Desktop (Mac)

Discuss Spotify for Mac

Start a topic

Forum Posts

Solved!! Spotify free: Music stops on MAC

Edited: Thank you very much everyone for helping! Finally I managed to correct the error and the steps are those that DerpyNerd offered and highlighted as a solution. Hi! I have a MacBook Pro, and for a week now I have a problem with the desktop app....

• Casual Listener
  • dtulman14
  • Casual Listener
  • 15 replies
  • 1 likes
  • Error
    music stops
  • 15 replies
  • 1 likes

[Mac] Troubleshooting Spotify

Having trouble with Spotify on your Desktop app? Here’s what to try first. Search the Community Someone might have asked your question on the Community before. So type your issue into the search box and have a look. Tip: Don't forget to check our Spo...

• Community Manager
  • Community Manager
  • 0 replies
  • 34 likes
  • Mac
  • 0 replies
  • 34 likes

If I change the name of my playlist, will it lose its "number 1 spot"?

Currently my playlist is at the number 1 spot if you search for playlists with that kind of name. But if I wanted to change the name a bit, add some letters/symbols, would it lose the spot then? I wanna be sure before I do it so please help me out Lo...

• Music Fan
  • Currently my playlist is at the number 1 spot if you search for playlists with that kind of name. But if I wanted to change the name a bit, add some letters/symbols, would it lose the spot then? I wa...
  • Dreadlord
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Mac
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Playlist won't complete downloading on Mac OS 10.11

Maybe this isn't a huge issue, but it is driving me up the wall for some reason. (See attached image to the right.) This one playlist won't "complete" the download process. All of the songs do appear to be successfully download. While I haven't tried...

help.png
  • Maybe this isn't a huge issue, but it is driving me up the wall for some reason. (See attached image to the right.)   This one playlist won't "complete" the download process. All of the song...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Mac
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Friend Feed Sidebar Replaced by Recently Played Feature!

Hello to all: Any user posting about the Friend Feed being replaced by Recently Played feature, please post your feedback to this thread here: https://community.spotify.com/t5/Help-Desktop-Mac/Friend-feed-sidebar-replaced-by-recently-played/td-p/1305...

• Not applicable
  • Hello to all:   Any user posting about the Friend Feed being replaced by Recently Played feature, please post your feedback to this thread here: https://community.spotify.com/t5/Help-De...
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes
  • Mac
    Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes

Black screen with endless circle dots!

Tried everything I could think of...Quitting the app (had to force quit it)Restarted my laptop.Deleted the ru.mo thingReinstalled the app. Nothing.My internet is working fine obviously.

Screen Shot 2016-03-13 at 6.52.23 PM.png
  • Casual Listener
  • Tried everything I could think of... Quitting the app (had to force quit it) Restarted my laptop. Deleted the ru.mo thing Reinstalled the app.   Nothing. My internet is working fine obvio...
  • Bittencourt
  • Spotify Star
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Mac
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify only downloads onto iPhone if song is played

I have an iPhone 6. Latest OS and Spotify app. 32Gb free space. Have been using successfully for years and suddenly new offline song are not downloading unless I play them, only then do I get the green arrow. Otherwise it hangs on waiting to download...

• Not applicable
  • I have an iPhone 6. Latest OS and Spotify app. 32Gb free space. Have been using successfully for years and suddenly new offline song are not downloading unless I play them, only then do I get the gre...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Mac
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify Refuses to Shuffle Play (ALL PLATFORMS)

Hi there. I've had a problem with a couple of my Spotify Playlists recently and I chose not to post about until now because I wanted to do some testing to make sure this problem is not easily solveable. Problem:Two specific playlists of mine on Spoti...

• Music Fan
  • Hi there.   I've had a problem with a couple of my Spotify Playlists recently and I chose not to post about until now because I wanted to do some testing to make sure this problem is not easil...
  • Daga
  • Music Fan
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Mac
    Windows
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! DELETE

• Casual Listener
  • Jordi
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Mac
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Empty account after changing phones

I have recently got a new phone, can access my Spotify account but it is empty

• I have recently got a new phone, can access my Spotify account but it is empty
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Mac
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify search bug on OSX desktop

Apparently there's a bug on Spotify 1.0.24.104.g92a22684 on MacosX 10.11.3. You can't move the Spotify Window if the search menu is open.

search_bug.png
  • Music Fan
  • Apparently there's a bug on Spotify 1.0.24.104.g92a22684 on MacosX 10.11.3.   You can't move the Spotify Window if the search menu is open.  
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Mac
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Crashing

My Spotify has worked fine for 2 years but now it will only play for 10minutes (exactly) before crashing & closing down on my iPhone. Why is this?

• My Spotify has worked fine for 2 years but now it will only play for 10minutes (exactly) before crashing & closing down on my iPhone. Why is this?
  • Nico
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Mac
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

How do I remove a column from the playlist?

Every playlist has a column telling me when I added that song to the playlist. Of all the Spotify metadata do you know what I absolutely, under no circumstance give two craps about? That's right! When I added it to a playlist. What's worse is that as...

• Regular
  • <rant> Every playlist has a column telling me when I added that song to the playlist.  Of all the Spotify metadata do you know what I absolutely, under no circumstance give two craps abou...
  • jeannettehoward
  • Regular
  • 14 replies
  • 12 likes
  • Windows
  • 14 replies
  • 12 likes

Search is not working

Cmon guys. Recently I upgraded my account to pro and downloaded the desktop version. The search option is not working!! Something went wrong when looking for a song or artists!! It happens with my iphone and my desktop with Windows What should I do? ...

• Casual Listener
  • Cmon guys. Recently I upgraded my account to pro and downloaded the desktop version. The search option is not working!!    Something went wrong when looking for a song or artists!! It hap...
  • mattrozen83
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Mac
    Windows
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

error occur

"error occur "showed on screen. Try to reboot my pad and phone, even delete and reset the app for several times bug nothing help. what can I do?

• "error occur "showed on screen. Try to reboot my pad and phone, even delete and reset the app for several times bug nothing help. what can I do?
  • Nico
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Mac
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify 1.0.24.104 doesn't work behind https proxy

I've updated this morning from 1.0.21 to 1.0.24 (Ubuntu, but the same on OSX El Capitan), and I cannot set https proxy, only http. So, Spotify client could not connect anymore. WTF guys? Do you test the code you write? I'm paying for a Premium accoun...

• Music Fan
  • I've updated this morning from 1.0.21 to 1.0.24 (Ubuntu, but the same on OSX El Capitan), and I cannot set https proxy, only http. So, Spotify client could not connect anymore.   WTF guys...
  • altefe4
  • 7 replies
  • 8 likes
  • Mac
  • 7 replies
  • 8 likes

Activity Feed not showing up

So I last updated my spotify around 10 days ago and just today I noticed my Activity Feed is gone. I have gone into my account and clicked to not show it and then clicked on it again to try and force it to come up, but nothing happens. I have also tr...

• So I last updated my spotify around 10 days ago and just today I noticed my Activity Feed is gone. I have gone into my account and clicked to not show it and then clicked on it again to try and force...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Mac
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Football streaming

I have just been told that you can watch live football streams through spotfy, is this true and if it is, how?

• I have just been told that you can watch live football streams through spotfy, is this true and if it is, how?
  • user-removed
  • Not applicable
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Mac
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Embed Code doesn't update

Hey guys, i think, i've a bug with my spotify playlist. Even though i'v updated the playlst days ago, it doesn't update me the embed code. It still shows the old (deleted) Songs. Can anyone help me out with that? Cheers, Yannick

• Hey guys,    i think, i've a bug with my spotify playlist.   Even though i'v updated the playlst days ago, it doesn't update me the embed code. It still shows the old (deleted) Son...
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes
  • Mac
    Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes

Solved!! Spotify is not loading, somebody help!!

This thing started about a week ago, I just clicked on the icon and it would'n load... I haven't done anything unusual, and I've tried to reinstall the app, but nothing helped, I don't know what to do! This is what I get when I try to open the app (d...

Снимок экрана 2016-03-01 в 22.31.37.png
  • Casual Listener
  • This thing started about a week ago, I just clicked on the icon and it would'n load... I haven't done anything unusual, and I've tried to reinstall the app, but nothing helped, I don't know what to d...
  • Bittencourt
  • Spotify Star
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Mac
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! How are the public playlists sorted on your profile? (Desktop)

When someone (or yourself) clicks on your profile, you can look at their public playlists. However I cant seem to find any organizational aspect to how these playlists are order. It would even be nice to be able to order them yourself so you can put ...

• Music Fan
  • When someone (or yourself) clicks on your profile, you can look at their public playlists. However I cant seem to find any organizational aspect to how these playlists are order. It would even be nic...
  • Steinhoefel1
  • Regular
  • 4 replies
  • 4 likes
  • Mac
  • 4 replies
  • 4 likes

Starting Spotify crashes whole system (Mac OS X 10.10)

Hi there, It already happened twice, and both times I think it somehow related to dual-monitor setup I have. Sometimes I use my secondary monitor and drop there Spotify window. Then I quit Spotify (and I suppose it remembers somehow where the wondow ...

• Regular
  • Hi there,   It already happened twice, and both times I think it somehow related to dual-monitor setup I have.   Sometimes I use my secondary monitor and drop there Spotify window. Then...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Mac
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes