Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Desktop (Mac)

Discuss Spotify for Mac

Start a topic

Forum Posts

Jam now available on Desktop

Spotify is bringing Jam to the desktop app! 拾 ️ Now you can start or join a listening party with your friends, family, colleagues, and classmates, with the Spotify desktop app in addition to the mobile app. Although you can listen on your own, Jam in...

Start Jam Menu - Desktop App.png Queue Right Sidebar.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

New "Now Playing View" sidebar

Spotify is introducing a new "Now Playing View" sidebar in the desktop app and Web Player to go along with the recently released "Your Library" sidebar. The Now Playing View in the right sidebar shows the album art and info of the current song or pod...

• Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

New Your Library sidebar

Spotify is introducing a new Your Library sidebar in the desktop app and Web Player. The new Your Library sidebar is rolling out to all desktop users now, so you will be seeing it soon if you haven't already. The new Your Library sidebar improves nav...

Sidebar Tips.png Desktop Sidebar Compact View.png Compact Layout.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 3 likes

Solved!! Spotify free: Music stops on MAC

Edited: Thank you very much everyone for helping! Finally I managed to correct the error and the steps are those that DerpyNerd offered and highlighted as a solution. Hi! I have a MacBook Pro, and for a week now I have a problem with the desktop app....

• Casual Listener
  • bfteach
  • Regular
  • 19 replies
  • 1 likes
  • music stops
  • 19 replies
  • 1 likes

[Mac] Troubleshooting Spotify

Having trouble with Spotify on your Desktop app? Here’s what to try first. Search the Community Someone might have asked your question on the Community before. So type your issue into the search box and have a look. Tip: Don't forget to check our Spo...

• Spotify Legend
  • 0 replies
  • 34 likes
  • Mac
  • 0 replies
  • 34 likes

Bought Spotify premium but app says my account is free

I bought a Spotify premium subscription on my phone but the app says my account is still free. I paid for premium features, I want what I paid for. I tried every solution possible nothing is working. Can someone please help me

• I bought a Spotify premium subscription on my phone but the app says my account is still free. I paid for premium features, I want what I paid for. I tried every solution possible nothing is working....
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Mac
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

AppleScript: play track not working with local tracks

Hi, Play Track is not working(not doing anything) with local tracks. It used to work before..Example: tell application "Spotify" play track "spotify:local:::testsong:184" end tellCan you fix it? Thanks

• Regular
  • Hi,   Play Track is not working(not doing anything) with local tracks. It used to work before.. Example:   tell application "Spotify" play track "spotify:local:::testsong:184" end tel...
  • apoorvkhatreja
  • 1 replies
  • 2 likes
  • Mac
  • 1 replies
  • 2 likes

Connecting.... message at startup

Hello Guys, I've been a premium users for a while now and recently I switched to the family plan and since then I've noticed that every single time I launch spotify (no matter what platform/device) it takes almost 10-20 seconds to connect. I really n...

• Regular
  • Hello Guys,   I've been a premium users for a while now and recently I switched to the family plan and since then I've noticed that every single time I launch spotify (no matter what platform/...
  • JohnnyBGood
  • Regular
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Mac
    Windows
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Paid for £0.99 premium trial 3months but stopped working after 1 week

Hi guys, I signed up for the 3 months of spotify preimum for £0.99p on the 29/5/16 however, in my receipts page it says 'none' in payment and now its asking me to sign up for premium again. It looks like they've only signed me up for the 7d free prei...

• Hi guys,   I signed up for the 3 months of spotify preimum for £0.99p on the 29/5/16 however, in my receipts page it says 'none' in payment and now its asking me to sign up for premium ag...
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes
  • Mac
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes

Offline track number limit!!!

Whats the number of tracks I can have offline per device?I'm getting this annoying error about the limit in the iOS app.Are u guys @spotify not planning to increse the limit? Just like Gmail constantly increases the storage space

• Whats the number of tracks I can have offline per device? I'm getting this annoying error about the limit in the iOS app. Are u guys @spotify not planning to increse the limit? Just like Gmail cons...
  • user-removed
  • Not applicable
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Mac
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! now playing won't show up

my "now playing" thing won't show up in the bottom left hand corner. it's jsut a black screen and it says spotify in both places whre it should have the name of the artist and the name of the song. is there any way i can fix this?

• Casual Listener
  • my "now playing" thing won't show up in the bottom left hand corner. it's jsut a black screen and it says spotify in both places whre it should have the name of the artist and the name of the song. i...
  • colorsfdetogrey
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Mac
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Russian Language

if the service does not work in Russia , it does not mean that the Russian language in the application is not needed. I live in the UK, but my native language is Russian . I prefer to use Russian . I think I'm not the only one . return the Russian la...

• Casual Listener
  • if the service does not work in Russia , it does not mean that the Russian language in the application is not needed. I live in the UK, but my native language is Russian . I prefer to use Russian . I...
  • realityfantasy
  • Roadie
  • 5 replies
  • 17 likes
  • Mac
    Windows
  • 5 replies
  • 17 likes

Free subscription

I had the free subscription for a week and it was supposed to cancel after, but it didn't and now I'd like my money back

• I had the free subscription for a week and it was supposed to cancel after, but it didn't and now I'd like my money back
  • Dreadlord
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Mac
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Unable to access account overseas

Hello, I can't access my account overseas after entering correct username and password. It prompts the message that for a free trial subscription, we can only use it overseas for 14days. Help me to get my access back as I m overseas for 2-3 months. H...

• Hello, I can't access my account overseas after entering correct username and password. It prompts the message that for a free trial subscription, we can only use it overseas for 14days. Help me to g...
  • osornios
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Mac
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Problems with notifications

I dont get any notifications on the artists that I'm following what so ever. Is this a known problem, or does any of you know how to fix it? It would be highly appreciated.(I'm new here on the spotify forum, so sorry if I posted the wrong place or so...

• Casual Listener
  • I dont get any notifications on the artists that I'm following what so ever. Is this a known problem, or does any of you know how to fix it? 🙂 It would be highly appreciated. (I'm new here on the s...
  • GooMoonRyongg
  • 8 replies
  • 4 likes
  • Mac
  • 8 replies
  • 4 likes

Installation failed for Mac version 10.11.5

Hello! I am having trouble installing Spotify for the first time on my MacBook with OS X El Capitan version 10.11.5. I receive the following error and have tried to re-download the package multiple times. Please help!

Screen Shot 2016-05-19 at 5.14.24 PM.png
  • Hello!  I am having trouble installing Spotify for the first time on my MacBook with OS X El Capitan version 10.11.5.  I receive the following error and have tried to re-download the packag...
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Mac
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Strange problem: If I've used Spotify on iPhone I can't play on desktop

If I listen on Spotify on mobile, then STOP the music and try to listen on my Mac, I get a message saying Spotify can't play (it won't play any music at all), and I have to restart. However, if I use Spotify Connect; I just let Spotify on my phone co...

• Music Fan
  • If I listen on Spotify on mobile, then STOP the music and try to listen on my Mac, I get a message saying Spotify can't play (it won't play any music at all), and I have to restart.  ...
  • 72dpi
  • Music Fan
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Mac
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Can't play current song - Error on both Mac and Windows clients

Routinely, nearly every day now, I am presented with an error message on various songs that state "Can't play current song". This occurs on both Mac and Windows clients. The Windows Client version is: 1.0.29.90.g200ff544, and the Mac is at work. Rest...

• Music Fan
  • Routinely, nearly every day now, I am presented with an error message on various songs that state "Can't play current song". This occurs on both Mac and Windows clients. The Windows Client version is...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Mac
    Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify 1.0.24.104 doesn't work behind https proxy

I've updated this morning from 1.0.21 to 1.0.24 (Ubuntu, but the same on OSX El Capitan), and I cannot set https proxy, only http. So, Spotify client could not connect anymore. WTF guys? Do you test the code you write? I'm paying for a Premium accoun...

• Music Fan
  • I've updated this morning from 1.0.21 to 1.0.24 (Ubuntu, but the same on OSX El Capitan), and I cannot set https proxy, only http. So, Spotify client could not connect anymore.   WTF guys...
  • altefe4
  • 7 replies
  • 8 likes
  • Mac
  • 7 replies
  • 8 likes

I'm trying to log in and I put my username and password and then I hit log in. Then I get an error box saying "account already created with this username". I'm not trying to open a new account, I'm just trying to login

• Casual Listener
  • I'm trying to log in and I put my username and password and then I hit log in. Then I get an error box saying "account already created with this username". I'm not trying to open a new account, I'm j...
  • anjieeeeeeeeee
  • Roadie
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Mac
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Album won't play

Drakes new album won't play on my iPhone 6+Come one y'all! Pandora has their **bleep** together, fix it.

• Casual Listener
  • Drakes new album won't play on my iPhone 6+ Come one y'all! Pandora has their **bleep** together, fix it.
  • user-removed
  • Not applicable
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Mac
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

the wrong song is playing

So I was going through my music on Spotify trying to delete some old songs, I was under the "songs" section. some of my music is playing completely different songs. for example when I was sampling one of my songs it was playing something from Bridget...

• So I was going through my music on Spotify trying to delete some old songs, I was under the "songs" section. some of my music is playing completely different songs. for example when I was sampling on...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Mac
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

notifications in spotify (e.g. about new releases) is not appearing

While I turned this option off and on again on Spotify, it magically won't re-appear. In the past I always had these notifications appearing, but even the symbol of the notifications is missing in the top-bar.Can someone help me with this?

• While I turned this option off and on again on Spotify, it magically won't re-appear. In the past I always had these notifications appearing, but even the symbol of the notifications is missing in th...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Mac
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Unable to Connect to Facebook

Trying to sync my Spotify account with facebook but I get this error. Can someone help me troubleshoot?

• Trying to sync my Spotify account with facebook but I get this error. Can someone help me troubleshoot?   
  • user-removed
  • Not applicable
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Mac
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes