Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Desktop (Mac)

Discuss Spotify for Mac

Start a topic

Forum Posts

Jam now available on Desktop

Spotify is bringing Jam to the desktop app! 拾 ️ Now you can start or join a listening party with your friends, family, colleagues, and classmates, with the Spotify desktop app in addition to the mobile app. Although you can listen on your own, Jam in...

Start Jam Menu - Desktop App.png Queue Right Sidebar.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

New "Now Playing View" sidebar

Spotify is introducing a new "Now Playing View" sidebar in the desktop app and Web Player to go along with the recently released "Your Library" sidebar. The Now Playing View in the right sidebar shows the album art and info of the current song or pod...

• Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

New Your Library sidebar

Spotify is introducing a new Your Library sidebar in the desktop app and Web Player. The new Your Library sidebar is rolling out to all desktop users now, so you will be seeing it soon if you haven't already. The new Your Library sidebar improves nav...

Sidebar Tips.png Desktop Sidebar Compact View.png Compact Layout.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 3 likes

Solved!! Spotify free: Music stops on MAC

Edited: Thank you very much everyone for helping! Finally I managed to correct the error and the steps are those that DerpyNerd offered and highlighted as a solution. Hi! I have a MacBook Pro, and for a week now I have a problem with the desktop app....

• Casual Listener
  • bfteach
  • Regular
  • 19 replies
  • 1 likes
  • music stops
  • 19 replies
  • 1 likes

[Mac] Troubleshooting Spotify

Having trouble with Spotify on your Desktop app? Here’s what to try first. Search the Community Someone might have asked your question on the Community before. So type your issue into the search box and have a look. Tip: Don't forget to check our Spo...

• Spotify Legend
  • 0 replies
  • 34 likes
  • Mac
  • 0 replies
  • 34 likes

fbnfgfdjehrrfefrerrewjrjhrfdderfgrgrkfdfndmnfdng

dsfcdjrefnmdsmncsdnfmcndmff nn mdsmm,sdnsbdfd,mnfdngfdnmsdnmdmnfnmgvdmnvfdmnvfbnsdmchdvndfvdmvndmvmndmbdvmmncmnmnvdmnvmdnfvmnfd,mvn,dfdmnfdfdfbgfh

• Regular
  • dsfcdjrefnmdsmncsdnfmcndmff nn mdsmm,sdnsbdfd,mnfdngfdnmsdnmdmnfnmgvdmnvfdmnvfbnsdmchdvndfvdmvndmvmndmbdvmmncmnmnvdmnvmdnfvmnfd,mvn,dfdmnfdfdfbgfh
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! "This song is not available. If you have the file on your computer you can import it."

This issue has been driving me absolutely insane.Whenever I try and play a song by The 1975, among others, I'm greeted by the blue banner of shame at the top of the window.I've deleted and re-installed the app numerous times, signed in and out, tried...

• Visitor
  • This issue has been driving me absolutely insane. Whenever I try and play a song by The 1975, among others, I'm greeted by the blue banner of shame at the top of the window. I've deleted and re-ins...
  • user-removed
  • Not applicable
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify becoming unresponsive after about 45 minutes of playing. High Sierra.

Using Spotify 1.0.70.388.g8e1ed5af on High Sierra 10.13.2When I just let Spotify play a list of songs, (it happens to be the band "Rush"), after about 45 minutes, it continues playing the next song but the app becomes unresponsive. There is no way to...

• Regular
  • Using Spotify 1.0.70.388.g8e1ed5af on High Sierra 10.13.2 When I just let Spotify play a list of songs, (it happens to be the band "Rush"), after about 45 minutes, it continues playing the next song...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Desktop App is running in Mobile appearance.

My desktop app is running in mobile app mode. As i resize the window it responds as if it's a responsive website. I've update the app and still having issues.

• My desktop app is running in mobile app mode. As i resize the window it responds as if it's a responsive website. I've update the app and still having issues. 
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Only Small Selection of Playlists Available to Add to When I Try to Save a Song

I'm a premium subscriber using the Mac desktop app, when I right click on a track and try to add it to a playlist, the list of playlists shown is only a small selection of all my playlists and I don't have the ability to scroll down to find the rest....

• I'm a premium subscriber using the Mac desktop app, when I right click on a track and try to add it to a playlist, the list of playlists shown is only a small selection of all my playlists and I don'...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

[Mac] Desktop app always freezes when left running for too long.

Has been an issue for Sierra and now High Sierra. June 2014 Macbook Pro 13", Retina. If I leave the Spotify app running and close the lid on my laptop, the app never responds when I open my laptop again (ex: I was listening to music while working at ...

• Has been an issue for Sierra and now High Sierra. June 2014 Macbook Pro 13", Retina.   If I leave the Spotify app running and close the lid on my laptop, the app never responds when I ope...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Local Files Problem

I used to have a lot of local files on one of my drives. Switched drives and now choose to stream all my music instead of have them on local disks. Now files that were previously on my local disk (which is disconected) still show up in spotify when I...

• I used to have a lot of local files on one of my drives. Switched drives and now choose to stream all my music instead of have them on local disks. Now files that were previously on my local disk (wh...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Bug: Shuffle play "Songs" won't randomize selection

So I am in the Spotify mac desktop application. When I double click the "Songs" tab which is located under "YOUR LIBRARY" while the "shuffle" icon is on, the order of the songs isn't completly randomized. For some reason only like three or four album...

• Regular
  • So I am in the Spotify mac desktop application. When I double click the "Songs" tab which is located under "YOUR LIBRARY" while the "shuffle" icon is on, the order of the songs isn't completly random...
  • Bannanananan
  • Casual Listener
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Friend Feed Isn't There

Starting today my friend feed isn't there. My entire right sidebar has disappeared so I can't see what my friends are listening to. In settings I have turned the right sidebar feature on an off and it still isn't there. Not sure if this is a glitch o...

• Casual Listener
  • Starting today my friend feed isn't there. My entire right sidebar has disappeared so I can't see what my friends are listening to. In settings I have turned the right sidebar feature on an off and i...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

asdfasdf

asdf

• Regular
  • asdf
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

geter

etert

• Regular
  • etert
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Listeners in my network

Hi! I am wondering if this an issue with my spotify player or is spotify no longer showing the "Listeners in my network" anymore?

• Hi! I am wondering if this an issue with my spotify player or is spotify no longer showing the "Listeners in my network" anymore?
  • fergmarta
  • Casual Listener
  • 4 replies
  • 3 likes
  • Mac
  • 4 replies
  • 3 likes

Spotify taking up 100% CPU power because of... announcements?

My laptop once again wanted to take flight and because only Spotify was running on it, I decided to try and find out what's causing this major CPU hit (has been happening for years now). I've found the culprit to be the announcements area which is so...

• My laptop once again wanted to take flight and because only Spotify was running on it, I decided to try and find out what's causing this major CPU hit (has been happening for years now). I've found t...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

i can't delete my local files

no matter what i do i can't delete my local files.i have completely unistanlled and then re-downloaded spotify following these steps: https://support.spotify.com/us/article/reinstallation-of-spotify/ but when i open my freshly downloaded version of s...

• Casual Listener
  • no matter what i do i can't delete my local files.i have completely unistanlled and then re-downloaded spotify following these steps: https://support.spotify.com/us/article/reinstallation-of-spotify/...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Not displaying artists header

Mine app is not showing header of each artist or playlist as it does on windows version. How do I fix that? I have OSX 10.11.6. Thanks in advance for help!

• Mine app is not showing header of each artist or playlist as it does on windows version. How do I fix that? I have OSX 10.11.6. Thanks in advance for help!
  • fcunningham01
  • Regular
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

How could I export a stared list

Hello to all, I have a free account with a big stared list. How could I transfer stis list to my premium account? Thanks and best regards!

• Hello to all,   I have a free account with a big stared list. How could I transfer stis list to my premium account?   Thanks and best regards!
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes