Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Desktop (Mac)

Discuss Spotify for Mac

Start a topic

Forum Posts

Jam now available on Desktop

Spotify is bringing Jam to the desktop app! 拾 ️ Now you can start or join a listening party with your friends, family, colleagues, and classmates, with the Spotify desktop app in addition to the mobile app. Although you can listen on your own, Jam in...

Start Jam Menu - Desktop App.png Queue Right Sidebar.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

New "Now Playing View" sidebar

Spotify is introducing a new "Now Playing View" sidebar in the desktop app and Web Player to go along with the recently released "Your Library" sidebar. The Now Playing View in the right sidebar shows the album art and info of the current song or pod...

• Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

New Your Library sidebar

Spotify is introducing a new Your Library sidebar in the desktop app and Web Player. The new Your Library sidebar is rolling out to all desktop users now, so you will be seeing it soon if you haven't already. The new Your Library sidebar improves nav...

Sidebar Tips.png Desktop Sidebar Compact View.png Compact Layout.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 3 likes

Solved!! Spotify free: Music stops on MAC

Edited: Thank you very much everyone for helping! Finally I managed to correct the error and the steps are those that DerpyNerd offered and highlighted as a solution. Hi! I have a MacBook Pro, and for a week now I have a problem with the desktop app....

• Casual Listener
  • bfteach
  • Regular
  • 19 replies
  • 1 likes
  • music stops
  • 19 replies
  • 1 likes

[Mac] Troubleshooting Spotify

Having trouble with Spotify on your Desktop app? Here’s what to try first. Search the Community Someone might have asked your question on the Community before. So type your issue into the search box and have a look. Tip: Don't forget to check our Spo...

• Spotify Legend
  • 0 replies
  • 34 likes
  • Mac
  • 0 replies
  • 34 likes

Leaking file pointers (ports)?

It seems that Spotify is leaking file pointers/ports?See attached screendump from Activity Monitor (Disk) OS X Version 10.11.6 (15G19009)Spotify Version 1.0.73.345.g6c9971ef Output from open file and ports./ /Applications/Spotify.app/Contents/MacOS/S...

• Regular
  • It seems that Spotify is leaking file pointers/ports? See attached screendump from Activity Monitor (Disk)   OS X Version 10.11.6 (15G19009) Spotify Version 1.0.73.345.g6c9971ef  ...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Looking for Help

Im With A Band that has songs on Spotify. I suppose they were connected when I registered the songs with CD BABY.The information on the albums is not complete and there are other songs from other artists mashed into our profile. Wondering how i can u...

• Casual Listener
  • Im With A Band that has songs on Spotify. I suppose they were connected when I registered the songs with CD BABY. The information on the albums is not complete and there are other songs from other a...
  • Melody
  • Spotify
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Need Help

Im With A Band that has songs on Spotify. I suppose they were connected when I registered the songs with CD BABY.The information on the albums is not complete and there are other songs from other artists mashed into our profile. Wondering how i can u...

• Casual Listener
  • Im With A Band that has songs on Spotify. I suppose they were connected when I registered the songs with CD BABY. The information on the albums is not complete and there are other songs from other a...
  • Melody
  • Spotify
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Can't see friend activity

I don't know if it is the update or an error on my computer but I can't see what my friends have previously listened. I can only see what they are listening if they are listening at the moment. Is there a way to fix that or is the update?

• Regular
  • I don't know if it is the update or an error on my computer but I can't see what my friends have previously listened. I can only see what they are listening if they are listening at the moment. ...
  • user-removed
  • Not applicable
  • 5 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 5 replies
  • 2 likes

2 devices won't sync

Hi.I use one Premium account on my iPhone and on my MacBook.Only a few days ago it was like I listened to some music on one of these devices - and the other one showed exactly the same thing.That means, that I could listen on my MacBook, put the musi...

• Casual Listener
  • Hi. I use one Premium account on my iPhone and on my MacBook. Only a few days ago it was like I listened to some music on one of these devices - and the other one showed exactly the same thing....
  • phan_times
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Cant see Playlists in Context Menu

Brief description of the issue:When right click on a song abd i want to add this song to a specific playlist, i cant sse my playlists. Only the "create new playlist" function.After listening to songs a few minutes some playlists can be selected (not ...

• Brief description of the issue: When right click on a song abd i want to add this song to a specific playlist, i cant sse my playlists. Only the "create new playlist" function. After listening to s...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Automatic playlists creation from all albums?

Hi,I've just hit the stupid 10.000 limit within my music library. I only keep full albums in it.I have 2 opions now:1/ Cancel subscribtion and go to Apple Music, or2/ Have all my music (albums) 'moved' to playlists, because there is no limit on the n...

• Music Fan
  • Hi, I've just hit the stupid 10.000 limit within my music library.  I only keep full albums in it. I have 2 opions now: 1/ Cancel subscribtion and go to Apple Music, or 2/ Have all my music ...
  • vderoy
  • Music Fan
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes
  • Albums
    limit
    Playlists
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes

Friend feed no longer shows up

Is this an error on the side of my laptop or with spotify?  

• Is this an error on the side of my laptop or with spotify?    
  • user-removed
  • Not applicable
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Cannot connect to a device chromecast mac desktop app

I am unable to connect to my chromecast (same wifi) from my mac desktop app. When I connect with my phone, sometimes the desktop app shows the connection to chromecast. But it will never show the chromecast without first connecting my phone. THIS IS ...

• I am unable to connect to my chromecast (same wifi) from my mac desktop app. When I connect with my phone, sometimes the desktop app shows the connection to chromecast. But it will never show the chr...
  • IguanaSetup
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 4 likes
  • Mac Desktop App
  • 1 replies
  • 4 likes

A bug for all platforms - cant turn off autostart

This bug exists on Windows 10 UWP, Windows 10 desktop, and macOS (yeah I'm a developer and I know the difference, and YES it does exist on all of these, and YES I have all 3 of these platforms and experience this bug on each despite reloading on thes...

• Regular
  • This bug exists on Windows 10 UWP, Windows 10 desktop, and macOS (yeah I'm a developer and I know the difference, and YES it does exist on all of these, and YES I have all 3 of these platforms and ex...
  • phan_times
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

iTunes to Spotify

I have a pretty large iTunes library and want to move it all over to Spotify. I've downloaded the spotify desktop app, selected iTunes from the appropriate spotify settings as the source of my music but all I get access to are my playlists and not my...

• I have a pretty large iTunes library and want to move it all over to Spotify. I've downloaded the spotify desktop app, selected iTunes from the appropriate spotify settings as the source of my music ...
  • Mgamer
  • Music Fan
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Albums not able to play them!

Hi there i search sometimes albums, i find them, play them but after a while you can't play them anymore!Is this intended?Best Hochenkeit

• Regular
  • Hi there  i search sometimes albums, i find them, play them but after a while you can't play them anymore! Is this intended? Best Hochenkeit  
  • phan_times
  • Community Legend
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

Weird Alphabetical Sorting Issue

So I like to keep my song list organized alphabetically by artist. Before adding songs from The 1975's album from 2016, I had no issues. However, a very strange issue occurs when I add any more than 1 song from the album to my song list- despite bein...

• Casual Listener
  • So I like to keep my song list organized alphabetically by artist.  Before adding songs from The 1975's album from 2016, I had no issues.  However, a very strange issue occurs when I add an...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Very slow to load

I'm on a macbook pro using High Sierra 10.13.2 and Spotify takes an age to load with spinning wheel and an inability to navigate menus (sometimes there are even 2 spinning wheels!) Often I have to force quit and start again. I don't have any problems...

• Casual Listener
  • I'm on a macbook pro using High Sierra 10.13.2 and Spotify takes an age to load with spinning wheel and an inability to navigate menus (sometimes there are even 2 spinning wheels!) Often I have to fo...
  • skybunkerboy
  • Casual Listener
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

Solved!! Highly unstable Spotify

Hello,So for months I've been battleing my Spotify app on my macbook, the problem being that it at any time might randomly switch into Offline mode, even though I have internet connection (this being quite poor in my city, but always present when Spo...

• Hello, So for months I've been battleing my Spotify app on my macbook, the problem being that it at any time might randomly switch into Offline mode, even though I have internet connection (t...
  • phan_times
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

I am a premium member. I cannot download songs, I have no album art, settings cannot be saved.

In addition, I cannot reach spotify support online at all. I keep getting the message that says "Het! Lokks like your'e offline. We've made sure you can still read some of our articles.

• Casual Listener
  • In addition, I cannot reach spotify support online at all. I keep getting the message that says "Het! Lokks like your'e offline. We've made sure you can still read some of our articles. 
  • phan_times
  • Community Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! STATS STATS STATS

please tell me i'm wrong - there is absolutely no way to know to which artist i've listen to the most in 2017, or last month, or ever. or which track, or playslit, or how much time did i spend listning to music on spotify. all the data that Spotify h...

• Music Fan
  • please tell me i'm wrong - there is absolutely no way to know to which artist i've listen to the most in 2017, or last month, or ever. or which track, or playslit, or how much time did i spend l...
  • Bethany_Dawn
  • Community Legend
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes

Unable to drag songs to playlists

In the past week or so, the functionality to drag tracks from Songs to Playlists has stopped working.

• In the past week or so, the functionality to drag tracks from Songs to Playlists has stopped working. 
  • Oscar
  • Music Fan
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Desktop Mac App Performance is absolutely atrocious

Hi Spotify, This has been going on far too long. The persistant cache building and reindexing/rebuilding is rendering my desktop app almost useless. I have to go and find the folder, wipe it and restart Spotify manually. This quick fix worked for a w...

• Casual Listener
  • Hi Spotify,   This has been going on far too long. The persistant cache building and reindexing/rebuilding is rendering my desktop app almost useless. I have to go and find the folder, wipe it...
  • jkseconde
  • Casual Listener
  • 3 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 1 likes

Play queue repeats is ANNOYING!!!

When playing a song from an album or the top 50, etc! When the last song plays the stupid thing starts all over AGAIN!!! How do I stop / prevent this from happening.... This is SO STUPID / FRUSTRATING... If the last song plays, there should be NOTHIN...

• Roadie
  • When playing a song from an album or the top 50, etc!   When the last song plays the stupid thing starts all over AGAIN!!! How do I stop / prevent this from happening....   This is SO S...
  • TastedWasted
  • Casual Listener
  • 15 replies
  • 4 likes
  • Mac
    Windows
  • 15 replies
  • 4 likes