Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Desktop (Mac)

Discuss Spotify for Mac

Start a topic

Forum Posts

Jam now available on Desktop

Spotify is bringing Jam to the desktop app! 拾 ️ Now you can start or join a listening party with your friends, family, colleagues, and classmates, with the Spotify desktop app in addition to the mobile app. Although you can listen on your own, Jam in...

Start Jam Menu - Desktop App.png Queue Right Sidebar.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

New "Now Playing View" sidebar

Spotify is introducing a new "Now Playing View" sidebar in the desktop app and Web Player to go along with the recently released "Your Library" sidebar. The Now Playing View in the right sidebar shows the album art and info of the current song or pod...

• Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

New Your Library sidebar

Spotify is introducing a new Your Library sidebar in the desktop app and Web Player. The new Your Library sidebar is rolling out to all desktop users now, so you will be seeing it soon if you haven't already. The new Your Library sidebar improves nav...

Sidebar Tips.png Desktop Sidebar Compact View.png Compact Layout.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 3 likes

Solved!! Spotify free: Music stops on MAC

Edited: Thank you very much everyone for helping! Finally I managed to correct the error and the steps are those that DerpyNerd offered and highlighted as a solution. Hi! I have a MacBook Pro, and for a week now I have a problem with the desktop app....

• Casual Listener
  • bfteach
  • Regular
  • 19 replies
  • 1 likes
  • music stops
  • 19 replies
  • 1 likes

[Mac] Troubleshooting Spotify

Having trouble with Spotify on your Desktop app? Here’s what to try first. Search the Community Someone might have asked your question on the Community before. So type your issue into the search box and have a look. Tip: Don't forget to check our Spo...

• Spotify Legend
  • 0 replies
  • 34 likes
  • Mac
  • 0 replies
  • 34 likes

Songs intermittently cut out after upgrading to El Capitan

spotify 1.0.16.104.g3b776c9emac book el capitan 10.11 Songs play for a few seconds then sound stops but the song keeps running. Then the song picks up 3 or 4 times throughout the life of the song. Usually displays an error that it can't play current ...

• spotify  1.0.16.104.g3b776c9e mac book el capitan 10.11   Songs play for a few seconds then sound stops but the song keeps running.  Then the song picks up 3 or 4 times throughout t...
  • sansnom
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Mac
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify Stealing Focus (even when minimised!)

Hi, I'm a Spotify premium user using Mac OSX 10.11.6. Spotify has recently started popping the window to the front of my display every minute or so. It does this even when I have minimised the window (ie it maximises the window from the dock). Is the...

• Hi, I'm a Spotify premium user using Mac OSX 10.11.6. Spotify has recently started popping the window to the front of my display every minute or so. It does this even when I have minimised the window...
  • guskiks1
  • Casual Listener
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • Mac
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

Musixmatch not working on desktop osx app

I have 1.0.1 with lyrics button, but when I clcick lyrics button I get a "We'll be back shortly. Your connection is slow or weak" message. Have done so for days now. Connection fine & not slow or weak. Anyone else seeing this issue? Thanks,K

• Casual Listener
  • I have 1.0.1 with lyrics button, but when I clcick lyrics button I get a    "We'll be back shortly. Your connection is slow or weak" message. Have done so for days now.   Connectio...
  • chewon2002
  • Casual Listener
  • 23 replies
  • 2 likes
  • Mac
  • 23 replies
  • 2 likes

Bring back clicking on album art to jump to where the song is playing from (desktop)

Normally, clicking on the album art should direct you to the song since version 1.0.5.If that does NOT work for you: Start a playlist and post the following information so we can check it out further: OS (Mac, Windows) Spotify Version (Menu => Help =...

• Roadie
  • Normally, clicking on the album art should direct you to the song since version 1.0.5. If that does NOT work for you: Start a playlist and post the following information so we can check it out furth...
  • suiton
  • Casual Listener
  • 101 replies
  • 161 likes
  • Mac
    Windows
  • 101 replies
  • 161 likes

Migration Advice (Apple Music and Local Files to Spotify)

Hello everyone, I am at my wit's end here, and I hope I can find some relief here. I have local music files on my iMac that I obtained from various sources in the past. I would like a streaming service that will allow me to 1) listen to the entire li...

• Hello everyone,    I am at my wit's end here, and I hope I can find some relief here.    I have local music files on my iMac that I obtained from various sources in the past. ...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Mac
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Spotify stutter OSX Yosemite App

Hi I am running OSX Yosemite on a one year old iMac, and the Spotify APP sort of goes on and off. And I have had no problem with the app, up until recent updates. And I imagine that it has something to do with Spaces. I locate the Spotify in my secon...

• Casual Listener
  • Hi   I am running OSX Yosemite on a one year old iMac, and the Spotify APP sort of goes on and off. And I have had no problem with the app, up until recent updates.    And I i...
  • ibbutler
  • Casual Listener
  • 8 replies
  • 2 likes
  • Mac
  • 8 replies
  • 2 likes

My spotufy is always offline, even when im connected tot wifi and using other things. It says error code 4

• My spotufy is always offline, even when im connected tot wifi and using other things. It says error code 4
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Mac
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Artist name links to wrong artist page

I'm having a weird issue where I keep trying to listen to Nada Surf, but Spotify keeps directing me to the Magnetic Fields instead. I tried getting to Nada's page from both a playlist and the search bar with the same result. Has this type of problem ...

• Roadie
  • I'm having a weird issue where I keep trying to listen to Nada Surf, but Spotify keeps directing me to the Magnetic Fields instead. I tried getting to Nada's page from both a playlist and the search ...
  • MiGlez
  • Regular
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Mac
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

I want to share a playlist but some tracks have red broken rectangles. What does this mean?

I've made a playlist of about 15 tracks found on Spotify, that I want to share with a friend.Three of the tracks have little red broken rectangle symbols next to them.Nine of the tracks have grey rectangles with music notes in. I notice I have these ...

• I've made a playlist of about 15 tracks found on Spotify, that I want to share with a friend. Three of the tracks have little red broken rectangle symbols next to them. Nine of the tracks have grey...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Mac
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Notifications won't go away

Since the most recent update my Spotify has told me I have notifications. When I try to load the notifications it just shows a loading circle that never goes away. I tried restarting, but every time I restart it just says I have one more notification...

• Casual Listener
  • Since the most recent update my Spotify has told me I have notifications. When I try to load the notifications it just shows a loading circle that never goes away. I tried restarting, but every time ...
  • LemonfaceBeats
  • Regular
  • 9 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Mac
  • 9 replies
  • 0 likes

Lyrics disappeared?

Have the lyrics have now gone from Spotify?I have tried on my macbook, iphone and Mac desktop, to no avail the lyrics are not coming up for me?I use Spotify and the lyrics section all.the.time. I would be so sad if they are have gone Can someone help...

• Have the lyrics have now gone from Spotify? I have tried on my macbook, iphone and Mac desktop, to no avail the lyrics are not coming up for me? I use Spotify and the lyrics section all.the.time. I...
  • kaskliber
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Desktop
    iOS
    Mac
    Mobile
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Spotify app issue- mac desktop

I keep getting "You can’t open the application “Spotify” because PowerPC applications are no longer supported." error message on my macbook pro when I try to open the app. I've uninstalled and reinstalled the app, but the issue continues. Everything ...

• I keep getting "You can’t open the application “Spotify” because PowerPC applications are no longer supported." error message on my macbook pro when I try to open the app. I've uninstalled and reinst...
  • iRoland
  • Casual Listener
  • 14 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Mac
  • 14 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Download quality

The desktop app doesn't have separate settings for streaming and syncing quality. So if I'm a premium user, does it always download music in 320kbps or only when high quality streaming enabled? If it depends on streaming setting, how do I re-download...

• The desktop app doesn't have separate settings for streaming and syncing quality. So if I'm a premium user, does it always download music in 320kbps or only when high quality streaming enabled? If it...
  • Terrantino
  • Regular
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes
  • Mac
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes

[OS X] Can't stop Spotify from auto-launching, setting doesn't save

I'm running OS X 10.10.3 and Spotify 1.0.3.101.gbfa97dfe. Spotify won't stop auto launching. When I go to Settings > Advanced Settings > Open Spotify Automatically...> switch from Minimized to No. I don't see a 'save' button anywhere but when I quit ...

• Visitor
  • I'm running OS X 10.10.3 and Spotify 1.0.3.101.gbfa97dfe. Spotify won't stop auto launching. When I go to Settings > Advanced Settings > Open Spotify Automatically...> switch from Minim...
  • DontRentMusic
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Mac
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Mac OS X and Spotify 1.0.36.124 with auto proxy

Hello, my auto proxy settings just stopped working about a month ago, it simply doesn't work. I have to change it to manual to be able to user proxy, or disable it if I don't need proxy. The auto proxy setting doesn't seem to work either with manual ...

• Hello, my auto proxy settings just stopped working about a month ago, it simply doesn't work. I have to change it to manual to be able to user proxy, or disable it if I don't need proxy. The aut...
  • 0 replies
  • 3 likes
  • Mac
  • 0 replies
  • 3 likes

'Make Current Playlist' functionality AWOL

In the most recent update 1.0.1, the new client as well as losing filter functionality and apps, has lost the ability to change the current playlist/source when right/ctrl-clicking. This was a feature I used multiple times daily, and the regression o...

• Regular
  • In the most recent update 1.0.1, the new client as well as losing filter functionality and apps, has lost the ability to change the current playlist/source when right/ctrl-clicking. This was a featur...
  • Tieh
  • 2 replies
  • 4 likes
  • Mac
  • 2 replies
  • 4 likes

ISSUE. All songs in starred playlist disappeared!

Logging in today my starred playlist is empty - a few thousand songs gone.Checking different devices this is the same across all.Read all forum topics and nothing points me in the right direction. Cannot recover the songs on the account backend onlin...

• Casual Listener
  • Logging in today my starred playlist is empty - a few thousand songs gone. Checking different devices this is the same across all. Read all forum topics and nothing points me in the right ...
  • moo5k
  • Casual Listener
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Mac
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! can you search for a song in some one you are following?

So I heard a song from some one I know while workign out. I know the name of the song but they dont have there play list arranged in a way i can find it. IS there a way to search in Spotify in side a person i am following for a particular song?

• Regular
  • So I heard a song from some one I know while workign out. I know the name of the song but they dont have there play list arranged in a way i can find it.    IS there a way to search in Sp...
  • Dreadlord
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Mac
    Windows
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Error 127 (Mac OS X 10.9.2) - Please Help

Cant´t login to Spotify, getting error message 127 and I cant´t find any threads about this. Have tried to reinstall Spotify several times and I have also messed around with the firewall settings but nothing seems to help. If you have any suggestions...

• Casual Listener
  • Cant´t login to Spotify, getting error message 127 and I cant´t find any threads about this.    Have tried to reinstall Spotify several times and I have also messed around with the...
  • Anouk-Louise
  • Casual Listener
  • 5 replies
  • 3 likes
  • Mac
  • 5 replies
  • 3 likes

Offline at Spotify after Facebook email and password change

Hello everybody, I have the following issue: I cannot login to Spotify. Where: desktop App, Mobile App, Spofify Web App (shortly: everywhere except this forum). Please see attached screenshots. My Spotify account is bounded to my Facebook account.Rec...

• Hello everybody,   I have the following issue: I cannot login to Spotify. Where: desktop App, Mobile App, Spofify Web App (shortly: everywhere except this forum). Please see attached screensho...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Mac
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes