Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Desktop (Mac)

Discuss Spotify for Mac

Start a topic

Forum Posts

Solved!! Spotify free: Music stops on MAC

Edited: Thank you very much everyone for helping! Finally I managed to correct the error and the steps are those that DerpyNerd offered and highlighted as a solution. Hi! I have a MacBook Pro, and for a week now I have a problem with the desktop app....

• Casual Listener
  • dtulman14
  • Casual Listener
  • 15 replies
  • 1 likes
  • Error
    music stops
  • 15 replies
  • 1 likes

[Mac] Troubleshooting Spotify

Having trouble with Spotify on your Desktop app? Here’s what to try first. Search the Community Someone might have asked your question on the Community before. So type your issue into the search box and have a look. Tip: Don't forget to check our Spo...

• Community Manager
  • Community Manager
  • 0 replies
  • 34 likes
  • Mac
  • 0 replies
  • 34 likes

Solved!! Discover weekly not updating

Hi, My discover weekly playlist has not updated since 7th March. As a premium subscriber I use this playlist the most and would like to get this issues resolved. Any help fixing this issue would be appreciated. Thanks.

• Casual Listener
  • Hi,   My discover weekly playlist has not updated since 7th March. As a premium subscriber I use this playlist the most and would like to get this issues resolved.   Any help fixing thi...
  • robdebob
  • Casual Listener
  • 16 replies
  • 1 likes
  • Mac
  • 16 replies
  • 1 likes

Mixed artists problem (but still not resolved by Spotify)

Hi Everyone, I have the mixed artists problem, where my recent EP (spotify:album:61F4JjDk1fO37AnRNsbs4P) has been mixed with work by another artist with the same name. I have contacted Spotify three weeks ago using the contact form, and also my distr...

• Hi Everyone,   I have the mixed artists problem, where my recent EP (spotify:album:61F4JjDk1fO37AnRNsbs4P) has been mixed with work by another artist with the same name. I have contacted Spoti...
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Mac
    Windows
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! High CPU usage on OS X when Spotify is in the background

This happens many times per day, pretty much whenever Spotify is in the background. The spotify_helper process is at 100%, fans go wild, etc. There are several threds that say that this issue has been solved, but the "fix" did not work for me. Moreov...

Screenshot 2016-04-09 12.17.15.png
  • Regular
  • This happens many times per day, pretty much whenever Spotify is in the background. The spotify_helper process is at 100%, fans go wild, etc.   There are several threds that say that thi...
  • user-removed
  • Not applicable
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Mac
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Cannot remove local files that no longer exist on my macbook

Hello, I have several podcasts showing up in my local files library that haven't existed on my macbook in months, maybe years. I've searched everywhere I could think on how to delete these and this post looks like the user had the same issue resolved...

• Regular
  • Hello,   I have several podcasts showing up in my local files library that haven't existed on my macbook in months, maybe years. I've searched everywhere I could think on how to delete these a...
  • SuperWisdom
  • Community Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Mac
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Please Add "Bantana" Feature To Spotify preferences menu

Hello. In our office we have a collected playlist of music that we share and careful curate. We have placed a ban on Carlos Santana music in our office (we know this policy as the "Bantana"), but we are worried that Spotify Radio may play a Carlos Sa...

Screen Shot 2016-04-04 at 2.29.42 PM.png
  • Hello. In our office we have a collected playlist of music that we share and careful curate. We have placed a ban on Carlos Santana music in our office (we know this policy as the "Bantana"), but we ...
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes
  • Mac
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes

List of saved songs won't show anymore

For some random reason Spotify is not showing my list of saved songs anymore. It's working fine on the web player and also on the iphone, just not on the mac.I tried closing the program, restarting the mac, uninstalling and reinstalling spotify, but ...

Captura de Tela 2016-04-03 às 00.45.51.png
  • For some random reason Spotify is not showing my list of saved songs anymore. It's working fine on the web player and also on the iphone, just not on the mac. I tried closing the program, restarti...
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes
  • Mac
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes

Playlists and radio stations disappeared

Spotify made me log into my account on my phone (it has always just stayed logged in until this) so I logged in (after resetting my password) and there is nothing saved-no playlists or radio stations or anything. Please help

• Casual Listener
  • Spotify made me log into my account on my phone (it has always just stayed logged in until this) so I logged in (after resetting my password) and there is nothing saved-no playlists or radio stations...
  • Foodieshake
  • Casual Listener
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Mac
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

My "songs" list is empty again

My "Songs" playlist was blank. I looked it up here and someone said to uninstall/ reinstall the app. I did which brough my songs back. Went to lunch and came back. Spotify had closed on its own and upon re-launch, my "Songs" playlist is blank again. ...

• Casual Listener
  • My "Songs" playlist was blank. I looked it up here and someone said to uninstall/ reinstall the app. I did which brough my songs back. Went to lunch and came back. Spotify had closed on its own and u...
  • hexarobi
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Mac
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

OSX 10.10.5: minor interruption of connection to bluetooth headset requires a restart of spotify

OSX 10.10.5, Spotify 1.0.25.127, bluetooth headset. If I walk about 15 feet away from the mac while spotify is playing, Spotify stops playing. If I come back in range, Spotify doesn't resume and will not resume playing when I hit play. Error message ...

• Gig Goer
  • OSX 10.10.5, Spotify 1.0.25.127, bluetooth headset.   If I walk about 15 feet away from the mac while spotify is playing, Spotify stops playing. If I come back in range, Spotify doesn't resume...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Mac
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Shows/podcasts + last.fm

I was wondering why none of the shows and podcasts scrobble to last.fm. Everything else does, and I like to have everything I listen to in my last.fm profile, including things like podcasts, audiobooks and radio shows. Will this be available in the f...

• Music Fan
  • I was wondering why none of the shows and podcasts scrobble to last.fm. Everything else does, and I like to have everything I listen to in my last.fm profile, including things like podcasts, audioboo...
  • osornios
  • Spotify Star
  • 4 replies
  • 1 likes
  • Windows
  • 4 replies
  • 1 likes

Can't Play Current Track - MAC

I keep getting the "Can't play current track" on the desktop application for my Mac. This issue only started yesterday and it worked fine up to that point. Now I cannot play any songs through Spotify.

• Regular
  • I keep getting the "Can't play current track" on the desktop application for my Mac. This issue only started yesterday and it worked fine up to that point. Now I cannot play any songs through Spotify...
  • Nico
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Mac
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Can't access Discover Playlist

I used to get a discover weekly playlist but it doesn't appear anymore (in fact, new albums etc don't appear either). Can't work out why. Been on premium for a year or so. Only thing I can think of it that I updated my operation system to OSX El Capi...

• Casual Listener
  • I used to get a discover weekly playlist but it doesn't appear anymore (in fact, new albums etc don't appear either). Can't work out why. Been on premium for a year or so. Only thing I can think of i...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Mac
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!!Superuser Contribution Discover weekly playlist not updating

I'm having trouble with my discover weekly playlist, it's stopped updating every week and I don't know how to fix it. It's been a month now with the same songs and won't update. Please help!

• Casual Listener
  • I'm having trouble with my discover weekly playlist, it's stopped updating every week and I don't know how to fix it. It's been a month now with the same songs and won't update. Please help!
  • nighthawk989
  • Roadie
  • 165 replies
  • 4 likes
  • Windows
  • 165 replies
  • 4 likes

Not all local files shown in local files

I have a folder with some local mp3s. In the past Spotify has found these files without any problems. But lately, both on my Mac and my PC more than half of the files are not "found". I have specifed specific folders and everything. Cleared the Spoti...

• Casual Listener
  • I have a folder with some local mp3s. In the past Spotify has found these files without any problems. But lately, both on my Mac and my PC more than half of the files are not "found". I have specifed...
  • Jheezee
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Mac
    Windows
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Playlist limits

Are there any limits to the number of playlists that you can have? Am hitting the limit of Albums and I just wondered...

• Roadie
  • Are there any limits to the number of playlists that you can have?   Am hitting the limit of Albums and I just wondered...    
  • Bittencourt
  • Spotify Star
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

If I change the name of my playlist, will it lose its "number 1 spot"?

Currently my playlist is at the number 1 spot if you search for playlists with that kind of name. But if I wanted to change the name a bit, add some letters/symbols, would it lose the spot then? I wanna be sure before I do it so please help me out Lo...

• Music Fan
  • Currently my playlist is at the number 1 spot if you search for playlists with that kind of name. But if I wanted to change the name a bit, add some letters/symbols, would it lose the spot then? I wa...
  • Dreadlord
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Mac
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Playlist won't complete downloading on Mac OS 10.11

Maybe this isn't a huge issue, but it is driving me up the wall for some reason. (See attached image to the right.) This one playlist won't "complete" the download process. All of the songs do appear to be successfully download. While I haven't tried...

help.png
  • Maybe this isn't a huge issue, but it is driving me up the wall for some reason. (See attached image to the right.)   This one playlist won't "complete" the download process. All of the song...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Mac
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Friend Feed Sidebar Replaced by Recently Played Feature!

Hello to all: Any user posting about the Friend Feed being replaced by Recently Played feature, please post your feedback to this thread here: https://community.spotify.com/t5/Help-Desktop-Mac/Friend-feed-sidebar-replaced-by-recently-played/td-p/1305...

• Not applicable
  • Hello to all:   Any user posting about the Friend Feed being replaced by Recently Played feature, please post your feedback to this thread here: https://community.spotify.com/t5/Help-De...
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes
  • Mac
    Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes

Black screen with endless circle dots!

Tried everything I could think of...Quitting the app (had to force quit it)Restarted my laptop.Deleted the ru.mo thingReinstalled the app. Nothing.My internet is working fine obviously.

Screen Shot 2016-03-13 at 6.52.23 PM.png
  • Casual Listener
  • Tried everything I could think of... Quitting the app (had to force quit it) Restarted my laptop. Deleted the ru.mo thing Reinstalled the app.   Nothing. My internet is working fine obvio...
  • Bittencourt
  • Spotify Star
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Mac
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes