Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Desktop (Mac)

Discuss Spotify for Mac

Start a topic

Forum Posts

Jam now available on Desktop

Spotify is bringing Jam to the desktop app! 拾 ️ Now you can start or join a listening party with your friends, family, colleagues, and classmates, with the Spotify desktop app in addition to the mobile app. Although you can listen on your own, Jam in...

Start Jam Menu - Desktop App.png Queue Right Sidebar.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

New "Now Playing View" sidebar

Spotify is introducing a new "Now Playing View" sidebar in the desktop app and Web Player to go along with the recently released "Your Library" sidebar. The Now Playing View in the right sidebar shows the album art and info of the current song or pod...

• Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

New Your Library sidebar

Spotify is introducing a new Your Library sidebar in the desktop app and Web Player. The new Your Library sidebar is rolling out to all desktop users now, so you will be seeing it soon if you haven't already. The new Your Library sidebar improves nav...

Sidebar Tips.png Desktop Sidebar Compact View.png Compact Layout.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 3 likes

Solved!! Spotify free: Music stops on MAC

Edited: Thank you very much everyone for helping! Finally I managed to correct the error and the steps are those that DerpyNerd offered and highlighted as a solution. Hi! I have a MacBook Pro, and for a week now I have a problem with the desktop app....

• Casual Listener
  • bfteach
  • Regular
  • 19 replies
  • 1 likes
  • music stops
  • 19 replies
  • 1 likes

[Mac] Troubleshooting Spotify

Having trouble with Spotify on your Desktop app? Here’s what to try first. Search the Community Someone might have asked your question on the Community before. So type your issue into the search box and have a look. Tip: Don't forget to check our Spo...

• Spotify Legend
  • 0 replies
  • 35 likes
  • Mac
  • 0 replies
  • 35 likes

My playlist is suddenly empty

As of today, one of my playlists is empty. It is a shared playlist, but the collaborators swear they haven't done anything. To be clear: The playlist is not deleted, it has been emptied ("The playlist is currently empty"), so the "Restore playlist" f...

• As of today, one of my playlists is empty. It is a shared playlist, but the collaborators swear they haven't done anything.   To be clear: The playlist is not deleted, it has been emptied...
  • cerenkilic
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Mac
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Discover Weekly hasn't updated for over a month

Hi,My Discover Weekly playlist hasn't updated in over a month despite me logging in and out several times, nothing seems to change!

• Casual Listener
  • Hi, My Discover Weekly playlist hasn't updated in over a month despite me logging in and out several times, nothing seems to change!  
  • dsfsdfsdfsdfsdf
  • 9 replies
  • 1 likes
  • Mac
  • 9 replies
  • 1 likes

Use local but switch to Spotify

I have songs in folders locally that I can add to Spotify into a playlist. However, i want to use the Spotify versions of the songs instead. Is there a way to have Spotify find the best match to my local song?

• I have songs in folders locally that I can add to Spotify into a playlist. However, i want to use the Spotify versions of the songs instead. Is there a way to have Spotify find the best match to...
  • dinomight
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Mac
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! No internet connection (error 4)/Local files not loading/"Error in template application" MAC

I have looked all thought the posts but still cannot find a solution to my Spotify problems. When I log in, very little loads properly, my local files come up but won't play. No playlists are coming up and an error bar at the top says "No internet co...

• Casual Listener
  • I have looked all thought the posts but still cannot find a solution to my Spotify problems.   When I log in, very little loads properly, my local files come up but won't play. No playlists ...
  • kpschaab
  • Casual Listener
  • 48 replies
  • 4 likes
  • Mac
  • 48 replies
  • 4 likes

Superuser Contribution Removed Playlists for this Artist in about section?

There used to be a place in the about section on each artists that listed other playlists the artist was on. Has this feature been removed? It was super useful for discovery purposes.

• Casual Listener
  • There used to be a place in the about section on each artists that listed other playlists the artist was on.  Has this feature been removed?  It was super useful for discovery purposes.
  • Lee
  • Spotify
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Mac
    Windows
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Bring back sorting in search results... again...

Hi.I know there was a big hoo-haa a few years back when Spotify desktop lost the option to organise search results by clicking on the column headers. Well, in one of the recent updates that same functionality seems to have been lost all over again. I...

• Casual Listener
  • Hi. I know there was a big hoo-haa a few years back when Spotify desktop lost the option to organise search results by clicking on the column headers. Well, in one of the recent updates that same fu...
  • analoguerob
  • Casual Listener
  • 4 replies
  • 1 likes
  • Mac
  • 4 replies
  • 1 likes

Spotify slow to start up? Solved! (Windows 7)

Like many of you I've noticed Spotify can take a very long time to start up as of late. On a hunch I took a look at where it was trying to pull local sources from. Sure enough my downloads folder was one of the options. Here's the thing. Windows 7 ha...

• Casual Listener
  • Like many of you I've noticed Spotify can take a very long time to start up as of late.  On a hunch I took a look at where it was trying to pull local sources from.  Sure enough my download...
  • brkewa19
  • Casual Listener
  • 12 replies
  • 38 likes
  • Mac
  • 12 replies
  • 38 likes

Superuser Contribution Playlists currently not showing up on profile when you follow them. [BUG]

Currently when you follow a playlist on spotify it will still show up in your playlist folder but will not show up on your profile. I have tested this with many people following my playlist and it wont show up for them or me. Not a big issue but stil...

• Currently when you follow a playlist on spotify it will still show up in your playlist folder but will not show up on your profile. I have tested this with many people following my playlist and it wo...
  • user-removed
  • Not applicable
  • 3 replies
  • 1 likes
  • Mac
    Windows
  • 3 replies
  • 1 likes

Crashing, and it's the GAP ad with the video causing it

I'm new to Spotify (a whole 4 hours now!) and I'm already having constant crashes. I've seen other users with complaints that the discover page makes the app crash. Mine does too, and it's reproducible. There's a GAP ad banner at the top with a video...

• Casual Listener
  • I'm new to Spotify (a whole 4 hours now!) and I'm already having constant crashes.   I've seen other users with complaints that the discover page makes the app crash. Mine does too, and it's...
  • dimitri44
  • Casual Listener
  • 12 replies
  • 1 likes
  • Mac
  • 12 replies
  • 1 likes

Active song not marked as playing after playing on mobile device

When continuing a playback session from mobile on the Desktop-App the currently playing song is no longer marked as playing in the playlist overview. Spotify Version: 1.0.44.100.ga60c0ce1OS X: 10.12.4 (16E195)

• When continuing a playback session from mobile on the Desktop-App the currently playing song is no longer marked as playing in the playlist overview.   Spotify Version: 1.0.44.100.ga...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Mac
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Playback/streaming slow/flat

I am on a Mac. Recently updated from OS10.8.2 to OS10.8.3, don't know if that is the problem: Songs play about two semitones flat and correspondingly slower. Anyone with the same problem. Or even better: a solution?

• Casual Listener
  • I am on a Mac. Recently updated from OS10.8.2 to OS10.8.3, don't know if that is the problem: Songs play about two semitones flat and correspondingly slower. Anyone with the same problem. Or even bet...
  • Elli0788
  • 10 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Mac
  • 10 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! How do I unlink Spotify and Twitter?

How do I unlink my Twitter account from the Spotify desktop? I have a couple of Twitter accounts and I want to tweet my Spotify activity from a different account. Ruth

• Regular
  • How do I unlink my Twitter account from the Spotify desktop?   I have a couple of Twitter accounts and I want to tweet my Spotify activity from a different account. Ruth
  • yeyeoye
  • 9 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Mac
  • 9 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify unable to QUIT.

I'm on a Mac. I try to quit the application, it restarts. I FORCE QUIT it, it restarts. I go into Preferences, change the 'Open Spotify automatically after you log into the computer' option to NO then Quit it, it restarts. I check the 'Open Spotify a...

• Music Fan
  • I'm on a Mac. I try to quit the application, it restarts. I FORCE QUIT it, it restarts.   I go into Preferences, change the 'Open Spotify automatically after you log into the compute...
  • sujuan888
  • 13 replies
  • 4 likes
  • Mac
  • 13 replies
  • 4 likes

Won't play, goes to first song

Hey. Currently my Spotify won't play anything and I've had this issue for about a week now. I've uninstalled and re-downloaded numerous times. What happens is that while its playing, i'll stop it and then start again. Then Spotify goes to the first s...

• Casual Listener
  • Hey. Currently my Spotify won't play anything and I've had this issue for about a week now. I've uninstalled and re-downloaded numerous times.  What happens is that while its playing, i'll stop ...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Mac
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Playlist radio -- change playlist, does the station change?

Hi all. I was wondering, if I start radio from a playlist, and I change the playlist, does the station change? Or does it read the playlist once when the station is created, and then remain static? Thanks in advance.

• Music Fan
  • Hi all.   I was wondering, if I start radio from a playlist, and I change the playlist, does the station change?  Or does it read the playlist once when the station is created, and then...
  • Pythagoras
  • Music Fan
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Mac
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Playlist from Itunen to Spotify?

Hello,how could I put Playlists from Itunes to Spotify? https://support.spotify.com/de/using_spotify/playlists/import-playlists-from-itunes/This here don´t works.

• Hello, how could I put Playlists from Itunes to Spotify?   https://support.spotify.com/de/using_spotify/playlists/import-playlists-from-itunes/ This here don´t works.
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Can't install Spotify on MacBook Pro

Hi, I've just switched laptops to a MacBook Pro and can't download spotify. I've tried to download the mac version and it downloads as 'unconfirmed862551 crdownload. I've then tried the one for windows - this downloads as spotify.installer exe withou...

• Hi,    I've just switched laptops to a MacBook Pro and can't download spotify. I've tried to download the mac version and it downloads as 'unconfirmed862551 crdownload. I've then tried ...
  • pdoherty02-us
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes

Solved!! Devices missing on Mac laptop?

Normally when I open spotify on my laptop, it syncs with my phone. The devices icon shows up and I can sync songs to my ipod so I dont need wifi to listen to them. Recently the devices icon disappeared on my laptop. I cant find it anywhere. Is this a...

• Casual Listener
  • Normally when I open spotify on my laptop, it syncs with my phone. The devices icon shows up and I can sync songs to my ipod so I dont need wifi to listen to them. Recently the devices icon disappear...
  • ttromp-us
  • Casual Listener
  • 5 replies
  • 1 likes
  • Mac
  • 5 replies
  • 1 likes

Charts Not Working

When I go to the Charts section within Browse none of them are available. It says on the screen "There was a problem displaying this view! This view either does not exist or an error occurred". I just reinstalled spotify and there is no difference. I...

• When I go to the Charts section within Browse none of them are available. It says on the screen "There was a problem displaying this view! This view either does not exist or an error occurred". I jus...
  • shinyshinyshiny
  • 6 replies
  • 5 likes
  • 6 replies
  • 5 likes