Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Desktop (Mac)

Discuss Spotify for Mac

Start a topic

Forum Posts

Jam now available on Desktop

Spotify is bringing Jam to the desktop app! 拾 ️ Now you can start or join a listening party with your friends, family, colleagues, and classmates, with the Spotify desktop app in addition to the mobile app. Although you can listen on your own, Jam in...

Start Jam Menu - Desktop App.png Queue Right Sidebar.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

New "Now Playing View" sidebar

Spotify is introducing a new "Now Playing View" sidebar in the desktop app and Web Player to go along with the recently released "Your Library" sidebar. The Now Playing View in the right sidebar shows the album art and info of the current song or pod...

• Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

New Your Library sidebar

Spotify is introducing a new Your Library sidebar in the desktop app and Web Player. The new Your Library sidebar is rolling out to all desktop users now, so you will be seeing it soon if you haven't already. The new Your Library sidebar improves nav...

Sidebar Tips.png Desktop Sidebar Compact View.png Compact Layout.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 3 likes

Solved!! Spotify free: Music stops on MAC

Edited: Thank you very much everyone for helping! Finally I managed to correct the error and the steps are those that DerpyNerd offered and highlighted as a solution. Hi! I have a MacBook Pro, and for a week now I have a problem with the desktop app....

• Casual Listener
  • bfteach
  • Regular
  • 19 replies
  • 1 likes
  • music stops
  • 19 replies
  • 1 likes

[Mac] Troubleshooting Spotify

Having trouble with Spotify on your Desktop app? Here’s what to try first. Search the Community Someone might have asked your question on the Community before. So type your issue into the search box and have a look. Tip: Don't forget to check our Spo...

• Spotify Legend
  • 0 replies
  • 34 likes
  • Mac
  • 0 replies
  • 34 likes

Downward scrolling not working on MacBook

The downward scroll function in the main window is not working. When I bring up the Spotify desktop on my Mac, there is no way to scroll down. The sidebars are functioning but the main section is not. I can't be the only one having this issue.

• The downward scroll function in the main window is not working. When I bring up the Spotify desktop on my Mac, there is no way to scroll down. The sidebars are functioning but the main section is not...
  • JThomas1962
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify won't stop opening when I log in.

Whenever I log in, Spotify always opens. I've tried to hold my click on the spotify icon and uncheck the "Open at Login", but for some reason it wont uncheck. Someone please help me.

• Whenever I log in, Spotify always opens. I've tried to hold my click on the spotify icon and uncheck the "Open at Login", but for some reason it wont uncheck. Someone please help me.
  • Sagotillo
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Mac
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!!Superuser Contribution No Facebook Friends

Description Facebook friends won't load. It's says "There are no more people to show at this time.", however, it has never showed me anyone. I know of at least 30 of my friends that are on Spotify. A more detailed description, using numbered steps 1....

• Visitor
  • Description   Facebook friends won't load. It's says "There are no more people to show at this time.", however, it has never showed me anyone. I know of at least 30 of my friends that are on S...
  • theckbert
  • Roadie
  • 29 replies
  • 1 likes
  • Mac
  • 29 replies
  • 1 likes

Track cuts out after 60 seconds

Im using the latest Macbook pro with the latest IOSI'm a premium user im using the desktop appAll was working well this morning, but this afternoon many of my songs are cutting out after 60 seconds or so. Some, after an even shorter time. (The same p...

• Casual Listener
  • Im using the latest Macbook pro with the latest IOS I'm a premium user  im using the desktop app All was working well this morning, but this afternoon many of my songs are&nbsp...
  • Lodril
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify stops plays when song cannot be played on my country

Hey,I'm listening a Playlist created by Spotify. A song cannot be played on my country (Argentina), then play stop.It's annoying after happens the same a couple of times.I check the preferences, and doesn't have any option to "hide" or "disable" song...

• Regular
  • Hey, I'm listening a Playlist created by Spotify. A song cannot be played on my country (Argentina), then play stop. It's annoying after happens the same a couple of times. I check the preferences...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Sorry this song is unavailable

Gday everyone. I’m having an issue when my favourite song now for some reason won’t play due to “sorry this song is unavailable” when I press play. It’s not greyed out or anything and is even downloaded offline. This issue occurs on both my Mac and m...

• Casual Listener
  • Gday everyone.    I’m having an issue when my favourite song now for some reason won’t play due to “sorry this song is unavailable” when I press play. It’s not greyed out or anything and ...
  • phteev12
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify is crashing my iMac (Retina 5K, 27-inch, Late 2014) running High Sierra

I know this sounds random, but ever since I installed a newer version of the spotify desktop app on my Late 2014 iMac, running High Sierra, it has had 3 seprate instances where about 40 mins into playing music it has crashed to black screen, or froze...

• I know this sounds random, but ever since I installed a newer version of the spotify desktop app on my Late 2014 iMac, running High Sierra, it has had 3 seprate instances where about 40 mins into pla...
  • dsunay
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify Connect

Hey guys, Have premium, and playing through Mac desktop apps. (Macbook pro '17, iMac 15) My iMac is connected to my stereo and DAC, but I control the music generally though my laptop. This has worked very well for months, but today, for some reason, ...

• Regular
  • Hey guys,   Have premium, and playing through Mac desktop apps. (Macbook pro '17, iMac 15)   My iMac is connected to my stereo and DAC, but I control the music generally though my lapto...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Song not available

Hello. I am a Spotify premium user and I use Spotify constantly. Recently I have been experiencing a problem where certain songs will not play and I get a message saying the song is not available. This cannot be true because I can listen to the same ...

• Hello. I am a Spotify premium user and I use Spotify constantly. Recently I have been experiencing a problem where certain songs will not play and I get a message saying the song is not available. Th...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

'Browse' page doesn't load / can't click anything

My Browse page doesn't load at all (black screen) after launching the Spotify app. If I turn Offline Mode on/off, it will show everything like normal but then clicking things goes nowhere. (I can click things... but it just stays on the Browse page.)...

• Regular
  • My Browse page doesn't load at all (black screen) after launching the Spotify app.    If I turn Offline Mode on/off, it will show everything like normal but then clicking t...
  • travismm
  • Regular
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

The username you provided is not associated with an active Spotify account.

I am not able to access my artist account I get this message "The username you provided is not associated with an active Spotify account." but when I log in on a friends account I clearly see the account is active. How can I access my account? What s...

• I am not able to access my artist account I get this message "The username you provided is not associated with an active Spotify account." but when I log in on a friends account I clearly see the acc...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! View ALL MUSIC, sorted by album, in a single list

I am new to spotify (listening mostly on Mac desktop) and was hoping someone could help with a feature I'm missing. I like to listen to music by albums. In the past I have sometimes bought single songs, but I tend to organise them into short (10-20 s...

• Casual Listener
  • I am new to spotify (listening mostly on Mac desktop) and was hoping someone could help with a feature I'm missing.  I like to listen to music by albums.  In the past I have sometimes ...
  • dannyhmg
  • Casual Listener
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Activity Not Loading

My activity section on my desktop won't load. It shows the loading icon but never actually loads. I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling Spotify and logging in and out. I can see the activity of those I'm following, just not my own. Anyone else had...

• My activity section on my desktop won't load. It shows the loading icon but never actually loads. I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling Spotify and logging in and out. I can see the activity of th...
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes

crossfade not working even after update

crossfade not working even after update. I can't find a gapless option also

• crossfade not working even after update. I can't find a gapless option also
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes

Unable to add songs to certain playlists

Recently I started noticing that when I try to add a song to one of my already existing playlists, only some of them show up in the list as available to add a song to. I had thought that maybe I'd accidentally deleted some playlists, but I've confirm...

• Casual Listener
  • Recently I started noticing that when I try to add a song to one of my already existing playlists, only some of them show up in the list as available to add a song to. I had thought that maybe I'd ac...
  • Mike_MM
  • 4 replies
  • 2 likes
  • add songs
  • 4 replies
  • 2 likes

Crossfade duration can't be changed

When I change the duration in crossfade settings it doesn't have any effect. The default duration of 5s is still be used even if I increase to 10s. When I restart Spotify the setting is restored to 5s. The playlist has been downloaded and is availabl...

• Casual Listener
  • When I change the duration in crossfade settings it doesn't have any effect. The default duration of 5s is still be used even if I increase to 10s. When I restart Spotify the setting is restored to 5...
  • tnuetz
  • Casual Listener
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Search bar not working

I'm using Spotify on a MacBook Pro, when I type something in the search bar I don't get to see results and I can't search anything. I have the latest version of Spotify. I already restarted the program and my computer. No problems with the mobile app...

• Casual Listener
  • I'm using Spotify on a MacBook Pro, when I type something in the search bar I don't get to see results and I can't search anything.   I have the latest version of Spotify. I already restarted ...
  • Nomivg
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 2 likes
  • Search
    search bar
    Search failure
  • 2 replies
  • 2 likes

Other artist they listen to tab

So when does Spotify show your related artist on your artist profile page? I've had an album and singles on Spotify for a few years. Yes, I'm still under a thousand streams for any particular song but over a thousand streams collectively. Still, I've...

• Roadie
  • So when does Spotify show your related artist on your artist profile page? I've had an album and singles on Spotify for a few years. Yes, I'm still under a thousand streams for any particular song bu...
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes

playlists can't scroll

When looking at the official "spotify" user that has over 1,000 playlists, I can't get very far scrolled down on the playlists to see much. I want to look at all the playlists spotify has made, but can't!

• When looking at the official "spotify" user that has over 1,000 playlists, I can't get very far scrolled down on the playlists to see much. I want to look at all the playlists spotify has made, but c...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes