Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Desktop (Mac)

Discuss Spotify for Mac

Start a topic

Forum Posts

Jam now available on Desktop

Spotify is bringing Jam to the desktop app! 拾 ️ Now you can start or join a listening party with your friends, family, colleagues, and classmates, with the Spotify desktop app in addition to the mobile app. Although you can listen on your own, Jam in...

Start Jam Menu - Desktop App.png Queue Right Sidebar.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

New "Now Playing View" sidebar

Spotify is introducing a new "Now Playing View" sidebar in the desktop app and Web Player to go along with the recently released "Your Library" sidebar. The Now Playing View in the right sidebar shows the album art and info of the current song or pod...

• Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

New Your Library sidebar

Spotify is introducing a new Your Library sidebar in the desktop app and Web Player. The new Your Library sidebar is rolling out to all desktop users now, so you will be seeing it soon if you haven't already. The new Your Library sidebar improves nav...

Sidebar Tips.png Desktop Sidebar Compact View.png Compact Layout.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 3 likes

Solved!! Spotify free: Music stops on MAC

Edited: Thank you very much everyone for helping! Finally I managed to correct the error and the steps are those that DerpyNerd offered and highlighted as a solution. Hi! I have a MacBook Pro, and for a week now I have a problem with the desktop app....

• Casual Listener
  • bfteach
  • Regular
  • 19 replies
  • 1 likes
  • music stops
  • 19 replies
  • 1 likes

[Mac] Troubleshooting Spotify

Having trouble with Spotify on your Desktop app? Here’s what to try first. Search the Community Someone might have asked your question on the Community before. So type your issue into the search box and have a look. Tip: Don't forget to check our Spo...

• Spotify Legend
  • 0 replies
  • 34 likes
  • Mac
  • 0 replies
  • 34 likes

Discovery Tab just loads overview content

As of today the Discovery tab seems to be broken. It doesn't display any personal recommendations, it just displays the same content as the Overview tab. Have tried to restart the desktop client.

• As of today the Discovery tab seems to be broken. It doesn't display any personal recommendations, it just displays the same content as the Overview tab. Have tried to restart the desktop client.
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Mac
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

I can't skip to the middle of a track

I can no longer drag the little bar at the bottom of the screen (time bar?) to partway through the song, I can either listen to the song from start to finish or skip it, but I can't skip ahead in the song. also, the play/pause button on the screen no...

• I can no longer drag the little bar at the bottom of the screen (time bar?) to partway through the song, I can either listen to the song from start to finish or skip it, but I can't skip ahead in the...
  • 0 replies
  • 6 likes
  • Mac
  • 0 replies
  • 6 likes

Solved!! saved songs do not appear in "your music" - "songs" but do appear in "your music" - "albums"

I'm trying to accept that I can't star things anymore, so instead I've tried to use the "+" button to save all my starred tracks. That worked at first. I "+"-ed all my starred tracks and they now appear in "songs" under "your music". Then I "+"-ed a ...

• Casual Listener
  • I'm trying to accept that I can't star things anymore, so instead I've tried to use the "+" button to save all my starred tracks.  That worked at first.  I "+"-ed all my starred tracks and ...
  • athenalemonfish
  • 16 replies
  • 13 likes
  • Mac
  • 16 replies
  • 13 likes

[OS X El Capitan] Spotify choosing to repeatedly crash and re-open every minute or so

I'm on El Capitan. I recently noticed a new Spotify look that appeared sometime between last night and this morning. I was anaware of any updates. (In case you're wondering Command+Q is my friend, so it was technically fully restarted). Anyways, afte...

• Casual Listener
  • I'm on El Capitan. I recently noticed a new Spotify look that appeared sometime between last night and this morning. I was anaware of any updates. (In case you're wondering Command+Q is my friend, so...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Mac
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify Web Browser Not Working (Mac)

Hello everyone,I got a Premium Spotify Account its not working on my Macbook (Safari) as it's always worked fine. I see similar thread for this problem but nothing solved on Mac.Please help me out guys

• Hello everyone, I got a Premium Spotify Account its not working on my Macbook (Safari) as it's always worked fine.  I see similar thread for this problem but nothing solved on Mac. Please help...
  • Sebasty
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Mac
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

No "settings" in desktop app

Hi, I cannot find Settings in desktop app. How can I find it?

• Visitor
  •  Hi, I cannot find Settings in desktop app. How can I find it?
  • KatesHere
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 5 likes
  • Mac
  • 1 replies
  • 5 likes

When using the desktop app music will randomly starts playing on my phone

I use spotify to listen to music at my office, using the desktop app on OSX. However, over the last two weeks I've gotten a really critical bug: music that should be playing through my computer will randomly start playing through my android phone. Th...

• I use spotify to listen to music at my office, using the desktop app on OSX. However, over the last two weeks I've gotten a really critical bug: music that should be playing through my computer will ...
  • hansp21
  • Music Fan
  • 3 replies
  • 1 likes
  • Mac
  • 3 replies
  • 1 likes

Unexpected shuffle behavior when playing first song

On Mac, Spotify version 1.0.53.758.gde3fc4b2 Toggling shuffle on and playing the first song in an album instead plays a random song from the album, as if the "Play" button beneath the album title was clicked.

• On Mac, Spotify version 1.0.53.758.gde3fc4b2   Toggling shuffle on and playing the first song in an album instead plays a random song from the album, as if the "Play" button beneath the a...
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Mac
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Connected devices always shuffle play

When I'm connected to another device (VSX-S510) shuffle is always actived and re-activated after each track despite having turned it off.

• When I'm connected to another device (VSX-S510) shuffle is always actived and re-activated after each track despite having turned it off. 
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Mac
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Reminder: keyboard Shortcut to add a song to queue? When?

Hey! I'd like to know when Spotify will create such a shortcut. In know there are tons of similar thread and in most threads, people are getting told to vote for it in another thread. That thread is from 2012. I'm sure that this shortcut is not a pri...

• Regular
  • Hey!   I'd like to know when Spotify will create such a shortcut. In know there are tons of similar thread and in most threads, people are getting told to vote for it in another thread. &nbsp...
  • sabrichu
  • 1 replies
  • 12 likes
  • Mac
    Windows
  • 1 replies
  • 12 likes

WTH is "show sponsored songs"

It's in the settings/display options in the latest version.

• Regular
  • It's in the settings/display options in the latest version.
  • keanedawg
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes
  • Mac
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes

Spotify Graphic Glitches

Hello!After the last update the Spotify Mac Desktop App started showing a bunch of graphical glitches!Can someone help me?

• Hello! After the last update the Spotify Mac Desktop App started showing a bunch of graphical glitches! Can someone help me?
  • deesaf1
  • Casual Listener
  • 3 replies
  • 2 likes
  • Mac
  • 3 replies
  • 2 likes

Song not working

Hey guys, Basically what is going on is that there is a song that i can't play on my phone but it does work on pc's. I tried to with friend's phone and it did the same thing. The problem started this morning. Does someone know why? Song: Gucci Mane –...

• Hey guys,   Basically what is going on is that there is a  song that i can't play on my phone but it does work on pc's. I tried to with friend's phone and it did the same thing. The probl...
  • Sebasty
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Mac
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! HELP! Spotify keeps crashing on my MAC OS X 10.6.8

Hi, I have OS X 10.6.8. and I can't open my Spotify anymore. Everytime I open it it would start to load but then it disappears! I tried to turn off the wifi - which it did pull up Spotify without crashing. However, when I turned wifi back on, it woul...

• Casual Listener
  • Hi,    I have OS X 10.6.8. and I can't open my Spotify anymore. Everytime I open it it would start to load but then it disappears! I tried to turn off the wifi - which it did pull up Sp...
  • MsNFormd
  • 22 replies
  • 1 likes
  • Mac
  • 22 replies
  • 1 likes

Cache handling on MAC OS X

Description Some songs won't play until i delete the cache and restart the app. A more detailed description, using numbered steps After trying to play some songs and getting an error message i had to: Close the app. Go to the cache folder. Delete the...

• Casual Listener
  • Description Some songs won't play until i delete the cache and restart the app.   A more detailed description, using numbered steps After trying to play some songs and getting an error m...
  • demon_ar
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Mac
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

NO THUMBS UP/DOWN????

Hello, Firs I'm surprise there is no SUPPORT for premium subscribers in Spotify. You should tell this BEFORE one subscribes (It will have been a determining factor in selecting the provider in my case). Nothing wrong with the community but support fo...

• Hello,   Firs I'm surprise there is no SUPPORT for premium subscribers in Spotify. You should tell this BEFORE one subscribes (It will have been a determining factor in selecting the provider ...
  • neujohn
  • 9 replies
  • 18 likes
  • Mac
  • 9 replies
  • 18 likes

How can I disable the loading of album art to save data?

I'd like to stop album art from loading at all in order to save my monthly data usage. How might I go about this?

• Regular
  • I'd like to stop album art from loading at all in order to save my monthly data usage. How might I go about this?
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Mac
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Desktop App Closes When Mobile App in Use?

I've noticed since the last software update for the desktop app that any time I use the mobile app for an extended period of time, the desktop app will close out completely on its own. It doesn't seem to be crashing and everything works just fine on ...

• I've noticed since the last software update for the desktop app that any time I use the mobile app for an extended period of time, the desktop app will close out completely on its own. It doesn't see...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Mac
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!!Superuser Contribution Spotify Web Player not connecting

Every time I try to go on the Web Player, it doesn't let me as it says it's not connecting and theres a box with it trying to connect. Help.

• Casual Listener
  • Every time I try to go on the Web Player, it doesn't let me as it says it's not connecting and theres a box with it trying to connect. Help.
  • Cloudynick
  • Roadie
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Mac
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes