Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Desktop (Mac)

Discuss Spotify for Mac

Start a topic

Forum Posts

Jam now available on Desktop

Spotify is bringing Jam to the desktop app! 拾 ️ Now you can start or join a listening party with your friends, family, colleagues, and classmates, with the Spotify desktop app in addition to the mobile app. Although you can listen on your own, Jam in...

Start Jam Menu - Desktop App.png Queue Right Sidebar.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

New "Now Playing View" sidebar

Spotify is introducing a new "Now Playing View" sidebar in the desktop app and Web Player to go along with the recently released "Your Library" sidebar. The Now Playing View in the right sidebar shows the album art and info of the current song or pod...

• Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

New Your Library sidebar

Spotify is introducing a new Your Library sidebar in the desktop app and Web Player. The new Your Library sidebar is rolling out to all desktop users now, so you will be seeing it soon if you haven't already. The new Your Library sidebar improves nav...

Sidebar Tips.png Desktop Sidebar Compact View.png Compact Layout.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 3 likes

Solved!! Spotify free: Music stops on MAC

Edited: Thank you very much everyone for helping! Finally I managed to correct the error and the steps are those that DerpyNerd offered and highlighted as a solution. Hi! I have a MacBook Pro, and for a week now I have a problem with the desktop app....

• Casual Listener
  • bfteach
  • Regular
  • 19 replies
  • 1 likes
  • music stops
  • 19 replies
  • 1 likes

[Mac] Troubleshooting Spotify

Having trouble with Spotify on your Desktop app? Here’s what to try first. Search the Community Someone might have asked your question on the Community before. So type your issue into the search box and have a look. Tip: Don't forget to check our Spo...

• Spotify Legend
  • 0 replies
  • 34 likes
  • Mac
  • 0 replies
  • 34 likes

Bug on touch bar when skipping back to beginning of track

Not sure if this is a spotify or apple issue but when outside of the spotify app, using the 'equaliser' icon on the touchbar, it expands to show the scrub bar as well as skip back pause and skip fwd buttons, when using the skip back button the scrubb...

• Not sure if this is a spotify or apple issue but when outside of the spotify app, using the 'equaliser' icon on the touchbar, it expands to show the scrub bar as well as skip back pause and skip fwd ...
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes

Stuck on Buffer/ Black Empty Screen/ Freezes After Two Songs

Spotify has had consistent problems for me for over a year. The problems mainly are- after launch, Spotify remains as a empty black screen. The menu on the left loads, but clicking does nothing.- after launch, Spotify loads, but gets stuck on bufferi...

• Spotify has had consistent problems for me for over a year. The problems mainly are - after launch, Spotify remains as a empty black screen. The menu on the left loads, but clicking does nothing. -...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Friends Disappear From Friend's Tab

Today, I logged onto the desktop version of Spotify only to discover that everyone was missing from the friend's tab on the spotify app. I was still following them in my following, but their names and profiles had completely disappeared from it, and ...

• Today, I logged onto the desktop version of Spotify only to discover that everyone was missing from the friend's tab on the spotify app. I was still following them in my following, but their names an...
  • tanqueray77
  • 4 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 3 likes

BUG - can't re-order playlist folders

I think I have hit some limit or something on my number of folders / sub-folders? I'm on mac desktop. It was working, then started to get inconsistent and after attempting to re-order some top level folders, I can no longer drag any playlist names / ...

• Casual Listener
  • I think I have hit some limit or something on my number of folders / sub-folders? I'm on mac desktop. It was working, then started to get inconsistent and after attempting to re-order some top level ...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Scrobbling Problem with Local Files

I'm having a problem with Scrobbling to last.fm when I listen to any local files through Spotify. This behavior has changed within the last few months (3 months maybe?); Spotify version 1.0.77.338.g758ebd78 Mac desktop app. Whether I'm listening to a...

• Casual Listener
  • I'm having a problem with Scrobbling to last.fm when I listen to any local files through Spotify. This behavior has changed within the last few months (3 months maybe?); Spotify version 1.0.77.3...
  • 0 replies
  • 2 likes
  • last.fm
    local
    scrobble
    scrobbling
  • 0 replies
  • 2 likes

Contact an artist

How do i contact an artist? The song 'You and I' by Mayday is not on iTunes or anywhere I can find apart form on spotify... I want to use this track from something so want to buy the track / contact the owner.... PLEASE!!!????

• How do i contact an artist?    The song 'You and I' by Mayday is not on iTunes or anywhere I can find apart form on spotify...   I want to use this track from something so want to ...
  • Bethany_Dawn
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

How do I stop Spotify from opening upon startup?

I used Spotify the other day for the first time in several months. Now when I start up my computer, Spotify automatically opens. I've tried removing the icon from my dock, but can't. I've gone into users & groups from system preferences & unchecked S...

• Casual Listener
  • I used Spotify the other day for the first time in several months. Now when I start up my computer, Spotify automatically opens. I've tried removing the icon from my dock, but can't. I've gone into u...
  • disneycats
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Songs stuck / don't play continuously

Hi! I've been using spotify uniquely on my browser (firefox ver 59.0.2, macOS 10.12.6, free account) for about 6-7 months now, and I haven't had any problems til just about 1-2 weeks ago. My songs wouldn't continue to the following one when I play th...

• Casual Listener
  • Hi! I've been using spotify uniquely on my browser (firefox ver 59.0.2, macOS 10.12.6, free account) for about 6-7 months now, and I haven't had any problems til just about 1-2 weeks ago. My songs wo...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Unmute won't work.

Hello, Just noticed what might be a bug. I am running 1.0.77.338.g758ebd78 on mac 10.13.4. My Spotify was muted and I couldn't raise the vulume or unmute. I tried to restart the app, the computer and nothing worked. So I had the idea of plugging earp...

• Hello,   Just noticed what might be a bug. I am running 1.0.77.338.g758ebd78 on mac 10.13.4.   My Spotify was muted and I couldn't raise the vulume or unmute. I tried to restart th...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Script to change settings

Hi there! I am using Spotify desktop on my MBP. At the office, we use a proxy and I have configured spotify to go through the proxy. At home, I don't use anything. This means that every day, I have to go back to my settings, disable / enable the prox...

• Casual Listener
  • Hi there!   I am using Spotify desktop on my MBP.   At the office, we use a proxy and I have configured spotify to go through the proxy. At home, I don't use anything.    Th...
  • jlengrand
  • Casual Listener
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Desktop
    proxy
    settings
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Friend activity isn't working!

My friend activity only shows up with one person, although i follow 34. It was working perfectly a couple of hours ago. Is this the new update or is my spotify not working?

• My friend activity only shows up with one person, although i follow 34. It was working perfectly a couple of hours ago. Is this the new update or is my spotify not working? 
  • 0 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 2 likes

Desktop Spotify says I'm offline when VPN (Private Internet Access) PIA is on

Sorry if this is a repeat post, but I have read what other users have similiarly complained about here and either it was a different set of circumstances or not solved.I use Private Internet Access (PIA) VPN and when I open Spotify on my iMac (High S...

• Sorry if this is a repeat post, but I have read what other users have similiarly complained about here and either it was a different set of circumstances or not solved. I use Private Internet...
  • geauxshake
  • Casual Listener
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Actividad de los amigos

Hola: Desde hace un par de dias no puedo ver la actividad de los amigos. ¿Se ha eliminado esta opcion? Gracias!!

• Casual Listener
  • Hola:   Desde hace un par de dias no puedo ver la actividad de los amigos.   ¿Se ha eliminado esta opcion?   Gracias!!
  • Tacho97
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Can't reorder playlists

Just to clarify: I don't want to reorder tracks in my playlist - I want to reorder the actual playlists themselves. I currently have a mix of about 6 playlists/playlist folders with over 10 playlists inside certain folders. Up until recently, I was a...

• Casual Listener
  • Just to clarify: I don't want to reorder tracks in my playlist - I want to reorder the actual playlists themselves.   I currently have a mix of about 6 playlists/playlist folders with ove...
  • blondin
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes
  • Desktop
    macosx
    Playlists
    reorder
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes

Crash on the latest version

Anyone else's Mac desktop app crashing after playing 1 or 2 songs? Everything was find until I just updated to the latest version available to me: v 1.0.77.307.gb3c19e64

• Casual Listener
  • Anyone else's Mac desktop app crashing after playing 1 or 2 songs?  Everything was find until I just updated to the latest version available to me:  v 1.0.77.307.gb3c19e64  
  • azizkasenda
  • 3 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 1 likes

Friend Activity Hacked

During the last week, my account has somehow been hacked. Once a day or so, all of my actual friend's activity disappears and is replaced by someone elses! Although it doesn't say I am following any of the people it shows, the only way I can fix it i...

• Casual Listener
  • During the last week, my account has somehow been hacked. Once a day or so, all of my actual friend's activity disappears and is replaced by someone elses! Although it doesn't say I am following any ...
  • ugh22
  • Casual Listener
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Account hacked now Discover weekly is full of hackers music taste!

I had my account hacked last year and before I realised there were a number of playlists and history of god awful rap and spanish folk music. Now one of my favourite features (discover weekly) is runied as its full of this awful rap, despite me liste...

• I had my account hacked last year and before I realised there were a number of playlists and history of god awful rap and spanish folk music. Now one of my favourite features (discover weekly) is run...
  • thebrettster
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Mac
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Bluetooth speakers and headphones keep cutting out

Using spotify app on the mac. Whenever I try and listen to music through a bluetooth device - speaker or headphones - the audio randomly cuts out. The only way to fix it is to press the volume up/down button on my speaker or headphones. I have tried ...

• Casual Listener
  • Using spotify app on the mac. Whenever I try and listen to music through a bluetooth device - speaker or headphones - the audio randomly cuts out. The only way to fix it is to press the vol...
  • fergusaharris
  • Casual Listener
  • 4 replies
  • 7 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 7 likes

library songs shuffle

Hello. I have a fairly large library. I'd like to shuffle the songs I play. When I go to songs and hit shuffle, it only draws from a small subset for the library. So for example, if I have the songes in alphabetical order, it's only shuffling from al...

• Regular
  • Hello. I have a fairly large library. I'd like to shuffle the songs I play. When I go to songs and hit shuffle, it only draws from a small subset for the library. So for example, if I have the songes...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes