Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Desktop (Mac)

Discuss Spotify for Mac

Start a topic

Forum Posts

Jam now available on Desktop

Spotify is bringing Jam to the desktop app! 拾 ️ Now you can start or join a listening party with your friends, family, colleagues, and classmates, with the Spotify desktop app in addition to the mobile app. Although you can listen on your own, Jam in...

Start Jam Menu - Desktop App.png Queue Right Sidebar.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

New "Now Playing View" sidebar

Spotify is introducing a new "Now Playing View" sidebar in the desktop app and Web Player to go along with the recently released "Your Library" sidebar. The Now Playing View in the right sidebar shows the album art and info of the current song or pod...

• Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

New Your Library sidebar

Spotify is introducing a new Your Library sidebar in the desktop app and Web Player. The new Your Library sidebar is rolling out to all desktop users now, so you will be seeing it soon if you haven't already. The new Your Library sidebar improves nav...

Sidebar Tips.png Desktop Sidebar Compact View.png Compact Layout.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 3 likes

Solved!! Spotify free: Music stops on MAC

Edited: Thank you very much everyone for helping! Finally I managed to correct the error and the steps are those that DerpyNerd offered and highlighted as a solution. Hi! I have a MacBook Pro, and for a week now I have a problem with the desktop app....

• Casual Listener
  • bfteach
  • Regular
  • 19 replies
  • 1 likes
  • music stops
  • 19 replies
  • 1 likes

[Mac] Troubleshooting Spotify

Having trouble with Spotify on your Desktop app? Here’s what to try first. Search the Community Someone might have asked your question on the Community before. So type your issue into the search box and have a look. Tip: Don't forget to check our Spo...

• Spotify Legend
  • 0 replies
  • 34 likes
  • Mac
  • 0 replies
  • 34 likes

sadf

sadf

• Regular
  • sadf
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

SPOTIFY ON MACBOOK WON'T CONNECT TO WI-FI SPEAKERS

I launched Spotify from my macbook and after running an update I cannot connect the laptop app to my YAMAHA RX-A820 via airplay. I am sure previously when listened to spotify via laptop I was able to connect it to the wireless audio system. Iphone re...

• Casual Listener
  • I launched Spotify from my macbook and after running an update I cannot connect the laptop app to my YAMAHA RX-A820 via airplay. I am sure previously when listened to spotify via laptop I was able to...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! [Desktop][Mac] Crossfade is constantly being disabled automatically

I don't know what happens but the Spotify songs crossfade is automatically being disabled each time I enable it. I mean, I am able to enable it but few minutes after, it is disabled automatically and I don't know why that happens.I guess it is a bug ...

• Casual Listener
  • I don't know what happens but the Spotify songs crossfade is automatically being disabled each time I enable it. I mean, I am able to enable it but few minutes after, it is disabled automatically and...
  • IguanaSetup
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Music Changes Pitch After Cutting Out

I figured I'd post these here for the staff to see. I'm a software developer on the Mac/iOS, and when I'm using Xcode, sometimes during a build, the system resources get tied up. During this, the sound output for Spotify will cut for half a second, a...

• I figured I'd post these here for the staff to see.   I'm a software developer on the Mac/iOS, and when I'm using Xcode, sometimes during a build, the system resources get tied up. During th...
  • user-removed
  • Not applicable
  • 8 replies
  • 5 likes
  • 8 replies
  • 5 likes

play history

Hello, I've updated a personal playlist and I'd love to go back through the play history and find the older version. How can I access a FULL history, not just the last 50 songs.

• Hello,    I've updated a personal playlist and I'd love to go back through the play history and find the older version. How can I access a FULL history, not just the last 50 songs. 
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

DESKTOP SO SLOW

I have spotify downloaded onto my desktop for my mac and i can listen to maybe 4 songs before everything stops loading. If i'm lucky the playlist i'm on continues playing, but i cannot search anyhthing or go onto any other playlist. Nothing loads. Do...

• I have spotify downloaded onto my desktop for my mac and i can listen to maybe 4 songs before everything stops loading. If i'm lucky the playlist i'm on continues playing, but i cannot search anyhthi...
  • J-Li
  • Regular
  • 4 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 1 likes

Solved!! Auto open spotify on startup always on

Hi,I can't turn this feature OFF, it's stuck on minimized.Anyone have solution?

• Casual Listener
  • Hi, I can't turn this feature OFF, it's stuck on minimized. Anyone have solution?
  • jaknudsen
  • Gig Goer
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

ertsery sdfgysdty

sdfghsy styerty sdftysry tyhdfh rtfyret wrtwy sdrtyvhrty rse5tyw45 rt6yw4c sdfghf sdfgy artr sdty rty rty yt rsdrtfysrty ftyxfy srty45e5 wrstyer6 dyry druyd dfvhthj dtyhd5ryjt dtrtyu

• Regular
  • sdfghsy styerty sdftysry tyhdfh rtfyret wrtwy sdrtyvhrty rse5tyw45 rt6yw4c sdfghf sdfgy artr sdty rty rty yt rsdrtfysrty ftyxfy srty45e5 wrstyer6 dyry druyd dfvhthj dtyhd5ryjt dtrtyu 
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

https://community.spotify.com/t5/Desktop-Mac/Bitcoin-helpline-Number-1-844-484-4394-Bitcoin-helpline

https://community.spotify.com/t5/Desktop-Mac/Bitcoin-helpline-Number-1-844-484-4394-Bitcoin-helpline-phone/m-p/4332566https://community.spotify.com/t5/Desktop-Mac/Bitcoin-helpline-Number-1-844-484-4394-Bitcoin-helpline-phone/m-p/4332566 https://commu...

• Regular
  • https://community.spotify.com/t5/Desktop-Mac/Bitcoin-helpline-Number-1-844-484-4394-Bitcoin-helpline-phone/m-p/4332566 https://community.spotify.com/t5/Desktop-Mac/Bitcoin-helpline-Number-1-844-484-...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

xdgfdgsdfhghg

xdgfdgsdfhghgxdgfdgsdfhghgxdgfdgsdfhghgxdgfdgsdfhghgxdgfdgsdfhghgxdgfdgsdfhghgxdgfdgsdfhghgxdgfdgsdfhghgxdgfdgsdfhghgxdgfdgsdfhghgxdgfdgsdfhghgxdgfdgsdfhghgxdgfdgsdfhghgxdgfdgsdfhghgxdgfdgsdfhghgxdgfdgsdfhghgxdgfdgsdfhghgxdgfdgsdfhghgxdgfdgsdfhghgxdg...

• Regular
  • xdgfdgsdfhghgxdgfdgsdfhghgxdgfdgsdfhghgxdgfdgsdfhghgxdgfdgsdfhghgxdgfdgsdfhghgxdgfdgsdfhghgxdgfdgsdfhghgxdgfdgsdfhghgxdgfdgsdfhghgxdgfdgsdfhghgxdgfdgsdfhghgxdgfdgsdfhghgxdgfdgsdfhghgxdgfdgsdfhghgxdgf...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Solution to syncing your laptop to phone!

If you are having trouble being able to sync saved songs from your Mac to your phone, follow these steps! :1. Create a new playlist2. Go to your downloaded songs and select them all by either hitting the control key or shift key and hit the down arro...

• If you are having trouble being able to sync saved songs from your Mac to your phone, follow these steps! : 1. Create a new playlist 2. Go to your downloaded songs and select them al...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

My chrome cast does not appear in my device list on Spotify Mac

Chromecast does not show up in my Desktop Spotify app where it does on my iphone... Please Advise... *Before you ask - Yes, ChromeCast is ON... as it does show up alirght on my iphone.

• Music Fan
  • Chromecast does not show up in my Desktop Spotify app where it does on my iphone...      Please Advise... *Before you ask - Yes,  ChromeCast is ON... as it does show up al...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

[URGENT BUG] Cannot drag and drop songs into playlists Mac OSX Desktop

EDIT: Problem resolved after restarting, but not at first, then waited another 5 minutes for me to write this post, then returned and it began functioning again. I cannot drag and drop a song into a playlist on my computer.

• EDIT: Problem resolved after restarting, but not at first, then waited another 5 minutes for me to write this post, then returned and it began functioning again.   I cannot drag and drop a son...
  • Bittencourt
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

playlist covers not showing up after changing them

I have never had problems with changing the cover art on my playlists, but i tried today and after doing that I quit the app and when i opened it back up they were back to the old ones. Ive already quit and redownloaded, as well as tried adding the c...

• I have never had problems with changing the cover art on my playlists, but i tried today and after doing that I quit the app and when i opened it back up they were back to the old ones. Ive alre...
  • 0 replies
  • 4 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 4 likes

how can I re sync my mac to offline downloads

Recently I accidentally deleted my mac from my offline devices and I have no idea how to re sync it. I tried to delete and re install the app but it still said on the top as a pop up blue bubble that said 'this device is currently not synced to offli...

• Recently I accidentally deleted my mac from my offline devices and I have no idea how to re sync it. I tried to delete and re install the app but it still said on the top as a pop up blue bubble that...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

help

I am dying to remeber a song i saved but accidentally deleted it was in the all the feels playlist probably around early 2017. He was an asian man and was a singer if that helps please help me remember

• I am dying to remeber a song i saved but accidentally deleted it was in the all the feels playlist probably around early 2017. He was an asian man and was a singer if that helps please help me rememb...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Discover weekly not updating

My discover weekly wont update, its been a few weeks, url:spotify:user:spotify:playlist:37i9dQZEVXcIltJd0OOIwu I log on through facebook, have tried logging out and back, and unfollowing the playlist but no luck. Thanks

• My discover weekly wont update, its been a few weeks, url: spotify:user:spotify:playlist:37i9dQZEVXcIltJd0OOIwu   I log on through facebook, have tried logging out and back, and unfollowing t...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes