Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Desktop (Mac)

Discuss Spotify for Mac

Start a topic

Forum Posts

Jam now available on Desktop

Spotify is bringing Jam to the desktop app! 拾 ️ Now you can start or join a listening party with your friends, family, colleagues, and classmates, with the Spotify desktop app in addition to the mobile app. Although you can listen on your own, Jam in...

Start Jam Menu - Desktop App.png Queue Right Sidebar.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

New "Now Playing View" sidebar

Spotify is introducing a new "Now Playing View" sidebar in the desktop app and Web Player to go along with the recently released "Your Library" sidebar. The Now Playing View in the right sidebar shows the album art and info of the current song or pod...

• Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

New Your Library sidebar

Spotify is introducing a new Your Library sidebar in the desktop app and Web Player. The new Your Library sidebar is rolling out to all desktop users now, so you will be seeing it soon if you haven't already. The new Your Library sidebar improves nav...

Sidebar Tips.png Desktop Sidebar Compact View.png Compact Layout.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 3 likes

Solved!! Spotify free: Music stops on MAC

Edited: Thank you very much everyone for helping! Finally I managed to correct the error and the steps are those that DerpyNerd offered and highlighted as a solution. Hi! I have a MacBook Pro, and for a week now I have a problem with the desktop app....

• Casual Listener
  • bfteach
  • Regular
  • 19 replies
  • 1 likes
  • music stops
  • 19 replies
  • 1 likes

[Mac] Troubleshooting Spotify

Having trouble with Spotify on your Desktop app? Here’s what to try first. Search the Community Someone might have asked your question on the Community before. So type your issue into the search box and have a look. Tip: Don't forget to check our Spo...

• Spotify Legend
  • 0 replies
  • 34 likes
  • Mac
  • 0 replies
  • 34 likes

Solved!! How do I delete offline synced songs?

I'm sure this has been asked alot, but is there a way to delete the "cache" of offline music synced to my mac? I know there is no way to delete the music on my iphone except to reinstall the app. But I'm wondering if theres a way to delete the downlo...

• Regular
  • I'm sure this has been asked alot, but is there a way to delete the "cache" of offline music synced to my mac? I know there is no way to delete the music on my iphone except to reinstall the app. But...
  • user-removed
  • Not applicable
  • 15 replies
  • 4 likes
  • 15 replies
  • 4 likes

How can I get Spotify to recognize updated tag info?

I have been taking on the task of running many, many of my files through a tag program, deleting old (multiple) tags, and, generally, cleaning everything up. One issue that I've noticed is that Spotify doesn't recognize the changes that I've made to ...

• Regular
  • I have been taking on the task of running many, many of my files through a tag program, deleting old (multiple) tags, and, generally, cleaning everything up.   One issue that I've noticed is t...
  • rodmusic
  • 11 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 11 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify Daily Mix display bug

Some list entries are missing in daily mix. Their text content can't be clicked. (it's not just invisible).macOS 10.12.6

• Roadie
  • Some list entries are missing in daily mix. Their text content can't be clicked. (it's not just invisible). macOS 10.12.6
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Mac
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Search Problems

I have a spotify account and it has been working fine for ages (bit slow). However lately, when I try to search for a song or an artist it keeps syaing that there are no results, or it will take ages to load and then not load properly. So basically I...

• I have a spotify account and it has been working fine for ages (bit slow). However lately, when I try to search for a song or an artist it keeps syaing that there are no results, or it will take ages...
  • alejorojas2k
  • 11 replies
  • 5 likes
  • 11 replies
  • 5 likes

turn off auto import of iTunes library

How do I stop spotify from loading my itunes index. I takes a while to do that and I don't want to see my library when start up Spotify Thanks

• Regular
  • How do I stop spotify from loading my itunes index.  I takes a while to do that and I don't want to see my library when start up Spotify Thanks 
  • bobsax
  • Casual Listener
  • 12 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 12 replies
  • 0 likes

Profile and cover photo is same

Hi,on my artist page, if I want to upload a image it shows the same for profile pic and cover pic. How to get there a different photos? I want headline/cover photo to be band picture and profile (small one) to be our band logo.Thanks

• Hi, on my artist page, if I want to upload a image it shows the same for profile pic and cover pic. How to get there a different photos? I want headline/cover photo to be band picture and profile ...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

waiting waiting... PC and IOS both showing a green waiting circle

im tring to give my son a code for a family account but both his phone and the PC have a green waiting circle when we follow the email link to his account, please help!windows 10. IOS. the PC app will log him in fine but not sure where to add the cod...

• im tring to give my son a code for a family account but both his phone and the PC have a green waiting circle when we follow the email link to his account, please help! windows 10. IOS.  the P...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Local albums splitting up in collection

Hi there, I added all my local files to my collection, but A LOT of the albums are split - i have a few tracks of an album sepeate from the others (there's a screenshot if you want).... This is really annoying - any fix?

• Casual Listener
  • Hi there, I added all my local files to my collection, but A LOT of the albums are split - i have a few tracks of an album sepeate from the others (there's a screenshot if you want).... This is reall...
  • winterwulf
  • Regular
  • 5 replies
  • 1 likes
  • Windows
  • 5 replies
  • 1 likes

Solved!! HELP, SPOTIFY WON'T QUIT!

I'm running Mac OSX 10.6.8, and have th latest version of spotify but in the last couple of days it has just frozen up and it wont let me quit the application. When I click on it to open all the options at the top have disappeared and won't let me se...

• Casual Listener
  • I'm running Mac OSX 10.6.8, and have th latest version of spotify but in the last couple of days it has just frozen up and it wont let me quit the application. When I click on it to open all the opti...
  • hannahedaw
  • 26 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 26 replies
  • 3 likes

Superuser Contribution Syncing Local Files to Android, apparently new problem

I had my local files synced to my Andriod until about a week ago, at which point (for reasons beyond my comprehension) all my downloaded playlists on my phone were no longer downloaded. Since then, I have been unable to sync my local files to my phon...

• I had my local files synced to my Andriod until about a week ago, at which point (for reasons beyond my comprehension) all my downloaded playlists on my phone were no longer downloaded. Since then, I...
  • scratcher221
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

Solved!! Why does it only play one song in playlist then always move to new playlist?

I am new to Spotify. I have so far only two bands. have one band in one playlist and another in another playlist. Whenever I play one song from one list, when the song's over it always starts playing a song from the other list. Why won't it play the ...

• Casual Listener
  • I am new to Spotify. I have so far only two bands. have one band in one playlist and another in another playlist. Whenever I play one song from one list, when the song's over it always starts playing...
  • lizzie7
  • Casual Listener
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes

Double Loading Spinners

This is a bug I have noticed today. It happens when you click on a playlist. When the playlist isn't instant you see two one when you initially click and then the other appears. My coworkers and I notice this only on mac os 10.11.6 desktop app.

• Music Fan
  • This is a bug I have noticed today. It happens when you click on a playlist. When the playlist isn't instant you see two one when you initially click and then the other appears.   My coworkers...
  • 0 replies
  • 2 likes
  • Mac
  • 0 replies
  • 2 likes

Favourite, Like or Star a song?

Hi all, I have tried to do some forum searching but all the topics I come across are from 2014, so, here goes; Very. very new to Spotify migrating over from Google Music where you could 'thump up' specific songs you like a feature that appears to be ...

• Casual Listener
  • Hi all,   I have tried to do some forum searching but all the topics I come across are from 2014, so, here goes;   Very. very new to Spotify migrating over from Google Music where you c...
  • user-removed
  • Not applicable
  • 2 replies
  • 6 likes
  • Windows
  • 2 replies
  • 6 likes

Spotify on OS X doesn't restore as a full screen app [BUG]

I tried to file this in the bug topic, but it wouldn't let me create a new post. On the redesigned Spotify (black interface) OS X desktop app, it no longer restores as a full screen app. In the previous version(s) if it was a full screened app, you q...

• Regular
  • I tried to file this in the bug topic, but it wouldn't let me create a new post.   On the redesigned Spotify (black interface) OS X desktop app, it no longer restores as a full screen app. I...
  • danmandle
  • Regular
  • 14 replies
  • 29 likes
  • Mac
  • 14 replies
  • 29 likes

Create similar playlist

Hi, unfortunately the function "create a similar playlist" (maybe not the exact translation into English) when you perform a right click on one of your playlists does not work any more. I click on it and wait, but nothing happens. Does anybody know w...

• Hi,   unfortunately the function "create a similar playlist" (maybe not the exact translation into English) when you perform a right click on one of your playlists does not work any more. I cl...
  • maurice_ichi
  • Roadie
  • 2 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 2 likes

Can I import the offline songs that I backed up?

I recently moved abroad to a country where all internet access is paid for per GB. Before I left, I had 15GB of downloaded/offline music which I backed up on an external hard drive just by copying over the folder that it was stored in. After getting ...

• I recently moved abroad to a country where all internet access is paid for per GB. Before I left, I had 15GB of downloaded/offline music which I backed up on an external hard drive just by copying ov...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Local mp3 files aren't syncing to iPhone 6

My local mp3 files can be played on spotify on my computer but not on the iPhone 6. They show up along with the other files being synced for offline play, but they are grayed out and not able to be played. How can I fix this problem?

• Casual Listener
  • My local mp3 files can be played on spotify on my computer but not on the iPhone 6. They show up along with the other files being synced for offline play, but they are grayed out ...
  • Paulo23
  • Roadie
  • 5 replies
  • 1 likes
  • Mac
  • 5 replies
  • 1 likes

spotify keeps saving songs on its own?

Im having a problem where I'll be listening to spotify, and then the song will stop and multiple Spotify Media Players will pop up and several songs will line up to start playing. I've had songs, albums, and playlists saved afterwards that I've never...

• Im having a problem where I'll be listening to spotify, and then the song will stop and multiple Spotify Media Players will pop up and several songs will line up to start playing. I've had songs, alb...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

REMOVE TOUCH BAR ICON!

This is so infuriating, and I'm hoping theres a way (via plist files or whatever) to fix it... Spotify force-adds an icon to the 'collapsed' view of the clamshell view of the touch bar (the one you can customize). This wouldn't be bad if their custom...

• Casual Listener
  • This is so infuriating, and I'm hoping theres a way (via plist files or whatever) to fix it...   Spotify force-adds an icon to the 'collapsed' view of the clamshell view of the touch bar (the ...
  • aburwash
  • 4 replies
  • 2 likes
  • Mac
  • 4 replies
  • 2 likes

This track is unavailable. If it's on your computer, you can try to import it again.

There are two tracks (at least that I know of), which Spotify was able to play in the beginning. However, since a few days, I can't play them anymore. They do appear in my list of Local Files and there's no problem of playing them with any other kind...

• There are two tracks (at least that I know of), which Spotify was able to play in the beginning. However, since a few days, I can't play them anymore. They do appear in my list of Local Files and the...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes