Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Desktop (Mac)

Discuss Spotify for Mac

Start a topic

Forum Posts

Jam now available on Desktop

Spotify is bringing Jam to the desktop app! 拾 ️ Now you can start or join a listening party with your friends, family, colleagues, and classmates, with the Spotify desktop app in addition to the mobile app. Although you can listen on your own, Jam in...

Start Jam Menu - Desktop App.png Queue Right Sidebar.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

New "Now Playing View" sidebar

Spotify is introducing a new "Now Playing View" sidebar in the desktop app and Web Player to go along with the recently released "Your Library" sidebar. The Now Playing View in the right sidebar shows the album art and info of the current song or pod...

• Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

New Your Library sidebar

Spotify is introducing a new Your Library sidebar in the desktop app and Web Player. The new Your Library sidebar is rolling out to all desktop users now, so you will be seeing it soon if you haven't already. The new Your Library sidebar improves nav...

Sidebar Tips.png Desktop Sidebar Compact View.png Compact Layout.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 3 likes

Solved!! Spotify free: Music stops on MAC

Edited: Thank you very much everyone for helping! Finally I managed to correct the error and the steps are those that DerpyNerd offered and highlighted as a solution. Hi! I have a MacBook Pro, and for a week now I have a problem with the desktop app....

• Casual Listener
  • bfteach
  • Regular
  • 19 replies
  • 1 likes
  • music stops
  • 19 replies
  • 1 likes

[Mac] Troubleshooting Spotify

Having trouble with Spotify on your Desktop app? Here’s what to try first. Search the Community Someone might have asked your question on the Community before. So type your issue into the search box and have a look. Tip: Don't forget to check our Spo...

• Spotify Legend
  • 0 replies
  • 34 likes
  • Mac
  • 0 replies
  • 34 likes

Songs that are available on my phone are 'unavailable' on my mac

PlanPremiumCountry AustraliaDeviceMacbook Pro late 2013Operating Systemlatest ios My Question or Issue For some reason, whilst all songs are available on my phone, when i play through my mac a load of songs that i usually listen to refuse to play and...

• Plan Premium Country  Australia Device Macbook Pro late 2013 Operating System latest ios   My Question or Issue  For some reason, whilst all songs are available on my phone, ...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Editing a playlist on Mac without affecting playlist on iPod touch?

Premium Plan in USA On Macbook Air & iPod TouchI'm new to Spotify and wondering if I can edit a playlist on the mac without affecting what's playing on the other attached device (iPod Touch). Is there any way to do this? Thanks for any pointers.

• Casual Listener
  •   Premium Plan in USA  On Macbook Air & iPod Touch I'm new to Spotify and wondering if I can edit a playlist on the mac without affecting what's playing on the other a...
  • Bethany_Dawn
  • Community Legend
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

*SOLVED*

my issue was solved and idk how to delete this so just ignore

• my issue was solved and idk how to delete this so just ignore 🙂
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Import from iTunes

Hello All, I am aware there are guides detailing how to add my local music to Spotify however, it does not work for me. I have managed to add iTunes as a local source and when viewing my local files in Spotify I can see them all however, I cannot add...

• Casual Listener
  • Hello All,   I am aware there are guides detailing how to add my local music to Spotify however, it does not work for me.   I have managed to add iTunes as a local source and when viewi...
  • JanDC
  • Regular
  • 3 replies
  • 4 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 4 likes

[Bug] Reordering a whole folder under Playlists Section

Attempting to reorder a folder in Playlist section causes drag/reorder function to be disabled? I'm trying to organize my playlists list on the sidebar and can drag and reorder single playlists just fine. However, when I attempt to drag and reorder a...

• Attempting to reorder a folder in Playlist section causes drag/reorder function to be disabled?   I'm trying to organize my playlists list on the sidebar and can drag and reorder single playli...
  • tetef
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes
  • bug
    Bug Playlist
    Desktop
    folder
    ordering
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes

Friend activity feed not showing all friends?

So basically the friend activity feed usually works perfect for me it's just with one or two people we can't seem to see each others music instead they just show up in the more friends section for a bit and then dissapear. I've tried following and un...

• So basically the friend activity feed usually works perfect for me it's just with one or two people we can't seem to see each others music instead they just show up in the more friends section for a ...
  • ajetli
  • 3 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 3 likes

Having the "Can't play the current song" issue

I am on a 2017 Mac Book Pro (High Sierra OS) and I have a premium account. I was listening to music this morning with no problem, but this afternoon, all I am getting for any song choice is the error message: "Can't play the current song". There are ...

•   I am on a 2017 Mac Book Pro (High Sierra OS) and I have a premium account.  I was listening to music this morning with no problem, but this afternoon, all I am getting for any song choic...
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes

Version 0.8.5 stopped synchronizing playlists (= stopped working)

I have to use an old version (old computer, old programs... have to use OS 10.5.8 and Spotify 0.8.5 was the last Spotify version to connect etc etc..) Paying Spotify user for 5+ years. Version 0.8.5 has worked fine for years, but stopped just now (20...

• Music Fan
  • I have to use an old version (old computer, old programs... have to use OS 10.5.8 and Spotify 0.8.5 was the last Spotify version to connect etc etc..) Paying Spotify user for 5+ years.   Versi...
  • Snabeldrake
  • Regular
  • 5 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 5 replies
  • 1 likes

Can't drag and drop songs into playlists

I don't know exaclty when this started happening, but I was used to drag and drop a song into my playlists with no problem in my Spotify app for Mac, now I just can't. The only way I manage to include a song into my playlist is by right click > add t...

• Regular
  • I don't know exaclty when this started happening, but I was used to drag and drop a song into my playlists with no problem in my Spotify app for Mac, now I just can't. The only way I manage to includ...
  • get_nick
  • 17 replies
  • 10 likes
  • Mac
  • 17 replies
  • 10 likes

Navegação e buscas pára de funcionar de repente

PlanPremiumCountryBrasilDevice(iPhone 5s, Imac)Operating System(iOS 10, Sierra) My Question or IssueQuando faço muitas buscas no Spotify, chega um momento em que ele fica na tela carregando e trava. Daí tenho que reiniciar para voltar a funcionar.Não...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country Brasil Device (iPhone 5s, Imac) Operating System (iOS 10, Sierra)   My Question or Issue Quando faço muitas buscas no Spotify, chega um momento em que ele fi...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Meu nome não aparece nos resultados de busca.

PlanPremiumCountryBrasilDevice(iPhone 5s, Imac)Operating System(iOS 10, Sierra) My Question or IssueNão Consigo Encontrar meu perfil Ao busca-lo no Spotify. O resultado da Pesquisa e sempre Nenhum.

• Casual Listener
  •   Plan Premium Country Brasil Device (iPhone 5s, Imac) Operating System (iOS 10, Sierra)   My Question or Issue Não Consigo Encontrar meu perfil Ao busca-lo no Spotify. O re...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify not loading album art and songs, also is going offline when I open the app

PlanPremiumCountry USDeviceMacBook Air (Mid 2012)Operating SystemOS X Yosemite My Question or Issue I have a strong internet connection yet when I open the Spotify app it is automatically set to offline until I turn my wifi off and on. When it finall...

• Plan Premium Country  US Device MacBook Air (Mid 2012) Operating System OS X Yosemite   My Question or Issue  I have a strong internet connection yet when I open the Spotify ...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Hardware volume control Vs. Software volume control

What is the proper way to control the volume of the music without reducing the quality? Which method does spotify use to control the volume via. built in software control? It is my understanding that in order to keep the music in its original state o...

• Roadie
  •      What is the proper way to control the volume of the music without reducing the quality? Which method does spotify use to control the volume via. built in software control?  ...
  • josephcreed7
  • Roadie
  • 9 replies
  • 3 likes
  • Mac
    Windows
  • 9 replies
  • 3 likes

ntlm or kerberos support

PlanPremiumCountryGermany DeviceMacbook Pro late 2016Operating System MacOSXMy Question or IssueHello,the proxy at work is not detected automatically by the app. if I apply the proxy manual (type http) the connection unfortunately does not work eithe...

• Plan Premium Country Germany  Device Macbook Pro late 2016 Operating System  MacOSX My Question or Issue Hello, the proxy at work is not detected automatically by the app. if I ap...
  • 0 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 2 likes

Open on startup setting resets to "minimised"

PlanPremiumCountryAustralia DeviceMacbook Pro 2017Operating SystemMacOS High Sierra My Question or IssueI continually go into the Spotify advanced settings in the Mac desktop app and for "Open Spotify automatically you log into the computer" I change...

• Plan Premium Country Australia    Device Macbook Pro 2017 Operating System MacOS High Sierra   My Question or Issue I continually go into the Spotify advanced settings in th...
  • Bethany_Dawn
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Mac Desktop player Volume control and "Devices Available" issues.

Country USA Operating System(iOS 10.13.4) My Question or Issue I have a brand new imac set up with the latest os and Spotify desktop player installed. The rewind / play / forward control buttons on my apple keyboard is not working. When I click on th...

• Casual Listener
  •   Country USA     Operating System (iOS 10.13.4)   My Question or Issue  I have a brand new imac set up with the latest os and Spotify desktop player instal...
  • shereevargas
  • 3 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 1 likes

Frame drops with Hardware Acceleration enabled

Why does Hardware Acceleration make scrolling so laggy on my MBP (Retina 2012) ? I get about 50% less frames when enabled.Is this a Chromium or GPU issue? I'll leave it on disabled... for now.

• Why does Hardware Acceleration make scrolling so laggy on my MBP (Retina 2012) ? I get about 50% less frames when enabled. Is this a Chromium or GPU issue?   I'll leave it on disabled... for ...
  • CyberMondo9732
  • Gig Goer
  • 1 replies
  • 2 likes
  • performance
  • 1 replies
  • 2 likes

Add more personal options to email and connect

I work aiming to improve the customer experience for a living. One of the biggest things I noticed is that there is no easy way to reach a customer support team member at Spotify. I just canceled my subscription and was very delighted when I saw the ...

•    I work aiming to improve the customer experience for a living. One of the biggest things I noticed is that there is no easy way to reach a customer support team member at Spotify. I jus...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Import iTunes Playlist has disappeared

I use my iTunes as my main music player - but use Spotify while I am out as there are playlists going back years on iTunes that I don't want to re-do from scratch. The ability to 'import playlist' has suddenly disappered. Why? Is it coming back? How ...

• Casual Listener
  • I use my iTunes as my main music player - but use Spotify while I am out as there are playlists going back years on iTunes that I don't want to re-do from scratch.   The ability to 'import pla...
  • heshanindra
  • Regular
  • 9 replies
  • 2 likes
  • Mac
  • 9 replies
  • 2 likes

"New Releases For You" disappeared temporarily from OSX Spotify app

Did this happen to anybody else?I'm scared they'll finally axe it for good so you can only look at new releases from popular artists.This is a photo of what disappeared

Screen Shot 2018-05-30 at 9.41.39 AM.png
  • Casual Listener
  • Did this happen to anybody else? I'm scared they'll finally axe it for good so you can only look at new releases from popular artists. This is a photo of what disappeared  
  • philippstangl
  • Regular
  • 3 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 1 likes