Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Desktop (Mac)

Discuss Spotify for Mac

Start a topic

Forum Posts

Jam now available on Desktop

Spotify is bringing Jam to the desktop app! 拾 ️ Now you can start or join a listening party with your friends, family, colleagues, and classmates, with the Spotify desktop app in addition to the mobile app. Although you can listen on your own, Jam in...

Start Jam Menu - Desktop App.png Queue Right Sidebar.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

New "Now Playing View" sidebar

Spotify is introducing a new "Now Playing View" sidebar in the desktop app and Web Player to go along with the recently released "Your Library" sidebar. The Now Playing View in the right sidebar shows the album art and info of the current song or pod...

• Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

New Your Library sidebar

Spotify is introducing a new Your Library sidebar in the desktop app and Web Player. The new Your Library sidebar is rolling out to all desktop users now, so you will be seeing it soon if you haven't already. The new Your Library sidebar improves nav...

Sidebar Tips.png Desktop Sidebar Compact View.png Compact Layout.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 3 likes

Solved!! Spotify free: Music stops on MAC

Edited: Thank you very much everyone for helping! Finally I managed to correct the error and the steps are those that DerpyNerd offered and highlighted as a solution. Hi! I have a MacBook Pro, and for a week now I have a problem with the desktop app....

• Casual Listener
  • bfteach
  • Regular
  • 19 replies
  • 1 likes
  • music stops
  • 19 replies
  • 1 likes

[Mac] Troubleshooting Spotify

Having trouble with Spotify on your Desktop app? Here’s what to try first. Search the Community Someone might have asked your question on the Community before. So type your issue into the search box and have a look. Tip: Don't forget to check our Spo...

• Spotify Legend
  • 0 replies
  • 35 likes
  • Mac
  • 0 replies
  • 35 likes

Empty title bar overlapping the top in fullscreen mode

In OS X Yosemite 10.10.5 and Spotify version 1.0.70.388.g8e1ed5af, I'm seeing a "frosted glass" titlebar overlapping the top of the window when it's in full screen mode. The bar doesn't have buttons, and it overlaps the topmost elements in the interf...

• Casual Listener
  • In OS X Yosemite 10.10.5 and Spotify version 1.0.70.388.g8e1ed5af, I'm seeing a "frosted glass" titlebar overlapping the top of the window when it's in full screen mode. The bar doesn't have buttons,...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! High CPU usage

Hi, If i'm in the Explore tab(Utforska in Swedish) the CPU usage get very high! Seems to have to do with the Music bar(see picture). As soon as i hide it the CPU drops. Best regards Johnny

• Casual Listener
  • Hi, If i'm in the Explore tab(Utforska in Swedish) the CPU usage get very high! Seems to have to do with the Music bar(see picture). As soon as i hide it the CPU drops. Best regards Johnny
  • felix123123
  • Regular
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! OSX - blank black screen

First off, I'm running OSX Mavericks 10.9.4. My Spotify version is 0.9.11.27.g2b1a638c. This problem only exists at work, where I am behind a proxy. The proxy settings work because I can play music and scrobble to last.fm and browse. Here's my issue:...

• Visitor
  • First off, I'm running OSX Mavericks 10.9.4. My Spotify version is 0.9.11.27.g2b1a638c. This problem only exists at work, where I am behind a proxy. The proxy settings work because I can play mu...
  • BrianM3
  • 15 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Mac
  • 15 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Can't delete or remove "Local Files" (OSX)

Hi, this is turning me a little bit bonkers. I can't delete (or remove) songs that show up in my Spotify Desktop client no matter what I try. I will try to explain in detail what I have tried: I have Spotify on my MacI have Spotify on my iPadI have S...

• Casual Listener
  • Hi,   this is turning me a little bit bonkers. I can't delete (or remove) songs that show up in my Spotify Desktop client no matter what I try. I will try to explain in detail what I have trie...
  • benpunter
  • Casual Listener
  • 7 replies
  • 2 likes
  • Mac
  • 7 replies
  • 2 likes

"Service temporarily unavailable" error message

Been getting the message below for a few days. Uninstalling did't solve the problem. The problem is only occuring on my desktop. It works fine on the phone. please help

• Casual Listener
  • Been getting the message below for a few days. Uninstalling did't solve the problem. The problem is only occuring on my desktop. It works fine on the phone. please help
  • smithmas
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Can't set my laptop to manual offline

I can't seem to re-sync my laptop to be able to work offline. I went on the help website but what it described was not helpful. I have a Macbook Air.

• I can't seem to re-sync my laptop to be able to work offline. I went on the help website but what it described was not helpful. I have a Macbook Air. 
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Error 408 - Desktop Mac

Changed my computer and not being able to login on the desktop app.Error 408 appearing even though the country I'm at is the same as the one on my account and the same set on my computer. Moreover, I do have a premium account.Impossible to find a res...

• Visitor
  • Changed my computer and not being able to login on the desktop app. Error 408 appearing even though the country I'm at is the same as the one on my account and the same set on my computer. Moreover,...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Desktop Mac
    Error 408
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

History longer than it is

Hello,I was playing a song and I think Spotify went into radio mode.I can't find a couple of beautiful songs I heard cause I then pressed the back button and the song that played was another one. I then searched pressing forward and now my history is...

• Hello, I was playing a song and I think Spotify went into radio mode. I can't find a couple of beautiful songs I heard cause I then pressed the back button and the song that played was another one....
  • 0 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 2 likes

Download saved songs

When i go to "songs" that leads to all my saved song, i do not have the option to download them! There´s a file with my screen as it is in my computer online and offline..I want to ble able to listen my musics in the offline mode... how do i do that?

• When i go to "songs" that leads to all my saved song, i do not have the option to download them! There´s a file with my screen as it is in my computer online and offline.. I want to ble able to list...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

How to access history further back

I listened to an album about a month ago and forgot the name of the artist. I've listened to tons of music since then and I can't go far enough back in my history to find it. Is there a way to see more?

• I listened to an album about a month ago and forgot the name of the artist. I've listened to tons of music since then and I can't go far enough back in my history to find it. Is there a way to see mo...
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes

werwertg wert

sdfg etwer set 

• Regular
  • sdfg etwer set 
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

collab playlist

I'm having trouble making a collab playlist with my friend. I'm using this website: open.spotify.com and can't seem to add music to his playlist or even make my playlist collab.

• Casual Listener
  • I'm having trouble making a collab playlist with my friend. I'm using this website: open.spotify.com and can't seem to add music to his playlist or even make my playlist collab.
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Status of advertising being much louder than music?

I have seen a few posts with this issue but they all seem closed out as resolved. NOT resolved. I have music while studying set at a mid volume level on my Mac and an occasional ad will start playing that is obviously set at a much higher volume. Lit...

• I have seen a few posts with this issue but they all seem closed out as resolved.  NOT resolved.   I have music while studying set at a mid volume level on my Mac and an occasional ad wil...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Search function broken

Hey, I don't know exactly if this type of support issue should actually be directed to a forum, but here goes:The search function is broken. If I write something, I get a number of quick results, as usual, and they work. However, if I click "Show all...

• Visitor
  • Hey, I don't know exactly if this type of support issue should actually be directed to a forum, but here goes: The search function is broken. If I write something, I get a number of quick results, a...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

No devices available on Spotify Connect. Was OK. Now they've disappeared.

I use Spotify connect on a Macbook Pro connected via wi-fi to BT Broadband Hub and then by LAN cable to Marantz CR611 Amp/Music Streaming device. This has worked fine for a few days, but now there are no devices showing so Spotify only works on the l...

• Casual Listener
  • I use Spotify connect on a Macbook Pro connected via wi-fi to BT Broadband Hub and then by LAN cable to Marantz CR611 Amp/Music Streaming device. This has worked fine for a few days, but now there ar...
  • sharkbait10
  • Gig Goer
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Filter Out Genres You Dislike

My friend plays god awful music on my phone everytime he's in my car. Just because he listens to this **bleep**, doesn't mean I want reccomendations for more. I NEED to be able to filter out the genres I like and dislike. This is the only feauture I ...

• My friend plays god awful music on my phone everytime he's in my car. Just because he listens to this **bleep**, doesn't mean I want reccomendations for more. I NEED to be able to filter out the genr...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Won't install for Macbook

I tried installing spotify but whenever I do the bar would be filled when spotify is installing and would just never install. Anyone know how to fix this?

• I tried installing spotify but whenever I do the bar would be filled when spotify is installing and would just never install. Anyone know how to fix this?  
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes