Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Desktop (Mac)

Discuss Spotify for Mac

Start a topic

Forum Posts

Jam now available on Desktop

Spotify is bringing Jam to the desktop app! 拾 ️ Now you can start or join a listening party with your friends, family, colleagues, and classmates, with the Spotify desktop app in addition to the mobile app. Although you can listen on your own, Jam in...

Start Jam Menu - Desktop App.png Queue Right Sidebar.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

New "Now Playing View" sidebar

Spotify is introducing a new "Now Playing View" sidebar in the desktop app and Web Player to go along with the recently released "Your Library" sidebar. The Now Playing View in the right sidebar shows the album art and info of the current song or pod...

• Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

New Your Library sidebar

Spotify is introducing a new Your Library sidebar in the desktop app and Web Player. The new Your Library sidebar is rolling out to all desktop users now, so you will be seeing it soon if you haven't already. The new Your Library sidebar improves nav...

Sidebar Tips.png Desktop Sidebar Compact View.png Compact Layout.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 3 likes

Solved!! Spotify free: Music stops on MAC

Edited: Thank you very much everyone for helping! Finally I managed to correct the error and the steps are those that DerpyNerd offered and highlighted as a solution. Hi! I have a MacBook Pro, and for a week now I have a problem with the desktop app....

• Casual Listener
  • bfteach
  • Regular
  • 19 replies
  • 1 likes
  • music stops
  • 19 replies
  • 1 likes

[Mac] Troubleshooting Spotify

Having trouble with Spotify on your Desktop app? Here’s what to try first. Search the Community Someone might have asked your question on the Community before. So type your issue into the search box and have a look. Tip: Don't forget to check our Spo...

• Spotify Legend
  • 0 replies
  • 34 likes
  • Mac
  • 0 replies
  • 34 likes

Username was randomly generated for some reason, making it very hard for people to find me

I used Facebook to signup and was assigned a ridiculously hard username. This is a very bad experience because if my friends don't have Facebook linked on Spotify it is nearly impossible to find me. I have seen a handful of topics along these lines, ...

• Visitor
  • I used Facebook to signup and was assigned a ridiculously hard username. This is a very bad experience because if my friends don't have Facebook linked on Spotify it is nearly impossible to find me.&...
  • Hubo
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Can't find Airplay, Spotify on Mac

I have downloaded Spotify on my Mac and have my Airplay connected to our WiFi network (Have checked its status). Yet I cannot see the airplay device in devices available. I can see my phone (Galaxy S6). I can play itunes through airplay to my recieve...

• I have downloaded Spotify on my Mac and have my Airplay connected to our WiFi network (Have checked its status). Yet I cannot see the airplay device in devices available. I can see my phone (Galaxy S...
  • Hubo
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 7 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 7 likes

[Spotify Mac] Disappeared picture for playlists, artists, albums etc.

In the following image attachment, the picture for the albums can't be loaded for some reason, it happened for a month and I can't fix it.Dev would you please solve the issue/bug? I would be very glad if the problem is solved.

• Casual Listener
  • In the following image attachment, the picture for the albums can't be loaded for some reason, it happened for a month and I can't fix it. Dev would you please solve the issue/bug? I would be v...
  • tcmsupahot
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Mac
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify will not load on MAC

Hi I have a macbook air and the spotify app will not load, all I get is a black screen with rotating white dots. I have t force quit to get out of the app. I have tried a clean install including removing the spotiy library/cache. Any idea before i go...

• Hi   I have a macbook air and the spotify app will not load, all I get is a black screen with rotating white dots. I have t force quit to get out of the app.    I have tried a clea...
  • CzechFencer
  • Composer
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

How do I make the Spotify desktop app stop switching tracks automatically?

I normally leave the Spotify desktop app running in the background, playing some chosen playlist. On some days, this works as expected. On some days, Spotify will, for no apparent reason, skip to the next track part way through a song, and it will do...

• I normally leave the Spotify desktop app running in the background, playing some chosen playlist. On some days, this works as expected. On some days, Spotify will, for no apparent reason, skip t...
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes

Can't nest folders and playlists any longer

I have a folder called "Favorite Albums" where I have sub-folders for each favorite artist. Within those sub-folders are playlists containing each album. Example: Favorite Albums > Tycho > ... and then each of their albums within the Tycho folder. La...

• I have a folder called "Favorite Albums" where I have sub-folders for each favorite artist. Within those sub-folders are playlists containing each album. Example: Favorite Albums > Tycho > ... ...
  • tej18
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

Playlists for Artists Issues

Hi I have searched the forum extensively for an issue i cannot seem to resolve..So Im an artist with an artist profile.I also have a user profile linked to facebook.& I would like my artist account to behave the same as other artists accounts (big & ...

• Hi I have searched the forum extensively for an issue i cannot seem to resolve.. So Im an artist with an artist profile. I also have a user profile linked to facebook. & I would like my artist...
  • Maxim
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Daily mixes not showing up on desktop (mac)

Hi!One of the biggest features of Spotify and the main reason I've chosen it over its competitors is the Daily Mixes.It works well on Android, but for some reason it doesn't show on the desktop version.I've tried to look for that on the web player, b...

• Visitor
  • Hi! One of the biggest features of Spotify and the main reason I've chosen it over its competitors is the Daily Mixes. It works well on Android, but for some reason it doesn't show on the desktop v...
  • user-removed
  • Not applicable
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

For some reason, TPAB songs do not have sound. Other songs for me play fine.

For some reason, TPAB songs Alright and Mortal Man do not have sound. Other songs for me play fine. How do I fix this?

• Casual Listener
  • For some reason, TPAB songs Alright and Mortal Man do not have sound. Other songs for me play fine. How do I fix this?
  • Neosiq
  • Casual Listener
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • no sound
    TPAB
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify won't play the advert so it won't play any songs

Everytime i click on a song the blue bnner comes up at the top syig that the song i clicked on will play after the advert, but then the advert doesn't play. it's been like this for about a week and i ahve no idea how to fix it.

• Everytime i click on a song the blue bnner comes up at the top syig that the song i clicked on will play after the advert, but then the advert doesn't play. it's been like this for about a week and i...
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes

Favorite artists

I think this has probably been posted before, but I don't have time to read through everything right now. What I would like instead of "recently played" artists if we could hand select our top favorite artists. That way people who look get a better i...

• Music Fan
  • I think this has probably been posted before, but I don't have time to read through everything right now. What I would like instead of "recently played" artists if we could hand select our top favori...
  • 0 replies
  • 4 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 4 likes

[Desktop][Mac] Spotify Connect not detecting Chromecasts or Google Homes on same Wifi Network

Recently Spotify Connect stopped detecting the Chromecasts and Google Homes on that are on the same Wifi Network. I am able to cast from my Android device and the Web Player but the Desktop App is unable to detect the devices unless I first cast to t...

• Casual Listener
  • Recently Spotify Connect stopped detecting the Chromecasts and Google Homes on that are on the same Wifi Network. I am able to cast from my Android device and the Web Player but the Desktop App is un...
  • 0 replies
  • 21 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 21 likes

Exact time and date of playlist creation; i.e., date created minute/hour/day/month/year/etc

Hello All, Is it possible to know the exact time & date of when a playlist was begun? I know that I can view the date added for songs, however, I would like to know the exact time. For example: instead of "2 days ago," I want to know 48 hours, 55 hou...

• Music Fan
  • Hello All, Is it possible to know the exact time & date of when a playlist was begun?   I know that I can view the date added for songs, however, I would like to know the exact tim...
  • gurglovt
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Mac
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Getting iTunes Music to your Spotify on iPhone 8 Plus.

Hey, im having problems getting a song i downloaded as a mp3 file that came into my macbook and came in to spotify as a local file, but can't play it on my phone? Have the song downloaded on itunes ("music") on my phone. But cant get into spotify?? H...

• Hey, im having problems getting a song i downloaded as a mp3 file that came into my macbook and came in to spotify as a local file, but can't play it on my phone? Have the song downloaded on itunes (...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Poor Recommendations

A few weeks ago, one day, I listened to a classic rock playlist. Ever since then, everytime whether in Discover Weekly, Radar Release or Daily Mix, the only songs they reccomend are those similar to the classic rock songs. I have no interest whatsoev...

• A few weeks ago, one day, I listened to a classic rock playlist. Ever since then, everytime whether in Discover Weekly, Radar Release or Daily Mix, the only songs they reccomend are those similar to ...
  • eamonnkenny
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Local file search disabled? MAC Desktop

Mac Desktop V. 1.0.75.483.g7ff4a0dc I am unable to search any Local Files via Spotify?Have reset the App (Deleted all local cache files) removed (closed the app and restarted) and readded local files to no avail, what is the fix?OSX High Sierra V.10....

spotify.jpeg
  • Regular
  • Mac Desktop V. 1.0.75.483.g7ff4a0dc I am unable to search any Local Files via Spotify? Have reset the App (Deleted all local cache files) removed (closed the app and restarted) and readded local fil...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Stuttering Audio Streaming To Apple TV Via AirPlay

I'm trying to play music on an Apple TV via AirPlay (audio only, not mirroring). The audio often stutters. I'm using Spotify Premium. The Mac and Apple TV are connected to the same home WiFi network. The WiFi network is not busy and my broadband is q...

• Visitor
  • I'm trying to play music on an Apple TV via AirPlay (audio only, not mirroring).  The audio often stutters.  I'm using Spotify Premium.   The Mac and Apple TV are connected to the ...
  • supo007
  • 35 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 35 replies
  • 2 likes

Installation Failed/Log In Error

Every time I try to download spotify, it says "Installation Failed." So, I used the "spotify.dmg" link I found in the forums. The installation worked with this link, however, the log in does not. The username and password are correct because it works...

• Every time I try to download spotify, it says "Installation Failed." So, I used the "spotify.dmg" link I found in the forums. The installation worked with this link, however, the log in does not. The...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! How to put all my songs into a playlist

Hey, I want to know if there's an easy way to put all of my songs into a play list so I'm able to share it with my friends. I just use the My Music thing to listen to my songs. The only way I can see how to do it is to add the songs individually but ...

• Casual Listener
  • Hey,   I want to know if there's an easy way to put all of my songs into a play list so I'm able to share it with my friends. I just use the My Music thing to listen to my songs. The only way ...
  • kevinjasonsanto
  • Casual Listener
  • 38 replies
  • 7 likes
  • Windows
  • 38 replies
  • 7 likes

Daily Mix not endless

My Daily mix just plays the first 20 or so songs, and then stops at the end of a song, not able to go to another song. Is this an ongoing problem for Spotify? Before anybody asks - my spotify is up to date, I am a premium member, I have tried with va...

• Regular
  • My Daily mix just plays the first 20 or so songs, and then stops at the end of a song, not able to go to another song.   Is this an ongoing problem for Spotify?   Before anybody asks - ...
  • 0 replies
  • 7 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 7 likes