Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Desktop (Mac)

Discuss Spotify for Mac

Start a topic

Forum Posts

Jam now available on Desktop

Spotify is bringing Jam to the desktop app! 拾 ️ Now you can start or join a listening party with your friends, family, colleagues, and classmates, with the Spotify desktop app in addition to the mobile app. Although you can listen on your own, Jam in...

Start Jam Menu - Desktop App.png Queue Right Sidebar.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

New "Now Playing View" sidebar

Spotify is introducing a new "Now Playing View" sidebar in the desktop app and Web Player to go along with the recently released "Your Library" sidebar. The Now Playing View in the right sidebar shows the album art and info of the current song or pod...

• Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

New Your Library sidebar

Spotify is introducing a new Your Library sidebar in the desktop app and Web Player. The new Your Library sidebar is rolling out to all desktop users now, so you will be seeing it soon if you haven't already. The new Your Library sidebar improves nav...

Sidebar Tips.png Desktop Sidebar Compact View.png Compact Layout.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 3 likes

Solved!! Spotify free: Music stops on MAC

Edited: Thank you very much everyone for helping! Finally I managed to correct the error and the steps are those that DerpyNerd offered and highlighted as a solution. Hi! I have a MacBook Pro, and for a week now I have a problem with the desktop app....

• Casual Listener
  • bfteach
  • Regular
  • 19 replies
  • 1 likes
  • music stops
  • 19 replies
  • 1 likes

[Mac] Troubleshooting Spotify

Having trouble with Spotify on your Desktop app? Here’s what to try first. Search the Community Someone might have asked your question on the Community before. So type your issue into the search box and have a look. Tip: Don't forget to check our Spo...

• Spotify Legend
  • 0 replies
  • 34 likes
  • Mac
  • 0 replies
  • 34 likes

Solved!! Highly unstable Spotify

Hello,So for months I've been battleing my Spotify app on my macbook, the problem being that it at any time might randomly switch into Offline mode, even though I have internet connection (this being quite poor in my city, but always present when Spo...

• Hello, So for months I've been battleing my Spotify app on my macbook, the problem being that it at any time might randomly switch into Offline mode, even though I have internet connection (t...
  • phan_times
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

I am a premium member. I cannot download songs, I have no album art, settings cannot be saved.

In addition, I cannot reach spotify support online at all. I keep getting the message that says "Het! Lokks like your'e offline. We've made sure you can still read some of our articles.

• Casual Listener
  • In addition, I cannot reach spotify support online at all. I keep getting the message that says "Het! Lokks like your'e offline. We've made sure you can still read some of our articles. 
  • phan_times
  • Community Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! STATS STATS STATS

please tell me i'm wrong - there is absolutely no way to know to which artist i've listen to the most in 2017, or last month, or ever. or which track, or playslit, or how much time did i spend listning to music on spotify. all the data that Spotify h...

• Music Fan
  • please tell me i'm wrong - there is absolutely no way to know to which artist i've listen to the most in 2017, or last month, or ever. or which track, or playslit, or how much time did i spend l...
  • Bethany_Dawn
  • Community Legend
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes

Unable to drag songs to playlists

In the past week or so, the functionality to drag tracks from Songs to Playlists has stopped working.

• In the past week or so, the functionality to drag tracks from Songs to Playlists has stopped working. 
  • Oscar
  • Music Fan
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Desktop Mac App Performance is absolutely atrocious

Hi Spotify, This has been going on far too long. The persistant cache building and reindexing/rebuilding is rendering my desktop app almost useless. I have to go and find the folder, wipe it and restart Spotify manually. This quick fix worked for a w...

• Casual Listener
  • Hi Spotify,   This has been going on far too long. The persistant cache building and reindexing/rebuilding is rendering my desktop app almost useless. I have to go and find the folder, wipe it...
  • jkseconde
  • Casual Listener
  • 3 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 1 likes

Play queue repeats is ANNOYING!!!

When playing a song from an album or the top 50, etc! When the last song plays the stupid thing starts all over AGAIN!!! How do I stop / prevent this from happening.... This is SO STUPID / FRUSTRATING... If the last song plays, there should be NOTHIN...

• Roadie
  • When playing a song from an album or the top 50, etc!   When the last song plays the stupid thing starts all over AGAIN!!! How do I stop / prevent this from happening....   This is SO S...
  • TastedWasted
  • Casual Listener
  • 15 replies
  • 4 likes
  • Mac
    Windows
  • 15 replies
  • 4 likes

Bug with adding folders to folders

The current folder structure can be seen in the attached image. But whenever I try to add the Kanye West folder to the Rap folder, it doesn't move, and then disables me from trying to move any playlists again until i close and re-open spotify.

• Regular
  • The current folder structure can be seen in the attached image. But whenever I try to add the Kanye West folder to the Rap folder, it doesn't move, and then disables me from trying to move any playli...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Switching device playing switches song

DevicesDevice A PC Windows 10Device B MacbookPro MacOS X 10.12.6PreconditionsSame user is logged in to both devicesSteps to reproduceUser starts playing song on device BUser switches to device A in spotify appBehaviourNext song stats playing with the...

• Devices Device A PC Windows 10 Device B MacbookPro MacOS X 10.12.6 Preconditions Same user is logged in to both devices Steps to reproduce User starts playing song on device B User switch...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Play/Pause key(on Mac's keyboard) is not working on Spotify

Hi, folks since 2-3 weeks ago sometimes Play/Pause, Back and Next keys on Mac's keyboard is not working for Spotify. On other apps like iTunes, Vox this problem is not available. When I reboot my device problem goes and appears after a period of time...

• Hi, folks since 2-3 weeks ago sometimes Play/Pause, Back and Next keys on Mac's keyboard is not working for Spotify. On other apps like iTunes, Vox this problem is not available. When I reboot m...
  • 0 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 2 likes

Optical 5.1 sound

Hello, I have Logitech z5500 on my Mac. But 5.1 sound don't work on spotify. When I'm setting on logitech speakers Dolby PLII Music effect, 5.1 sound working. But I tested this sound speakers on Samsung TV and 5.1 sound worked with DTS codec. How I s...

• Visitor
  • Hello,   I have Logitech z5500 on my Mac. But 5.1 sound don't work on spotify. When I'm setting on logitech speakers Dolby PLII Music effect, 5.1 sound working. But I tested this sound speaker...
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes

Playlist Page Won't Load/Can't Follow Playlists

Hello! So my Spotify Playlists won't load whatsoever on the page, and an error always comes up. I'm not sure how or why it happened, but my playlists only appear on the Spotify mobile app (iOS).I've already tried logging out and logging back in, and ...

• Visitor
  • Hello! So my Spotify Playlists won't load whatsoever on the page, and an error always comes up. I'm not sure how or why it happened, but my playlists only appear on the Spotify mobile app (iOS). I...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify app for PowerPC still works January 2018

I sometimes fire up my iMac G4 20 inch (from year 2003) that runs OSX Tiger with Spotify app (Spotify version for PowerPC Macs from around 2011, contemporary with Apple announcing no new OS upgrades for that platform). And today in 2018 it still work...

• Casual Listener
  • I sometimes fire up my iMac G4 20 inch (from year 2003) that runs OSX Tiger with Spotify app (Spotify version for PowerPC Macs from around 2011, contemporary with Apple announcing no new OS upgr...
  • CryticalAce
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 3 likes

Is there a list view for albums/artists etc or are we restricted to this inconvenient grid view?

I keep looking for a way to view my categories as a list instead of this awful grid view with album covers which is I guess all the rage in design but is HORRIBLE from a usability perspective, however I cannot find any such option. Am I missing somet...

• Regular
  •  I keep looking for a way to view my categories as a list instead of this awful grid view with album covers which is I guess all the rage in design but is HORRIBLE from a usability perspective, ...
  • user_y
  • Music Fan
  • 13 replies
  • 39 likes
  • Linux
    Mac
    Windows
  • 13 replies
  • 39 likes

Pausing track doesn't fade volume when playing through Sonos speakers

When I use the Spotify apps to play music to Sonos speakers and I pause/play the music, it doesn't fade out/in like when I pause/play it through my headphones. It should.

• Casual Listener
  • When I use the Spotify apps to play music to Sonos speakers and I pause/play the music, it doesn't fade out/in like when I pause/play it through my headphones. It should. 
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Continuous play

Why do songs sometimes play continuously and other times not?

• Casual Listener
  • Why do songs sometimes play continuously and other times not?
  • ADB68
  • 43 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 43 replies
  • 1 likes

Black Screen

It's 2018 and I'm hoping you have an easy solution to a black screen on start up (for Mac)?

• It's 2018 and I'm hoping you have an easy solution to a black screen on start up (for Mac)?
  • karsenbailey
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Track list disappeared

I spent two hours pulling together a play list for a party next week. I even copied and pasted a link to my flat mate to show them. The tracks (around 70-80) have now disappeared. The playlist is called "commercial dance pop" on my account. Not one s...

• Casual Listener
  • I spent two hours pulling together a play list for a party next week. I even copied and pasted a link to my flat mate to show them. The tracks (around 70-80) have now disappeared. The playlist is cal...
  • imyourfan
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Playlist Picture not loading

I've tried adding pictures to a few of the new playlists I created on my mac this week, but spotify keeps rejecting them. After I try to add an image a red window appears on the bottom saying: "That image is too small. It must be at least 300 x 300."...

• Casual Listener
  • I've tried adding pictures to a few of the new playlists I created on my mac this week, but spotify keeps rejecting them. After I try to add an image a red window appears on the bottom saying: "That ...
  • effermanjezell
  • Regular
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Playlist Cover Art Not Showing

I created a playlist that is linked to a church devotional. I edited the playlist details and uploaded an image, but it won't display the image as the cover art. The image still shows up when I "edit playlist details," but it doesn't show up in the a...

• I created a playlist that is linked to a church devotional. I edited the playlist details and uploaded an image, but it won't display the image as the cover art. The image still shows up when I "edit...
  • effermanjezell
  • Regular
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Chaining Proxy and VPN in mac

Hi everyone, Spotify is not accessible in my country, so I should use Proxy.The problem happens when I am in university in which I should use VPN to connect to the Internet, in this case, I use Proxy for the Web by setting it in advanced setting of V...

• Hi everyone,   Spotify is not accessible in my country, so I should use Proxy. The problem happens when I am in university in which I should use VPN to connect to the Internet, in this case, ...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes