Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Desktop (Mac)

Discuss Spotify for Mac

Start a topic

Forum Posts

Jam now available on Desktop

Spotify is bringing Jam to the desktop app! 拾 ️ Now you can start or join a listening party with your friends, family, colleagues, and classmates, with the Spotify desktop app in addition to the mobile app. Although you can listen on your own, Jam in...

Start Jam Menu - Desktop App.png Queue Right Sidebar.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

New "Now Playing View" sidebar

Spotify is introducing a new "Now Playing View" sidebar in the desktop app and Web Player to go along with the recently released "Your Library" sidebar. The Now Playing View in the right sidebar shows the album art and info of the current song or pod...

• Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

New Your Library sidebar

Spotify is introducing a new Your Library sidebar in the desktop app and Web Player. The new Your Library sidebar is rolling out to all desktop users now, so you will be seeing it soon if you haven't already. The new Your Library sidebar improves nav...

Sidebar Tips.png Desktop Sidebar Compact View.png Compact Layout.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 3 likes

Solved!! Spotify free: Music stops on MAC

Edited: Thank you very much everyone for helping! Finally I managed to correct the error and the steps are those that DerpyNerd offered and highlighted as a solution. Hi! I have a MacBook Pro, and for a week now I have a problem with the desktop app....

• Casual Listener
  • bfteach
  • Regular
  • 19 replies
  • 1 likes
  • music stops
  • 19 replies
  • 1 likes

[Mac] Troubleshooting Spotify

Having trouble with Spotify on your Desktop app? Here’s what to try first. Search the Community Someone might have asked your question on the Community before. So type your issue into the search box and have a look. Tip: Don't forget to check our Spo...

• Spotify Legend
  • 0 replies
  • 35 likes
  • Mac
  • 0 replies
  • 35 likes

[Discussion][ALL Platforms] The New UI concept

Hi everyone, The new UI is really clean but it still feels exactly the same. I was checking Behance as I usually do and came across this concept by Gabrielle Nguyen:https://www.behance.net/gallery/56534635/Spotify-UI-Redesign-Concept It was nice and ...

• Community Legend
  • Hi everyone,   The new UI is really clean but it still feels exactly the same.  I was checking Behance as I usually do and came across this concept by  Gabrielle Nguyen: https://w...
  • 0 replies
  • 2 likes
  • All Platforms
    Discussion
  • 0 replies
  • 2 likes

Confusing Tick Button

Hello, The "add to library" icon is now a tick icon instead of plus button, but it is very confusing. Because the plus button is still used to add a song to the library in playlists/albums (on the main column) but it is different on the left bottom s...

• Visitor
  • Hello,   The "add to library" icon is now a tick icon instead of plus button, but it is very confusing. Because the plus button is still used to add a song to the library in playlists/albums (...
  • user-removed
  • Not applicable
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes

Spotify Connect disconnects from Samsung R6 Speakers after a few minutes

PlanPremiumCountryGermanyDevice(iPhone 6, Macbook Pro late 2011)Operating System(iOS 11.4, macOS 10.13.5 My Question or IssueI have 2 Samsung R6 Wireless 360° Smart Speakers connected to my wifi. They work perfectly with every other wifi service, suc...

• Plan Premium Country Germany Device (iPhone 6, Macbook Pro late 2011) Operating System (iOS 11.4, macOS 10.13.5   My Question or Issue I have 2 Samsung R6 Wireless 360° Smart Spea...
  • 0 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 2 likes

Can't Upload Local Files

PlanPremiumCountryUS DeviceMacbook Pro (2016)Operating SystemHigh Sierra My Question or Issue I downloaded a song from bandcamp but cannot upload it as a local file. I can't even select the file in the finder drop-down menu that happens when I go to ...

• Plan Premium Country US   Device Macbook Pro (2016) Operating System High Sierra   My Question or Issue  I downloaded a song from bandcamp but cannot upload it as a local fi...
  • Bethany_Dawn
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

How to disconnect from a remote speaker Mac OS X, Spotify Premium

PlanPremiumCountryUSA DeviceMac ProOperating SystemOSX My Question or IssueOne of the speakers in my list belongs to a friend who lives 30 miles away. I set up her Google Mini for her, and then to test it, I played Spotify from my phone while logged ...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country USA   Device Mac Pro Operating System OSX   My Question or Issue One of the speakers in my list belongs to a friend who lives 30 miles away.  I set up h...
  • Bethany_Dawn
  • Community Legend
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

Album art not showing up next to song

I accidentally did something on the spotify app on my macbook air, and now when I play a song, the album art is not next to it. An example is attached. If anyone knows how to fix this please let me know, thanks.

• Regular
  • I accidentally did something on the spotify app on my macbook air, and now when I play a song, the album art is not next to it. An example is attached. If anyone knows how to fix this please let...
  • n59dm-_yu2ywa
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Songs Skipping

I have Spotify Premium downloaded on all my devices, but I'm having problems with it on my iMac (running macOS High Sierra version 10.13.5). Songs will start playing fine, then about 35 seconds in they'll skip to a point about 3/4 way through the son...

•   I have Spotify Premium downloaded on all my devices, but I'm having problems with it on my iMac (running macOS High Sierra version 10.13.5).   Songs will start playing fine, then about...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! How to go to current song without album artwork?

Updated Spotify today, and it seems they've done away with the album artwork of the currently playing song in the bottom left corner...I see a couple other people have posted about that. Personally, I'll miss having that there, but what actually both...

• Casual Listener
  • Updated Spotify today, and it seems they've done away with the album artwork of the currently playing song in the bottom left corner...I see a couple other people have posted about that. Personally, ...
  • Jade_H
  • 4 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 2 likes

Song Picture in Spotify for Mac

Hello there guys. I just wanted to know something, in the past days I checked that the song used to have their picture and could be maximized. Just wanted to check if any of you has an idea on how to configure that to bring it back. PlanPremium Devic...

• Hello there guys.  I just wanted to know something, in the past days I checked that the song used to have their picture and could be maximized.   Just wanted to check if any of you has a...
  • haystackrock
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

ARCTIC MONKEYS TRANQUILITY BASE PLAYBACK PROBLEM ON MAC OS

Hey, I am having problem, for a few days now, playing Arctic Monkeys new album on my Mac App. I've tried the browser as well - same thing. The only place i can listen to it, is on my phone, where the album is downloaded, I don't know if that actually...

• Hey,   I am having problem, for a few days now, playing Arctic Monkeys new album on my Mac App. I've tried the browser as well - same thing. The only place i can listen to it, is on my phone, ...
  • csutton107
  • Casual Listener
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Itunes and spotify, which tracks do i have?

PlanPremiumCountryUK DeviceIPHONE 7Operating SystemHIGH OS SIERRA My Question or IssueWould there be a quick way to see which of my itunes tracks are in the spotify catalog? any in built software or third party programs?thankshesh

• Regular
  • Plan Premium Country UK  Device IPHONE 7 Operating System HIGH OS SIERRA   My Question or Issue Would there be a quick way to see which of my itunes tracks are in the spotify cata...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Editing music on Spotify

Hello. I am currently an apple music user. Although apple music is nice, I like Spotify better just in general. It does a better job than apple at music personalization, radio, etc. however, the only thing keeping me away from Spotify is that seems l...

• Hello. I am currently an apple music user. Although apple music is nice, I like Spotify better just in general. It does a better job than apple at music personalization, radio, etc. however, the...
  • Bethany_Dawn
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Local files and playlists

PlanFree/Premium familyCountry UK Deviceiphone 7Operating SystemMac high sierra My Question or Issuei am new to spotify. I apologise if this has been posted, but i cannot find a similar post elsewhere. I have several albums on itunes that are not on ...

• Regular
  • Plan Free/Premium family Country UK   Device iphone 7 Operating System Mac high sierra   My Question or Issue i am new to spotify. I apologise if this has been posted, but i canno...
  • heshanindra
  • Regular
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

how to download / import itunes playlists?

hi i m trying to export my itunes playlist. I ve seen you need to thick the box "share XLM library file" in itunes. Which i did (picture 1). Then in Spotify, in the "file" menu it should be a "import playlists" possibility. But it doesn't appear on m...

• Regular
  • hi    i m trying to export my itunes playlist. I ve seen you need to thick the box "share XLM library file" in itunes. Which i did (picture 1). Then in Spotify, in the "file" menu it shou...
  • mannypenny
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Profile and playlists do not appear on search - account linked to Facebook

PlanPremiumCountryTurkeyDevice(iPhone X, Macbook Air late 2016)Operating System(iOS 11) My Question or Issue Hi. I have recently realized that my friends cannot find my profile or my playlists through searching my name (or the name of the playlists)....

• Casual Listener
  • ...ave close to 100 followers and many public playlists.   My ID: spotify:user:1246259121   Why do you think my profile cannot be found through search?    Thanks. Can  
  • Loxer
  • Community Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

problems to listen in mac ... no load

problems to listen in mac application ... no load remains loading without being able to select music for 1 week

• Casual Listener
  • problems to listen in mac application ... no load remains loading without being able to select music for 1 week
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Album art not showing up next to song

PlanPremiumCountry USDeviceMacbook airOperating System(iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.) My Question or Issue i clicked the down arrow on the album cover to minimize it like it usually does, but this time it completely disappeared and i have no ...

• Plan Premium Country  US Device Macbook air Operating System (iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.)   My Question or Issue  i clicked the down arrow on the album cover ...
  • surgeonsprinces
  • Casual Listener
  • 4 replies
  • 4 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 4 likes

Converting/replacing 'local' files with online/Spotify versions

Hi I have a playlist in Spotify of over 700 tracks imported from iTunes, all of which were 'local' files. Sadly, due to a hardware failure I've since lost my iTunes library. Is there any way to do a search or scan to replace the 'local' files in the ...

• Hi   I have a playlist in Spotify of over 700 tracks imported from iTunes, all of which were 'local' files. Sadly, due to a hardware failure I've since lost my iTunes library.    I...
  • Bethany_Dawn
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

Solved!! deleting songs from library

There are all these RANDOM songs in my library that I can't get rid of!Help.

• There are all these RANDOM songs in my library that I can't get rid of! Help.
  • user-removed
  • Not applicable
  • 28 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 28 replies
  • 3 likes

Songs Purchased from iTunes Store Will Not Play

PlanPremiumCountryUnited States of AmericaDeviceiMac mid-2017Operating SystemMacOS High Sierra 10.13.4 My Question or IssueHello. I've had Spotify Premium for about 3-4 weeks now, so I hope you can tell me what I'm doing wrong. I have successfully li...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country United States of America Device iMac mid-2017 Operating System MacOS High Sierra 10.13.4   My Question or Issue Hello. I've had Spotify Premium for about 3-4 weeks...
  • Loxer
  • Community Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes