Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Desktop (Mac)

Discuss Spotify for Mac

Start a topic

Forum Posts

Jam now available on Desktop

Spotify is bringing Jam to the desktop app! 拾 ️ Now you can start or join a listening party with your friends, family, colleagues, and classmates, with the Spotify desktop app in addition to the mobile app. Although you can listen on your own, Jam in...

Start Jam Menu - Desktop App.png Queue Right Sidebar.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

New "Now Playing View" sidebar

Spotify is introducing a new "Now Playing View" sidebar in the desktop app and Web Player to go along with the recently released "Your Library" sidebar. The Now Playing View in the right sidebar shows the album art and info of the current song or pod...

• Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

New Your Library sidebar

Spotify is introducing a new Your Library sidebar in the desktop app and Web Player. The new Your Library sidebar is rolling out to all desktop users now, so you will be seeing it soon if you haven't already. The new Your Library sidebar improves nav...

Sidebar Tips.png Desktop Sidebar Compact View.png Compact Layout.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 3 likes

Solved!! Spotify free: Music stops on MAC

Edited: Thank you very much everyone for helping! Finally I managed to correct the error and the steps are those that DerpyNerd offered and highlighted as a solution. Hi! I have a MacBook Pro, and for a week now I have a problem with the desktop app....

• Casual Listener
  • bfteach
  • Regular
  • 19 replies
  • 1 likes
  • music stops
  • 19 replies
  • 1 likes

[Mac] Troubleshooting Spotify

Having trouble with Spotify on your Desktop app? Here’s what to try first. Search the Community Someone might have asked your question on the Community before. So type your issue into the search box and have a look. Tip: Don't forget to check our Spo...

• Spotify Legend
  • 0 replies
  • 35 likes
  • Mac
  • 0 replies
  • 35 likes

How to recover my deleted songs (not playlists) ?

Hi, Yesterday, I accidently deleted all my songs in the section "YOUR MUSIC". Is there a solution to recover all my songs please ? Thank you for your help.

• Casual Listener
  • Hi,   Yesterday, I accidently deleted all my songs in the section "YOUR MUSIC".   Is there a solution to recover all my songs please 😞 ?   Thank you for your help.
  • Logicman86
  • 10 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Mac
  • 10 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Spotify freezing on latest release? Report it here.

Hey everyone, As we're rolling out a new release of Spotify for desktops - v0.8.4 - we're keen to stay on top of any bugs that may have crept in while we weren't looking. We hate bugs. So if you're having problems please use the following template to...

• Community Legend
  • Hey everyone,   As we're rolling out a new release of Spotify for desktops - v0.8.4 - we're keen to stay on top of any bugs that may have crept in while we weren't looking. We hate bugs. &...
  • deavon20
  • Casual Listener
  • 250 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 250 replies
  • 1 likes

search (by label) no longer functional

If you search by label (e.g. In+the+Red) the results are essentially worthless now. Numerous albums, songs, and artists no longer show up in results (and when you click-through to categories). Search seems to have gone downhill a few releases ago.

• Gig Goer
  • If you search by label (e.g. In+the+Red) the results are essentially worthless now.  Numerous albums, songs, and artists no longer show up in results (and when you click-through to categories).&...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Mac
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution permanently remove the "discover weekly" playlist?

Spotify -- I didn't opt into this feature. You are damaging my user content -- my playlists -- without permission. Please tell me how to permanently remove this advertising from my "Premium" account. I pay for no ads. This is in my face at the top of...

• Roadie
  • Spotify -- I didn't opt into this feature. You are damaging my user content -- my playlists -- without permission.   Please tell me how to permanently remove this advertising from my "Premium"...
  • TomaszZZZ1
  • 10 replies
  • 3 likes
  • Windows
  • 10 replies
  • 3 likes

Minilyric plugins for spotify wasn't installed properly

hey, i installed minilyric.. it says that minilyric is a plugin fro spotify..minilyric ask me to choose the installation path manually and after i did it, minilyric keep saying that spotify plugin wasn't installed properly..what should i do?thanks

• hey, i installed minilyric.. it says that minilyric is a plugin fro spotify.. minilyric ask me to choose the installation path manually and after i did it, minilyric keep saying that spotify plugin ...
  • The_Argentinian
  • Casual Listener
  • 8 replies
  • 6 likes
  • 8 replies
  • 6 likes

Minilyrics

Hello everbody. I've been using an app called Minilyrics and since a few updates, the app couldn't work fine again. Has someone been using this app and experimented this? If so, could it be fixed?Thanks!!

• Casual Listener
  • Hello everbody. I've been using an app called Minilyrics and since a few updates, the app couldn't work fine again. Has someone been using this app and experimented this? If so, could it be fixed? T...
  • The_Argentinian
  • Casual Listener
  • 12 replies
  • 8 likes
  • Windows
  • 12 replies
  • 8 likes

music stops playing when commercial starts

The home depot commercial comes up, won't play, so it essentially locks up and i can't listen to anything. I then have to restart the program for it to work again. Home depot commercials come on a lot, so I'm frequently restarting. This is a huge inc...

• Casual Listener
  • The home depot commercial comes up, won't play, so it essentially locks up and i can't listen to anything. I then have to restart the program for it to work again. Home depot commercials come on a lo...
  • jjc289
  • 12 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Mac
  • 12 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! lost all songs suddenly,NOT PLAYLIST,ALL MY MUSIC IN SONGS FOLDER-perdidas todas las canciones

He estado usando spotify todo el dia y hace media hora derrepente,sin haber modificado nada he perdido todas las canciones añadidas en la seccion ´´canciones´´ no las playlist,que se pueden recuperar desde la web,tambien conservo todos los artistas q...

• Music Fan
  • He estado usando spotify todo el dia y hace media hora derrepente,sin haber modificado nada he perdido todas las canciones añadidas en la seccion ´´canciones´´ no las playlist,que se pueden recuperar...
  • xari_67
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Create a similar playlist isn't working

It's a Playlsit that I have created and I'm trying to create a similar one (on a MacBook) but it's not working. The option isn't blanked out, but nothing happens when I click it. How can I fix this?

• Visitor
  • It's a Playlsit that I have created and I'm trying to create a similar one (on a MacBook) but it's not working. The option isn't blanked out, but nothing happens when I click it. How can I fix this?
  • 0 replies
  • 2 likes
  • Mac
  • 0 replies
  • 2 likes

my music has disappeared

A week ago the songs in 'my music' section have disappeared when I use my account in my desktop ( this didn't happen in my iphone app). I can't see my songs nor play them. It may coincide with having used my iphone as a remote control for playing mus...

• A week ago the songs in 'my music' section have disappeared when I use my account in my desktop ( this didn't happen in my iphone app). I can't see my songs nor play them. It may coincide with h...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Playlist limits

Are there any limits to the number of playlists that you can have? Am hitting the limit of Albums and I just wondered...

• Roadie
  • Are there any limits to the number of playlists that you can have?   Am hitting the limit of Albums and I just wondered...    
  • Bittencourt
  • Spotify Star
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify Freezes my entire Macbook Pro!

So I just downloaded spotify, it logins and opens, but then whenever i try to click anything it just freezes my WHOLE LAPTOP. I can't even click force quit, i have to force restart EVER SINGLE TIME. I have the newest model of a macbook pro, this shou...

• Casual Listener
  • So I just downloaded spotify, it logins and opens, but then whenever i try to click anything it just freezes my WHOLE LAPTOP. I can't even click force quit, i have to force restart EVER SINGLE TIME. ...
  • deividreimon
  • 43 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 43 replies
  • 0 likes

People list real time song refresh

On the right hand side in the people list where it shows the songs people are listening to it is not refreshing. I have to restart spotify to see the updated feed. Is this a problem others are having? I had hoped that it would refresh in real time (l...

• On the right hand side in the people list where it shows the songs people are listening to it is not refreshing. I have to restart spotify to see the updated feed. Is this a problem others are having...
  • creativename1
  • Casual Listener
  • 5 replies
  • 6 likes
  • 5 replies
  • 6 likes

Spotify does not work on MacOS High Sierra

Spotify does not connect to internet in MacOS High Sierra because it uses deprecated code no longer supported by MacOS. Spotify[914]: DEPRECATED USE in libdispatch client: Changing the target of a source after it has been activatedSpotify[914]: BUG i...

• Spotify does not connect to internet in MacOS High Sierra because it uses deprecated code no longer supported by MacOS.   Spotify[914]: DEPRECATED USE in libdispatch client: Changing the targe...
  • deathmonger
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes
  • Mac
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes

Friend Feed won't show anything

Hello there,my friend feed doesn't show anything, even though I'm following friends and bands. Used to work when my account was still connected to my facebook profile, which it isn't anymore. Tried to switch the "right sidebar" off and on again, but ...

• Hello there, my friend feed doesn't show anything, even though I'm following friends and bands. Used to work when my account was still connected to my facebook profile, which it isn't anymore. Tried...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Lost all my saved music

This morning I tried to listen to one of my saved albums and realized Spotify has removed every single song from my library (around 50 albums' worth of music). My playlists are intact, but everything else is gone. Is there any way I can recover what ...

• This morning I tried to listen to one of my saved albums and realized Spotify has removed every single song from my library (around 50 albums' worth of music). My playlists are intact, but everything...
  • maekoer2
  • 8 replies
  • 2 likes
  • Mac
    Windows
  • 8 replies
  • 2 likes

How to end songs early

Hey everyone, first time here. Is there a way to tell spotify to end songs early? I like the song "20 Dollar Nose Bleed" By Fall Out Boy. I love the song but the last 40 seconds is a weird post song transition to their next track. Can I tell spotify ...

• Hey everyone, first time here. Is there a way to tell spotify to end songs early? I like the song "20 Dollar Nose Bleed" By Fall Out Boy. I love the song but the last 40 seconds is a weird post song ...
  • 0 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 3 likes

Local files (songs)

I dont know how to delete tracks from my "local" playlist in spotify i have deleted all music i had in my PC but in my Spotify "local" playlist all tracks turnd grey but I want to delete them from the list because they are grey and useless.

• I dont know how to delete tracks from my "local" playlist in spotify i have deleted all music i had in my PC but in my Spotify "local" playlist all tracks turnd grey but I want to delete them from th...
  • JakobLM
  • Casual Listener
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Smart Playlist?

Hey guys! So I was wondering are there smart playlist on spotify? What I mean is like Apple Music allows you to take all your music, and whatever met a certian parameter of rules where added to the playlist. Ex. Everything with "rap" in the genre wou...

• Hey guys! So I was wondering are there smart playlist on spotify? What I mean is like Apple Music allows you to take all your music, and whatever met a certian parameter of rules where added to ...
  • Maxim
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 2 likes
  • Mac
  • 1 replies
  • 2 likes