my playlist...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

How do I remove Discover Weekly?

I don't listen to this playlist and therefore don't want to see it. I have no option to hide or delete this list. Please help. I'm using a Samsung 5 in Canada. Thank you.

• I don't listen to this playlist and therefore don't want to see it. I have no option to hide or delete this list. Please help. I'm using a Samsung 5 in Canada. Thank you.  
  • Maxim
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Local Files Create Duplicate Album Covers for Playlist Art

Okay, so I have a bit of a weird problem that I can't find anything about on these forums. You know how playlists have album art that accompany them? If a playlist has 4 or more albums, it should show four album covers next to the playlist in "your m...

• Okay, so I have a bit of a weird problem that I can't find anything about on these forums. You know how playlists have album art that accompany them? If a playlist has 4 or more albums, it should sho...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Album Cover
    iphone
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Shortcut documentation is inaccurate

PlanPremiumCountryAsk Facebook, ohh ... i don't have an account there anymore. DeviceMac ProOperating SystemOSX My Question or Issue Keyboard shortcuts have changed under our feet but documentation doesn't reflect that.https://support.spotify.com/us/...

• Casual Listener
  •   Plan Premium Country Ask Facebook, ohh ... i don't have an account there anymore.    Device Mac Pro Operating System OSX   My Question or Issue   Keyboard shor...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Song played is different from it's title

PlanFamily PremiumCountry Philippines DeviceiMacOperating Systemios My Question or Issue Different song is played upon playing 'Half Crazy' from Freestyle.

• Plan Family Premium Country  Philippines   Device iMac Operating System ios   My Question or Issue  Different song is played upon playing 'Half Crazy' from Freestyle.
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Key combination changed

This week my key combinations to skip/pause a song changed. They were f7,f8,f9 on my mac keyboard. Does anybody have any idea to set them back because this is very annoying.

• Casual Listener
  • This week my key combinations to skip/pause a song changed. They were f7,f8,f9 on my mac keyboard. Does anybody have any idea to set them back because this is very annoying. 
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

What does the time stamp at the right of "album" mean on the desktop app?

I assumed it was the time a song was added to a playlist, but I noticed that all songs in a playlist I have been listening to since almost 10 days say "20 hours ago", so it can't be that...

• Regular
  •   I assumed it was the time a song was added to a playlist, but I noticed that all songs in a playlist I have been listening to since almost 10 days say "20 hours ago", so it can't be that... ...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Can only download some of my local files from the same album

Plan: PremiumCountry: U.S. I'm trying to add an album to my library that is not available on Spotify from my local files (an album I purchased on iTunes). I can add all the songs to a playlist, but I can only add one of the songs to my general song l...

•   Plan: Premium Country: U.S.   I'm trying to add an album to my library that is not available on Spotify from my local files (an album I purchased on iTunes). I can add all the songs t...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

[Discussion][ALL Platforms] The New UI concept

Hi everyone, The new UI is really clean but it still feels exactly the same. I was checking Behance as I usually do and came across this concept by Gabrielle Nguyen:https://www.behance.net/gallery/56534635/Spotify-UI-Redesign-Concept It was nice and ...

• Community Legend
  • Hi everyone,   The new UI is really clean but it still feels exactly the same.  I was checking Behance as I usually do and came across this concept by  Gabrielle Nguyen: https://w...
  • 0 replies
  • 2 likes
  • All Platforms
    Discussion
  • 0 replies
  • 2 likes

Confusing Tick Button

Hello, The "add to library" icon is now a tick icon instead of plus button, but it is very confusing. Because the plus button is still used to add a song to the library in playlists/albums (on the main column) but it is different on the left bottom s...

• Visitor
  • Hello,   The "add to library" icon is now a tick icon instead of plus button, but it is very confusing. Because the plus button is still used to add a song to the library in playlists/albums (...
  • user-removed
  • Not applicable
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes

Spotify Connect disconnects from Samsung R6 Speakers after a few minutes

PlanPremiumCountryGermanyDevice(iPhone 6, Macbook Pro late 2011)Operating System(iOS 11.4, macOS 10.13.5 My Question or IssueI have 2 Samsung R6 Wireless 360° Smart Speakers connected to my wifi. They work perfectly with every other wifi service, suc...

• Plan Premium Country Germany Device (iPhone 6, Macbook Pro late 2011) Operating System (iOS 11.4, macOS 10.13.5   My Question or Issue I have 2 Samsung R6 Wireless 360° Smart Spea...
  • 0 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 2 likes

Can't Upload Local Files

PlanPremiumCountryUS DeviceMacbook Pro (2016)Operating SystemHigh Sierra My Question or Issue I downloaded a song from bandcamp but cannot upload it as a local file. I can't even select the file in the finder drop-down menu that happens when I go to ...

• Plan Premium Country US   Device Macbook Pro (2016) Operating System High Sierra   My Question or Issue  I downloaded a song from bandcamp but cannot upload it as a local fi...
  • Bethany_Dawn
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes