Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Desktop (Mac)

Discuss Spotify for Mac

Start a topic

Forum Posts

Jam now available on Desktop

Spotify is bringing Jam to the desktop app! 拾 ️ Now you can start or join a listening party with your friends, family, colleagues, and classmates, with the Spotify desktop app in addition to the mobile app. Although you can listen on your own, Jam in...

Start Jam Menu - Desktop App.png Queue Right Sidebar.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

New "Now Playing View" sidebar

Spotify is introducing a new "Now Playing View" sidebar in the desktop app and Web Player to go along with the recently released "Your Library" sidebar. The Now Playing View in the right sidebar shows the album art and info of the current song or pod...

• Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

New Your Library sidebar

Spotify is introducing a new Your Library sidebar in the desktop app and Web Player. The new Your Library sidebar is rolling out to all desktop users now, so you will be seeing it soon if you haven't already. The new Your Library sidebar improves nav...

Sidebar Tips.png Desktop Sidebar Compact View.png Compact Layout.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 3 likes

Solved!! Spotify free: Music stops on MAC

Edited: Thank you very much everyone for helping! Finally I managed to correct the error and the steps are those that DerpyNerd offered and highlighted as a solution. Hi! I have a MacBook Pro, and for a week now I have a problem with the desktop app....

• Casual Listener
  • bfteach
  • Regular
  • 19 replies
  • 1 likes
  • music stops
  • 19 replies
  • 1 likes

[Mac] Troubleshooting Spotify

Having trouble with Spotify on your Desktop app? Here’s what to try first. Search the Community Someone might have asked your question on the Community before. So type your issue into the search box and have a look. Tip: Don't forget to check our Spo...

• Spotify Legend
  • 0 replies
  • 35 likes
  • Mac
  • 0 replies
  • 35 likes

Solved!! Cannot remove local files that no longer exist on my macbook

Hello, I have several podcasts showing up in my local files library that haven't existed on my macbook in months, maybe years. I've searched everywhere I could think on how to delete these and this post looks like the user had the same issue resolved...

• Regular
  • Hello,   I have several podcasts showing up in my local files library that haven't existed on my macbook in months, maybe years. I've searched everywhere I could think on how to delete these a...
  • SuperWisdom
  • Community Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Mac
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Keep getting "Can't play the current song"

Hi everybody, I just paid for Premium subscription today and want to use Spotify on multiple devices and save some tracks for offline pleasure, but I keep getting the same message "Can't play the current song" on the latest Mac client of Spotify. It ...

• Regular
  • Hi everybody, I just paid for Premium subscription today and want to use Spotify on multiple devices and save some tracks for offline pleasure, but I keep getting the same message "Can't play the cur...
  • zoobain
  • Music Fan
  • 18 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Mac
  • 18 replies
  • 0 likes

[BUG] Notifications disappears after a restart of Spotify 1.0.1

Let's say I have 20 notifications.If I close Spotify and restart it later, all the notifications have disappeared, even those that I did not listen to. Could you imagine your unread emails disappering after you close your mail reader ? No!Well it's t...

• Roadie
  • Let's say I have 20 notifications. If I close Spotify and restart it later, all the notifications have disappeared, even those that I did not listen to.   Could you imagine your unread emails...
  • TinyTempo
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes
  • Mac
    Windows
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes

iTunes to Spotify Migration Help Advice

So I want to optimize how much space I have on my computer. I want to delete everything locally on my computer (most of it on itunes) that spotify has and keep everything locally that spotify does not have. I have about 100 GB's worth of music. What ...

• Casual Listener
  • So I want to optimize how much space I have on my computer.   I want to delete everything locally on my computer (most of it on itunes) that spotify has and keep everything locally that spotif...
  • mapuya19
  • Community Legend
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Mac
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

Ad-adsmatte virus in browse section in spotify mac version

Hello,I am using spotify on mac with up-to-date version. I guess my system was infected with some malware which cause my browser to open and connect to some website called "ad-admattes" (than directing to other ad sites) when I click anything on spot...

• Casual Listener
  • Hello, I am using spotify on mac with up-to-date version. I guess my system was infected with some malware which cause my browser to open and connect to some website called "ad-admattes" (than direc...
  • mapuya19
  • Community Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Mac
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Please Add "Bantana" Feature To Spotify preferences menu

Hello. In our office we have a collected playlist of music that we share and careful curate. We have placed a ban on Carlos Santana music in our office (we know this policy as the "Bantana"), but we are worried that Spotify Radio may play a Carlos Sa...

Screen Shot 2016-04-04 at 2.29.42 PM.png
  • Hello. In our office we have a collected playlist of music that we share and careful curate. We have placed a ban on Carlos Santana music in our office (we know this policy as the "Bantana"), but we ...
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes
  • Mac
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes

List of saved songs won't show anymore

For some random reason Spotify is not showing my list of saved songs anymore. It's working fine on the web player and also on the iphone, just not on the mac.I tried closing the program, restarting the mac, uninstalling and reinstalling spotify, but ...

Captura de Tela 2016-04-03 às 00.45.51.png
  • For some random reason Spotify is not showing my list of saved songs anymore. It's working fine on the web player and also on the iphone, just not on the mac. I tried closing the program, restarti...
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes
  • Mac
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes

Playlists and radio stations disappeared

Spotify made me log into my account on my phone (it has always just stayed logged in until this) so I logged in (after resetting my password) and there is nothing saved-no playlists or radio stations or anything. Please help

• Casual Listener
  • Spotify made me log into my account on my phone (it has always just stayed logged in until this) so I logged in (after resetting my password) and there is nothing saved-no playlists or radio stations...
  • Foodieshake
  • Casual Listener
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Mac
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

OSX 10.10.5: minor interruption of connection to bluetooth headset requires a restart of spotify

OSX 10.10.5, Spotify 1.0.25.127, bluetooth headset. If I walk about 15 feet away from the mac while spotify is playing, Spotify stops playing. If I come back in range, Spotify doesn't resume and will not resume playing when I hit play. Error message ...

• Gig Goer
  • OSX 10.10.5, Spotify 1.0.25.127, bluetooth headset.   If I walk about 15 feet away from the mac while spotify is playing, Spotify stops playing. If I come back in range, Spotify doesn't resume...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Mac
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Can't Play Current Track - MAC

I keep getting the "Can't play current track" on the desktop application for my Mac. This issue only started yesterday and it worked fine up to that point. Now I cannot play any songs through Spotify.

• Regular
  • I keep getting the "Can't play current track" on the desktop application for my Mac. This issue only started yesterday and it worked fine up to that point. Now I cannot play any songs through Spotify...
  • Nico
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Mac
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Radio Error - Failed to load

New to the spotif service. Enjoying my 3 month premium trial! However, I am unable to use the "Radio" function on my Mac. Upon clicking on the "Radio" link in the left side navigation, I receive Error: Failed to load Any ideas on how to resolve the s...

• Regular
  • New to the spotif service.  Enjoying my 3 month premium trial!  However, I am unable to use the "Radio" function on my Mac.  Upon clicking on the "Radio" link in the left side navigati...
  • Dzoker
  • Music Fan
  • 28 replies
  • 1 likes
  • Mac
  • 28 replies
  • 1 likes

Can't access Discover Playlist

I used to get a discover weekly playlist but it doesn't appear anymore (in fact, new albums etc don't appear either). Can't work out why. Been on premium for a year or so. Only thing I can think of it that I updated my operation system to OSX El Capi...

• Casual Listener
  • I used to get a discover weekly playlist but it doesn't appear anymore (in fact, new albums etc don't appear either). Can't work out why. Been on premium for a year or so. Only thing I can think of i...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Mac
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Update Restart logs out of Last.fm

Hey all, I've realized everytime Spotify does an update, it keep all the same settings, except it logs you out of Last.fm. This is frustrating, because I often forget to sign back in when there is an update, since you just restart to install and it o...

• Casual Listener
  • Hey all,   I've realized everytime Spotify does an update, it keep all the same settings, except it logs you out of Last.fm. This is frustrating, because I often forget to sign back in when th...
  • rogueguy
  • Regular
  • 3 replies
  • 1 likes
  • Mac
  • 3 replies
  • 1 likes

Local files not showing up in library, can't add new files to playlists

Am using desktop client on OSX 10.10.1, spotify build 1.0.4.90.g0b6df40b Have attempted a clean installs (including a full clean of supporting hidden files). This seems to have been an issue from 2-3 weeks ago when spotify updated itself. My local fi...

Screen Shot 2015-05-12 at 10.34.10 pm.png
  • Regular
  • Am using desktop client on OSX 10.10.1, spotify build 1.0.4.90.g0b6df40b Have attempted a clean installs (including a full clean of supporting hidden files). This seems to have been an issu...
  • GizmoRyda
  • 12 replies
  • 3 likes
  • Mac
  • 12 replies
  • 3 likes

If I change the name of my playlist, will it lose its "number 1 spot"?

Currently my playlist is at the number 1 spot if you search for playlists with that kind of name. But if I wanted to change the name a bit, add some letters/symbols, would it lose the spot then? I wanna be sure before I do it so please help me out Lo...

• Music Fan
  • Currently my playlist is at the number 1 spot if you search for playlists with that kind of name. But if I wanted to change the name a bit, add some letters/symbols, would it lose the spot then? I wa...
  • Dreadlord
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Mac
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Playlist won't complete downloading on Mac OS 10.11

Maybe this isn't a huge issue, but it is driving me up the wall for some reason. (See attached image to the right.) This one playlist won't "complete" the download process. All of the songs do appear to be successfully download. While I haven't tried...

help.png
  • Maybe this isn't a huge issue, but it is driving me up the wall for some reason. (See attached image to the right.)   This one playlist won't "complete" the download process. All of the song...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Mac
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Friend Feed Sidebar Replaced by Recently Played Feature!

Hello to all: Any user posting about the Friend Feed being replaced by Recently Played feature, please post your feedback to this thread here: https://community.spotify.com/t5/Help-Desktop-Mac/Friend-feed-sidebar-replaced-by-recently-played/td-p/1305...

• Visitor
  • Hello to all:   Any user posting about the Friend Feed being replaced by Recently Played feature, please post your feedback to this thread here: https://community.spotify.com/t5/Help-De...
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes
  • Mac
    Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes

Black screen with endless circle dots!

Tried everything I could think of...Quitting the app (had to force quit it)Restarted my laptop.Deleted the ru.mo thingReinstalled the app. Nothing.My internet is working fine obviously.

Screen Shot 2016-03-13 at 6.52.23 PM.png
  • Casual Listener
  • Tried everything I could think of... Quitting the app (had to force quit it) Restarted my laptop. Deleted the ru.mo thing Reinstalled the app.   Nothing. My internet is working fine obvio...
  • Bittencourt
  • Spotify Star
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Mac
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes