Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Desktop (Mac)

Discuss Spotify for Mac

Start a topic

Forum Posts

Jam now available on Desktop

Spotify is bringing Jam to the desktop app! 拾 ️ Now you can start or join a listening party with your friends, family, colleagues, and classmates, with the Spotify desktop app in addition to the mobile app. Although you can listen on your own, Jam in...

Start Jam Menu - Desktop App.png Queue Right Sidebar.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

New "Now Playing View" sidebar

Spotify is introducing a new "Now Playing View" sidebar in the desktop app and Web Player to go along with the recently released "Your Library" sidebar. The Now Playing View in the right sidebar shows the album art and info of the current song or pod...

• Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

New Your Library sidebar

Spotify is introducing a new Your Library sidebar in the desktop app and Web Player. The new Your Library sidebar is rolling out to all desktop users now, so you will be seeing it soon if you haven't already. The new Your Library sidebar improves nav...

Sidebar Tips.png Desktop Sidebar Compact View.png Compact Layout.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 3 likes

Solved!! Spotify free: Music stops on MAC

Edited: Thank you very much everyone for helping! Finally I managed to correct the error and the steps are those that DerpyNerd offered and highlighted as a solution. Hi! I have a MacBook Pro, and for a week now I have a problem with the desktop app....

• Casual Listener
  • bfteach
  • Regular
  • 19 replies
  • 1 likes
  • music stops
  • 19 replies
  • 1 likes

[Mac] Troubleshooting Spotify

Having trouble with Spotify on your Desktop app? Here’s what to try first. Search the Community Someone might have asked your question on the Community before. So type your issue into the search box and have a look. Tip: Don't forget to check our Spo...

• Spotify Legend
  • 0 replies
  • 35 likes
  • Mac
  • 0 replies
  • 35 likes

TROUBLE ADDING SONGS TO PLAYLIST

So when I drag music onto a playlist that I created, it does not drag into it and does not go into my playlist. Please help, I have been trying to add music to my playlist but this is not working. And when I go to do "add to playlist" it only shows a...

• So when I drag music onto a playlist that I created, it does not drag into it and does not go into my playlist. Please help, I have been trying to add music to my playlist but this is not working.&nb...
  • phan_times
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! musicas pulando

instalei o spotify no meu pc e as musicas ficam pulando, nao toca nenhuma. já resintalei mas nao adiantou. o que fazer?

• Casual Listener
  • instalei o spotify no meu pc e as musicas ficam pulando, nao toca nenhuma. já resintalei mas nao adiantou. o que fazer?
  • Bittencourt
  • Spotify Star
  • 36 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 36 replies
  • 1 likes

Solved!! Autostart disabled @Login items & app - STILL starts at login

Hi Spotify Community!I have a problem with Spotify desktop on Mac. The app persistently starts at login, even though I've followed all the steps to disable the behaviour:- I've unchecked Spotify on Users & Groups settings' Login items tab.- I've chan...

• Regular
  • Hi Spotify Community! I have a problem with Spotify desktop on Mac. The app persistently starts at login, even though I've followed all the steps to disable the behaviour: - I've unchecked Spotify ...
  • Göögöö
  • Regular
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Can't detect internet

My spotify didn't detect a internet connetion. I tried turning wifi on/off and i restarted my Mac but i was still offline. I re-installed Spotify and now i can't log in. There comes a message saying "No internet connection detected. (Error code: 4)" ...

• My spotify didn't detect a internet connetion. I tried turning wifi on/off and i restarted my Mac but i was still offline. I re-installed Spotify and now i can't log in. There comes a message saying ...
  • guatechino
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Friends can't see my activity

Hi! It's come to my attention that my friends can't see what I'm listening to on Spotify (in real time). They can see my recently played artists and public playlists, but what I'm listening to does not show up in their Friends Feed. I've enabled "Pub...

• Hi!   It's come to my attention that my friends can't see what I'm listening to on Spotify (in real time). They can see my recently played artists and public playlists, but what I'm l...
  • 0 replies
  • 9 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 9 likes

radio station got corrupted

So I've had a station (mac desktop) for a long time, many up and down votes. worked fine for a long time then out of the blue it's changed to a kind of music I never selected and don't have anywhere on any of my playlists. It went from Brian Eno ambi...

• So I've had a station (mac desktop) for a long time, many up and down votes. worked fine for a long time then out of the blue it's changed to a kind of music I never selected and don't have anywhere ...
  • nataliebelsha
  • Regular
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Songs wont start or play - Spotify Premium - 1.0.2.6.g9977a14b

I'm getting really fustrated. I have Spotify Premium and songs are not playing. For example: I start an album first song wil play then the next song will not event start it just sits there doing nothing. I try to pause and play and nothing. I trythe ...

• Regular
  • I'm getting really fustrated. I have Spotify Premium and songs are not playing. For example: I start an album first song wil play then the next song will not event start it just sits there doing noth...
  • born_confused71
  • 6 replies
  • 2 likes
  • Windows
  • 6 replies
  • 2 likes

Library not syncing between Mac and iPhone

I don't have anywhere near 10,000 songs. But I noticed that some of the songs saved to my library on my iPhone are missing from my Mac application. The discrepancy seems to be after that BADBADNOTGOOD song.

• I don't have anywhere near 10,000 songs.   But I noticed that some of the songs saved to my library on my iPhone are missing from my Mac application. The discrepancy seems to be after that BAD...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Getting massive amounts of 'suspicious login attempt' on facebook + Spotify won't login w/ FB

On FB as well as in email I keep getting enormous amounts of this well-intented **bleep**. This started happening together with a bug where when I press the Facebook login button in spotify it just opens a new chrome window and nothing else happens. ...

Screen Shot 2018-02-21 at 14.48.54.png
  • On FB as well as in email I keep getting enormous amounts of this well-intented **bleep**. This started happening together with a bug where when I press the Facebook login button in spotify it just o...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Public playlist viewable by others while showing empty for user

Howdy! I'm trying to edit a public playlist on my account, and today I saw that it comes up empty. When I access the account from two other users (my son or wife's account) the playlist is still there! I can add tracks to my "empty" playlist and it w...

• Howdy!   I'm trying to edit a public playlist on my account, and today I saw that it comes up empty.  When I access the account from two other users (my son or wife's account) the p...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Magic mouse clicking problem

Any click in the Spotify app with Magic Mouse usually does not trigger at first time or second or third sometimes, it is always changing, it is absolutely random. The buttons look like that I'm clicked them, but nothing happens. However if I'm using ...

• Casual Listener
  • Any click in the Spotify app with Magic Mouse usually does not trigger at first time or second or third sometimes, it is always changing, it is absolutely random. The buttons look like that I'm click...
  • quentinhyt
  • Regular
  • 11 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 11 replies
  • 0 likes

White screen accessing account page

I can’t reach the account page to add my wife to family account. Just keep getting white screen with nothing on it. Is is there an issue at the moment? s.

• I can’t reach the account page to add my wife to family account.  Just keep getting white screen with nothing on it.    Is is there an issue at the moment?   s.
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Got logged out by no reason

Hi! While teaching danceclass today, Spotify logged me out from a premium account I had for almost 10 years. I know the username and password is correct, but it does not allow me to log in again. Spotify charged me as usually 18/02/18. The account is...

• Hi!  While teaching danceclass today, Spotify logged me out from a premium account I had for almost 10 years. I know the username and password is correct, but it does not allow me to log in aga...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Discover is not updating

My Spotify Browse/Discover "Top recommendations for you" section hasn't been updating for almost two weeks. What can be done to fix this? It's my main reason to use spotify. I already logged in and out. And un- refollowed my Discover Weekly. Thank yo...

• Regular
  • My Spotify Browse/Discover "Top recommendations for you" section hasn't been updating for almost two weeks. What can be done to fix this? It's my main reason to use spotify.   I already l...
  • blake
  • Community Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Discover Tab Not Updating

My favorite feature of Spotify is the Discover tab. It hasn't updated for a couple weeks now. Is this feature dying off? I'm not sure I would keep using Spotify if this isn't being updated regularly.

• Casual Listener
  • My favorite feature of Spotify is the Discover tab. It hasn't updated for a couple weeks now. Is this feature dying off? I'm not sure I would keep using Spotify if this isn't being updated regularly....
  • xatn7
  • Regular
  • 5 replies
  • 7 likes
  • 5 replies
  • 7 likes

Can't drag songs to playlist

When you click and drag songs to a playlist, it does not highlight and does not drop the songs in when you unclick. You have to click a playlist to open and then go back to the source of songs you want to drag before you can drag songs to it.

• Gig Goer
  • When you click and drag songs to a playlist, it does not highlight and does not drop the songs in when you unclick. You have to click a playlist to open and then go back to the source of songs y...
  • kdhunter1
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Cannot turn off "Auto login" for Mac

Hi everyone! Recently I clean installed my Macbook system and installed Spotify. But it just consistentaly auto start when I turn my Macbook on. The weird thing is that I make it off in the settings but everytime I close Spotiy and reopen it, the set...

• Casual Listener
  • Hi everyone! Recently I clean installed my Macbook system and installed Spotify. But it just consistentaly auto start when I turn my Macbook on. The weird thing is that I make it off in the settings ...
  • Bittencourt
  • Spotify Star
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! How to add entire playlist to Your Music

I love that I can now sort my music via artists and album. I want to add my entire starred playlist to "Your Music" songs. When I curently just drag the playlist into "songs" it doesn't add the albums or artists to the other respective "your music" t...

• Casual Listener
  • I love that I can now sort my music via artists and album. I want to add my entire starred playlist to "Your Music" songs. When I curently just drag the playlist into "songs" it doesn't add the album...
  • DinGud
  • 11 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 11 replies
  • 1 likes

Suggestion: Tell me which song is unavailable.

I get this message every day I start Spotify on my work Mac. I have a large number of playlists on Spotify, and I simply have no idea which song(s) it could be referring to.A more user friendly way of alerting a user to the issue would be to have the...

• Casual Listener
  • I get this message every day I start Spotify on my work Mac. I have a large number of playlists on Spotify, and I simply have no idea which song(s) it could be referring to. A more use...
  • phan_times
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

I have an IPhone & desktop Mac. There is no sound coming from the desktop.

When I click on my IPhone to play music on the desktop Mac, no sound is heard though the bar indicatating the music is playing is moving. I have checked all volume places.This has happened before but resolved on its own. I am logged on correctly. The...

• When I click on my IPhone to play music on the desktop Mac, no sound is heard though the bar indicatating the music is playing is moving.  I have checked all volume places. This has happened be...
  • AliBB
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes