Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Desktop (Mac)

Discuss Spotify for Mac

Start a topic

Forum Posts

Jam now available on Desktop

Spotify is bringing Jam to the desktop app! 拾 ️ Now you can start or join a listening party with your friends, family, colleagues, and classmates, with the Spotify desktop app in addition to the mobile app. Although you can listen on your own, Jam in...

Start Jam Menu - Desktop App.png Queue Right Sidebar.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

New "Now Playing View" sidebar

Spotify is introducing a new "Now Playing View" sidebar in the desktop app and Web Player to go along with the recently released "Your Library" sidebar. The Now Playing View in the right sidebar shows the album art and info of the current song or pod...

• Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

New Your Library sidebar

Spotify is introducing a new Your Library sidebar in the desktop app and Web Player. The new Your Library sidebar is rolling out to all desktop users now, so you will be seeing it soon if you haven't already. The new Your Library sidebar improves nav...

Sidebar Tips.png Desktop Sidebar Compact View.png Compact Layout.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 3 likes

Solved!! Spotify free: Music stops on MAC

Edited: Thank you very much everyone for helping! Finally I managed to correct the error and the steps are those that DerpyNerd offered and highlighted as a solution. Hi! I have a MacBook Pro, and for a week now I have a problem with the desktop app....

• Casual Listener
  • bfteach
  • Regular
  • 19 replies
  • 1 likes
  • music stops
  • 19 replies
  • 1 likes

[Mac] Troubleshooting Spotify

Having trouble with Spotify on your Desktop app? Here’s what to try first. Search the Community Someone might have asked your question on the Community before. So type your issue into the search box and have a look. Tip: Don't forget to check our Spo...

• Spotify Legend
  • 0 replies
  • 35 likes
  • Mac
  • 0 replies
  • 35 likes

My songs are not loading

Hey guys! So for the past week, I have been trying to listen to my songs that I saved. I have like over 500 songs, and I like to just hit the shuffle button and let it play from all of the songs I have. In order to get all of the songs, I need to scr...

• Hey guys! So for the past week, I have been trying to listen to my songs that I saved. I have like over 500 songs, and I like to just hit the shuffle button and let it play from all of the songs I ha...
  • ash_green1
  • Casual Listener
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

Anyway to bind my buttons on the keyboard to chance volume on only spotify not everything ?

i got 2 buttons on my logitech internet navigator keyboard that are volume buttons. anyway to make them only work on spotify not all different sounds on the computer ?

• i got 2 buttons on my logitech internet navigator keyboard that are volume buttons. anyway to make them only work on spotify not all different sounds on the computer ?
  • PousseCrotte
  • Casual Listener
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • Windows
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

Where did Repeat One go?

I'm trying to repeat a song on my spotify iOS app/mac desktop app, but the repeat one option seems to have disappeared? When I click on the repeat button it says "repeat track" but nothing is actually repeat.

• I'm trying to repeat a song on my spotify iOS app/mac desktop app, but the repeat one option seems to have disappeared? When I click on the repeat button it says "repeat track" but nothing is actuall...
  • CryticalAce
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

Songs imported from drive, won't override the album.

"This song is not available. if you have the file on your computer you can import it". I want to listed to a particular album that I own (digital version). Spotify won't let me stream this album. Probably because of licensing issues, or localisation ...

• Casual Listener
  • "This song is not available. if you have the file on your computer you can import it".    I want to listed to a particular album that I own (digital version). Spotify won't let me stream ...
  • h_four
  • Casual Listener
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Wrong song is playing

One of the bands I listen to, Pinback, has issues with playing the right song. On their album Blue Screen Life, the song X.I.Y every other day is playing a different version of the song for some reason. On the album Pinback, the song Tripoli isn't ev...

• One of the bands I listen to, Pinback, has issues with playing the right song. On their album Blue Screen Life, the song X.I.Y every other day is playing a different version of the song for some reas...
  • Morality_Leach
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes
  • Mac
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes

Like/Dislike opposite places

Hi, The Favourite and Remove icons in Daily Mix is in opposite places as the Thumbs Up and Thumbs Down icons when playing Radio. ThanksThomas

• Hi,   The Favourite and Remove icons in Daily Mix is in opposite places as the Thumbs Up and Thumbs Down icons when playing Radio.     Thanks Thomas
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Cant play current song.

Help required. Im listening to spotify but when I open up a game on the pc the music stops and spotify displays a "cant play current song message". Any ideas why? and how can i listen and play? I've tabbed out and tried pressing play and switching so...

• Help required.   Im listening to spotify but when I open up a game on the pc the music stops and spotify displays a "cant play current song message". Any ideas why? and how can i listen and pl...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Track Jumps to First Position When Using Multiple Devices

Whenever I am using two desktop Spotify programs to control the music through, the music soon jumps to the beginning of the playlist (usually after the end of the first selected track is played). This is not using shuffle and also not at the last tra...

• Casual Listener
  • Whenever I am using two desktop Spotify programs to control the music through, the music soon jumps to the beginning of the playlist (usually after the end of the first selected track is played). Thi...
  • 0 replies
  • 2 likes
  • Mac
    Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 2 likes

Songs unavailable in offline mode

I had put these songs on the playlist but the songs marked (there are more) on the screenshot is still unavailable when am in offline mode. I did uninstall the app then performed a clean install but the problem still persists. Please help... Thanks.

• I had put these songs on the playlist but the songs marked (there are more) on the screenshot is still unavailable when am in offline mode. I did uninstall the app then performed a clean install but ...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Sound issues on downloaded songs (extreme quality)

HeyI've recently got hands on my new Sennheiser HD598 SR. Their sound is amazing. But since I'm using these I've discovered disturbing sounds on my extreme quality downloads. Especially with quiet songs there is a cracking sound which appears to be r...

• Casual Listener
  • Hey I've recently got hands on my new Sennheiser HD598 SR. Their sound is amazing. But since I'm using these I've discovered disturbing sounds on my extreme quality downloads. Especially with quiet ...
  • Noacktion8
  • Casual Listener
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Cracking Sound
    Sound Quality
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes

Embed Spotify Porblem Always plays the same song

Hi there,I have this problem the embed spotify on my website only plays one song of the record. Even if I chosee a different song on the list always play the first one.Here is a link of one of the records embed.http://hueso-records.com/product/el-mun...

• Hi there, I have this problem the embed spotify on my website only plays one song of the record. Even if I chosee a different song on the list always play the first one. Here is a link of one of th...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Songs I listen to don't show up on followers' Friend Activities

Nobody that follows me can see what I'm listening to/have listened to in the sidebar. I've enabled "Publish my activity on Spotify," I'm not in a private session, I just can't figure it out! Any help would be appreciated!(also i've scoured this forum...

• Casual Listener
  • Nobody that follows me can see what I'm listening to/have listened to in the sidebar. I've enabled "Publish my activity on Spotify," I'm not in a private session, I just can't figure it out! Any help...
  • Swanny
  • Community Legend
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes

Not showing up in friend activity or search

I haven't been showing up on anybody's friend activity bar for a while now. I even made a new account, followed myself, and had nothing show up in the friend activity bar. Even more confusing still, I do not show up in the search at all, even in the ...

• I haven't been showing up on anybody's friend activity bar for a while now. I even made a new account, followed myself, and had nothing show up in the friend activity bar. Even more confusing still, ...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Discover Weekly not updated

Hi, I recently came back to Spotify from a break. However, my DW playlist was last updated 1 month ago. Is there any way to fix this? Here's the my url:https://open.spotify.com/user/spotify/playlist/37i9dQZEVXcXGpfoU1KRVZ Appreciate all the help.

• Casual Listener
  • Hi, I recently came back to Spotify from a break. However, my DW playlist was last updated 1 month ago. Is there any way to fix this? Here's the my url: https://open.spotify.com/user/spotify/playlis...
  • jroeleveld
  • Casual Listener
  • 9 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 9 replies
  • 1 likes

Superuser Contribution Shows I'm still following people that I unfollowed

My followers list still shows I'm following 4 people that I unfollowed months ago. It also shows up when looking at my profile from other accounts. I'll inclue a screenshot. They are on my followers list even though I am not following them.

• My followers list still shows I'm following 4 people that I unfollowed months ago. It also shows up when looking at my profile from other accounts. I'll inclue a screenshot. They are on my followers ...
  • Lee
  • Spotify
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Mac
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Spotify plays ALL songs from an artist, not just the one I select

After searching for an album by an artist, I click the big PLAY button next to the album. It starts playing, but looking at the Play Queue, it's filled with songs from other albums by this artist, not just the one I wanted to play. This *can't* be th...

• Casual Listener
  • After searching for an album by an artist, I click the big PLAY button next to the album. It starts playing, but looking at the Play Queue, it's filled with songs from other albums by this artist, no...
  • fdshenika
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Mac
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Shuffle only shuffling artists that begin with the same alphabetical letter

I've been having an issue with the shuffle on my account. The shuffle will only shuffle the artists that begin with a certain letter. Most of the time it's only 2 or 3 artists that begin with the letter "A" like Air and Alabama Shakes. It will repeat...

• I've been having an issue with the shuffle on my account. The shuffle will only shuffle the artists that begin with a certain letter. Most of the time it's only 2 or 3 artists that begin wi...
  • Casual Listener
  • 6 replies
  • 5 likes
  • Windows
  • 6 replies
  • 5 likes

Superuser Contribution Spotify does not update iTunes

Hi,I tried to import my Apple Music playlist, but it's not showing in Spotify. I see a folder with the name iTunes, but there are no files.I don't have my iTunes library with local files, 'cause I used Apple Music everything is in the cloud.Please te...

• Visitor
  • Hi, I tried to import my Apple Music playlist, but it's not showing in Spotify. I see a folder with the name iTunes, but there are no files. I don't have my iTunes library with local files, 'cause ...
  • itu_
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Help with strange playlist??!!

Hi I've had a weird playlist appear in my Spotify (am subscribed) I did NOT create this playlist - but the program says I did. Should I be concerned that someone is somehow using my account?? The songs are in African or Middle Eastern language - not ...

• Hi   I've had a weird playlist appear in my Spotify (am subscribed)   I did NOT create this playlist - but the program says I did. Should I be concerned that someone is somehow using my...
  • Hubo
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

No Offline Switch on top of playlist

Hey Community! I have been using Spotify for a while and have had a premium account for all of my subscription time. Recently, I noticed that my play offline button has disappeared and I have no way of making selected playlists available offline. I d...

• Casual Listener
  • Hey Community! I have been using Spotify for a while and have had a premium account for all of my subscription time. Recently, I noticed that my play offline button has disappeared and I have no way ...
  • Roseribbon
  • 13 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 13 replies
  • 0 likes