Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Desktop (Mac)

Discuss Spotify for Mac

Start a topic

Forum Posts

Jam now available on Desktop

Spotify is bringing Jam to the desktop app! 拾 ️ Now you can start or join a listening party with your friends, family, colleagues, and classmates, with the Spotify desktop app in addition to the mobile app. Although you can listen on your own, Jam in...

Start Jam Menu - Desktop App.png Queue Right Sidebar.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

New "Now Playing View" sidebar

Spotify is introducing a new "Now Playing View" sidebar in the desktop app and Web Player to go along with the recently released "Your Library" sidebar. The Now Playing View in the right sidebar shows the album art and info of the current song or pod...

• Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

New Your Library sidebar

Spotify is introducing a new Your Library sidebar in the desktop app and Web Player. The new Your Library sidebar is rolling out to all desktop users now, so you will be seeing it soon if you haven't already. The new Your Library sidebar improves nav...

Sidebar Tips.png Desktop Sidebar Compact View.png Compact Layout.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 3 likes

Solved!! Spotify free: Music stops on MAC

Edited: Thank you very much everyone for helping! Finally I managed to correct the error and the steps are those that DerpyNerd offered and highlighted as a solution. Hi! I have a MacBook Pro, and for a week now I have a problem with the desktop app....

• Casual Listener
  • bfteach
  • Regular
  • 19 replies
  • 1 likes
  • music stops
  • 19 replies
  • 1 likes

[Mac] Troubleshooting Spotify

Having trouble with Spotify on your Desktop app? Here’s what to try first. Search the Community Someone might have asked your question on the Community before. So type your issue into the search box and have a look. Tip: Don't forget to check our Spo...

• Spotify Legend
  • 0 replies
  • 35 likes
  • Mac
  • 0 replies
  • 35 likes

How to access history further back

I listened to an album about a month ago and forgot the name of the artist. I've listened to tons of music since then and I can't go far enough back in my history to find it. Is there a way to see more?

• I listened to an album about a month ago and forgot the name of the artist. I've listened to tons of music since then and I can't go far enough back in my history to find it. Is there a way to see mo...
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes

werwertg wert

sdfg etwer set 

• Regular
  • sdfg etwer set 
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

collab playlist

I'm having trouble making a collab playlist with my friend. I'm using this website: open.spotify.com and can't seem to add music to his playlist or even make my playlist collab.

• Casual Listener
  • I'm having trouble making a collab playlist with my friend. I'm using this website: open.spotify.com and can't seem to add music to his playlist or even make my playlist collab.
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Status of advertising being much louder than music?

I have seen a few posts with this issue but they all seem closed out as resolved. NOT resolved. I have music while studying set at a mid volume level on my Mac and an occasional ad will start playing that is obviously set at a much higher volume. Lit...

• I have seen a few posts with this issue but they all seem closed out as resolved.  NOT resolved.   I have music while studying set at a mid volume level on my Mac and an occasional ad wil...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Search function broken

Hey, I don't know exactly if this type of support issue should actually be directed to a forum, but here goes:The search function is broken. If I write something, I get a number of quick results, as usual, and they work. However, if I click "Show all...

• Visitor
  • Hey, I don't know exactly if this type of support issue should actually be directed to a forum, but here goes: The search function is broken. If I write something, I get a number of quick results, a...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

No devices available on Spotify Connect. Was OK. Now they've disappeared.

I use Spotify connect on a Macbook Pro connected via wi-fi to BT Broadband Hub and then by LAN cable to Marantz CR611 Amp/Music Streaming device. This has worked fine for a few days, but now there are no devices showing so Spotify only works on the l...

• Casual Listener
  • I use Spotify connect on a Macbook Pro connected via wi-fi to BT Broadband Hub and then by LAN cable to Marantz CR611 Amp/Music Streaming device. This has worked fine for a few days, but now there ar...
  • sharkbait10
  • Gig Goer
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Filter Out Genres You Dislike

My friend plays god awful music on my phone everytime he's in my car. Just because he listens to this **bleep**, doesn't mean I want reccomendations for more. I NEED to be able to filter out the genres I like and dislike. This is the only feauture I ...

• My friend plays god awful music on my phone everytime he's in my car. Just because he listens to this **bleep**, doesn't mean I want reccomendations for more. I NEED to be able to filter out the genr...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Won't install for Macbook

I tried installing spotify but whenever I do the bar would be filled when spotify is installing and would just never install. Anyone know how to fix this?

• I tried installing spotify but whenever I do the bar would be filled when spotify is installing and would just never install. Anyone know how to fix this?  
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

fdhdfyhyyryryry

rtwttq34q23q335ttetetwe

• Regular
  • rtwttq34q23q335ttetetwe
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Crossfader disables itself

Hey there!I am using the Spotify Version 1.0.70.388.g8e1ed5af on Mac.I always setted the crossfader on 4 sec. and it always worked. As soon as a I leave the settings, the next playing song doesn't crossfade at my specified time. Since a few weeks the...

• Hey there! I am using the Spotify Version 1.0.70.388.g8e1ed5af on Mac. I always setted the crossfader on 4 sec. and it always worked. As soon as a I leave the settings, the next playing song doesn'...
  • paflourenco
  • Casual Listener
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes

Refresh iTunes Playlists

Hi, The iTunes playlists on my Spotify are about 7 years out of date, and may even be from an old computer. How do I refresh my Spotify, so that my current playlists appear? Many thanks, Alan

• Hi,   The iTunes playlists on my Spotify are about 7 years out of date, and may even be from an old computer. How do I refresh my Spotify, so that my current playlists appear?   Ma...
  • 0 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 2 likes

Bitcoin Support Number

https://kdp.amazon.com/community/thread.jspa?threadID=1298232https://kdp.amazon.com/community/thread.jspa?threadID=1298236https://kdp.amazon.com/community/thread.jspa?threadID=1298239https://kdp.amazon.com/community/thread.jspa?threadID=1298240

• Regular
  • https://kdp.amazon.com/community/thread.jspa?threadID=1298232 https://kdp.amazon.com/community/thread.jspa?threadID=1298236 https://kdp.amazon.com/community/thread.jspa?threadID=1298239 https://kd...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

sadf

sadf

• Regular
  • sadf
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

SPOTIFY ON MACBOOK WON'T CONNECT TO WI-FI SPEAKERS

I launched Spotify from my macbook and after running an update I cannot connect the laptop app to my YAMAHA RX-A820 via airplay. I am sure previously when listened to spotify via laptop I was able to connect it to the wireless audio system. Iphone re...

• Casual Listener
  • I launched Spotify from my macbook and after running an update I cannot connect the laptop app to my YAMAHA RX-A820 via airplay. I am sure previously when listened to spotify via laptop I was able to...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! [Desktop][Mac] Crossfade is constantly being disabled automatically

I don't know what happens but the Spotify songs crossfade is automatically being disabled each time I enable it. I mean, I am able to enable it but few minutes after, it is disabled automatically and I don't know why that happens.I guess it is a bug ...

• Casual Listener
  • I don't know what happens but the Spotify songs crossfade is automatically being disabled each time I enable it. I mean, I am able to enable it but few minutes after, it is disabled automatically and...
  • IguanaSetup
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Music Changes Pitch After Cutting Out

I figured I'd post these here for the staff to see. I'm a software developer on the Mac/iOS, and when I'm using Xcode, sometimes during a build, the system resources get tied up. During this, the sound output for Spotify will cut for half a second, a...

• I figured I'd post these here for the staff to see.   I'm a software developer on the Mac/iOS, and when I'm using Xcode, sometimes during a build, the system resources get tied up. During th...
  • user-removed
  • Not applicable
  • 8 replies
  • 5 likes
  • 8 replies
  • 5 likes

play history

Hello, I've updated a personal playlist and I'd love to go back through the play history and find the older version. How can I access a FULL history, not just the last 50 songs.

• Hello,    I've updated a personal playlist and I'd love to go back through the play history and find the older version. How can I access a FULL history, not just the last 50 songs. 
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

DESKTOP SO SLOW

I have spotify downloaded onto my desktop for my mac and i can listen to maybe 4 songs before everything stops loading. If i'm lucky the playlist i'm on continues playing, but i cannot search anyhthing or go onto any other playlist. Nothing loads. Do...

• I have spotify downloaded onto my desktop for my mac and i can listen to maybe 4 songs before everything stops loading. If i'm lucky the playlist i'm on continues playing, but i cannot search anyhthi...
  • J-Li
  • Regular
  • 4 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 1 likes