Desktop (Mac)

Discuss Spotify for Mac

Start a topic

Forum Posts

Solved!! Spotify free: Music stops on MAC

Edited: Thank you very much everyone for helping! Finally I managed to correct the error and the steps are those that DerpyNerd offered and highlighted as a solution. Hi! I have a MacBook Pro, and for a week now I have a problem with the desktop app....

• Casual Listener
  • dtulman14
  • Casual Listener
  • 15 replies
  • 1 likes
  • Error
    music stops
  • 15 replies
  • 1 likes

[Mac] Troubleshooting Spotify

Having trouble with Spotify on your Desktop app? Here’s what to try first. Search the Community Someone might have asked your question on the Community before. So type your issue into the search box and have a look. Tip: Don't forget to check our Spo...

• Community Manager
  • Community Manager
  • 0 replies
  • 34 likes
  • Mac
  • 0 replies
  • 34 likes

WTH is "show sponsored songs"

It's in the settings/display options in the latest version.

• Music Fan
  • It's in the settings/display options in the latest version.
  • keanedawg
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes
  • Mac
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes

Song not working

Hey guys, Basically what is going on is that there is a song that i can't play on my phone but it does work on pc's. I tried to with friend's phone and it did the same thing. The problem started this morning. Does someone know why? Song: Gucci Mane –...

• Hey guys,   Basically what is going on is that there is a  song that i can't play on my phone but it does work on pc's. I tried to with friend's phone and it did the same thing. The probl...
  • Sebasty
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Mac
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Multiple Local File Problems

I've been having some trouble with my local files, both before and after i've tried changing song titles and other metadata. - Whole albums just won't play (One album can only play the one song that I changed the title of. All of the other songs in t...

• Not applicable
  • I've been having some trouble with my local files, both before and after i've tried changing song titles and other metadata.   - Whole albums just won't play (One album can only play the...
  • Yungpumpgang
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Mac
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes

How can I disable the loading of album art to save data?

I'd like to stop album art from loading at all in order to save my monthly data usage. How might I go about this?

• Regular
  • I'd like to stop album art from loading at all in order to save my monthly data usage. How might I go about this?
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Mac
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Desktop App Closes When Mobile App in Use?

I've noticed since the last software update for the desktop app that any time I use the mobile app for an extended period of time, the desktop app will close out completely on its own. It doesn't seem to be crashing and everything works just fine on ...

• I've noticed since the last software update for the desktop app that any time I use the mobile app for an extended period of time, the desktop app will close out completely on its own. It doesn't see...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Mac
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify Graphic Glitches

Hello!After the last update the Spotify Mac Desktop App started showing a bunch of graphical glitches!Can someone help me?

• Hello! After the last update the Spotify Mac Desktop App started showing a bunch of graphical glitches! Can someone help me?
  • deesaf1
  • Casual Listener
  • 3 replies
  • 2 likes
  • Mac
  • 3 replies
  • 2 likes

[All Platforms] Daily Mixes Disappearing

I had 4 Daily Mixes and I listened to all of them regularly. As of about a week ago, whenever I click on "Your Daily Mix" either on my desktop (Windows) or my iPhone, it automatically shows My Daily Mix 1, it looks like the other 3 disappeared. I lis...

• I had 4 Daily Mixes and I listened to all of them regularly. As of about a week ago, whenever I click on "Your Daily Mix" either on my desktop (Windows) or my iPhone, it automatically shows My Daily ...
  • burrowsea
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

cmd-A in search bar doesn't select all

Spotify Mac: when I try cmd-A in the search bar, it doesn't select all. Known issue?

• Spotify Mac: when I try cmd-A in the search bar, it doesn't select all. Known issue?
  • MartinStoichkov
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Mac
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

some issues with latest updates

not sure how i got here or if this is even the right place but i just wanted to address a few issues with the latest update ( Spotify app on Chrome, MacPro)1) infinite scroll lags (at every 50th record). not experienced in older versions. scrolling w...

• Casual Listener
  • not sure how i got here or if this is even the right place but i just wanted to address a few issues with the latest update ( Spotify app on Chrome, MacPro) 1) infinite scroll lags (at every 50...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Mac
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Other devices no longer synced or available through other devices

One of my favorite things about Spotify is when I'm on the computer and open my iPhone, I am able to see what is playing and control the playlist directly, like a remote. Same goes for when I sit down at my computer and can switch to my headphones se...

• Regular
  • One of my favorite things about Spotify is when I'm on the computer and open my iPhone, I am able to see what is playing and control the playlist directly, like a remote. Same goes for when I si...
  • labelscollected
  • Community Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 1 likes
  • Mac
  • 3 replies
  • 1 likes

Switching output on pause

When I use the function key for pause on my Macbook Pro Spotify switches output to my phone instead of pausing.

• When I use the function key for pause on my Macbook Pro Spotify switches output to my phone instead of pausing.
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Mac
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!!Superuser Contribution Spotify Web Player not connecting

Every time I try to go on the Web Player, it doesn't let me as it says it's not connecting and theres a box with it trying to connect. Help.

• Casual Listener
  • Every time I try to go on the Web Player, it doesn't let me as it says it's not connecting and theres a box with it trying to connect. Help.
  • Cloudynick
  • Roadie
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Mac
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

After latest update, Spotify plays different songs than I've clicked on

After my Spotify Windows app last auto-updated itself, to version 1.0.51.693.g6ea1e7f6, this ridiculous bug has appeared: When I go to the Album or Artist view (but not the Songs view), and I click on a song, it plays a different song than the one I ...

• Casual Listener
  • After my Spotify Windows app last auto-updated itself, to version 1.0.51.693.g6ea1e7f6, this ridiculous bug has appeared: When I go to the Album or Artist view (but not the Songs view), and I click o...
  • fvvckyouspotify
  • 4 replies
  • 4 likes
  • Mac
    Windows
  • 4 replies
  • 4 likes

[BUG] Sort by Song Title

The sorting of songs by title is broken. Song titles that begin with "A" or "The" get sorted by the second word, not the A, or T respectively. This should be a BUG. The song should be CONSISTENTLY sorted starting from the first letter. Song titles th...

• Casual Listener
  • The sorting of songs by title is broken. Song titles that begin with "A" or "The" get sorted by the second word, not the A, or T respectively. This should be a BUG. The song should be CONSISTENT...
  • an77
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Mac
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Artist, album and friends' pages are stuck on the loading screen

Hi, whenever I open spotify on my Mac, it will work very smoothly and I will encounter no problems. However, this period is only momentary and next thing I know, whenever I try and open an album, artist or friend's spotify page I will be stuck with a...

• Not applicable
  • Hi, whenever I open spotify on my Mac, it will work very smoothly and I will encounter no problems. However, this period is only momentary and next thing I know, whenever I try and open an album, art...
  • Nico
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Mac
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

SHUFFLE is broken! Spotify FIX IT!!!!!

Hi,So if Shuffle is prioritizing songs that are recently added then that is NOT a shuffle. If I did want to play new songs I'd set up a new playlist just for those and play those in that order. Other problems with adding new songs is I may just dump ...

• Regular
  • Hi, So if Shuffle is prioritizing songs that are recently added then that is NOT a shuffle.  If I did want to play new songs I'd set up a new playlist just for those and play those in that orde...
  • Niki56789
  • Casual Listener
  • 6 replies
  • 37 likes
  • Other
  • 6 replies
  • 37 likes

Can't copy multiple URIs

The possibility to copy MULTIPLE URIs has disappeared completely. This was an important part of my work flow. I want to listen to the Top50 in reverse order (so there is some kind of suspension building up) and therefore I exported the URIs, reversed...

• Casual Listener
  • The possibility to copy MULTIPLE URIs has disappeared completely.   This was an important part of my work flow. I want to listen to the Top50 in reverse order (so there is some kind of su...
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Mac
    Windows
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify Artwork

Hi guys,I am considering switching over to Spotify, but I had one question: Is there a way to view multiple album artworks at a time in Spotfify? I LOVE the look in iTunes and haven't found a way to replicate the aesthetics in Spotify. (pictured belo...

• Casual Listener
  • Hi guys, I am considering switching over to Spotify, but I had one question:   Is there a way to view multiple album artworks at a time in Spotfify? I LOVE the look in iTunes and haven't foun...
  • MartinStoichkov
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Mac
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! I cannot start an album in a son other than the first song

Hi there Ever since I upgraded to 1.0.51.693.g6ea1e7f6 on my Mac (Mac OS Sierra 10.12.3) I cannot start a song from a saved album other than the first song in the album, I believe this is a bug. See screen recording in attached ZIP file Post edit: I ...

• Hi there   Ever since I upgraded to 1.0.51.693.g6ea1e7f6 on my Mac (Mac OS Sierra 10.12.3) I cannot start a song from a saved album other than the first song in the album, I believe this ...
  • Jacob
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Mac
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes