Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Desktop (Mac)

Discuss Spotify for Mac

Start a topic

Forum Posts

Jam now available on Desktop

Spotify is bringing Jam to the desktop app! 拾 ️ Now you can start or join a listening party with your friends, family, colleagues, and classmates, with the Spotify desktop app in addition to the mobile app. Although you can listen on your own, Jam in...

Start Jam Menu - Desktop App.png Queue Right Sidebar.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

New "Now Playing View" sidebar

Spotify is introducing a new "Now Playing View" sidebar in the desktop app and Web Player to go along with the recently released "Your Library" sidebar. The Now Playing View in the right sidebar shows the album art and info of the current song or pod...

• Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

New Your Library sidebar

Spotify is introducing a new Your Library sidebar in the desktop app and Web Player. The new Your Library sidebar is rolling out to all desktop users now, so you will be seeing it soon if you haven't already. The new Your Library sidebar improves nav...

Sidebar Tips.png Desktop Sidebar Compact View.png Compact Layout.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 3 likes

Solved!! Spotify free: Music stops on MAC

Edited: Thank you very much everyone for helping! Finally I managed to correct the error and the steps are those that DerpyNerd offered and highlighted as a solution. Hi! I have a MacBook Pro, and for a week now I have a problem with the desktop app....

• Casual Listener
  • bfteach
  • Regular
  • 19 replies
  • 1 likes
  • music stops
  • 19 replies
  • 1 likes

[Mac] Troubleshooting Spotify

Having trouble with Spotify on your Desktop app? Here’s what to try first. Search the Community Someone might have asked your question on the Community before. So type your issue into the search box and have a look. Tip: Don't forget to check our Spo...

• Spotify Legend
  • 0 replies
  • 34 likes
  • Mac
  • 0 replies
  • 34 likes

Spotify doesn't recognize Chromecast on Mac laptop (fine otherwise).

Just as the subject heading says, when using my Macbook Pro (13", 2017) the Spotify app does not see any of my the Chromecast devices I have set up in my home. Yet Spotify + Chromecast works just fine on my desktop Mac, and on my iPhone. Also, I can ...

• Casual Listener
  • Just as the subject heading says, when using my Macbook Pro (13", 2017) the Spotify app does not see any of my the Chromecast devices I have set up in my home. Yet Spotify + Chromecast works jus...
  • 0 replies
  • 10 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 10 likes

Weekly Playlists are different between desktop (mac) and mobile

My previous question was left unanswered for a few weeks, and counting, so I'll repost with what has changed. My original problem was that my weekly playlists were visible from the android app and not the desktop and web clients. Last week the deskto...

• Visitor
  • My previous question was left unanswered for a few weeks, and counting, so I'll repost with what has changed.   My original problem was that my weekly playlists were visible from the android a...
  • maximenemy
  • Roadie
  • 3 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 1 likes

Daily Mix not working

I am a 1 month user of spotify premium, but had account for some years. All fine. But on my desktop app the daily mix says you appear to be offline. But I'm online. On my iphone and ipad it says Daily Mix coming soon. I've restared both apps, deleted...

• Casual Listener
  • I am a 1 month user of spotify premium, but had account for some years.  All fine.  But on my desktop app the daily mix says you appear to be offline.  But I'm online.   On my i...
  • lozjos
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes

Can't repeat single track when streaming with Spotify Connect to Bose SoundTouch

When I am using spotify with my iPhone or Mac, I can either reapeat the whole playlist or the one track (a small "1" shows up), which is currently playing. BUT....As soon as i activate the Streaming option (Spotify Connect to a Bose SoundTouch System...

• When I am using spotify with my iPhone or Mac, I can either reapeat the whole playlist or the one track (a small "1" shows up), which is currently playing.    BUT.... As soon as i activa...
  • alivogia
  • 1 replies
  • 4 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 4 likes

Song removals on Spotify

I am getting really sick of songs on my playlists disappearing. I know this is probably happening because of licensing issues with song or recording copyright holders and is not Spotify's direct fault per se. But it is very frustrating and, if more e...

• Casual Listener
  • I am getting really sick of songs on my playlists disappearing.  I know this is probably happening because of licensing issues with song or recording copyright holders and is not Spotify's direc...
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Discover Weekly Hasn't Updated Since 2015, Nothing Syncs

I've been a spotify member since 2015, and when I recently (this month) signed up for premium, I expected a little more, like updated Discover playlists and syncing between phone and desktop apps (recently played, playlists, etc.) I have tried going ...

• I've been a spotify member since 2015, and when I recently (this month) signed up for premium, I expected a little more, like updated Discover playlists and syncing between phone and desktop apps (re...
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Discover Weekly and Radar Release playlists not updating

Hi! Last Friday my Radar Release playlist didn't update (it updated during the weekend) and today my Discover Weekly playlist hasn't yet been updated.I have tried on desktop (Windows), iPhone and web, restarting the app and checking if my location ti...

• Hi! Last Friday my Radar Release playlist didn't update (it updated during the weekend) and today my Discover Weekly playlist hasn't yet been updated. I have tried on desktop (Windows), iPhone and w...
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes

DISCOVER MODE - NEW RELEASES

A very small amount of my "DISCOVER" mode seems to be related to the country I live in and not the music I listen to or the artists I follow. It was a feature that seemed to be very on point at first and has now got some very generalizing algorithms ...

• A very small amount of my "DISCOVER" mode seems to be related to the country I live in and not the music I listen to or the artists I follow. It was a feature that seemed to be very on point at first...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Can't download a playlist to another computer

Hello I use Spotify prenium on three of my devices, a windows pc, a mac and my iphone. I added local files to a playlist. on my iphone I was able to download the playlist in question but on my mac it does not matter, it's still waiting. I tried to re...

• Casual Listener
  • Hello I use Spotify prenium on three of my devices, a windows pc, a mac and my iphone. I added local files to a playlist. on my iphone I was able to download the playlist in question but on my mac it...
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Alphabetize Playlist in Desktop app

I find it interesting that I can do this via the Iphone app, but that I cannot do it in the Desktop app. Additionally it would be great for both to sync- so if I change the order on one device it would refelct on the other. Does anyone know how to ch...

• I find it interesting that I can do this via the Iphone app, but that I cannot do it in the Desktop app. Additionally it would be great for both to sync- so if I change the order on one device it wou...
  • beachguy90292
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

added songs out of order

the songs i've added to my library are out of order. i've logged out, logged back in, deleted and redownloaded the app. it's driving me crazy please help me fix it

Screen Shot 2018-04-29 at 6.59.43 PM.png Screen Shot 2018-04-29 at 6.59.57 PM.png Screen Shot 2018-04-29 at 7.00.08 PM.png
  • the songs i've added to my library are out of order. i've logged out, logged back in, deleted and redownloaded the app. it's driving me crazy please help me fix it
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

spotify on mac keeps crashing when I open it

I am using a MAC computer and everytime I open spotify it imediately crashes. I have turned off and on my computer and it didnt help. What do I do?

• I am using a MAC computer and everytime I open spotify it imediately crashes. I have turned off and on my computer and it didnt help. What do I do?
  • 0 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 3 likes

How to "replace" my own music for Spotify music ?

Hello guys, I'm new on spotify and I need some help. I add to my spotify my old library (around 1400 songs) and i would like to "replace" them for the one of Spotify because metadatas are wrong. For example, I have "Harder, Better, Faster, Stronger" ...

• Hello guys,   I'm new on spotify and I need some help. I add to my spotify my old library (around 1400 songs) and i would like to "replace" them for the one of Spotify because metada...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Playback pausing when imac sleeps

Did a pram reset on my imac and now when the computer goes to sleep, Spotify stops playing. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

• Did a pram reset on my imac and now when the computer goes to sleep, Spotify stops playing. Any help would be greatly appreciated! 
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

"publish my activity on spotify" resetting to 'off' every time the desktop application is closed.

The subject of this post exhausts all the content of my issue. Can someone help me get this to stop happening? It's preeeetttyy annoying having to go in and switch it back on every time I open the app. Thanks in advance for any help!!

• Visitor
  • The subject of this post exhausts all the content of my issue. Can someone help me get this to stop happening? It's preeeetttyy annoying having to go in and switch it back on every time I open the ap...
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

I cant publish my activity on Spotify.

For some reason it doesnt save the change when i turn it on, and im not in a private session. Does anybody knows what could i do? Other changes in Display Options or anything else are working. Its just the changes i make on the "Social" settings that...

• For some reason it doesnt save the change when i turn it on, and im not in a private session. Does anybody knows what could i do? Other changes in Display Options or anything else are working. Its ju...
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 2 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 2 likes

mp3

Is there anyway to add a mp3 song to my Spotify library?

• Roadie
  • Is there anyway to add a mp3 song to my Spotify library?
  • deanpastrello
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

songs

When I click on my "songs" tab, there is a list of random songs that I did not download. Why wont it show all the songs from all my playlists in one spot?

• Roadie
  • When I click on my "songs" tab, there is a list of random songs that I did not download. Why wont it show all the songs from all my playlists in one spot?
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

everytime spotify starts up it starts up with the same song

its been going on for days. everytime my windows pc starts its from the same song no matter what i listened to before i turned off my pc.can someone help ,please? Thank you

• its been going on for days. everytime my windows pc starts its from the same song no matter what i listened to before i turned off my pc. can someone help ,please?   Thank you
  • kaitlynk
  • Roadie
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes