Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Desktop (Mac)

Discuss Spotify for Mac

Start a topic

Forum Posts

Jam now available on Desktop

Spotify is bringing Jam to the desktop app! 拾 ️ Now you can start or join a listening party with your friends, family, colleagues, and classmates, with the Spotify desktop app in addition to the mobile app. Although you can listen on your own, Jam in...

Start Jam Menu - Desktop App.png Queue Right Sidebar.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

New "Now Playing View" sidebar

Spotify is introducing a new "Now Playing View" sidebar in the desktop app and Web Player to go along with the recently released "Your Library" sidebar. The Now Playing View in the right sidebar shows the album art and info of the current song or pod...

• Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

New Your Library sidebar

Spotify is introducing a new Your Library sidebar in the desktop app and Web Player. The new Your Library sidebar is rolling out to all desktop users now, so you will be seeing it soon if you haven't already. The new Your Library sidebar improves nav...

Sidebar Tips.png Desktop Sidebar Compact View.png Compact Layout.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 3 likes

Solved!! Spotify free: Music stops on MAC

Edited: Thank you very much everyone for helping! Finally I managed to correct the error and the steps are those that DerpyNerd offered and highlighted as a solution. Hi! I have a MacBook Pro, and for a week now I have a problem with the desktop app....

• Casual Listener
  • bfteach
  • Regular
  • 19 replies
  • 1 likes
  • music stops
  • 19 replies
  • 1 likes

[Mac] Troubleshooting Spotify

Having trouble with Spotify on your Desktop app? Here’s what to try first. Search the Community Someone might have asked your question on the Community before. So type your issue into the search box and have a look. Tip: Don't forget to check our Spo...

• Spotify Legend
  • 0 replies
  • 34 likes
  • Mac
  • 0 replies
  • 34 likes

User interface bug

Just noticed a weird bug in the desktop app for Mac, at the top above the song names where it usually displays the album artwork, the big green play/pause button, download button etc. it’s now just a big blank space (see screenshot) When I scroll thr...

Screenshot 2018-01-21 15.17.17.png
  • Music Fan
  • Just noticed a weird bug in the desktop app for Mac, at the top above the song names where it usually displays the album artwork, the big green play/pause button, download button etc. it’s now just a...
  • bixbite
  • Casual Listener
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Can't access Spotify.com + others from my Mac on any browser

I'm having this problem of not being able to access certain high profile site like yours, and Amazon on my MAc using any browser. No one has answers. I just bought Premium today and want it on my MAc but can't access it. Funny enough I can open play....

• Casual Listener
  • I'm having this problem of not being able to access certain high profile site like yours, and Amazon on my MAc using any browser. No one has answers. I just bought Premium today and want it on my MAc...
  • ElleJohnston
  • Regular
  • 3 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 1 likes

Spotify Loudness Inconsistencies on Mac Desktop Client

Hi! I am a music producer and mixer and found a strange glitch in the loudness of tracks on Spotify when listening on my mac Spotify desktop client. Essentially, tracks are hitting my meters at very different levels - some are hitting more normally f...

• Casual Listener
  • Hi!   I am a music producer and mixer and found a strange glitch in the loudness of tracks on Spotify when listening on my mac Spotify desktop client.   Essentially, tracks are hitting ...
  • autay622
  • Casual Listener
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Desktop
    loudness
    Mac
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Local Files Issue

I bought a demo for a song i really like, it was named the same as the official release. The demo overwrote the music file which was in spotify, which meant if i were to listen to the official album the track would be swapped out with the demo. i tri...

• I bought a demo for a song i really like, it was named the same as the official release. The demo overwrote the music file which was in spotify, which meant if i were to listen to the official album ...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

B I N A N C E DIAL +1 888 851 7608 how to trade on binance binance

BINANCE DIAL +1 888 851 7608 how to trade on binance binanceBINANCE DIAL +1 888 851 7608 how to trade on binance binanceBINANCE DIAL +1 888 851 7608 how to trade on binance binanceBINANCE DIAL +1 888 851 7608 how to trade on binance binanceB I NANCE ...

• Casual Listener
  • BINANCE DIAL  +1 888 851 7608 how to trade on binance binance BINANCE DIAL  +1 888 851 7608 how to trade on binance binance BINANCE DIAL  +1 888 851 7608 how to trade on binance bina...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

fhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

hhhhhhhhhhhhfddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddd...

• Regular
  • hhhhhhhhhhhhfdddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddd...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

+1¥¥¥-800_919_0992"QUICKbooks payroll tech SUPPort telePHOne numBER™ ✿✿*"Intuit quickbooks payroll

+1¥¥¥-800_919_0992"QUICKbooks payroll tech SUPPort telePHOne numBER™ ✿✿*"Intuit quickbooks payroll support number+1¥¥¥-800_919_0992"QUICKbooks payroll tech SUPPort telePHOne numBER™ ✿✿*"Intuit quickbooks payroll support number+1¥¥¥-800_919_0992"QUICK...

• Regular
  • +1¥¥¥-800_919_0992"QUICKbooks payroll tech SUPPort telePHOne numBER™ ✿✿*"Intuit  quickbooks payroll support number +1¥¥¥-800_919_0992"QUICKbooks payroll tech SUPPort telePHOne numBER™ ✿✿*"Intui...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Not scrobbling to facebook

Since just over 1 month,none of my spotify listening activity is being published to facebook anymoreUsing windows store version of spotify on windows 10 creators updateNothing changed on my endUninstalled,reinstalled,disconnected from facebook,reconn...

• Roadie
  • Since just over 1 month,none of my spotify listening activity is being published to facebook anymore Using windows store version of spotify on windows 10 creators update Nothing changed on my end ...
  • estebanespinoza
  • 13 replies
  • 3 likes
  • Windows
  • 13 replies
  • 3 likes

Desktop(Mac) UNINSTALL SPOTIFYY

I need help, ahm i wanna unistall spotify in my mac, but i dont know how. Can someone tell me how i can do it, unistall it permanently.????

• Casual Listener
  • I need help, ahm i wanna unistall spotify in my mac, but i dont know how.   Can someone tell me how i can do it, unistall it permanently.????
  • EddSchlaghecke
  • Regular
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Can't play playlist or music at all...

I have spotify on a chromebook and that's it. I have an issue. It is only on a song, but won't play it. I can't play any others and can't select a playlist. I have tried logging out and back inot my account, shutting off my computer, refreshing it, a...

• I have spotify on a chromebook and that's it. I have an issue. It is only on a song, but won't play it. I can't play any others and can't select a playlist. I have tried logging out and back inot my ...
  • FabianS_Bogota
  • Roadie
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Playlist..not playing?

Hello all - This has happened in the last week or so and it's driving me nuts! Not sure what I've done, though I don't *believe* I've touched any settings, etc.. For whatever reason, no matter which playlist I turn on, it'll play one song from the pl...

• Hello all -   This has happened in the last week or so and it's driving me nuts! Not sure what I've done, though I don't *believe* I've touched any settings, etc.. For whatever reason, no matt...
  • FabianS_Bogota
  • Roadie
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Only Coldplay songs start to bug .

Only certain coldplay songs start to bug , like they stuck in a certain minute like a broken record and wont move past that second , and then the song automatically skips , i have had this issue for some time now , it only happens with some Coldplay ...

• Only certain coldplay songs start to bug , like they stuck in a certain minute like a broken record and wont move past that second , and then the song automatically skips , i have had this issue for ...
  • FabianS_Bogota
  • Roadie
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • bug
    coldplay
    Windows
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Songs will not play

Can not get Spotify to play any songs. Doesn't matter if they are in my playlist or just random searches. Songs are selected one by one with an error stating it is unavailable. This happens with my desk top and iphone, doesn't matter. Tried reinstall...

• Can not get Spotify to play any songs. Doesn't matter if they are in my playlist or just random searches. Songs are selected one by one with an error stating it is unavailable. This happens with my d...
  • FabianS_Bogota
  • Roadie
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Can't access and login spotify app on mac

Hi,woke up this morning to find that spotify has shut me out. I can't even login to the app. Tried resetting and reinstalling, but to no avail. What should I do??

• Hi, woke up this morning to find that spotify has shut me out. I can't even login to the app. Tried resetting and reinstalling, but to no avail. What should I do??
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

How to download all tracks to OFFLINE mode on Mac?

Mac has a huge disk space & can download on wifi at home so makes sense to just have them all available in offline mode. How can we do this? I know how to manually save & download a track to Spotify on the Mac but do we have to do this to every Playl...

• Casual Listener
  • Mac has a huge disk space & can download on wifi at home so makes sense to just have them all available in offline mode.   How can we do this? I know how to manually save & download a ...
  • DTph17
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Applescript change listening on?

Hi,I'm using applescript for controling spotify through homekit. I use several units as remote controls but I would like my mac server to always be the "player" and the other just remotes. When another device accidential takes control I always need t...

• Hi, I'm using applescript for controling spotify through homekit. I use several units as remote controls but I would like my mac server to always be the "player" and the other just remotes. When ano...
  • 0 replies
  • 4 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 4 likes

Friends Can't See What I'm listening to

I already turned on all the settings for friends to see me on the sidebar yet they still cannot. I even have premium. Can someone please help?

• I already turned on all the settings for friends to see me on the sidebar yet they still cannot.  I even have premium.  Can someone please help?
  • EddSchlaghecke
  • Regular
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

error code 4 - doesn't recognise internet connection

Hi, i have the same problem in my phone and tablet. My app doesnt recognize my conection, what can i do in that case. Ive tried with uninstall my windows firewall and my spotify app doesnt work.

• Hi, i have the same problem in my phone and tablet. My app doesnt recognize my conection, what can i do in that case. Ive tried with uninstall my windows firewall and my spotify app doesnt work.
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Takes forever to load

Hi there. After the last update Spotify really takes a looooooong time to load. I'm on Mac mini. Tons of RAM, really fast internet.Can you give some explanation, tips? Thanks for all the great work. Cheers,Zrinko

• Music Fan
  • Hi there.   After the last update Spotify really takes a looooooong time to load.  I'm on Mac mini. Tons of RAM, really fast internet. Can you give some explanation, tips?   ...
  • -Arya-
  • 20 replies
  • 6 likes
  • Mac
  • 20 replies
  • 6 likes

Popup ads keep pausing music

Everytime an ad pops up (as a banner on lower screen) in Spotify, the music pauses. Any suggestions as how to correct this, Spotify is only on my desktop and I have the free version. TYIA.

• Casual Listener
  • Everytime an ad pops up (as a banner on lower screen) in Spotify, the music pauses.  Any suggestions as how to correct this, Spotify is only on my desktop and I have the free version. TYIA.
  • Alfredo
  • Roadie
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Desktop
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes