Desktop (Mac)

Discuss Spotify for Mac

Start a topic

Forum Posts

Solved!! Spotify free: Music stops on MAC

Edited: Thank you very much everyone for helping! Finally I managed to correct the error and the steps are those that DerpyNerd offered and highlighted as a solution. Hi! I have a MacBook Pro, and for a week now I have a problem with the desktop app....

• Casual Listener
  • dtulman14
  • Casual Listener
  • 15 replies
  • 1 likes
  • Error
    music stops
  • 15 replies
  • 1 likes

[Mac] Troubleshooting Spotify

Having trouble with Spotify on your Desktop app? Here’s what to try first. Search the Community Someone might have asked your question on the Community before. So type your issue into the search box and have a look. Tip: Don't forget to check our Spo...

• Community Manager
  • Community Manager
  • 0 replies
  • 34 likes
  • Mac
  • 0 replies
  • 34 likes

Solved!! can you search for a song in some one you are following?

So I heard a song from some one I know while workign out. I know the name of the song but they dont have there play list arranged in a way i can find it. IS there a way to search in Spotify in side a person i am following for a particular song?

• Regular
  • So I heard a song from some one I know while workign out. I know the name of the song but they dont have there play list arranged in a way i can find it.    IS there a way to search in Sp...
  • Dreadlord
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Mac
    Windows
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Offline at Spotify after Facebook email and password change

Hello everybody, I have the following issue: I cannot login to Spotify. Where: desktop App, Mobile App, Spofify Web App (shortly: everywhere except this forum). Please see attached screenshots. My Spotify account is bounded to my Facebook account.Rec...

• Hello everybody,   I have the following issue: I cannot login to Spotify. Where: desktop App, Mobile App, Spofify Web App (shortly: everywhere except this forum). Please see attached screensho...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Mac
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Charged twice without subscription

Hello,Earlier today I tried to sign up for the student discount for Spotify premium. I have never used Spotify premium before. In order to get the student discount I need to verify that I was a college student. On my first attempt, I entered my name ...

• Hello, Earlier today I tried to sign up for the student discount for Spotify premium. I have never used Spotify premium before. In order to get the student discount I need to verify that I was ...
  • MauriceMV
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Mac
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Most of songs blacked out

Hi all since couple days ago most of the songs in my spotify got black out and cannot listen to them I doubed these might be non - avaibale songs though its too much and happeded too suddern , ive been a user since 3 years ago and never had this kind...

Screen Shot 2016-08-17 at 2.03.31 AM.png
  • Hi all  since couple days ago  most of the songs in my spotify got black out and cannot listen to them  I doubed these might be non - avaibale songs though its too much and  h...
  • osornios
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Mac
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Preview window stuck on commercial+playing song and commercial at the same time

I have a problem where after an ad the preview window remains showing the ad, and pauses the music. If I the press the play button inside spotify the commercial starts playing again.If I then press the "play" button on my keyboard the next song goes ...

• Casual Listener
  • I have a problem where after an ad the preview window remains showing the ad, and pauses the music. If I the press the play button inside spotify the commercial starts playing again. If I then press...
  • stenbocken
  • Casual Listener
  • 3 replies
  • 1 likes
  • Mac
    Windows
  • 3 replies
  • 1 likes

Solved!! musicas pulando

instalei o spotify no meu pc e as musicas ficam pulando, nao toca nenhuma. já resintalei mas nao adiantou. o que fazer?

• Casual Listener
  • instalei o spotify no meu pc e as musicas ficam pulando, nao toca nenhuma. já resintalei mas nao adiantou. o que fazer?
  • Bittencourt
  • Spotify Star
  • 36 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 36 replies
  • 1 likes

radio song shows up twice in a row

I'm on Spotify (Mac) and my radio station came up with the same exact song twice in a row. Seems like odd behaviour, as I don't think someone would want to hear the same song twice on a radio. If it helps, its a newer station (just created yesterday)...

• I'm on Spotify (Mac) and my radio station came up with the same exact song twice in a row. Seems like odd behaviour, as I don't think someone would want to hear the same song twice on a radio. If it ...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Mac
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Does a refund apply due to the removal of features I payed for?

Hey guys! A few weeks ago Spotify just removed the lyrics feature from its desktop application, at least for Mac, and since then I needed to go to Google to get to know them or for karaoke.The issue is, when I bought 1-year of Premium subscription, t...

• Regular
  • Hey guys!   A few weeks ago Spotify just removed the lyrics feature from its desktop application, at least for Mac, and since then I needed to go to Google to get to know them or for karaoke. ...
  • MaryS
  • Roadie
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • Mac
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

Solved!! Spotify will not install on Mac OS 10.11.6

I have the latest version of Mac OS X software El Capitan 10.11.6. When I download the Spotify app and install it, it says that it is a Power PC program and is not supported on my Intel based iMac. What's the deal? This really shouldn't be happening ...

• I have the latest version of Mac OS X software El Capitan 10.11.6. When I download the Spotify app and install it, it says that it is a Power PC program and is not supported on my Intel based iM...
  • user-removed
  • Not applicable
  • 6 replies
  • 2 likes
  • Mac
  • 6 replies
  • 2 likes

Spotify / sonus

HELP! How can I play music direct from the stand alone Spotify ap on my iPad which I love, rather than through the dreadful sonus/Spotify interface etc where there isn't even an album list and you can't see individual song titles etc. I just want to ...

• HELP! How can I play music direct from the stand alone Spotify ap on my iPad which I love, rather than through the dreadful sonus/Spotify interface etc where there isn't even an album list and you ca...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Mac
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Local Files vs. Spotify Files

Is there a reason why I can't play songs on my playlist that are sourced through Spotify? They seem to only play if I use my phone. But when I try to play on my laptop they are not available. Is it a coincidence that the songs that won't play are als...

• Is there a reason why I can't play songs on my playlist that are sourced through Spotify? They seem to only play if I use my phone. But when I try to play on my laptop they are not available.  I...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Mac
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

spotify only playing 3 artists

i have a playlist with about 1000 songs and it will only play songs from 3 artists, i could see why if they were a majority of my playlist but one artist only has about 10 songs on my playlist

• i have a playlist with about 1000 songs and it will only play songs from 3 artists, i could see why if they were a majority of my playlist but one artist only has about 10 songs on my playlist
  • JesseHansonl
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • Mac
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

'Your Music' Songs not loading

'Your Music' -> Songs shows no songs:'Your Music' -> Albums loads indefinitely'Your Music' -> Artists loads indefinitelyAll other functionality (playlists, search...) works fine. 'Your Music' works fine on my iPhone app too. I've tried reinstalling S...

Screen Shot 2016-08-04 at 4.12.18 PM.png Screen Shot 2016-08-04 at 4.13.43 PM.png
  • 'Your Music' -> Songs shows no songs: 'Your Music' -> Albums loads indefinitely 'Your Music' -> Artists loads indefinitely All other functionality (playlists, search.....
  • osornios
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Mac
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Local Files - Make Available offline (button/toggle) gone

The option to make a song available offline for the Local Files playlist is gone. Is this by design or a bug. This is functionality that pleases me. I've attached an image. Thank you.

• Regular
  • The option to make a song available offline for the Local Files playlist is gone. Is this by design or a bug. This is functionality that pleases me. I've attached an image.    Thank you.&...
  • DraakjeYoblama
  • Regular
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Mac
    Windows
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! My starred playlist is gone

After I updated the app my starred playlist was gone, I had so many great songs there, where did they go? I do need to start all over again????

• Casual Listener
  • After I updated the app my starred playlist was gone, I had so many great songs there, where did they go? I do need to start all over again????  
  • raafael23
  • Casual Listener
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Mac
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Playlist not playing

I have spotify premium and I always play my songs thru my phone, but this time when I play one of my playlist it says im not connected to my internet, other playlist are working fine... When I connect to the internet all songs are promt to download, ...

• I have spotify premium and I always play my songs thru my phone, but this time when I play one of my playlist it says im not connected to my internet, other playlist are working fine... When I connec...
  • osornios
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Mac
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Favourite, Like or Star a song?

Hi all, I have tried to do some forum searching but all the topics I come across are from 2014, so, here goes; Very. very new to Spotify migrating over from Google Music where you could 'thump up' specific songs you like a feature that appears to be ...

• Casual Listener
  • Hi all,   I have tried to do some forum searching but all the topics I come across are from 2014, so, here goes;   Very. very new to Spotify migrating over from Google Music where you c...
  • user-removed
  • Not applicable
  • 2 replies
  • 6 likes
  • Windows
  • 2 replies
  • 6 likes

Collaborating not working

My cousin and I are trying to create a playlist together however I can't add to it. She created the playlist and made it collaborative and I followed and I'm able to see it as an option for adding songs to but most of my song choices arent going thro...

• My cousin and I are trying to create a playlist together however I can't add to it. She created the playlist and made it collaborative and I followed and I'm able to see it as an option for adding so...
  • crayon26
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • Mac
    Windows
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

Solved!! Dieser Song ist nicht verfügbar! Wenn sich die Datei auf Deinem Computer befindet, kannst Du sie im

Brief description of the issue: EVERY Song gives the errormessage: "Dieser Song ist nicht verfügbar! Wenn sich die Datei auf Deinem Computer befindet, kannst Du sie importieren!" - see screenshotSteps to reproduce the issue: Start Spotify Click on an...

Clipboard01.jpg
  • Casual Listener
  • Brief description of the issue: EVERY Song gives the errormessage: "Dieser Song ist nicht verfügbar! Wenn sich die Datei auf Deinem Computer befindet, kannst Du sie importieren!" - see screenshot...
  • annathe
  • 21 replies
  • 1 likes
  • Windows
  • 21 replies
  • 1 likes