Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Desktop (Mac)

Discuss Spotify for Mac

Start a topic

Forum Posts

Jam now available on Desktop

Spotify is bringing Jam to the desktop app! 拾 ️ Now you can start or join a listening party with your friends, family, colleagues, and classmates, with the Spotify desktop app in addition to the mobile app. Although you can listen on your own, Jam in...

Start Jam Menu - Desktop App.png Queue Right Sidebar.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

New "Now Playing View" sidebar

Spotify is introducing a new "Now Playing View" sidebar in the desktop app and Web Player to go along with the recently released "Your Library" sidebar. The Now Playing View in the right sidebar shows the album art and info of the current song or pod...

• Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

New Your Library sidebar

Spotify is introducing a new Your Library sidebar in the desktop app and Web Player. The new Your Library sidebar is rolling out to all desktop users now, so you will be seeing it soon if you haven't already. The new Your Library sidebar improves nav...

Sidebar Tips.png Desktop Sidebar Compact View.png Compact Layout.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 3 likes

Solved!! Spotify free: Music stops on MAC

Edited: Thank you very much everyone for helping! Finally I managed to correct the error and the steps are those that DerpyNerd offered and highlighted as a solution. Hi! I have a MacBook Pro, and for a week now I have a problem with the desktop app....

• Casual Listener
  • bfteach
  • Regular
  • 19 replies
  • 1 likes
  • music stops
  • 19 replies
  • 1 likes

[Mac] Troubleshooting Spotify

Having trouble with Spotify on your Desktop app? Here’s what to try first. Search the Community Someone might have asked your question on the Community before. So type your issue into the search box and have a look. Tip: Don't forget to check our Spo...

• Spotify Legend
  • 0 replies
  • 34 likes
  • Mac
  • 0 replies
  • 34 likes

spotify says theres no internet connection when my vpn is connected

ive looking through the current posts on here about spotify not working while a vpn is conneted and nothing has been able to help. i've tried deleting then reinstalling and spotify wouldnt even download with my vpn coonected. i have my vpn set to the...

• ive looking through the current posts on here about spotify not working while a vpn is conneted and nothing has been able to help. i've tried deleting then reinstalling and spotify wouldnt even downl...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Mac
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Music Randomly Starts Playing

This has been happening for three weeks now. At random intervals, even when I'm not sitting at my computer songs will start playing. Somtimes it is the next song in the playlist I had paused, other times it is a random song I've never listened to bef...

• This has been happening for three weeks now.  At random intervals, even when I'm not sitting at my computer songs will start playing.  Somtimes it is the next song in the playlist I had pau...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Delete artist from playlist - delete album from playlist

Hi Spotifypals, How do we delete an artist from a playlist? Kids added crappy songs to one of playlists and I need to get that artist OFF the list. Need to delete multiple songs at one time using album or artist as a sort option. Tell me how Spotifyo...

• Music Fan
  • Hi Spotifypals,   How do we delete an artist from a playlist?  Kids added crappy songs to one of playlists and I need to get that artist OFF the list.    Need to delete mu...
  • Codysnoises
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Mac
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Downloading Spotify songs as premium outside of playlists

I have no clue if my friend is trolling me or not but he says he can download songs that he "likes" or presses the Check mark on in the tab "Your Music > Songs" He says theres a download button there for him. But i only find a download button on play...

• I have no clue if my friend is trolling me or not but he says he can download songs that he "likes" or presses the Check mark on in the tab "Your Music > Songs" He says theres a download button th...
  • didieracm
  • Casual Listener
  • 4 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 1 likes

Solved!! Unable to connect to facebook?

Hey, I'm trying to connect my premium account to facebook. Whenever I click on the "Connect" button I get a message "ok" from facebook and that's it. nothing else happens and my account isn't linked. does anyone have a solution for this? thanks!

• Casual Listener
  • Hey, I'm trying to connect my premium account to facebook. Whenever I click on the "Connect" button I get a message "ok" from facebook and that's it. nothing else happens and my account isn't linked....
  • ElfRiderX
  • 47 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 47 replies
  • 0 likes

friend feed missing

Why is the friend feed now missing? I have the box checked for it to show up. How do things like this just happen? It makes me hesitate to abandon iTunes for Spotify.

• Roadie
  • Why is the friend feed now missing? I have the box checked for it to show up. How do things like this just happen? It makes me hesitate to abandon iTunes for Spotify.    
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • feed
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Multimedia UI

After I press Volume Up or Volume Down Multimedia UI don't show.I tried to change in Advanced options to switched off and on and it didn't worked.Before newest update all was good.

• Casual Listener
  • After I press Volume Up or Volume Down Multimedia UI don't show. I tried to change in Advanced options to switched off and on and it didn't worked. Before newest update all was good.
  • lesenus
  • Casual Listener
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Local files ID tags are messed up

The ID tags on some of my local files are messed up. It might even specifically be on Chance the Rapper's Acid Rap. I have already tried making sure the ID tags are correct in iTunes, emptying the cache, uninstalling/reinstalling and turning the loca...

Screen Shot 2017-11-16 at 5.05.43 AM.png Screen Shot 2017-11-16 at 5.03.32 AM.png
  • Visitor
  • The ID tags on some of my local files are messed up. It might even specifically be on Chance the Rapper's Acid Rap. I have already tried making sure the ID tags are correct in iTunes, emptying the ca...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • local files
    Mac
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Bring back search dropdown menu

Hi,seriously, ability to start searching for artist/track/album in desktop app and then using dropdown menu and keyboard was so useful.. Search results were presented one below another, it was fast and comfortable to use it. Why did you change it?Now...

• Casual Listener
  • Hi, seriously, ability to start searching for artist/track/album in desktop app and then using dropdown menu and keyboard was so useful.. Search results were presented one below another, it was fast...
  • Anamon
  • Roadie
  • 5 replies
  • 8 likes
  • Mac
  • 5 replies
  • 8 likes

Reordering Nested Folders locks out playlist organization

I have a ton of playlists that I've organized into folders, but if I try to move a folder that's inside another folder, it doesn't actually move, and I can't move any other folders or playlists until I restart the desktop client.

• I have a ton of playlists that I've organized into folders, but if I try to move a folder that's inside another folder, it doesn't actually move, and I can't move any other folders or playlists until...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! [MAC] Slow-like pitch/tempo, as if music tuned 1 step down

I feel like the songs are playing in a slower tempo and lower pitch. The problem is very likely to be on the downloadable app, since i've just tried the web player and it worked perfect. The same song sounds perfect on my iTunes and the web player, b...

• Casual Listener
  • I feel like the songs are playing in a slower tempo and lower pitch. The problem is very likely to be on the downloadable app, since i've just tried the web player and it worked perfect.   ...
  • mRkukov
  • 14 replies
  • 1 likes
  • Mac
  • 14 replies
  • 1 likes

Trouble Syncing Local Files from One Computer to Another

I made a playlist on the Spotify App on my Mac a while ago that includes some local files. When I downloaded this playlist on my iPhone the local files synced up and it allowed me to play the local files on my iPhone. I recently got a new Windows PC,...

• I made a playlist on the Spotify App on my Mac a while ago that includes some local files. When I downloaded this playlist on my iPhone the local files synced up and it allowed me to play the local&n...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

deleted

deleted

• Regular
  • deleted
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Mac
    streaming
    Streaming Issue
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Mac Keyboard Shortcuts

I have the new MacBook and until a few days ago I was able to skip/pause songs via my Keyboard (with the buttons at the top). Well, this does not work anymore as soon as I minimise Spotify (like when I use Safari). I do not recall changing anything i...

• Casual Listener
  • I have the new MacBook and until a few days ago I was able to skip/pause songs via my Keyboard (with the buttons at the top). Well, this does not work anymore as soon as I minimise Spotify (like when...
  • paultmau
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Shuffle permanently on!

Hi Everyone, All my playlists are playing in shuffle mode even when it is not selected - why is this happening? Thanks

• Hi Everyone,   All my playlists are playing in shuffle mode even when it is not selected - why is this happening?   Thanks
  • iamandyhill
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify slow to load and search

I'm having an issue where the Spotify application won't load searches and sometimes other parts of the application. It will give the spinning loading icon but won't ever load. It mainly happens when I'm searching, but sometimes it happens when going ...

• I'm having an issue where the Spotify application won't load searches and sometimes other parts of the application. It will give the spinning loading icon but won't ever load. It mainly happens ...
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes

Cannot Disable Local Files Syncing

I'm running the Mac OS X 8.5 with the Spotify client version 0.9.7.16.g4b197456 I uncheck all the 'local files' boxes in the preference but everytime I startup Spotify it tries to scan an import my local files. I feel this is an invasion of my privac...

• Casual Listener
  • I'm running the Mac OS X 8.5 with the Spotify client version 0.9.7.16.g4b197456   I uncheck all the 'local files' boxes in the preference but everytime I startup Spotify it tries to scan an ...
  • imzumek
  • Regular
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Mac
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes

Is there anyway to download a song in a Mac without the song being in a playlist?

I want to donwload an individual song from my music library if not my whole music library but I don't want to add them to a playlist. Is that possible? I have a mac by the way. thank you

• I want to donwload an individual song from my music library if not my whole music library but I don't want to add them to a playlist. Is that possible? I have a mac by the way. thank you
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes

Spotify Premium Trial going down badly

I want to report that spotify is extremely slow on a mac, its really disappointing and should not be the case. Yes I know how to fix it but why should I?The app should auto clear caches.Bottom line is people like me will not convert to premium full t...

• I want to report that spotify is extremely slow on a mac, its really disappointing and should not be the case. Yes I know how to fix it but why should I? The app should auto clear caches. Bottom li...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

troubleshoot follow

Hello.I have the weirdest problem. I found a friend on spotify and I clicked "follow". And I can see him on my friends list.However, I sent him a link to my profile (sharing via copy link which I sent by email) and I still can't see his following. We...

• Hello. I have the weirdest problem. I found a friend on spotify and I clicked "follow". And I can see him on my friends list. However, I sent him a link to my profile (sharing via copy link which I...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes