Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Desktop (Mac)

Discuss Spotify for Mac

Start a topic

Forum Posts

Jam now available on Desktop

Spotify is bringing Jam to the desktop app! 拾 ️ Now you can start or join a listening party with your friends, family, colleagues, and classmates, with the Spotify desktop app in addition to the mobile app. Although you can listen on your own, Jam in...

Start Jam Menu - Desktop App.png Queue Right Sidebar.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

New "Now Playing View" sidebar

Spotify is introducing a new "Now Playing View" sidebar in the desktop app and Web Player to go along with the recently released "Your Library" sidebar. The Now Playing View in the right sidebar shows the album art and info of the current song or pod...

• Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

New Your Library sidebar

Spotify is introducing a new Your Library sidebar in the desktop app and Web Player. The new Your Library sidebar is rolling out to all desktop users now, so you will be seeing it soon if you haven't already. The new Your Library sidebar improves nav...

Sidebar Tips.png Desktop Sidebar Compact View.png Compact Layout.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 3 likes

Solved!! Spotify free: Music stops on MAC

Edited: Thank you very much everyone for helping! Finally I managed to correct the error and the steps are those that DerpyNerd offered and highlighted as a solution. Hi! I have a MacBook Pro, and for a week now I have a problem with the desktop app....

• Casual Listener
  • bfteach
  • Regular
  • 19 replies
  • 1 likes
  • music stops
  • 19 replies
  • 1 likes

[Mac] Troubleshooting Spotify

Having trouble with Spotify on your Desktop app? Here’s what to try first. Search the Community Someone might have asked your question on the Community before. So type your issue into the search box and have a look. Tip: Don't forget to check our Spo...

• Spotify Legend
  • 0 replies
  • 35 likes
  • Mac
  • 0 replies
  • 35 likes

[Desktop] Update local files

Hello, I've been trying to update my local files list, but when I change the folders nothing happens, it keeps appearing the 4K+ songs that I have in my music, but not the 2 new folders i've been trying to replace it with. (Sorry in advance if my eng...

• Hello, I've been trying to update my local files list, but when I change the folders nothing happens, it keeps appearing the 4K+ songs that I have in my music, but not the 2 new folders i've been try...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

MacOS High Sierra Spotify Frame Rate

I recently upgraded to High Sierra, and now my Spotify app is really slow and choppy. For example, when scrolling, the frame rate is way slower. Another example is when I have spotify open in a different desktop, and when I slide over to that desktop...

• I recently upgraded to High Sierra, and now my Spotify app is really slow and choppy.   For example, when scrolling, the frame rate is way slower. Another example is when I have spotify o...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

'Cant play the current track' issue is back

Hi there Spotifyers!!Anyone experiencing this type of problem since yesterday? For me it started yesterday (Desktop Mac) when listening to Genres & Moods playlists and it's getting worse and worse. Today it is impossible to listen straight to a song,...

• Music Fan
  • Hi there Spotifyers!! Anyone experiencing this type of problem since yesterday?  For me it started yesterday (Desktop Mac) when listening to Genres & Moods playlists  and it's getting...
  • anabelacc
  • Music Fan
  • 13 replies
  • 4 likes
  • 13 replies
  • 4 likes

Disable Browse on desktop app (Mac OS)

Every time I open Spotify I am prompted to listen to a bunch of playlists that I do not want to even have to look at. Is there a way to disable the Browse tab, or at least open Spotify on my Mac to literally any other section or playlist? There is a ...

• Casual Listener
  • Every time I open Spotify I am prompted to listen to a bunch of playlists that I do not want to even have to look at. Is there a way to disable the Browse tab, or at least open Spotify on my Mac to l...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Where to find music files on mac computer ?

Hi, I've been looking everywhere on my computer and I did'nt find the path library/application support/spotify/persistentcache/storage. It looks like I have no folder called ''spotify'' on my computer... Please help me.. I just want find all the spot...

• Hi,  I've been looking everywhere on my computer and I did'nt find the path library/application support/spotify/persistentcache/storage. It looks like I have no folder called ''spotif...
  • cocowinter
  • Regular
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Turn off spacebar pause function

Does anyone know how I can turn off the spacebar pause function? Every time I try to search for a track or artist and hit the space key it stops/starts my music. This has only just started happening and it's driving me nuts!! Also I'm unable to put s...

• Casual Listener
  • Does anyone know how I can turn off the spacebar pause function?  Every time I try to search for a track or artist and hit the space key it stops/starts my music.  This has only just starte...
  • motoboat
  • Casual Listener
  • 10 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 10 replies
  • 1 likes

Unable to Hide my Recently Played Artists

Hello, I'm trying to hide my recently played artists but when I turn off the feature in the preferences it keeps turning on again everytime I open the app. If somebody could help that would be nice...

• Casual Listener
  • Hello,   I'm trying to hide my recently played artists but when I turn off the feature in the preferences it keeps turning on again everytime I open the app.   If somebody could he...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Spotify app doesn't open on MacBook Pro

I am trying to install the app on my MacBook Pro to manage my artist account but doesn't work. Tried to reinstall but still not.That's what happens when I open And stays that way endlessly. If I try to close, it freezes and I have to force close.

• Casual Listener
  • I am trying to install the app on my MacBook Pro to manage my artist account but doesn't work. Tried to reinstall but still not. That's what happens when I open   And stays that way&nbsp...
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify keeps opening on startup even with settings turned off.

Hi, I'm having an issue where I change the settings so that "Open Spotify automatically when you log into the computer" is set to "no", but despite this, if I exit Spotify and restart the program, my settings default back to "yes". Consequently, I ca...

• Hi, I'm having an issue where I change the settings so that "Open Spotify automatically when you log into the computer" is set to "no", but despite this, if I exit Spotify and restart the program, my...
  • dearcam
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

My spotify won't open

My spotify wont open, its just thinking. It has been thinking for a couple of days now and wont stop. I don't know what to do about it... i have tried to delete spotify and reinstall it, but it is just doing it over again... i have a macbook air i re...

• My spotify wont open, its just thinking. It has been thinking for a couple of days now and wont stop. I don't know what to do about it... i have tried to delete spotify and reinstall it, but it is ju...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Bug: Last.fm connection disconnected

Hi, it has happened several times over the years that the Last.fm connection has been disconnected. Has happened on Desktop (Win and Mac) and on Mobile (Iphone).

• Visitor
  • Hi,   it has happened several times over the years that the Last.fm connection has been disconnected.   Has happened on Desktop (Win and Mac) and on Mobile (Iphone).
  • nodmusik
  • Regular
  • 4 replies
  • 3 likes
  • Mac
    Windows
  • 4 replies
  • 3 likes

Solved!! Unable to scrub through a track using touch bar (macOS High Sierra)

I'm using a MacBook Pro (2016 with touch-bar) running macOS High Sierra (10.13.3). With spotify running in the background, I'm able to see an icon for opening Spotify options (screenshot 1) - but it vanishes sometimes and I have no idea on how to get...

• Casual Listener
  • I'm using a MacBook Pro (2016 with touch-bar) running macOS High Sierra (10.13.3). With spotify running in the background, I'm able to see an icon for opening Spotify options (screenshot 1) - but it ...
  • gmarwaha
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Search for songs once you are on an artist page

Once you are on the artist page, is it possible to filter all the songs (independet of the album) to find the song you want. Like a searchwindow where you can enter names, but because you are already on the artist page, it's sure that there will be o...

• Casual Listener
  • Once you are on the artist page, is it possible to filter all the songs (independet of the album) to find the song you want. Like a searchwindow where you can enter names, but because you are already...
  • Tom
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • artist page
    Search
    songs
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Random albums/songs not playing

I've been having an issue for the past six months where seemingly random albums and songs will not play on Spotify desktop. It is quite frustrating to click a song/album that is not greyed out and have it not play. I get the error message 'This song ...

• I've been having an issue for the past six months where seemingly random albums and songs will not play on Spotify desktop. It is quite frustrating to click a song/album that is not greyed out and ha...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Music not playing on my Mac

hi, if anyone could help. About a week ago my mac was playing music perfectly but then it just stopped playing. It looks like its playing becuase the bar along the bottom moves and the time changes but i just can't hear anything. I have no problem wi...

• hi, if anyone could help. About a week ago my mac was playing music perfectly but then it just stopped playing. It looks like its playing becuase the bar along the bottom moves and the time changes b...
  • ThatFunSize
  • Casual Listener
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Pasting song links in playlist no longer works (Are you kidding me?!)

We already know about the scandalous lack of a sorting option in the Spotify app. But I had a work around for this, which was to sort the songs in the Spotify app for OS X, cut them all out with CMD+X and then paste them again with CMD+V. In the late...

• Casual Listener
  • We already know about the scandalous lack of a sorting option in the Spotify app. But I had a work around for this, which was to sort the songs in the Spotify app for OS X, cut them all out with CMD+...
  • bkstober
  • Regular
  • 25 replies
  • 5 likes
  • Mac
  • 25 replies
  • 5 likes

Can't share a song with other Spotify users?!

wth. I can share a song via every social media app in existance but I can't send a track directly to my Spotify friends. This seems like a fundamental feature expected with any social app. Why even allow us to have friends on Spotify if we can't **bl...

• Casual Listener
  • wth. I can share a song via every social media app in existance but I can't send a track directly to my Spotify friends. This seems like a fundamental feature expected with any social ...
  • sarcasticprick
  • Casual Listener
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Can free users add to a collab playlist?

Me and some friends are putting together a playlist, however, a friend of mine without premium isn't able to add any songs. Is there a work around to this?

• Me and some friends are putting together a playlist, however, a friend of mine without premium isn't able to add any songs.  Is there a work around to this?
  • EthanS1
  • Community Legend
  • 2 replies
  • 4 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 4 likes