Announcements

Desktop (Mac)

Discuss Spotify for Mac

Start a topic

Forum Posts

Solved!! Spotify free: Music stops on MAC

Edited: Thank you very much everyone for helping! Finally I managed to correct the error and the steps are those that DerpyNerd offered and highlighted as a solution. Hi! I have a MacBook Pro, and for a week now I have a problem with the desktop app....

• Casual Listener
  • dtulman14
  • Casual Listener
  • 15 replies
  • 1 likes
  • Error
    music stops
  • 15 replies
  • 1 likes

[Mac] Troubleshooting Spotify

Having trouble with Spotify on your Desktop app? Here’s what to try first. Search the Community Someone might have asked your question on the Community before. So type your issue into the search box and have a look. Tip: Don't forget to check our Spo...

• Spotify Legend
  • 0 replies
  • 34 likes
  • Mac
  • 0 replies
  • 34 likes

Re-Install cannot be installed.

My spotify icon on my desktop appeared with a Question mark symbol in front of it one day. I was asked to re install Spotify. When I go to download the installer I am not able to get anywhere past the installer loading (the loading blue bar that grow...

• My spotify icon on my desktop appeared with a Question mark symbol in front of it one day. I was asked to re install Spotify. When I go to download the installer I am not able to get anywhere past th...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

playlist import

Hi,i´m using version 1.0.74.380.g1fcff12a on a mac.In the desktop menu there is no more opportunity to import a playlist from itunes...I changed the itunes xml file name and the location, so that spotify will find the itunes xml to import from No LUC...

• Visitor
  • Hi, i´m using version 1.0.74.380.g1fcff12a on a mac. In the desktop menu there is no more opportunity to import a playlist from itunes... I changed the itunes xml file name and the location, ...
  • greycobalt
  • Regular
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

"Can't play the current song." error in MacBook pro

Every time I try to play a song on my macbook, I get the error "Can't play the current song." Spotify still works on my iphone... I've tried twice restarting and I re-installed Spotify and still same error. I have researched solutions and found none....

• Every time I try to play a song on my macbook, I get the error "Can't play the current song." Spotify still works on my iphone... I've tried twice restarting and I re-installed Spotify and still same...
  • sascha_maree
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes

Solved!!Superuser Contribution Find Current Playlist

Hi There. I'm listening to a playlist that I found in the 'Browse' section that I reallly like. The issue is, I can't find the current playlist that is playing. I can find the individual songs, but can't figure out how to get back to the playlist its...

• Visitor
  • Hi There. I'm listening to a playlist that I found in the 'Browse' section that I reallly like. The issue is, I can't find the current playlist that is playing. I can find the individual songs, but c...
  • autoboat2
  • Regular
  • 51 replies
  • 20 likes
  • 51 replies
  • 20 likes

Song skipping after ~ 30 seconds. Sometimes playing a specific artist I didn't select

This only started within the past 2 weeks, but I have been having trouble playing a consistent playlist without the song skipping every 30 seconds. Last night I was listening to KCRW's Top Songs playlist, and after 30 seconds or so the song would ski...

• This only started within the past 2 weeks, but I have been having trouble playing a consistent playlist without the song skipping every 30 seconds. Last night I was listening to KCRW's Top Songs play...
  • charlyje
  • 3 replies
  • 1 likes
  • Android
    Mac
  • 3 replies
  • 1 likes

Mac client startup very slow

Dear Spotify, Could you please fix the startup problem with the desktop app on MacOS (even on Windows sometimes).Startup is going well but it takes at least 3 minutes before Spotify is fully loaded (pages, playlists etc.). In an older topic is a solu...

• Dear Spotify,   Could you please fix the startup problem with the desktop app on MacOS (even on Windows sometimes). Startup is going well but it takes at least 3 minutes before Spotify i...
  • jillybean525
  • 2 replies
  • 8 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 8 likes

Solved!! Why does spotify desktop suck on mac?

I've deleted the program and re-installed it about a dozen times the past few months. Works extremely well on my old PC laptop. Never has issues. It freezes between songs, can't load playlists I'm searching for, can't sync with my phone, and delays o...

• Casual Listener
  • I've deleted the program and re-installed it about a dozen times the past few months. Works extremely well on my old PC laptop. Never has issues.    It freezes between songs, can't load p...
  • Boomer222
  • Casual Listener
  • 5 replies
  • 5 likes
  • 5 replies
  • 5 likes

Can't download songs with Spotify Premium

I was adding a song to one of my playlists which I set o download, waited it for ages to finish downloading and it never finished. I started to have this problem since yesterday. Oh btw, I tried to unset and set the playlist to download and any of my...

• Casual Listener
  • I was adding a song to one of my playlists which I set o download, waited it for ages to finish downloading and it never finished. I started to have this problem since yesterday.   Oh btw, I t...
  • ZilongZhan
  • Casual Listener
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Spotify Connect not working on Pioneer XW-SMA3

Hi guys, So after a clean install of Spotify (even after AppCleaner) and a quick reboot of my Router and even plugging my speaker into LAN mode, I believe I have exhausted all my options. Has Spotify updated as of recently? This functionality worked ...

• Visitor
  • Hi guys,   So after a clean install of Spotify (even after AppCleaner) and a quick reboot of my Router and even plugging my speaker into LAN mode, I believe I have exhausted all my options. &...
  • z2000z
  • Regular
  • 13 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 13 replies
  • 0 likes

Shuffle on Big Playlists with Google Home

Not much to say other than that this feature is absolutely broken. Here's the steps to reproduce:Open Spotify app on androidClick on "Devices Available" and connect to my Google Home as the active deviceClick a song near the bottom of a playlist with...

• Casual Listener
  • Not much to say other than that this feature is absolutely broken. Here's the steps to reproduce: Open Spotify app on android Click on "Devices Available" and connect to my Google Home as the...
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 8 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 8 likes

Songs not being downloaded to the correct location

I have two disk drives in my macbook pro, in spotify I have it set so it saves songs to my secondary drive, yet I just downloaded a lot of tracks and it's filled up my primary drive (a small SSD) meaning that I'm now almost out of space. I also can't...

• Casual Listener
  • I have two disk drives in my macbook pro, in spotify I have it set so it saves songs to my secondary drive, yet I just downloaded a lot of tracks and it's filled up my primary drive (a small SSD) mea...
  • cgreive
  • Casual Listener
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

com.spotify.client is six gigs

My ~/Library/Caches/com.spotify.client/ folder is over six gigs. What's in here? How can I reduce the amount of space this folder is taking?

• My ~/Library/Caches/com.spotify.client/ folder is over six gigs. What's in here? How can I reduce the amount of space this folder is taking?
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

songs unavailable

I had a playlist set up in itunes that i imported to spotify. Now, only 4/6 songs are available to play. I'm not sure what the issue is or how to fix it. There's nothing different about the files from the others that would make it unavailable

• I had a playlist set up in itunes that i imported to spotify. Now, only 4/6 songs are available to play. I'm not sure what the issue is or how to fix it. There's nothing different about the files fro...
  • caszriel
  • Composer
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Strange songs forcibly playing themselves

Hi. So today I was just watching Netflix and all of a sudden this random techno music starts playing. I found it was on Spotify and I had no clue what it was. I have never listened to it, never clicked it, never seen it. I paused it multiple times an...

• Regular
  • Hi.   So today I was just watching Netflix and all of a sudden this random techno music starts playing. I found it was on Spotify and I had no clue what it was. I have never listened to it, ne...
  • Hubo
  • Community Legend
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes

ads playing abruptly during music

This is a recent development: not only do ads sometimes kick in while the music is still playing, right now I have spotify paused and it's trying to randomly play an ad (at twice the volume, no less) while it's still PAUSED. Like, I get a split-secon...

• Regular
  • This is a recent development: not only do ads sometimes kick in while the music is still playing, right now I have spotify paused and it's trying to randomly play an ad (at twice the volume, no less)...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Local File Podcast?

I have about 12 hours of podcasts saved to local files as mp3's. Is there some way to get Spotify to recognize them as podcasts instead of regular songs? I use Spotify for multiple things so not being able to save my place in a 6 hour podcast makes t...

• I have about 12 hours of podcasts saved to local files as mp3's. Is there some way to get Spotify to recognize them as podcasts instead of regular songs? I use Spotify for multiple things so not bein...
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 3 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 3 likes

Solved!! Add Airplay option to Spotify App (instead having all my computer sounds streamed)

Hi, That will be awesome if you can add the option in Spotify to Airplay the music.I know you can do it using the top menu Airplay icone but the problem using that method is all your computer sound is getting passed to the speakers, and I don't want ...

• Casual Listener
  • Hi,   That will be awesome if you can add the option in Spotify to Airplay the music. I know you can do it using the top menu Airplay icone but the problem using that method is all your compu...
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Disable automatic download for certain device

Because the space of my desktop is so limited and I usually use it with WiFi. I don't want Spotify to automatically download songs. However, I still need it for my mobile phone so that I cannot just simply turn off the DOWNLOAD function of my playlis...

• Because the space of my desktop is so limited and I usually use it with WiFi. I don't want Spotify to automatically download songs. However, I still need it for my mobile phone so that I cannot ...
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Repeat Track Mode Disappeared...

Why can't I repeat a single song?! I do not want to repeat the whole albulm, just the latest song I have stuck in my head. This occurred after I updated spotify enmass through several updates, now have version 1.0.73.345.g6c9971ef. If it's due to the...

• Why can't I repeat a single song?! I do not want to repeat the whole albulm, just the latest song I have stuck in my head.   This occurred after I updated spotify enmass through seve...
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Problemas con chromecast Audio

Hola, no veo el dispositivos chromecast audio desde la APP oficial de Spotify en OSX, He reinstalado y nada, como se puede abirir un caso con los desarrolladores para que solucionen ente problema. Esta demas decir desde la APP en android y Spotify we...

• Hola, no veo el dispositivos chromecast audio desde la APP oficial de Spotify en OSX,  He reinstalado y nada, como se puede abirir un caso con los desarrolladores para que solucionen ente probl...
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes