Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Desktop (Mac)

Discuss Spotify for Mac

Start a topic

Forum Posts

Jam now available on Desktop

Spotify is bringing Jam to the desktop app! 拾 ️ Now you can start or join a listening party with your friends, family, colleagues, and classmates, with the Spotify desktop app in addition to the mobile app. Although you can listen on your own, Jam in...

Start Jam Menu - Desktop App.png Queue Right Sidebar.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

New "Now Playing View" sidebar

Spotify is introducing a new "Now Playing View" sidebar in the desktop app and Web Player to go along with the recently released "Your Library" sidebar. The Now Playing View in the right sidebar shows the album art and info of the current song or pod...

• Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

New Your Library sidebar

Spotify is introducing a new Your Library sidebar in the desktop app and Web Player. The new Your Library sidebar is rolling out to all desktop users now, so you will be seeing it soon if you haven't already. The new Your Library sidebar improves nav...

Sidebar Tips.png Desktop Sidebar Compact View.png Compact Layout.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 3 likes

Solved!! Spotify free: Music stops on MAC

Edited: Thank you very much everyone for helping! Finally I managed to correct the error and the steps are those that DerpyNerd offered and highlighted as a solution. Hi! I have a MacBook Pro, and for a week now I have a problem with the desktop app....

• Casual Listener
  • bfteach
  • Regular
  • 19 replies
  • 1 likes
  • music stops
  • 19 replies
  • 1 likes

[Mac] Troubleshooting Spotify

Having trouble with Spotify on your Desktop app? Here’s what to try first. Search the Community Someone might have asked your question on the Community before. So type your issue into the search box and have a look. Tip: Don't forget to check our Spo...

• Spotify Legend
  • 0 replies
  • 34 likes
  • Mac
  • 0 replies
  • 34 likes

Super slow desktop app on Mac

The desktop app is practically unusable. It takes a few minutes to load, will no return search results, and won't even load an artist's page when clicked on. I have deleted and reinstalled the app to no avail. My WiFi is not the problem; YouTube vide...

• Casual Listener
  • The desktop app is practically unusable. It takes a few minutes to load, will no return search results, and won't even load an artist's page when clicked on. I have deleted and reinstalled the app to...
  • kw66
  • Casual Listener
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Truble pressing pause/play,skip.

In like a week I couldn't pause, play or skip the songs with the bottoms on my keyboard. (Have a MacBook Air) Don't know why I still can't. I have tried to restart my computer. Still doesn't work.

• In like a week I couldn't pause, play or skip the songs with the bottoms on my keyboard. (Have a MacBook Air) Don't know why I still can't. I have tried to restart my computer. Still doesn't work. &...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify opens by itself

Every time I open my mac spotify opens by itself. I changed the settings for that but somehow it never saves it. When I turn of my computer and turn it on again. Spotify starts. How can I stop it? or how can I save the settings ?

• Visitor
  • Every time I open my mac spotify opens by itself. I changed the settings for that but somehow it never saves it. When I turn of my computer and turn it on again. Spotify starts. How can I stop it? or...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

How to block certain casting devices?

So I got a Google Home Mini, and I've noticed that Spotify on my MBP will randomly start casting to it without me having selected that option. This is annoying because when I'm trying to listen to music on my laptop, it'll actually start blaring in t...

• So I got a Google Home Mini, and I've noticed that Spotify on my MBP will randomly start casting to it without me having selected that option. This is annoying because when I'm tr...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify skipping over songs in playlists/albums

Hi everyone,Recently I've noticed when I try to listen to a full album on Spotify or if I'm listening to any sort of playlist at all, it frequently skips over songs without playing them and plays the next song instead. This doesn't always happen, but...

• Visitor
  • Hi everyone, Recently I've noticed when I try to listen to a full album on Spotify or if I'm listening to any sort of playlist at all, it frequently skips over songs without playing them and plays t...
  • g_maty
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Using mac os? Block the undisclosed spotify p2p broadcast udp traffic here!

Undiscolosed spotify p2p traffic was leaking across my VPN connection to my employer. Thanks spotify!On mac os high sierra, you can block this with:$ sudo vi /etc/pf.confAdd the following line to the bottom of the file:block drop quick on proto udp ...

• Casual Listener
  • Undiscolosed spotify p2p traffic was leaking across my VPN connection to my employer. Thanks spotify! On mac os high sierra, you can block this with: $ sudo vi /etc/pf.conf Add the following line ...
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes
  • Mac
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes

Solved!! Can't skip unless tabbed into Spotify window

Hey there Spotify Community! Recently I haven't been able to skip songs with my laptop's fast foward/rewind buttons, nor pause either. Anyone else having this problem?

• Casual Listener
  • Hey there Spotify Community! Recently I haven't been able to skip songs with my laptop's fast foward/rewind buttons, nor pause either. Anyone else having this problem?
  • iamandyhill
  • Community Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

media keys won't work after latest update

I believe that recently updating my Mac to High Sierra caused my media keys to stop working in spotify. Does anyone know how to solve this problem? I checked my chrome extentions and the media key shortcuts were not being using by any extension so th...

• I believe that recently updating my Mac to High Sierra caused my media keys to stop working in spotify. Does anyone know how to solve this problem? I checked my chrome extentions and the media key sh...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Chrome cast not listed on spotify mac

My Chrome cast will not show up on my spotify Mac book. I first have to open Spotify on iphone then pick the chrome cast then and only then I can see it on my Mac Book to control the music... really annoying.

• Music Fan
  • My Chrome cast will not show up on my spotify Mac book. I first have to open Spotify on iphone then pick the chrome cast then and only then I can see it on my Mac Book to control the music... really ...
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes

Coldplay's Mylo Xyloto won't stream

Hi. I can't seem to get Coldplay's Mylo Xyloto to stream on my Macbook Pro. It streams just fine on my iPhone, and I have no problems with it on my Firestick. I've tried reinstalling spotify, no luck. I've tried deleteing the cache folder, no luck. I...

• Casual Listener
  • Hi.   I can't seem to get Coldplay's Mylo Xyloto to stream on my Macbook Pro. It streams just fine on my iPhone, and I have no problems with it on my Firestick. I've tried reinstalling spotify...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Delete all Library, not only local files

Hello Community,I've been looking for this topic but I haven't not found a solution yet. I want to detele all my library to start from scratch. I don't have local files but just close to 10000 songs in the "Title" menu. I can select all of them (cmd+...

• Hello Community, I've been looking for this topic but I haven't not found a solution yet.  I want to detele all my library to start from scratch. I don't have local files but just close t...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Music that plays on desktop version but won't show up on my mobile device library.

For some odd reason, I have tried to play "Club Paradise" by drake on my iPhone 8+ and it won't show up/be found on the mobile app. But the desktop app will show the song and let me play it on the desktop. I've tried everything and anything to get it...

• For some odd reason, I have tried to play "Club Paradise" by drake on my iPhone 8+ and it won't show up/be found on the mobile app. But the desktop app will show the song and let me play it on the de...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Discover section not working.

Hi, My 'discover' section has has stopped making recommendations. All I now have is 'new releases for you..' and then some randome playlist suggestions but the lists of 'recommended based on..' has gone. This problem is on both my Macbook and Iphone ...

• Casual Listener
  • Hi,   My 'discover' section has has stopped making recommendations. All I now have is 'new releases for you..' and then some randome playlist suggestions but the lists of 'recommended based on...
  • Teos74
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Spotify opens automatically after I log in, even when I select no in settings

In advanced options, under the heading 'Open Spotify' where it reads 'Open Spotify automatically after you log into the computer' I select no, restart spotify and the option has gone back to minimized, It's really annoying I don't want spotify to ope...

Screen Shot 2015-03-13 at 11.27.27.png
  • Music Fan
  • In advanced options, under the heading 'Open Spotify' where it reads 'Open Spotify automatically after you log into the computer' I select no, restart spotify and the option has gone back to minimize...
  • dbe0m7
  • 3 replies
  • 2 likes
  • Mac
  • 3 replies
  • 2 likes

Can’t download a local file playlist

I’ve been trying to download a playlist with some of my local files but it just says ”wait...”. Been like that for hours. The main thing is that i want the playlist on my iPhone (no problems with this before). Anyone got any suggestions?

• I’ve been trying to download a playlist with some of my local files but it just says ”wait...”. Been like that for hours. The main thing is that i want the playlist on my iPhone (no problems with thi...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify Mac laggy

iOS: High Sierra 10.13.1 (last update available) Spotify Desktop Please, help me; the search bar doesn't work, it's laggy and keeps like 30 seconds to actually find the artist or song I'm looking for; sometimes it just doesn't work and I have to rest...

• Visitor
  • iOS: High Sierra 10.13.1 (last update available)   Spotify Desktop     Please, help me; the search bar doesn't work, it's laggy and keeps like 30 seconds to actually find the arti...
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes

Solved!! Playback stops after each song when playing back an album

When I play an album in Spotify, the playback stops after each song - or sometimes it will play two songs in a row and then stop. Then I have to click on the next song to make it play.

• Casual Listener
  • When I play an album in Spotify, the playback stops after each song - or sometimes it will play two songs in a row and then stop. Then I have to click on the next song to make it play.
  • Tubeline87
  • 6 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 6 replies
  • 3 likes