Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Desktop (Mac)

Discuss Spotify for Mac

Start a topic

Forum Posts

Jam now available on Desktop

Spotify is bringing Jam to the desktop app! 拾 ️ Now you can start or join a listening party with your friends, family, colleagues, and classmates, with the Spotify desktop app in addition to the mobile app. Although you can listen on your own, Jam in...

Start Jam Menu - Desktop App.png Queue Right Sidebar.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

New "Now Playing View" sidebar

Spotify is introducing a new "Now Playing View" sidebar in the desktop app and Web Player to go along with the recently released "Your Library" sidebar. The Now Playing View in the right sidebar shows the album art and info of the current song or pod...

• Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

New Your Library sidebar

Spotify is introducing a new Your Library sidebar in the desktop app and Web Player. The new Your Library sidebar is rolling out to all desktop users now, so you will be seeing it soon if you haven't already. The new Your Library sidebar improves nav...

Sidebar Tips.png Desktop Sidebar Compact View.png Compact Layout.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 3 likes

Solved!! Spotify free: Music stops on MAC

Edited: Thank you very much everyone for helping! Finally I managed to correct the error and the steps are those that DerpyNerd offered and highlighted as a solution. Hi! I have a MacBook Pro, and for a week now I have a problem with the desktop app....

• Casual Listener
  • bfteach
  • Regular
  • 19 replies
  • 1 likes
  • music stops
  • 19 replies
  • 1 likes

[Mac] Troubleshooting Spotify

Having trouble with Spotify on your Desktop app? Here’s what to try first. Search the Community Someone might have asked your question on the Community before. So type your issue into the search box and have a look. Tip: Don't forget to check our Spo...

• Spotify Legend
  • 0 replies
  • 35 likes
  • Mac
  • 0 replies
  • 35 likes

Pop-up window for Mac?

I'm wondering if there's a pop-up window that displays the song and artist and maybe a pause/start button and skip controls that I can have anywhere I want on my screen so I can multi-task. Please help! You must have this available!

• I'm wondering if there's a pop-up window that displays the song and artist and maybe a pause/start button and skip controls that I can have anywhere I want on my screen so I can multi-task. Please he...
  • CurlyHairedJew
  • 2 replies
  • 2 likes
  • Mac
  • 2 replies
  • 2 likes

Superuser Contribution No Notifications

Hello guys,I use Spotify (1.0.51.693.g6ea1e7f6) on Mac (macOS Sierra Version 10.12.3) and I use Spotify (8.10.623) on my iPhone (iOS 10.2.1) and I don't receive any notifications. I Look at my settings: [1] my settings online[2]-[4] my settings in th...

• Regular
  • Hello guys, I use Spotify (1.0.51.693.g6ea1e7f6) on Mac (macOS Sierra Version 10.12.3) and I use Spotify (8.10.623) on my iPhone (iOS 10.2.1) and I don't receive any notifications. I Look at my sett...
  • Leonardo
  • Roadie
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Mac
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify Artwork

Hi guys,I am considering switching over to Spotify, but I had one question: Is there a way to view multiple album artworks at a time in Spotfify? I LOVE the look in iTunes and haven't found a way to replicate the aesthetics in Spotify. (pictured belo...

• Casual Listener
  • Hi guys, I am considering switching over to Spotify, but I had one question:   Is there a way to view multiple album artworks at a time in Spotfify? I LOVE the look in iTunes and haven't foun...
  • MartinStoichkov
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Mac
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Artist, album and friends' pages are stuck on the loading screen

Hi, whenever I open spotify on my Mac, it will work very smoothly and I will encounter no problems. However, this period is only momentary and next thing I know, whenever I try and open an album, artist or friend's spotify page I will be stuck with a...

• Visitor
  • Hi, whenever I open spotify on my Mac, it will work very smoothly and I will encounter no problems. However, this period is only momentary and next thing I know, whenever I try and open an album, art...
  • Nico
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Mac
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Recently Played Artists

I'm not understanding what "Recently Played Artists" does. Originally it had three bands in the list - one of them a band I actually do listen to frequently - so I follow them and they disappear from this list. The other two bands - not so much - so ...

• Casual Listener
  • I'm not understanding what "Recently Played Artists" does. Originally it had three bands in the list - one of them a band I actually do listen to frequently - so I follow them and they disappear from...
  • user-removed
  • Not applicable
  • 16 replies
  • 2 likes
  • Mac
  • 16 replies
  • 2 likes

Spotify stuck at the loading screen

Hello all. Adam Here repoting an issue I have been trying to fix for about 5 months now and never though of posting here on the Spotify help page. I'm currently using Spotify on my mac (was using) untill one day I loaded it up and just all of a sudde...

Screen Shot 2015-02-11 at 9.07.13 AM.png
  • Casual Listener
  • Hello all. Adam Here repoting an issue I have been trying to fix for about 5 months now and never though of posting here on the Spotify help page. I'm currently using Spotify on my mac (was using) un...
  • Casual Listener
  • 6 replies
  • 2 likes
  • Mac
  • 6 replies
  • 2 likes

Solved!! I cannot start an album in a son other than the first song

Hi there Ever since I upgraded to 1.0.51.693.g6ea1e7f6 on my Mac (Mac OS Sierra 10.12.3) I cannot start a song from a saved album other than the first song in the album, I believe this is a bug. See screen recording in attached ZIP file Post edit: I ...

• Hi there   Ever since I upgraded to 1.0.51.693.g6ea1e7f6 on my Mac (Mac OS Sierra 10.12.3) I cannot start a song from a saved album other than the first song in the album, I believe this ...
  • Jacob
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Mac
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify stops when error bell sounds (Mac)

I work with spotify playing in the background. I work using the built in terminal on Mac OSX. Whilst working occasionally the error bell from the console will sound and this regularly stops Spotify from playing by pausing the song. I wouldn't mind if...

• I work with spotify playing in the background.  I work using the built in terminal on Mac OSX.  Whilst working occasionally the error bell from the console will sound and this regularly sto...
  • 0 replies
  • 2 likes
  • Mac
  • 0 replies
  • 2 likes

Double click to play a song plays first song in the list, or a random song if 'shuffle' is on.

I'm on this version of spotify on my Mac 1.0.51.693.g6ea1e7f6 When I open up a playlist, double click a song, it will play the first song in the playlist. If shuffle is selected, it will play a random song in the list. I would expect the song I doubl...

• Casual Listener
  • I'm on this version of spotify on my Mac 1.0.51.693.g6ea1e7f6   When I open up a playlist, double click a song, it will play the first song in the playlist.  If shuffle is selected, ...
  • rmmoul
  • Music Fan
  • 6 replies
  • 2 likes
  • Mac
  • 6 replies
  • 2 likes

Discover Page no longer showing personalized content

Last week or the week before I noticed the Discover Page was missing the "New releases you might like" feature, and now today it's not showing any personalized content. It's not showing suggestions for new music, suggested artists, or suggested artis...

• Last week or the week before I noticed the Discover Page was missing the "New releases you might like" feature, and now today it's not showing any personalized content. It's not showing suggesti...
  • theokester
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Mac
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Unable To Open Spotify On Mac In Lab Environment

EDIT: I did not realize that I was posting in the non-Mac Desktop section. Feel free to remove this post if needed. I have already posted the same issue in the Desktop (Mac) section I work with my school's IT group and with the newest update users we...

• Casual Listener
  • EDIT: I did not realize that I was posting in the non-Mac Desktop section. Feel free to remove this post if needed. I have already posted the same issue in the Desktop (Mac) section   I work w...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Mac
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Can't access Spotify Website at all on my computer

Hey guys, I suscribed to Spotify premium and all, and I can't go to spotify.com at all my on my browsers. It just says 'webpage unavailable'. Please help

• Casual Listener
  • Hey guys,   I suscribed to Spotify premium and all, and I can't go to spotify.com at all my on my browsers. It just says 'webpage unavailable'.   Please help 😞
  • nbenn
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Mac
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Only software that gets worse for each version released

HOW THE **bleep** can you fail so god darn much... I'm trying to sync my local files to my mobile unit, and being on the same wifi does not help at all - it just says "waiting to download"... And that's on the few songs you haven't replaced behind my...

• Regular
  • HOW THE **bleep** can you fail so god darn much... I'm trying to sync my local files to my mobile unit, and being on the same wifi does not help at all - it just says "waiting to download"...  ...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Mac
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify jumps back a few songs while playing album

The issue I'm having is that when I'm playing a whole album (by clicking the big green PLAY button, with shuffle turned off) Spotify will play a few songs in order, say song 1 to song 7, and then jump back to song 3 (for example) and then play in ord...

• Regular
  • The issue I'm having is that when I'm playing a whole album (by clicking the big green PLAY button, with shuffle turned off) Spotify will play a few songs in order, say song 1 to song 7, and then jum...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Mac
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Download for Mac

alright Spotify, for mac people please release the DMG file for install instead of a ZIP file, no one wants to pay $29 to buy a copy of Winzip.

• Casual Listener
  • alright Spotify, for mac people please release the DMG file for install instead of a ZIP file, no one wants to pay $29 to buy a copy of Winzip.
  • dwolfe
  • 6 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 6 replies
  • 1 likes

Spotify randomly closing after song finishes? (Mac)

So recently (after the recent update I think) I've noticed spotify will randomly close after a song finishes. Its not always the same song, or the same number of songs played before it goes but its never more than 5 or 6 before its gone. I don't reci...

• So recently (after the recent update I think) I've noticed spotify will randomly close after a song finishes. Its not always the same song, or the same number of songs played before it goes but its n...
  • slikvic2002
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Mac
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Tech issue - two user accounts on one mac

Hi there! Recently, I've been experiencing an issue with spotify desktop on my Macbook Pro, running Sierra 10.12.3. I have two user accounts, one for work and one for personal stuff - both of which use spotify. For some reason, whenever I access spot...

• Visitor
  • Hi there!    Recently, I've been experiencing an issue with spotify desktop on my Macbook Pro, running Sierra 10.12.3. I have two user accounts, one for work and one for personal stuff - ...
  • ElliottJames
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • Mac
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

Multiple artists by same name on one page

This page contains multiple artists. The Tallahassee band described, and several international artists that perform under the same name. https://open.spotify.com/artist/0EdQcbE4FcIvyq4MdCdEyn

• This page contains multiple artists. The Tallahassee band described, and several international artists that perform under the same name.   https://open.spotify.com/artist/0EdQcbE4FcIvyq4MdCdEyn
  • 0 replies
  • 2 likes
  • Mac
  • 0 replies
  • 2 likes

Can I create an artist page & upload audio transfers if their music is out of copyright?

I collect 78rpm records, and I noticed that quite a bit of my favorite artists were not on Spotify. About 90% of the music in my 78 collection is out of copyright, but I'm not sure if they're in the public domain yet or not, as some are post-1922. If...

• ...n the public domain yet or not, as some are post-1922.   If it's possible, how do I go about uploading my transfers? 
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Mac
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Touch Bar Issues

When using Spotify on my MacBook Pro with Touch Bar, the scrubbing control under the media controls section on the Touch Bar doesn't always follow along correctly. Sometimes it jumps back to the beginning and stays there part way through a song and o...

• Casual Listener
  • When using Spotify on my MacBook Pro with Touch Bar, the scrubbing control under the media controls section on the Touch Bar doesn't always follow along correctly. Sometimes it jumps back to the begi...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Mac
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes