Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Desktop (Mac)

Discuss Spotify for Mac

Start a topic

Forum Posts

Jam now available on Desktop

Spotify is bringing Jam to the desktop app! 拾 ️ Now you can start or join a listening party with your friends, family, colleagues, and classmates, with the Spotify desktop app in addition to the mobile app. Although you can listen on your own, Jam in...

Start Jam Menu - Desktop App.png Queue Right Sidebar.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

New "Now Playing View" sidebar

Spotify is introducing a new "Now Playing View" sidebar in the desktop app and Web Player to go along with the recently released "Your Library" sidebar. The Now Playing View in the right sidebar shows the album art and info of the current song or pod...

• Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

New Your Library sidebar

Spotify is introducing a new Your Library sidebar in the desktop app and Web Player. The new Your Library sidebar is rolling out to all desktop users now, so you will be seeing it soon if you haven't already. The new Your Library sidebar improves nav...

Sidebar Tips.png Desktop Sidebar Compact View.png Compact Layout.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 3 likes

Solved!! Spotify free: Music stops on MAC

Edited: Thank you very much everyone for helping! Finally I managed to correct the error and the steps are those that DerpyNerd offered and highlighted as a solution. Hi! I have a MacBook Pro, and for a week now I have a problem with the desktop app....

• Casual Listener
  • bfteach
  • Regular
  • 19 replies
  • 1 likes
  • music stops
  • 19 replies
  • 1 likes

[Mac] Troubleshooting Spotify

Having trouble with Spotify on your Desktop app? Here’s what to try first. Search the Community Someone might have asked your question on the Community before. So type your issue into the search box and have a look. Tip: Don't forget to check our Spo...

• Spotify Legend
  • 0 replies
  • 34 likes
  • Mac
  • 0 replies
  • 34 likes

Cannot share a playlist with user I'm following

I found my friend's profile and followed her. However, when I open a playlist and click Share --> Send to, I can't find her name or username. Please help!

• I found my friend's profile and followed her. However, when I open a playlist and click Share --> Send to, I can't find her name or username. Please help!  
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Mac
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Removing Local Files

Hi there,I've recently set up a Spotify account which I'll use on my Mac and I added my iTunes library into Spotify as Local Files to begin with. I want to delete them all as I've managed to get most of them on Spotify. I've went into Preferences and...

• Hi there, I've recently set up a Spotify account which I'll use on my Mac and I added my iTunes library into Spotify as Local Files to begin with.  I want to delete them all as I've managed t...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Mac
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Songs not showing up

Songs are not showing up under the "song" tab. Initially, after a fresh install it will work for a certain time and eventually the song tab is not accessible anymore. Only a fresh install will solve the problem. This has been an on going issue for qu...

• Songs are not showing up under the "song" tab. Initially, after a fresh install it will work for a certain time and eventually the song tab is not accessible anymore. Only a fresh install will solve ...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Mac
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Memory leak on Mac 10.11.5

Hi folks,I have been using spotify desktop client on my Mac. And I have noticed interesting thing recently: application wrote around 30 Gb to disk storage. There are a few screens attached.DiskCPUNetwork

spotify_usage.png spotify_usage2.png spotify_usage3.png
  • Regular
  • Hi folks, I have been using spotify desktop client on my Mac. And I have noticed interesting thing recently: application wrote around 30 Gb to disk storage. There are a few screens attached. ...
  • Bittencourt
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Mac
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Listening history blank (Mac OS 10.11.4 (15E65) Spotify: 1.0.28.87.g8f9312a4)

Since at least a couple weeks ago, I noticed the listening history on my Spotify desktop client is completely blank. I open the queue and it seems to be working fine, but the History is blank. Used to show my history. I have tried restarting the app,...

• Regular
  • Since at least a couple weeks ago, I noticed the listening history on my Spotify desktop client is completely blank. I open the queue and it seems to be working fine, but the History is blank. U...
  • sshimmy
  • Regular
  • 3 replies
  • 1 likes
  • Mac
  • 3 replies
  • 1 likes

SelfControl App and opening Spotify Ports

Hello all, I have an issue that I'm hoping someone in the community can solve. I've been unable to find the answers I need with Google. I use an app called SelfControl App that blocks internet traffic. It makes it so I can get work done without getti...

• Casual Listener
  • Hello all,   I have an issue that I'm hoping someone in the community can solve. I've been unable to find the answers I need with Google.   I use an app called SelfControl App&nbsp...
  • mraby
  • Casual Listener
  • 3 replies
  • 2 likes
  • Mac
  • 3 replies
  • 2 likes

Solved!! Spotify won't install on Mac 10.5.8

When I try to install spotify on my Mac (OSX 10.5.8), I unzip the Installer file and a window comes up saying its downloading then disappears. The "instal spotify" box is still on my dock, but the actual program won't open to let me sign in. It is al...

• Visitor
  • When I try to install spotify on my Mac (OSX 10.5.8), I unzip the Installer file and a window comes up saying its downloading then disappears. The "instal spotify" box is still on my dock, but the ac...
  • mmjones20
  • 28 replies
  • 7 likes
  • 28 replies
  • 7 likes

Discover Weekly Title in German

http://d.pr/i/15x0N Platform: OSX 10.11.5 (15F34)App version: 1.0.32.96.g3c8a06e6 Previously has always been in English as expected. Never been to Germany. Language has always been set to English.

• http://d.pr/i/15x0N   Platform: OSX 10.11.5 (15F34) App version: 1.0.32.96.g3c8a06e6   Previously has always been in English as expected.  Never been to Germany.  L...
  • Hubo
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Mac
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Where is the Devices tab? Mine is missing....

I'm trying to sync my iphone to Spotify, but the instructions I've found say there should be a 'Devices' section in the sidebar. Did I accidentally disable it or something?

Screen Shot 2015-04-06 at 7.27.58 PM.png
  • Visitor
  • I'm trying to sync my iphone to Spotify, but the instructions I've found say there should be a 'Devices' section in the sidebar.   Did I accidentally disable it or something?  
  • led357
  • 9 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Mac
  • 9 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Can't see the Devices menu anywhere

I'm on Premium, I'm trying to sync my local files on desktop Spotify to my iPhone; I'm reading the instructions, and I can't see where I "pair" my iPhone to Spotify. It seems I should be seeing a "Devices" menu which doesn't appear on my Spotify ??

• Music Fan
  • I'm on Premium, I'm trying to sync my local files on desktop Spotify to my iPhone; I'm reading the instructions, and I can't see where I "pair" my iPhone to Spotify. It seems I should be seeing a "De...
  • sarasite
  • 9 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Mac
  • 9 replies
  • 0 likes

lost all my spotify playlists , need help

1. I moved recently from Spain to UK.2. My free Spotify account was blocked without any warning ( because of the 14-day abroad limitation)3. I couldn't change the country in my account settings to change the country from ES to UK4. When I created my ...

• Casual Listener
  • 1. I moved recently from Spain to UK. 2. My free Spotify account was blocked without any warning ( because of the 14-day abroad limitation) 3. I couldn't change the country in my account setti...
  • alexk3
  • Casual Listener
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Mac
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify won't download on my Mac

So I tried downloading Spotify on my Mac (desktop) and the SpotifyInstaller.zip downloaded but when I clicked on it to install Spotify something popped up and said that the file was corrupted.

• So I tried downloading Spotify on my Mac (desktop) and the SpotifyInstaller.zip downloaded but when I clicked on it to install Spotify something popped up and said that the file was corrupted.
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Mac
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Unable to login to Spotify.

I am unable to log into Spotify ! Tried to change password but get the message 'Sorry, your form has expired. Please try again.'

• I am unable to log into Spotify ! Tried to change password but get the message 'Sorry, your form has expired. Please try again.'
  • vineethmucherla
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Mac
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Secret "Discover Weekly" Playlist?

I stumbled across a "Discover Weekly" playlist that somehow made its way into my Playlists tab this afternoon. I've been listening to it since then and it's great! However, the playlist just mysteriously disappeared from all of Spotify now, and after...

Screen Shot 2015-04-08 at 12.26.42 AM.png
  • ...wesome.   Also, here's a feedback form that was linked to in my original Discover Weekly playlist, which has publicly readable responses. It only has 20 reponses so far, so it s...
  • scullybhoy1888
  • 51 replies
  • 7 likes
  • Mac
  • 51 replies
  • 7 likes

App Freezes All The Time Duding Playback

I have an iPhone 6 Plus and am running Spotify version 5.7.0.1055. The app freezes all the time during playback. For example, I will start playing a song. The song will continue to play but the UI freezes and is unresponsive. I can try to press the "...

• Regular
  • I have an iPhone 6 Plus and am running Spotify version 5.7.0.1055. The app freezes all the time during playback. For example, I will start playing a song. The song will continue to play but the UI fr...
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes
  • Mac
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes

Songs replaced by endless copies of a different song.

Hi, i started using Spotify around 2008-2009 ish. Ever since, (though i at one point made a new account i believe) i have kept a "main list", meaning i had thousands of not just nostalgic songs but music i will probably not find if i go searching aga...

• Hi, i started using Spotify around 2008-2009 ish. Ever since, (though i at one point made a new account i believe) i have kept a "main list", meaning i had thousands of not just nostalgic songs but m...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Mac
    Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify Pausing with new speakers / dac

Version of spotify: http://prntscr.com/5hz2zn Macbook Pro - late 2012 Hey Spotify Community, I just purchased a set of AudioEngine A5+ speakers and a D1 DAC and started encountering a pretty random issue with Spotify. As I was playing songs via spoti...

• Version of spotify: http://prntscr.com/5hz2zn Macbook Pro - late 2012   Hey Spotify Community,   I just purchased a set of AudioEngine A5+ speakers and a D1 DAC and started encoun...
  • ascorti
  • Casual Listener
  • 8 replies
  • 1 likes
  • Mac
  • 8 replies
  • 1 likes

Playlist bug for local files

Weird bug: I have a local file that I have added to a playlist. For some reason that file won't show on my desktop (Mac OS X El Capitan) playlist. But Spotify definitely is recognizing that I've added the file; the playlist correctly updates on my mo...

• Weird bug: I have a local file that I have added to a playlist. For some reason that file won't show on my desktop (Mac OS X El Capitan) playlist. But Spotify definitely is recognizing that I've adde...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Mac
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

drag and drop never worked in my playlists using Chrome or/and Firefox

Hi, i'm trying to edit my playlists but drag and drop never worked. I wanna chage the sequence of the songs that I creatd first, but appears to be disable or something. I'm not using the app, im using the browser. Can anyone help me with this? Spotif...

• Hi, i'm trying to edit my playlists but drag and drop never worked. I wanna chage the sequence of the songs that I creatd first, but appears to be disable or something.   I'm not using th...
  • osornios
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Mac
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Error code 4

Hi everybody, I tried to find a solution in the forums but nothing seems to work for me. Since a month spotify keeps giving error code 4. Several solutions I found, tested but don't work for me. edit: it also can't log in on my phone- restart- log ou...

• Casual Listener
  • Hi everybody,   I tried to find a solution in the forums but nothing seems to work for me.  Since a month spotify keeps giving error code 4. Several solutions I found, tested but don't w...
  • shoemann
  • Regular
  • 15 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Mac
  • 15 replies
  • 0 likes