Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Desktop (Mac)

Discuss Spotify for Mac

Start a topic

Forum Posts

Jam now available on Desktop

Spotify is bringing Jam to the desktop app! 拾 ️ Now you can start or join a listening party with your friends, family, colleagues, and classmates, with the Spotify desktop app in addition to the mobile app. Although you can listen on your own, Jam in...

Start Jam Menu - Desktop App.png Queue Right Sidebar.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

New "Now Playing View" sidebar

Spotify is introducing a new "Now Playing View" sidebar in the desktop app and Web Player to go along with the recently released "Your Library" sidebar. The Now Playing View in the right sidebar shows the album art and info of the current song or pod...

• Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

New Your Library sidebar

Spotify is introducing a new Your Library sidebar in the desktop app and Web Player. The new Your Library sidebar is rolling out to all desktop users now, so you will be seeing it soon if you haven't already. The new Your Library sidebar improves nav...

Sidebar Tips.png Desktop Sidebar Compact View.png Compact Layout.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 3 likes

Solved!! Spotify free: Music stops on MAC

Edited: Thank you very much everyone for helping! Finally I managed to correct the error and the steps are those that DerpyNerd offered and highlighted as a solution. Hi! I have a MacBook Pro, and for a week now I have a problem with the desktop app....

• Casual Listener
  • bfteach
  • Regular
  • 19 replies
  • 1 likes
  • music stops
  • 19 replies
  • 1 likes

[Mac] Troubleshooting Spotify

Having trouble with Spotify on your Desktop app? Here’s what to try first. Search the Community Someone might have asked your question on the Community before. So type your issue into the search box and have a look. Tip: Don't forget to check our Spo...

• Spotify Legend
  • 0 replies
  • 34 likes
  • Mac
  • 0 replies
  • 34 likes

"Share your activity to Facebook" reminder keep showing up....

Come on...I cancel this thing numerous times but it keep showing up. It's very annoying.Could comeone told me how to cancel this reminder forever?

• Come on... I cancel this thing numerous times but it keep showing up. It's very annoying. Could comeone told me how to cancel this reminder forever? 
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

[Discover] Broken suggestions in 1.0.68 on macOS

Hi, in version 1.0.68 of the desktop client on macOS, there is a bug in the discovery page.Since this version, I can only see one row of suggestions, matching my taste. The other row (yes there is only one other) is filled with stuff from the charts ...

• Hi,   in version 1.0.68 of the desktop client on macOS, there is a bug in the discovery page. Since this version, I can only see one row of suggestions, matching my taste. The other row (yes ...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify Stream to Facebook is very low quality. Does anybody know why ?

Does anybody notice that when a song is shared from Spotify to Facebook Timeline, the quality is very low... sounds like around 96kbs where drum cymbals are noticeably 'splashy' when streamed directly from the Facebook timeline? Is facebook doing thi...

• Casual Listener
  • Does anybody notice that when a song is shared from Spotify to Facebook Timeline, the quality is very low... sounds like around 96kbs where drum cymbals are noticeably 'splashy' when streamed directl...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Mac
    Web Player
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Funky Town Labelled Explicit?

I mean, I looked up the lyrics just to make sure I wasn't mishearing anything. There is literally no swearing or explicit content in Funkytown. I'm not super concerned really, except I honestly am plerplexed as to why this is. It makes me wonder what...

• I mean, I looked up the lyrics just to make sure I wasn't mishearing anything.  There is literally no swearing or explicit content in Funkytown.  I'm not super concerned really, except I ho...
  • bobbyjoesmith17
  • 3 replies
  • 5 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 5 likes

Solved!! Problem opening Premium App

Hi, I have just downloaded the Premium app and have dragged the file into my Applications folder. When I click on the app, a message keeps repeatedly popping up that I haven't dragged into my Application folder but I have? What do I do? Cheers Donna

• Hi, I have just downloaded the Premium app and have dragged the file into my Applications folder. When I click on the app, a message keeps repeatedly popping up that I haven't dragged into my Ap...
  • maizhohlberg
  • Casual Listener
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Songs not downloading with playlist

I have spotify premium. When downloading a playlist to my mac it doesn't download every song. I've reinstalled spotify, it didn't help. In the screenshot below I've created a small playlist of 44 songs, when I clicked download it said it was only dow...

• Casual Listener
  • I have spotify premium. When downloading a playlist to my mac it doesn't download every song. I've reinstalled spotify, it didn't help. In the screenshot below I've created a small playlist of 44 son...
  • cuttlefish
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Associated Spotify account not found in your system

If use the Sonos app I can play via Spotify, but if I try and play Sonos from the Spotify app I get the message associated Spotify account not found in your systemClearly, it is associated as I can play music using the Sonos app - just not through th...

• Casual Listener
  • If use the Sonos app I can play via Spotify, but if I try and play Sonos from the Spotify app I get the message associated Spotify account not found in your system Clearly, it is associated as I can...
  • AndyDuBois
  • Casual Listener
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

You call this shuffle?

So I am a fan of the stranger things soundtrack, but I don't want to listen to them too often or else I might get bored of them. So I want them to be well diluted through a bigger playlist of songs I like a little bit less. This should be easy to do ...

• So I am a fan of the stranger things soundtrack, but I don't want to listen to them too often or else I might get bored of them. So I want them to be well diluted through a bigger playlist of so...
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes

Creating playlists

Hello,I have some music files on my imac desktop and i have playlists on my itunes library.I am creating playlists on my spotify account. How can i drag these files from my desktop or my itunes playlists to my spotify playlist.When i imported my itun...

• Hello, I have some music files on my imac desktop and i have playlists on my itunes library. I am creating playlists on my spotify account. How can i drag these files from my desktop or my itunes p...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

How do I get it to stop recommending Christian Radio on Sunday?

I don't listen to it, so why is it at the top of my Spotify home page every Sunday? How do I turn that off?

• Casual Listener
  • I don't listen to it, so why is it at the top of my Spotify home page every Sunday?  How do I turn that off?
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

The playlists are not mine

Hello,My playlists disappear and are replaced by others that are not mine.I can restore them through my account but it's unbearable.Can you help me ?Regards.

• Hello, My playlists disappear and are replaced by others that are not mine. I can restore them through my account but it's unbearable. Can you help me ? Regards.
  • IguanaSetup
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Can't Play Songs from Albums

I have spotify premium. Starting just today, I can no longer play songs on albums. If I look up an artist, select an album, hit play, it won't play the album or the individual songs. However, if I search for the song individually and hit play (not fr...

• Regular
  • I have spotify premium. Starting just today, I can no longer play songs on albums. If I look up an artist, select an album, hit play, it won't play the album or the individual songs. However, if I se...
  • leveragetv
  • Regular
  • 10 replies
  • 2 likes
  • Windows
  • 10 replies
  • 2 likes

Super slow desktop app on Mac

The desktop app is practically unusable. It takes a few minutes to load, will no return search results, and won't even load an artist's page when clicked on. I have deleted and reinstalled the app to no avail. My WiFi is not the problem; YouTube vide...

• Casual Listener
  • The desktop app is practically unusable. It takes a few minutes to load, will no return search results, and won't even load an artist's page when clicked on. I have deleted and reinstalled the app to...
  • kw66
  • Casual Listener
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Truble pressing pause/play,skip.

In like a week I couldn't pause, play or skip the songs with the bottoms on my keyboard. (Have a MacBook Air) Don't know why I still can't. I have tried to restart my computer. Still doesn't work.

• In like a week I couldn't pause, play or skip the songs with the bottoms on my keyboard. (Have a MacBook Air) Don't know why I still can't. I have tried to restart my computer. Still doesn't work. &...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify opens by itself

Every time I open my mac spotify opens by itself. I changed the settings for that but somehow it never saves it. When I turn of my computer and turn it on again. Spotify starts. How can I stop it? or how can I save the settings ?

• Visitor
  • Every time I open my mac spotify opens by itself. I changed the settings for that but somehow it never saves it. When I turn of my computer and turn it on again. Spotify starts. How can I stop it? or...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

How to block certain casting devices?

So I got a Google Home Mini, and I've noticed that Spotify on my MBP will randomly start casting to it without me having selected that option. This is annoying because when I'm trying to listen to music on my laptop, it'll actually start blaring in t...

• So I got a Google Home Mini, and I've noticed that Spotify on my MBP will randomly start casting to it without me having selected that option. This is annoying because when I'm tr...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify skipping over songs in playlists/albums

Hi everyone,Recently I've noticed when I try to listen to a full album on Spotify or if I'm listening to any sort of playlist at all, it frequently skips over songs without playing them and plays the next song instead. This doesn't always happen, but...

• Visitor
  • Hi everyone, Recently I've noticed when I try to listen to a full album on Spotify or if I'm listening to any sort of playlist at all, it frequently skips over songs without playing them and plays t...
  • g_maty
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes