Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Desktop (Mac)

Discuss Spotify for Mac

Start a topic

Forum Posts

Jam now available on Desktop

Spotify is bringing Jam to the desktop app! 拾 ️ Now you can start or join a listening party with your friends, family, colleagues, and classmates, with the Spotify desktop app in addition to the mobile app. Although you can listen on your own, Jam in...

Start Jam Menu - Desktop App.png Queue Right Sidebar.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

New "Now Playing View" sidebar

Spotify is introducing a new "Now Playing View" sidebar in the desktop app and Web Player to go along with the recently released "Your Library" sidebar. The Now Playing View in the right sidebar shows the album art and info of the current song or pod...

• Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

New Your Library sidebar

Spotify is introducing a new Your Library sidebar in the desktop app and Web Player. The new Your Library sidebar is rolling out to all desktop users now, so you will be seeing it soon if you haven't already. The new Your Library sidebar improves nav...

Sidebar Tips.png Desktop Sidebar Compact View.png Compact Layout.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 3 likes

Solved!! Spotify free: Music stops on MAC

Edited: Thank you very much everyone for helping! Finally I managed to correct the error and the steps are those that DerpyNerd offered and highlighted as a solution. Hi! I have a MacBook Pro, and for a week now I have a problem with the desktop app....

• Casual Listener
  • bfteach
  • Regular
  • 19 replies
  • 1 likes
  • music stops
  • 19 replies
  • 1 likes

[Mac] Troubleshooting Spotify

Having trouble with Spotify on your Desktop app? Here’s what to try first. Search the Community Someone might have asked your question on the Community before. So type your issue into the search box and have a look. Tip: Don't forget to check our Spo...

• Spotify Legend
  • 0 replies
  • 34 likes
  • Mac
  • 0 replies
  • 34 likes

Solved!! Can't enter the month of my Visa to subscibe Premium

Hi !On my up to date (10.13.3) high sierra late 2013 macbook pro, I'd a strange bug. I couldn't fill the month of my VISA Premier card. So it was impossible to subscribe. (no problem on my wife PC).Anyone ever noticed it?Regards

• Casual Listener
  • Hi ! On my up to date (10.13.3) high sierra late 2013 macbook pro, I'd a strange bug. I couldn't fill the month of my VISA Premier card. So it was impossible to subscribe. (no problem on my wife PC)...
  • Bittencourt
  • Spotify Star
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Open links in desktop app

Hello,I would like to solve this small issue. Each time I click on a Spotify link (at web pages, email body, etc.), the Web Player is opened. For instance, this kind of a link:https://open.spotify.com/artist/7xtwaIP9g8objfjAIF2Esq?si=rIUKoQqBQQaU401D...

• Composer
  • Hello, I would like to solve this small issue. Each time I click on a Spotify link (at web pages, email body, etc.), the Web Player is opened. For instance, this kind of a link: https://open.spotif...
  • CzechFencer
  • Composer
  • 2 replies
  • 6 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 6 likes

Popular Section non-functioning

Hey guys, When I go to any artist and try to click and play any song in the Popular section at the top of the artist pages nothing is responding. I can't click any of the songs or even the 'show 5 more' button. It's like some other element of the int...

• Hey guys,   When I go to any artist and try to click and play any song in the Popular section at the top of the artist pages nothing is responding. I can't click any of the songs or even the '...
  • 0 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 2 likes

Solved!! Revert back to Spotify 0.8.5 on Mac

UPDATE 3/14/15: This solution works for reverting to ANY previous version of Spotify. Just replace the application with the desired version, 0.8.5 or otherwise. I have successfully used this trick to revert to 0.9.15.27 and 0.8.5.133. Also, APPS cont...

• Visitor
  • UPDATE 3/14/15: This solution works for reverting to ANY previous version of Spotify. Just replace the application with the desired version, 0.8.5 or otherwise. I have successfully used this trick to...
  • SkyMakai
  • Regular
  • 175 replies
  • 118 likes
  • Mac
  • 175 replies
  • 118 likes

Partify / Spotify Party Mode

Hey Does this feature is still on? of the party mode? 

• Hey Does this feature is still on? of the party mode? 
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Lost my public playlist

I lost my public playlist 3 years collection! How I can retrieve this playlist ? I don't understand why, anyone can help me ? My account is dark-nazgul and public playlist was "Workout Doping".

• I lost my public playlist 3 years collection! How I can retrieve this playlist ? I don't understand why, anyone can help me ? My account is dark-nazgul and public playlist was "W...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Playlist Loading Issue

I have a playlist that is just Loading. I'm unable to delete it or restore it. I'm unsure of the name of the playlist. Where the name should be it says Loading... and when you hover over it, by Spotify appears.

• Casual Listener
  • I have a playlist that is just Loading. I'm unable to delete it or restore it. I'm unsure of the name of the playlist. Where the name should be it says Loading... and when you hover over it, by Spoti...
  • Destin4Gr8ness
  • Casual Listener
  • 10 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 10 replies
  • 0 likes

Playlist embedded on site is showing a song that's NOT currently on the playlist, but used to be

I have a playlist embedded on a site, and the first song displaying is currently NOT on the actual playlist. When another spotify user clicks through to view the playlist in spotify, the first song is there, but grayed out and can't be clicked on. Bu...

• I have a playlist embedded on a site, and the first song displaying is currently NOT on the actual playlist. When another spotify user clicks through to view the playlist in spotify, the first song i...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Add to playlist only shows some playlists

When right-clicking a song to add to a playlist, not all of my playlists show up. Many times, only 5 show up or 15. It's completely random. I've restarted the app and my computer with no change. This issue doesn't show up on my iPhone. Running the mo...

• Regular
  • When right-clicking a song to add to a playlist, not all of my playlists show up. Many times, only 5 show up or 15. It's completely random. I've restarted the app and my computer with no change. This...
  • Bronxboy47
  • Music Fan
  • 13 replies
  • 7 likes
  • 13 replies
  • 7 likes

Keyboard buttons not working

my play/pause and skip buttons on my Mac book pro not working

• Casual Listener
  • my play/pause and skip buttons on my Mac book pro not working
  • evturn
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Reinstallation

I haven't had this problem till now. Every time I open Spotify, it somehow uninstalls and reinstalls. Since I listen to school, I can't install Spotify whenever I open it because I can't install things like that on the school wifi. The actual app can...

• I haven't had this problem till now.  Every time I open Spotify, it somehow uninstalls and reinstalls.  Since I listen to school, I can't install Spotify whenever I open it because I can't ...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Making playlists using albums

Can I just toss the whole album in one action into a playlist and then go back later and remove the one or two songs on the playlist I don't want?Also, can I reorder songs on a playlist? Shuffle is fine but, I also like the order I DJ'd for most circ...

• Regular
  • Can I just toss the whole album in one action into a playlist and then go back later and remove the one or two songs on the playlist I don't want? Also, can I reorder songs on a playlist? Shuff...
  • Lawz88
  • Music Fan
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Why doesn't single user license lock playback to a single device?

Hi, why does Spotify allow a device to be hijacked under a single user license, it's under my name but my daughter can log in and use it and it turns me off even if I am on it first, why would it go off at all if it is only intended for one person? I...

• Casual Listener
  • Hi, why does Spotify allow a device to be hijacked under a single user license, it's under my name but my daughter can log in and use it and it turns me off even if I am on it first, &...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

spotify plays randomly through wireless speakers even when no device has spotify running

Okay so spotify plays randomly through my wireless speakers even when no device has spotify running. I also turned off the streaming app (Klipsch) which might have been the culprit. There is literally nothing that is active, laptops are closed, phone...

• Okay so spotify plays randomly through my wireless speakers even when no device has spotify running.  I also turned off the streaming app (Klipsch) which might have been the culprit.  ...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Downloads - virus?

I'm using Premium on a 30-day free trial. My computer is an iMac from late 2009, OS: El Capitan. I'm concerned about downloading, especially full albums. After creating a playlist of three items I tried to download it and was "successful". However, w...

• Casual Listener
  • I'm using Premium on a 30-day free trial. My computer is an iMac from late 2009, OS: El Capitan.  I'm concerned about downloading, especially full albums.  After creating a playlist of thre...
  • Krillestoffe
  • Music Fan
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

[PC] Spotify Equalizer!!

We want an equalizer for Spotify on pc! ok? plisss? Sins pohnes got the equalizer, why can't PC get one too? Even Iphone got one back in 2015.09.17 and Android had it befor thet!! And the Spotify community post about it got only 3 482 votes (Iphone),...

• Casual Listener
  • We want an equalizer for Spotify on pc! ok? plisss?  Sins pohnes got the equalizer, why can't PC get one too? Even Iphone got one back in 2015.09.17 and Android had it befor thet!! An...
  • RadioactiveRadz
  • Casual Listener
  • 3 replies
  • 12 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 12 likes

HELP! I can't see my playlists and folders in the app

Hi all - My list of playlists and playlist folders have disappeared!But - strangely, I was able to find some them in the web player of spotify by doing a searchI've had to follow those list again to see them in my own profile. Note - this problem onl...

• Hi all - My list of playlists and playlist folders have disappeared! But - strangely, I was able to find some them in the web player of spotify by doing a search I've had to follow those list again...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Daily mix bug

When I play a daily mix playlist, the current song shows at the bottom of the app. If I click the "like" button, the song at the bottom no longer refreshes to the current song being played. On the PC, when I go in to the queue and manually play the '...

• Casual Listener
  • When I play a daily mix playlist, the current song shows at the bottom of the app. If I click the "like" button, the song at the bottom no longer refreshes to the current song being played.  &n...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • bug
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Songs keep skipping

So mysteriously songs keep skipping on my Mac & its started happening on my iPhone x too. Anybody else know why this is happening or have had this problem and knows hot to fix it??

• So mysteriously songs keep skipping on my Mac & its started happening on my iPhone x too. Anybody else know why this is happening or have had this problem and knows hot to fix it??
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

can't access spotify.com or spotify.se or spotify.com/se through safari on my MacBook

I can't access Spotify.com (or Spotify.com/se or Spotify.se) through Safari on my MacBook. It is the only website that I encounter this issue. Seems odd given that Spotify is a Swedish-based (Stockholm, where I'm living even!) company. I haven't been...

• Casual Listener
  • I can't access Spotify.com (or Spotify.com/se or Spotify.se) through Safari on my MacBook. It is the only website that I encounter this issue. Seems odd given that Spotify is a Swedish-based (Stockho...
  • Krillestoffe
  • Music Fan
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes