Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Desktop (Mac)

Discuss Spotify for Mac

Start a topic

Forum Posts

Jam now available on Desktop

Spotify is bringing Jam to the desktop app! 拾 ️ Now you can start or join a listening party with your friends, family, colleagues, and classmates, with the Spotify desktop app in addition to the mobile app. Although you can listen on your own, Jam in...

Start Jam Menu - Desktop App.png Queue Right Sidebar.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

New "Now Playing View" sidebar

Spotify is introducing a new "Now Playing View" sidebar in the desktop app and Web Player to go along with the recently released "Your Library" sidebar. The Now Playing View in the right sidebar shows the album art and info of the current song or pod...

• Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

New Your Library sidebar

Spotify is introducing a new Your Library sidebar in the desktop app and Web Player. The new Your Library sidebar is rolling out to all desktop users now, so you will be seeing it soon if you haven't already. The new Your Library sidebar improves nav...

Sidebar Tips.png Desktop Sidebar Compact View.png Compact Layout.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 3 likes

Solved!! Spotify free: Music stops on MAC

Edited: Thank you very much everyone for helping! Finally I managed to correct the error and the steps are those that DerpyNerd offered and highlighted as a solution. Hi! I have a MacBook Pro, and for a week now I have a problem with the desktop app....

• Casual Listener
  • bfteach
  • Regular
  • 19 replies
  • 1 likes
  • music stops
  • 19 replies
  • 1 likes

[Mac] Troubleshooting Spotify

Having trouble with Spotify on your Desktop app? Here’s what to try first. Search the Community Someone might have asked your question on the Community before. So type your issue into the search box and have a look. Tip: Don't forget to check our Spo...

• Spotify Legend
  • 0 replies
  • 34 likes
  • Mac
  • 0 replies
  • 34 likes

wheel scroll response is slow

It started with Spotify 1.0.75.483.The wheel scroll response is slow everywhere.So I reinstall Spotify 1.0.74.380. Everything is okay.I installed Spotify 1.0.77.338 today.The problem was not resolved. I can not use it.Fix the bug, Spotify! operating ...

• Regular
  • It started with Spotify 1.0.75.483. The wheel scroll response is slow everywhere. So I reinstall Spotify 1.0.74.380. Everything is okay. I installed Spotify 1.0.77.338 today. The problem was not ...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Playlist max at 24hrs?

I've just got a message saying "you've filled this playlist to the max..." when adding to a playlist of mine. It's coming in at just under 24hrs of music long.It was my understanding that the max playlist number was something around 10,000 songs, can...

• Casual Listener
  • I've just got a message saying "you've filled this playlist to the max..." when adding to a playlist of mine. It's coming in at just under 24hrs of music long. It was my understanding that the max...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Limited searching

Hey guys, I was just wondering whether someone else has experienced this issue, somehow I can only search for a limited amount of artists within a short space of time. And then it needs like 10-20 minutes to restart itself before I can search for oth...

• Hey guys,    I was just wondering whether someone else has experienced this issue, somehow I can only search for a limited amount of artists within a short space of time. And then it need...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Interface mac os

Why is the Play button next to the delete song button? I already have a lot of songs accidentally deleted.

• Why is the Play button next to the delete song button? I already have a lot of songs accidentally deleted.
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Discrepancy of songs between different platforms

I previously tried to submit this bug report, but your website threw an error at me. Here are both bugs, from your community website denying posting of bugs to the actual Spotify app fails. An Unexpected Error has occurred.message.body : The message ...

• I previously tried to submit this bug report, but your website threw an error at me.  Here are both bugs, from your community website denying posting of bugs to the actual Spotify app fails. &...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • playlist discrepancy
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Album art not changing

For about 3 weeks i've been trying to change some of the album art for my playlists and they simply won't change. While I have the desktop app open they'll change, but when i close it and re-open it, they are changed back to the ones they previously ...

• Casual Listener
  • For about 3 weeks i've been trying to change some of the album art for my playlists and they simply won't change. While I have the desktop app open they'll change, but when i close it and re-open it,...
  • Tom
  • Community Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 1 likes

[Bug] Loud, distorted audio through earphones.

Often when I have my apple earbuds plugged into my MacBook Air and I press play on Spotify, I will recieve abnormally loud, distorted audio that clips frequently and presses on my ear's even when I turn down the volume. If unplug and plug the headpho...

• Visitor
  • Often when I have my apple earbuds plugged into my MacBook Air and I press play on Spotify, I will recieve abnormally loud, distorted audio that clips frequently and presses on my ear's even when I t...
  • user-removed
  • Not applicable
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! This Song is Not Available on Mac. Version 1.0.75.483.g7ff4a0dc

Spotify on my Mac won't play a TON of songs anymore. I get the message "This song is not available. . . ." I CAN play the same songs on my phone to my heart's content. What gives? How do I fix this?

• Casual Listener
  • Spotify on my Mac won't play a TON of songs anymore. I get the message "This song is not available. . . ." I CAN play the same songs on my phone to my heart's content. What gives? How do I fix this? ...
  • Luke
  • Spotify Star
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify Desktop cannot control google home volume.

I know this is a "feature request" here:https://community.spotify.com/t5/Live-Ideas/Connect-Show-Chromecast-on-Desktop-s-Connect-device-list/idi-p/1240269 But this is really a bug.

• I know this is a "feature request" here: https://community.spotify.com/t5/Live-Ideas/Connect-Show-Chromecast-on-Desktop-s-Connect-device-list/idi-p/1240269   But this is really a bug.
  • 0 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 2 likes

Spotify can't import deleted local files

I recently moved all of my music to google drive because I was running out of space on my computer and usually stream with spotify anyways these days. Anything that I had downloaded to listen to in iTunes won't play on Spotify. I was wondering if the...

• I recently moved all of my music to google drive because I was running out of space on my computer and usually stream with spotify anyways these days. Anything that I had downloaded to listen to in i...
  • Tom
  • Community Legend
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify Connect - Spotify Switches Playback Device Randomly

So this is probably the 10th time this has happened in the last 3 weeks. I will be listening to Spotify on my laptop at work, and all of a sudden, the music stops.I didn't hit any keys, what the F? I go into Spotify and it says Spotify Connect is now...

• Gig Goer
  • So this is probably the 10th time this has happened in the last 3 weeks.   I will be listening to Spotify on my laptop at work, and all of a sudden, the music stops. I didn't hit any keys, wh...
  • busboybud
  • Casual Listener
  • 70 replies
  • 24 likes
  • Mac
    Windows
  • 70 replies
  • 24 likes

Downloading Music

I can put somebody's songs on a flash drive

• I can put somebody's songs on a flash drive
  • Hubo
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Username was randomly generated for some reason, making it very hard for people to find me

I used Facebook to signup and was assigned a ridiculously hard username. This is a very bad experience because if my friends don't have Facebook linked on Spotify it is nearly impossible to find me. I have seen a handful of topics along these lines, ...

• Visitor
  • I used Facebook to signup and was assigned a ridiculously hard username. This is a very bad experience because if my friends don't have Facebook linked on Spotify it is nearly impossible to find me.&...
  • Hubo
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Can't find Airplay, Spotify on Mac

I have downloaded Spotify on my Mac and have my Airplay connected to our WiFi network (Have checked its status). Yet I cannot see the airplay device in devices available. I can see my phone (Galaxy S6). I can play itunes through airplay to my recieve...

• I have downloaded Spotify on my Mac and have my Airplay connected to our WiFi network (Have checked its status). Yet I cannot see the airplay device in devices available. I can see my phone (Galaxy S...
  • Hubo
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 7 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 7 likes

[Spotify Mac] Disappeared picture for playlists, artists, albums etc.

In the following image attachment, the picture for the albums can't be loaded for some reason, it happened for a month and I can't fix it.Dev would you please solve the issue/bug? I would be very glad if the problem is solved.

• Casual Listener
  • In the following image attachment, the picture for the albums can't be loaded for some reason, it happened for a month and I can't fix it. Dev would you please solve the issue/bug? I would be v...
  • tcmsupahot
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Mac
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify will not load on MAC

Hi I have a macbook air and the spotify app will not load, all I get is a black screen with rotating white dots. I have t force quit to get out of the app. I have tried a clean install including removing the spotiy library/cache. Any idea before i go...

• Hi   I have a macbook air and the spotify app will not load, all I get is a black screen with rotating white dots. I have t force quit to get out of the app.    I have tried a clea...
  • CzechFencer
  • Composer
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

How do I make the Spotify desktop app stop switching tracks automatically?

I normally leave the Spotify desktop app running in the background, playing some chosen playlist. On some days, this works as expected. On some days, Spotify will, for no apparent reason, skip to the next track part way through a song, and it will do...

• I normally leave the Spotify desktop app running in the background, playing some chosen playlist. On some days, this works as expected. On some days, Spotify will, for no apparent reason, skip t...
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes

Can't nest folders and playlists any longer

I have a folder called "Favorite Albums" where I have sub-folders for each favorite artist. Within those sub-folders are playlists containing each album. Example: Favorite Albums > Tycho > ... and then each of their albums within the Tycho folder. La...

• I have a folder called "Favorite Albums" where I have sub-folders for each favorite artist. Within those sub-folders are playlists containing each album. Example: Favorite Albums > Tycho > ... ...
  • tej18
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

Playlists for Artists Issues

Hi I have searched the forum extensively for an issue i cannot seem to resolve..So Im an artist with an artist profile.I also have a user profile linked to facebook.& I would like my artist account to behave the same as other artists accounts (big & ...

• Hi I have searched the forum extensively for an issue i cannot seem to resolve.. So Im an artist with an artist profile. I also have a user profile linked to facebook. & I would like my artist...
  • Maxim
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Daily mixes not showing up on desktop (mac)

Hi!One of the biggest features of Spotify and the main reason I've chosen it over its competitors is the Daily Mixes.It works well on Android, but for some reason it doesn't show on the desktop version.I've tried to look for that on the web player, b...

• Visitor
  • Hi! One of the biggest features of Spotify and the main reason I've chosen it over its competitors is the Daily Mixes. It works well on Android, but for some reason it doesn't show on the desktop v...
  • user-removed
  • Not applicable
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes