Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Desktop (Mac)

Discuss Spotify for Mac

Start a topic

Forum Posts

Jam now available on Desktop

Spotify is bringing Jam to the desktop app! 拾 ️ Now you can start or join a listening party with your friends, family, colleagues, and classmates, with the Spotify desktop app in addition to the mobile app. Although you can listen on your own, Jam in...

Start Jam Menu - Desktop App.png Queue Right Sidebar.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

New "Now Playing View" sidebar

Spotify is introducing a new "Now Playing View" sidebar in the desktop app and Web Player to go along with the recently released "Your Library" sidebar. The Now Playing View in the right sidebar shows the album art and info of the current song or pod...

• Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

New Your Library sidebar

Spotify is introducing a new Your Library sidebar in the desktop app and Web Player. The new Your Library sidebar is rolling out to all desktop users now, so you will be seeing it soon if you haven't already. The new Your Library sidebar improves nav...

Sidebar Tips.png Desktop Sidebar Compact View.png Compact Layout.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 3 likes

Solved!! Spotify free: Music stops on MAC

Edited: Thank you very much everyone for helping! Finally I managed to correct the error and the steps are those that DerpyNerd offered and highlighted as a solution. Hi! I have a MacBook Pro, and for a week now I have a problem with the desktop app....

• Casual Listener
  • bfteach
  • Regular
  • 19 replies
  • 1 likes
  • music stops
  • 19 replies
  • 1 likes

[Mac] Troubleshooting Spotify

Having trouble with Spotify on your Desktop app? Here’s what to try first. Search the Community Someone might have asked your question on the Community before. So type your issue into the search box and have a look. Tip: Don't forget to check our Spo...

• Spotify Legend
  • 0 replies
  • 34 likes
  • Mac
  • 0 replies
  • 34 likes

Playback pausing when imac sleeps

Did a pram reset on my imac and now when the computer goes to sleep, Spotify stops playing. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

• Did a pram reset on my imac and now when the computer goes to sleep, Spotify stops playing. Any help would be greatly appreciated! 
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

"publish my activity on spotify" resetting to 'off' every time the desktop application is closed.

The subject of this post exhausts all the content of my issue. Can someone help me get this to stop happening? It's preeeetttyy annoying having to go in and switch it back on every time I open the app. Thanks in advance for any help!!

• Visitor
  • The subject of this post exhausts all the content of my issue. Can someone help me get this to stop happening? It's preeeetttyy annoying having to go in and switch it back on every time I open the ap...
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

I cant publish my activity on Spotify.

For some reason it doesnt save the change when i turn it on, and im not in a private session. Does anybody knows what could i do? Other changes in Display Options or anything else are working. Its just the changes i make on the "Social" settings that...

• For some reason it doesnt save the change when i turn it on, and im not in a private session. Does anybody knows what could i do? Other changes in Display Options or anything else are working. Its ju...
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 2 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 2 likes

mp3

Is there anyway to add a mp3 song to my Spotify library?

• Roadie
  • Is there anyway to add a mp3 song to my Spotify library?
  • deanpastrello
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

songs

When I click on my "songs" tab, there is a list of random songs that I did not download. Why wont it show all the songs from all my playlists in one spot?

• Roadie
  • When I click on my "songs" tab, there is a list of random songs that I did not download. Why wont it show all the songs from all my playlists in one spot?
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

everytime spotify starts up it starts up with the same song

its been going on for days. everytime my windows pc starts its from the same song no matter what i listened to before i turned off my pc.can someone help ,please? Thank you

• its been going on for days. everytime my windows pc starts its from the same song no matter what i listened to before i turned off my pc. can someone help ,please?   Thank you
  • kaitlynk
  • Roadie
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Cant play the current song

So I've been using Spotify without any major problems.Today, when I went to the settings menu, I've turned on the high quality transmission. After that, every single song I play on spotify, freezes after a few seconds and dispaly the message that "ca...

• So I've been using Spotify without any major problems. Today, when I went to the settings menu, I've turned on the high quality transmission.  After that, every single song I play on spotify...
  • kaitlynk
  • Roadie
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Problems with button on Macbook apps

Hi, I use the software on my MacBook 10.13.2. but when i work i can use the button Play and Next, How repare that ? Thank's !!

• Hi,  I use the software on my MacBook 10.13.2. but when i work i can use the button Play and Next,  How repare that ?    Thank's !! 
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Discover weekly songs in different languages

Hello.I personally am a great supporter of spotify. My discover weekly playlists are always great, but recently, diffrent language songs that I neither know nor speak is popping up in my discover weekly section. Can someone help me?By the way, here i...

• Casual Listener
  • Hello. I personally am a great supporter of spotify. My discover weekly playlists are always great, but recently, diffrent language songs that I neither know nor speak is popping up in my discover w...
  • MortezaHosseini
  • Casual Listener
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • Different Language
    Discover Weekly
    language
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

Music Loudness

Spotify isn't playing as loud as it could on desktop when my volume is all the way up, but when I go on the online version its super loud???

• Spotify isn't playing as loud as it could on desktop when my volume is all the way up, but when I go on the online version its super loud???  
  • kaitlynk
  • Roadie
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Add MP3's to Spotify / MP3 Folders to Playlists

Please read carefully I have a huge amount of MP3s from back in the days. I would like to add those to Spotify BUT not integrating the local files into spotify as a link. So I am not looking for spotify to play my local files. I want spotify to recog...

• Casual Listener
  • Please read carefully 😉   I have a huge amount of MP3s from back in the days. I would like to add those to Spotify BUT not integrating the local files into spotify as a link. So I am not look...
  • Nicholas_H
  • Music Fan
  • 2 replies
  • 5 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 5 likes

Can't login to mac spotify app

Firstly the problem started with the spotify app not detecting that I was online, even though everything else on my laptop worked perfectly fine. I did some searching around and tried changing the proxies, deleting caches, and finally reinstalling th...

Screen Shot 2018-02-26 at 5.57.00 pm.png Screen Shot 2018-02-26 at 5.56.07 pm.png Screen Shot 2018-02-26 at 6.01.46 pm.png
  • Casual Listener
  • Firstly the problem started with the spotify app not detecting that I was online, even though everything else on my laptop worked perfectly fine. I did some searching around and tried changing the pr...
  • darrylmn
  • 9 replies
  • 10 likes
  • 9 replies
  • 10 likes

Superuser Contribution Chromecast available from phone but not iMac

I have 4 devices that can play Spotify: PS4, Chromecast, Pixel 2 & iMac. If I open spotify on my Pixel 2 I can select the other devices, assuming they are on.If however I open spotify on my iMac, the chromecast doesnt appear in the device list. I hav...

• I have 4 devices that can play Spotify: PS4, Chromecast, Pixel 2 & iMac.   If I open spotify on my Pixel 2 I can select the other devices, assuming they are on. If however I open spo...
  • congthangitvn
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify Community Rock Star Program

I would like to know how I could possibly join the Rock Star Program because the form no longer works.

• I would like to know how I could possibly join the Rock Star Program because the form no longer works.
  • Keanu_C
  • Community Legend
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Scrolling

For some reason I can't scroll down on a page anymore. Any solutions?

• For some reason I can't scroll down on a page anymore. Any solutions?
  • Nicholas_H
  • Music Fan
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Why is Spotify so incredibly slow???!!!!

I'm on a mac IOS Sierra almos 150GB of free space in HD and my Spotify for desktop is incredibly slow!!! (slower than anyother application I run on the computer) Why this happens? How to fix it???

• Casual Listener
  • I'm on a mac IOS Sierra almos 150GB of free space in HD and my Spotify for desktop is incredibly slow!!! (slower than anyother application I run on the computer)   Why this happens?   H...
  • aidantyler
  • Music Fan
  • 3 replies
  • 4 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 4 likes

Solved!! Play/Pause button MacBook Pro version 10.13.1

My play/pause button on macbook pro doesn't work anymore with spotify. I am running version 10.13.1 and I use firefox as my internet search browser if that has anything to do with it. What should I do? Please help because I love this feature.

• Casual Listener
  • My play/pause button on macbook pro doesn't work anymore with spotify.  I am running version 10.13.1 and I use firefox as my internet search browser if that has anything to do with it.  Wha...
  • Nicholas_H
  • Music Fan
  • 3 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 1 likes

Music Stops After 15 Minutes

Hi folks, I'm running Spotify on an older iMac. It's alwys worked fine, despite the OS (OS X 10.6.8) and the hardware being pretty old. But all of a sudden the last few days the app is just stopping the music after about 15 minutes. When I open the a...

• Hi folks,   I'm running Spotify on an older iMac. It's alwys worked fine, despite the OS (OS X 10.6.8) and the hardware being pretty old.   But all of a sudden the last few days the app...
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Home screen won't load on Mac

I'm running macOS High Sierra and have 1.0.77.338 version of the Spotify app downloaded on my Mac. All of the other tabs and windows load with content with the exception of the home screen, which is completely blank (see attachment). I have tried qui...

• I'm running macOS High Sierra and have 1.0.77.338 version of the Spotify app downloaded on my Mac.     All of the other tabs and windows load with content with the exception of the h...
  • xmen9999
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes