Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Desktop (Mac)

Discuss Spotify for Mac

Start a topic

Forum Posts

Jam now available on Desktop

Spotify is bringing Jam to the desktop app! 拾 ️ Now you can start or join a listening party with your friends, family, colleagues, and classmates, with the Spotify desktop app in addition to the mobile app. Although you can listen on your own, Jam in...

Start Jam Menu - Desktop App.png Queue Right Sidebar.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

New "Now Playing View" sidebar

Spotify is introducing a new "Now Playing View" sidebar in the desktop app and Web Player to go along with the recently released "Your Library" sidebar. The Now Playing View in the right sidebar shows the album art and info of the current song or pod...

• Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

New Your Library sidebar

Spotify is introducing a new Your Library sidebar in the desktop app and Web Player. The new Your Library sidebar is rolling out to all desktop users now, so you will be seeing it soon if you haven't already. The new Your Library sidebar improves nav...

Sidebar Tips.png Desktop Sidebar Compact View.png Compact Layout.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 3 likes

Solved!! Spotify free: Music stops on MAC

Edited: Thank you very much everyone for helping! Finally I managed to correct the error and the steps are those that DerpyNerd offered and highlighted as a solution. Hi! I have a MacBook Pro, and for a week now I have a problem with the desktop app....

• Casual Listener
  • bfteach
  • Regular
  • 19 replies
  • 1 likes
  • music stops
  • 19 replies
  • 1 likes

[Mac] Troubleshooting Spotify

Having trouble with Spotify on your Desktop app? Here’s what to try first. Search the Community Someone might have asked your question on the Community before. So type your issue into the search box and have a look. Tip: Don't forget to check our Spo...

• Spotify Legend
  • 0 replies
  • 35 likes
  • Mac
  • 0 replies
  • 35 likes

Doesn't show songs

Hello everyone. Recently I tried to build a new playlist, but I'm facing some issues. I have an Italian account but I think that it doesn't matter. I try to add this album to my playlist (https://open.spotify.com/album/3BlPzzq4eYuDuh9vblDP66), but I ...

• Hello everyone. Recently I tried to build a new playlist, but I'm facing some issues. I have an Italian account but I think that it doesn't matter. I try to add this album to my playlist (https://ope...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

access

access

• Casual Listener
  • access
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution new interface an improvement?!?

New interferface - released Feb 2017, don't know what day. Desktop interface is terrible. Much harder to add songs to playlists. Can't see as many songs in one go during searches. Don't know who thought this was a good idea. And it stops playing ofte...

• New interferface - released Feb 2017, don't know what day.   Desktop interface is terrible. Much harder to add songs to playlists. Can't see as many songs in one go during searches. Don't know...
  • Musikconosur
  • Regular
  • 12 replies
  • 8 likes
  • 12 replies
  • 8 likes

Can't drag songs in Spotify?

I'm having an issue with dragging songs since the latest update of Spotify. Anytime I try to drag a song anywhere, Spotify won't respond to any controls after that? For instance, I can have something playing, and then I try to drag a song to change t...

• I'm having an issue with dragging songs since the latest update of Spotify. Anytime I try to drag a song anywhere, Spotify won't respond to any controls after that? For instance, I can have something...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! My Spotify just randomly stopped working

I was listening to a song on Spotify when the program suddenly crashed. When I logged in again, I couldn't go online anymore. I have:1. Restarted my computer. Did not help.2. Checked if something was wrong with my internet connection. It wasn't.3. Re...

• Regular
  • I was listening to a song on Spotify when the program suddenly crashed. When I logged in again, I couldn't go online anymore.   I have: 1. Restarted my computer. Did not help. 2. Checked if ...
  • WaveMage
  • 17 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 17 replies
  • 0 likes

Can't play a song

I am trying to play a song from Ariana Grande, but it's keeps saying that the song is unvailable and that I have to import it if I have it on my deskstop. Why would let me add it to a playlist if it's unvailable and why this particular song and not t...

• Casual Listener
  • I am trying to play a song from Ariana Grande, but it's keeps saying that the song is unvailable and that I have to import it if I have it on my deskstop. Why would let me add it to a playlist if it'...
  • Casual Listener
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

location of Spotify cache on Mac OS X.

Hello to all,I'm running Spotify on OS X El Capitan (10.11.6). I'd like to know how much space the offline songs storage is taking up on my hard drive. According to Spofity preferences, it should be location at:Users/mattstreet/Library/Application Su...

• Casual Listener
  • Hello to all, I'm running Spotify on OS X El Capitan (10.11.6). I'd like to know how much space the offline songs storage is taking up on my hard drive. According to Spofity preferences, it should b...
  • alwil13
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Mac
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

The letter D plays and pause the music

So, it has been a while and when I hit the key D the music pauses and plays, this is a problem because when im writing essays or things like that the music starts to pause and play everytime I type the letter D and ive checked the hotkeys and its not...

• So, it has been a while and when I hit the key D the music pauses and plays, this is a problem because when im writing essays or things like that the music starts to pause and play everytime I type t...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! How to navigate my collection

I just moved my entire collection from Groove to Spotify, on my PC and my Windows phone. My issue on both is how to easily get to the music I want to play. For instance, if I'm viewing by artist, I have over 600 to choose from. The only way I've foun...

• Regular
  • I just moved my entire collection from Groove to Spotify, on my PC and my Windows phone.  My issue on both is how to easily get to the music I want to play.  For instance, if I'm viewi...
  • LAWRENCELLC
  • Regular
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Suddenly I can't import mp3

Hey!All of the sudden I can't import any mp3 in my spotify playlists no more.When I try to drag and drop something into my playlist or local data nothing happens,I think it doesn't even recognize the data as mp3 because there is not the little "+" ic...

• Casual Listener
  • Hey! All of the sudden I can't import any mp3 in my spotify playlists no more. When I try to drag and drop something into my playlist or local data nothing happens, I think it doesn't even recogni...
  • attieajdw
  • Casual Listener
  • 54 replies
  • 7 likes
  • Mac
  • 54 replies
  • 7 likes

"Share your activity to Facebook" reminder keep showing up....

Come on...I cancel this thing numerous times but it keep showing up. It's very annoying.Could comeone told me how to cancel this reminder forever?

• Come on... I cancel this thing numerous times but it keep showing up. It's very annoying. Could comeone told me how to cancel this reminder forever? 
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

[Discover] Broken suggestions in 1.0.68 on macOS

Hi, in version 1.0.68 of the desktop client on macOS, there is a bug in the discovery page.Since this version, I can only see one row of suggestions, matching my taste. The other row (yes there is only one other) is filled with stuff from the charts ...

• Hi,   in version 1.0.68 of the desktop client on macOS, there is a bug in the discovery page. Since this version, I can only see one row of suggestions, matching my taste. The other row (yes ...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify Stream to Facebook is very low quality. Does anybody know why ?

Does anybody notice that when a song is shared from Spotify to Facebook Timeline, the quality is very low... sounds like around 96kbs where drum cymbals are noticeably 'splashy' when streamed directly from the Facebook timeline? Is facebook doing thi...

• Casual Listener
  • Does anybody notice that when a song is shared from Spotify to Facebook Timeline, the quality is very low... sounds like around 96kbs where drum cymbals are noticeably 'splashy' when streamed directl...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Mac
    Web Player
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Funky Town Labelled Explicit?

I mean, I looked up the lyrics just to make sure I wasn't mishearing anything. There is literally no swearing or explicit content in Funkytown. I'm not super concerned really, except I honestly am plerplexed as to why this is. It makes me wonder what...

• I mean, I looked up the lyrics just to make sure I wasn't mishearing anything.  There is literally no swearing or explicit content in Funkytown.  I'm not super concerned really, except I ho...
  • bobbyjoesmith17
  • 3 replies
  • 6 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 6 likes

Solved!! Problem opening Premium App

Hi, I have just downloaded the Premium app and have dragged the file into my Applications folder. When I click on the app, a message keeps repeatedly popping up that I haven't dragged into my Application folder but I have? What do I do? Cheers Donna

• Hi, I have just downloaded the Premium app and have dragged the file into my Applications folder. When I click on the app, a message keeps repeatedly popping up that I haven't dragged into my Ap...
  • maizhohlberg
  • Casual Listener
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Songs not downloading with playlist

I have spotify premium. When downloading a playlist to my mac it doesn't download every song. I've reinstalled spotify, it didn't help. In the screenshot below I've created a small playlist of 44 songs, when I clicked download it said it was only dow...

• Casual Listener
  • I have spotify premium. When downloading a playlist to my mac it doesn't download every song. I've reinstalled spotify, it didn't help. In the screenshot below I've created a small playlist of 44 son...
  • cuttlefish
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Associated Spotify account not found in your system

If use the Sonos app I can play via Spotify, but if I try and play Sonos from the Spotify app I get the message associated Spotify account not found in your systemClearly, it is associated as I can play music using the Sonos app - just not through th...

• Casual Listener
  • If use the Sonos app I can play via Spotify, but if I try and play Sonos from the Spotify app I get the message associated Spotify account not found in your system Clearly, it is associated as I can...
  • AndyDuBois
  • Casual Listener
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

You call this shuffle?

So I am a fan of the stranger things soundtrack, but I don't want to listen to them too often or else I might get bored of them. So I want them to be well diluted through a bigger playlist of songs I like a little bit less. This should be easy to do ...

• So I am a fan of the stranger things soundtrack, but I don't want to listen to them too often or else I might get bored of them. So I want them to be well diluted through a bigger playlist of so...
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes

Creating playlists

Hello,I have some music files on my imac desktop and i have playlists on my itunes library.I am creating playlists on my spotify account. How can i drag these files from my desktop or my itunes playlists to my spotify playlist.When i imported my itun...

• Hello, I have some music files on my imac desktop and i have playlists on my itunes library. I am creating playlists on my spotify account. How can i drag these files from my desktop or my itunes p...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

How do I get it to stop recommending Christian Radio on Sunday?

I don't listen to it, so why is it at the top of my Spotify home page every Sunday? How do I turn that off?

• Casual Listener
  • I don't listen to it, so why is it at the top of my Spotify home page every Sunday?  How do I turn that off?
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes