Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Desktop (Mac)

Discuss Spotify for Mac

Start a topic

Forum Posts

Jam now available on Desktop

Spotify is bringing Jam to the desktop app! 拾 ️ Now you can start or join a listening party with your friends, family, colleagues, and classmates, with the Spotify desktop app in addition to the mobile app. Although you can listen on your own, Jam in...

Start Jam Menu - Desktop App.png Queue Right Sidebar.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

New "Now Playing View" sidebar

Spotify is introducing a new "Now Playing View" sidebar in the desktop app and Web Player to go along with the recently released "Your Library" sidebar. The Now Playing View in the right sidebar shows the album art and info of the current song or pod...

• Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

New Your Library sidebar

Spotify is introducing a new Your Library sidebar in the desktop app and Web Player. The new Your Library sidebar is rolling out to all desktop users now, so you will be seeing it soon if you haven't already. The new Your Library sidebar improves nav...

Sidebar Tips.png Desktop Sidebar Compact View.png Compact Layout.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 3 likes

Solved!! Spotify free: Music stops on MAC

Edited: Thank you very much everyone for helping! Finally I managed to correct the error and the steps are those that DerpyNerd offered and highlighted as a solution. Hi! I have a MacBook Pro, and for a week now I have a problem with the desktop app....

• Casual Listener
  • bfteach
  • Regular
  • 19 replies
  • 1 likes
  • music stops
  • 19 replies
  • 1 likes

[Mac] Troubleshooting Spotify

Having trouble with Spotify on your Desktop app? Here’s what to try first. Search the Community Someone might have asked your question on the Community before. So type your issue into the search box and have a look. Tip: Don't forget to check our Spo...

• Spotify Legend
  • 0 replies
  • 35 likes
  • Mac
  • 0 replies
  • 35 likes

Can't access Spotify Website at all on my computer

Hey guys, I suscribed to Spotify premium and all, and I can't go to spotify.com at all my on my browsers. It just says 'webpage unavailable'. Please help

• Casual Listener
  • Hey guys,   I suscribed to Spotify premium and all, and I can't go to spotify.com at all my on my browsers. It just says 'webpage unavailable'.   Please help 😞
  • nbenn
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Mac
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Only software that gets worse for each version released

HOW THE **bleep** can you fail so god darn much... I'm trying to sync my local files to my mobile unit, and being on the same wifi does not help at all - it just says "waiting to download"... And that's on the few songs you haven't replaced behind my...

• Regular
  • HOW THE **bleep** can you fail so god darn much... I'm trying to sync my local files to my mobile unit, and being on the same wifi does not help at all - it just says "waiting to download"...  ...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Mac
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify jumps back a few songs while playing album

The issue I'm having is that when I'm playing a whole album (by clicking the big green PLAY button, with shuffle turned off) Spotify will play a few songs in order, say song 1 to song 7, and then jump back to song 3 (for example) and then play in ord...

• Regular
  • The issue I'm having is that when I'm playing a whole album (by clicking the big green PLAY button, with shuffle turned off) Spotify will play a few songs in order, say song 1 to song 7, and then jum...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Mac
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Download for Mac

alright Spotify, for mac people please release the DMG file for install instead of a ZIP file, no one wants to pay $29 to buy a copy of Winzip.

• Casual Listener
  • alright Spotify, for mac people please release the DMG file for install instead of a ZIP file, no one wants to pay $29 to buy a copy of Winzip.
  • dwolfe
  • 6 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 6 replies
  • 1 likes

Spotify randomly closing after song finishes? (Mac)

So recently (after the recent update I think) I've noticed spotify will randomly close after a song finishes. Its not always the same song, or the same number of songs played before it goes but its never more than 5 or 6 before its gone. I don't reci...

• So recently (after the recent update I think) I've noticed spotify will randomly close after a song finishes. Its not always the same song, or the same number of songs played before it goes but its n...
  • slikvic2002
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Mac
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Tech issue - two user accounts on one mac

Hi there! Recently, I've been experiencing an issue with spotify desktop on my Macbook Pro, running Sierra 10.12.3. I have two user accounts, one for work and one for personal stuff - both of which use spotify. For some reason, whenever I access spot...

• Visitor
  • Hi there!    Recently, I've been experiencing an issue with spotify desktop on my Macbook Pro, running Sierra 10.12.3. I have two user accounts, one for work and one for personal stuff - ...
  • ElliottJames
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • Mac
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

Multiple artists by same name on one page

This page contains multiple artists. The Tallahassee band described, and several international artists that perform under the same name. https://open.spotify.com/artist/0EdQcbE4FcIvyq4MdCdEyn

• This page contains multiple artists. The Tallahassee band described, and several international artists that perform under the same name.   https://open.spotify.com/artist/0EdQcbE4FcIvyq4MdCdEyn
  • 0 replies
  • 2 likes
  • Mac
  • 0 replies
  • 2 likes

Can I create an artist page & upload audio transfers if their music is out of copyright?

I collect 78rpm records, and I noticed that quite a bit of my favorite artists were not on Spotify. About 90% of the music in my 78 collection is out of copyright, but I'm not sure if they're in the public domain yet or not, as some are post-1922. If...

• ...n the public domain yet or not, as some are post-1922.   If it's possible, how do I go about uploading my transfers? 
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Mac
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Touch Bar Issues

When using Spotify on my MacBook Pro with Touch Bar, the scrubbing control under the media controls section on the Touch Bar doesn't always follow along correctly. Sometimes it jumps back to the beginning and stays there part way through a song and o...

• Casual Listener
  • When using Spotify on my MacBook Pro with Touch Bar, the scrubbing control under the media controls section on the Touch Bar doesn't always follow along correctly. Sometimes it jumps back to the begi...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Mac
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!!Superuser Contribution Radio repeating songs way too often

I've seen many similar posts on here about related issues but I still feel compelled to throw this out there. I love Spotify and use the Radio feature all the time, but it's incredibly frustrating that my custom stations play the same songs over and ...

• I've seen many similar posts on here about related issues but I still feel compelled to throw this out there.   I love Spotify and use the Radio feature all the time, but it's incredibly fru...
  • carloscastenada
  • 11 replies
  • 38 likes
  • Mac
  • 11 replies
  • 38 likes

Mac Media Keys Not Working

A month ago all of the media keys on my logitech wireless keyboard were working with spotify. Took a month off...now only the pause/play key works. All of the keys work in other media application, so it isn't the keyboard or the Mac. What gives? This...

• A month ago all of the media keys on my logitech wireless keyboard were working with spotify. Took a month off...now only the pause/play key works. All of the keys work in other media application, so...
  • Dzy
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes
  • Mac
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes

Solved!! Discover weekly not updating

Hi, My discover weekly playlist has not updated since 7th March. As a premium subscriber I use this playlist the most and would like to get this issues resolved. Any help fixing this issue would be appreciated. Thanks.

• Casual Listener
  • Hi,   My discover weekly playlist has not updated since 7th March. As a premium subscriber I use this playlist the most and would like to get this issues resolved.   Any help fixing thi...
  • robdebob
  • Casual Listener
  • 16 replies
  • 1 likes
  • Mac
  • 16 replies
  • 1 likes

Solved!! [Desktop] Daily Mixes no longer available on desktop player

I went to listen to my daily mixes today and I can't find them on my desktop player. Is there a way for me to reach them, or id this feature no longer available?

• Regular
  • I went to listen to my daily mixes today and I can't find them on my desktop player. Is there a way for me to reach them, or id this feature no longer available?
  • KatesHere
  • Community Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Mac
    Windows
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Can't share music with a follower

Up until last week, I have been able to share songs with my followers. Now, when I search a specific follower in the "Send To..." function of share, they don't show up. We are both running the most recent version of Spotify. How do I fix this?

• Casual Listener
  • Up until last week, I have been able to share songs with my followers. Now, when I search a specific follower in the "Send To..." function of share, they don't show up. We are both running the most r...
  • Shannahan
  • Music Fan
  • 16 replies
  • 5 likes
  • Mac
  • 16 replies
  • 5 likes

Spotify continually causing mac to crash

When playing music through spotify - it consistently causes my mac (running OS X Lion 10.7.4) to crash - a message comes up saying I have to restart my computer. This initially started happening when I was running spotify in the background and doing ...

• When playing music through spotify - it consistently causes my mac (running OS X Lion 10.7.4) to crash - a message comes up saying I have to restart my computer. This initially started happening wh...
  • CrownECakes
  • Casual Listener
  • 3 replies
  • 4 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 4 likes

Song Restarting Repeatedly

I have a Dell Latitute E7450, a MacBook Pro, and a Samsung-SM-G930V. The issue I am about to describe has affected all 3 devices. I will be listening to a song, and it will continually revert to the beginning of the song, and usually the beginning of...

• I have a Dell Latitute E7450, a MacBook Pro, and a Samsung-SM-G930V. The issue I am about to describe has affected all 3 devices.    I will be listening to a song, and it will continually...
  • ErikG
  • Roadie
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Mac
    Windows
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Preview window stuck on commercial+playing song and commercial at the same time

I have a problem where after an ad the preview window remains showing the ad, and pauses the music. If I the press the play button inside spotify the commercial starts playing again.If I then press the "play" button on my keyboard the next song goes ...

• Casual Listener
  • I have a problem where after an ad the preview window remains showing the ad, and pauses the music. If I the press the play button inside spotify the commercial starts playing again. If I then press...
  • stenbocken
  • Casual Listener
  • 3 replies
  • 1 likes
  • Mac
    Windows
  • 3 replies
  • 1 likes

Spotify won't open, MAC

I can't open spotify, everytime I try to open it, it just shuts down. I have tried to reinstall it, and tried to remove the caches, but I can't get it to work!! Do any of you know what i can do???

• Casual Listener
  • I can't open spotify, everytime I try to open it, it just shuts down. I have tried to reinstall it, and tried to remove the caches, but I can't get it to work!! Do any of you know what i can do???&nb...
  • Simsom
  • 8 replies
  • 6 likes
  • Mac
  • 8 replies
  • 6 likes

Music played on different devices dont play the same. ie the song aint the same

Playing the song "U with me" by Drake plays differently between all my devices. My PS4 plays the correct version of the song, but my iphone, macbook pro and ipad all play a completely different song altogether which is just ridiculous.

• Playing the song "U with me" by Drake plays differently between all my devices. My PS4 plays the correct version of the song, but my iphone, macbook pro and ipad all play a completely different song ...
  • sumugzz
  • Music Fan
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Mac
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Readding a single song from a previously unsaved album makes the album saved again

Hi everyone Suppose I save a whole album. All of its songs are given a checkmark, and it appears under "Albums > Filter: Saved Albums Only". Then, I want to unsave it (either I saved it by mistake, or got tired of its songs). All its songs are un-che...

• Casual Listener
  • Hi everyone 🙂   Suppose I save a whole album. All of its songs are given a checkmark, and it appears under "Albums > Filter: Saved Albums Only".  Then, I want to unsave it (eith...
  • alessandrocalo
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Mac
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes